A Birth day - Page 47
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 47 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 47 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:36 pm

Aria nodded to Marcus as he said he knew her sizes by heart " all right , give me a list of her sizes and I'll get on it " she said smiling to him as she heard Angus talking " ha with the amount those guys eat might as well be an army" she said and chuckled to him as she heard the amount of sheet pans he had used. " but it all does sound good " she added.

Ruby chuckled and nodded as Marcus and Angus spoke of giving the girls some diced veg instead of the puree stuff to get them on solids" I agree it won't harm then and might even settle them with fuller stomachs." she said then chuckled as they spoke of how many teeth each girl had " oh I know about those extra teeth " she said and chuckled " she got my finger while I was putting on her tee this morning" Aria chuckled and moved to sit down " don't worry about the plates and such , Aria and I will get them ready when the times ready for them" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:45 pm

"You do know I got the sideboard so that we can let all these people with varying sizes of appetites to fix their own plates, right?" Angus said. "With the sideboard backed up right to the worktable, we can easily set up the sideboard by merely sliding the dishes over from the worktable to the sideboard. And for big holiday meals, we can use the worktable as additional sideboard space."

"That means that you can have the Christmas party over here this year instead of the main house," Marcus laughed.

"I don't know about that," Angus said. "I'd have to enchant the living room to increase in size and buy about three times the furniture that we have in here now to accommodate everyone. I had no idea I was building an undersized house from the outset."

"Well, as I see it, you can either enchant it or add on."

"Or tear it all down and start over," Angus said. "But I rather like it as it is."

"Well, that was not something I was going to suggest," Marcus said. "Besides, look at it this way, in a couple years, your teens will be on their own, and we'll be out of here, and you'll have two free bedrooms unless you fill it up with more kids. And then there will be the grandkids visiting..."

"Grandkids? Hell, no. I'm too young for grandkids. Not happening. At least for awhile, I hope," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:56 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded " okay yes we knew" she said to Angus then heard Marcus and Angus talking about this years Christmas and they both laughed as Angus said no grand kids and that he was too young " I have to agree, not yet and I like the living room as it is, its cosy just the way it is" Ruby said with a chuckle as Aria laughed next to her.

Aria looked at Marcus and smiled as he spoke of them having their own place , as in the cottage fully furnished and then living there " but we will visit after all your his body guard" she said and smirked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:18 am

"Well, I'm hoping we can end Suzanne's need for revenge someday," Angu said.

"And deprive me of employment?" Marcus teased. "Besides I don't have to break the heels off your shoes before we go out, and I don't have to zip up your dress either."

"Well, the next time I wear my dress, you can zip me up," Angus teased.

"God," Marcus laughed, shaking his head. "You don't miss a beat, do you?"

"No. I don't," Angus said. He glanced up and saw his grandmother float down the stairs and motioned to him and floated out the front door. "I'll be back. Apparently, I'm needed outside." He turned and headed to the door.

"Needed? By what? I didn't hear anything," Marcus said, getting up.

"I didn't either, but my gran is motioning me outside."

"That means 'we're' going out, not just you," Marcus said. "I don't know if we have a situation or not, but, Aria, you and Ruby watch out for the kids, and if it is a situation, make sure you give a heads up to Edward and Simone too." He grabbed his jacket and tossed Angus's jacket to him. They went out, and Angus saw Caprice disappearing into the woods.

"This way," Angus said, pointing off in the direction that Caprice was going in, and he followed.

"Angus, be careful," Marcus said. "Victor mentioned to me that there is a new, deep sinkhole off someplace in this direction. I don't know where it is though, and it's going to get dark soon. It'll be hard seeing where the trees get thick."

"I'll be careful," Angus said. "But the grounds go back quite far this way, so we could be hiking for hours."

"You weren't supposed to remind me of that," Marcus sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:32 am

Aria and Ruby laughed at there antics but paused as Angus spoke about going outside because older Caprice wanted him to follow both stood up and nodded to Marcus " I'll go" Aria said and headed to the adjoining door and knocked before she entered.

"Don't worry about the kids or supper" Ruby said " just go find out what she needs you to do" she said to him and sat watching the girls as she saw Aria head to Edwards side of the duplex .

Aria opened the door and walked in seeing Edward " Angus is outside he saw Caprice and not the baby, she's currently taking him some where he asked I should let you know." she said looking to Simone " those cookies smell divine" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:10 am

"Thank you," Edward said. "She hasn't been communicating with me. so I have no idea what she's on about right now. Thanks for the heads up, though. "

"The cookies will be done in a moment. I know what he wanted with them, so when they cool, I'll finish the job for him," Simone smiled. "I'm starting to smell his chicken. He recently bought a new kind of smoked paprika that he's wanted to try, and I smell it. I think those chickens are going to smell like he cooked them outside over an open fire. They'll be completely divine. I'm glad you told us that Caprice took the boys outside. I would have thought, though, that if we had an intruder we'd have heard some sort of alarm. I know Kate told me that Jack tightened security, so I'd have thought that we'd have heard if someone was here who shouldn't be."

"Well, on an estate this large, though, anything can happen," Edward said. "Sometimes trouble comes without it being an intruder. It happens sometimes in Tuscany too. Let's not get overly excited until we know we need to."

Angus and Marcus hiked the better part of an hour, and then Angus saw Caprice suddenly off the ground, hovering over something. Angus started to rush forward, and at the last minute, Marcus yanked him back, hard, hard enough that they both ended on the ground.

"Sorry. Sharp drop off. There's our sinkhole, and it looks more like a damned crater to me," Marcus said. They both got to their feet and lit their wands and shined it down into the hole. It was so deep that at first, Angus couldn't see the bottom. And then Marcus heard crying, like a tiny voice. Caprice motioned to Angus and floated down into the hole.

"She wants me to climb down," Angus said.

"Then she should have told you to bring a bloody rope," Marcus scowled.

"I dont know if I'd have heard her. I'll have to freehand it," Angus said.

"Well, shit. That means we're freehanding it," Marcus sighed. The two of them started down, and the farther they went down, the more they heard the crying. It sounded like a small child. And then Angus saw it. It was Abbey.

"Abs!" Angus shouted. "I'm here. I'm coming, Abs! Hold on!" Angus hurried, taking somewhat risky choices to try to get to her sooner. But when he got there, he saw she was hurt. He believed she had a broken leg, most likely. She was dirty and bruised and hurt. "How did you get way out here?" Angus asked. "What happened?"

"I dreamed about her. She needed help..."

"Who?"

"The sparkle buggy," she pointed to the ground several feet from her.

"A sparkle bug?" Angus asked. Marcus slowly went over and looked at the tiny glowing light in a thick patch of weeds.

"Ah. Poor thing," Marcus said. "You know what you've got, Abbey. That's a fairy, and she's hurt. Maybe a broken wing." He looked up at Angus and shook his head. He wasn't expecting the tiny fairy to live.

"And the sparkle wormies. We have to help the wormies too," Abbey said.

"Those aren't worms, Abbey, Those are tiny baby fairy eggs. When they hatch, they'll weave themselves into cocoons like butterflies and when they break out of the cocoons, they'll be fairies like their mum."

"And what made you an authority on fairies?" Angus asked Marcus.

"Evelyn had to be an authority on something," Marcus shrugged. "She knew all sorts of things about some of the small magical creatures--including fairies."

"We gots to get them out," Abbey said. Angus was finding a straight stick. He used a spell to cut the stick in half and took off his jacket to take off his shirt. He cut one of the sleeves into ribbons and used the stick and the fabric scraps to tie the sticks onto either side of her leg as an inprovised splint. That made her really cry because it hurt, but once he got it into place, it was a little better. He cut off the other sleeve and used it to make a bit of a pouch to put the eggs into.

"You can't take the eggs to the main house. Bowtruckles think fairy eggs are a special delicacy," Marcus said. "Fudge and whats-her-name will eat them."

"Oh, fine. What's a few hundred more," Angus rolled his eyes.

"They only lay about fifty at a time," Marcus said.

"You're not being helpful," Angus said. "So my house is going from twelve to maybe 63? Fabulous," Angus said. He wiped away Abbey's tears and wrapped his jacket around her, and Marcus took off his jacket and gave it to Angus.

"I at least have a shirt," Marcus said. He enlarged the pocket on his shirt and stuffed some soft moss in the pocket for a cushion before he gently picked up the fairy and tucked the limp little creature in his pocket. "Abbey, can you hang onto the fairy eggs please? Be very gentle." She nodded. Angus picked her up.

"Lets apparate back," Marcus said. "I don't think we should try to freehand back up with her, not if we can apparate."

"Agreed," Angus said. Marcus took hold of Angus's arm, and he apparated them to the back yard. They walked into the kitchen.

"Oh my!" Kate said, seeing them with an injured Abbey. "We've been tearing the place apart looking for her. Let me find Robert. He's outside somewhere."

"I think she broke her leg," Angus said. Kate hit her medallion, knowing that would likely bring Robert and, probably, Jess too. Robert apparated there in a moment.

"Thank God," Robert said, deeply relieved. "I don't know how I'll ever thank you both. Kate, get me a clean nightgown for Abbey. Not pajamas. I'm taking her downstairs. Jess can help me if she's available, otherwise I can handle it." He took Abbey and now noticed all the small gauze patches all over Angus. "Looks like I need to see you when I'm done with her."

"Its nothing. Its been tended," Angus said. "Do you have any bug jars here?"

"Bug jars? Sure. Upstairs. Need a couple?"

"Yeah. I do," Angus said.

"Well, Kate, will you take care of whatever he's found after you bring me the nightgown?"

"Certainly," Kate replied. "Hold on, Boys, I'll be right with you." Robert headed downstairs with Abbey.

"We need to find Jack and tell him about that sinkhole and where it is. He'll need to get that cordoned off," Angus told Marcus.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:20 am

Aria nodded to Simone and chuckled at the mention of the chicken " yeah we got it" she said . Jack had read the report of the dink hole and decided to check it out for himself but as he drew closer he heard voices that sounded like Angus and Marcus but as he looked own they disappeared. " you three start fencing this off so nobody else falls in and mark it off limits." he said and aperated back to the main house. Walking in he saw Jess arrive as his medallion vibrated around his neck,

Jess felt her medallion vibrate and stood up grabbing the black medical bag she kept lose at hand she ported to the main house seeing Robert with Abby. Walking over she knelt down in front of Abby and smiled as she placed her hand gently over Abby's leg " I'm reducing pain , two breaks and a sprained ankle" she said to him then smiled at Abby " Robert will make is better in no time" she said placing her bag close to him.

" what happened, I heard you both in the sink hole" Jack asked Angus as he saw him place several cocoons into a jar " fairies?" he asked " ah Abby went to find the fairies." he said " don't worry about the hole I have several men fencing it off and placing no trespass signs on it, no one will fall in again." he told Angus.

Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:44 am

"Abbey said she saw a creature in trouble in a dream she had so she went to help," Angus said. "We found her part way down in that sinkhole. Jack, its a good thing she wasn't in the bottom. That thing is one of the deepest sinkholes I've ever seen. It has to be at least a hundred feet deep or more. If she'd fallen to the bottom it would have killed her."

"These are fairy eggs," Marcus said. "They'll hatch into little sparkling larvae, and then they'll weave themselves into cocoons in a few days after they hatch. Hopefully Kate knows what sort of branches they'll need to do that." Marcus held the little fairy in one hand and stuffed the soft moss into a separate jar. The fairy's light was fading, and she was completely limp now. "I don't know if she'll make it. She's not doing well at all."

"What does it eat?" Angus asked.

"Sweets of all sorts, honey, fruits and vegetables, ale and mead, herbed butters, dormice milk, all sorts of delicacies," Marcus said. "Maybe Kate will either know how to help her or know someone who can."

Kate came downstairs with a little pink nightgown for Abbey, and she took it downstairs just in time to hear Jess's diagnosis.

"Poor thing," Kate said. "Can I be of any use?"

"Yes. See what the boys are tucking into my bug jars and see if it needs anything," Robert said, touching Abbey's forehead to put her to sleep. "I'd prefer she not have to be awake to experience a bone setting at just three. And her cast will have to dry a bit anyway before I take her upstairs. YOu could sit with her when you're done with the boys, if you like. Jess is right. Two breaks and a sprained ankle. Suppose I should make her cast some of that new bright pink casting material I have?"

"I think she'd like that," Kate smiled.

"Jess, when we're done here, order a jogging stroller or a toddler wheelchair, would you?" Robert asked her.

"Not crutches?" Kate asked.

"No, she's too little for that," Robert said. "Kids under five or six shouldn't try to use crutches. We'll have to care for her."

"Then that's what we'll do," Kate said. "I'll go see the boys for now." She came back upstairs.

"What's in the jars, Boys?" Kate asked.

"A critically ill fairy, and a big batch of fairy eggs," Marcus said. "Do you know anyone who knows how to care for fairies?"

"Well, I do, but that will mean a trip to Scotland," Kate said, "unless we can reach him by floo."

"Him?"

"Hagrid. He lives not far from Hogsmeade, but he's mainly retired now. he does still lecture at the school from time to time. He bought some ground, and he has a little farm these days. Unless you'd rather go visit him."

"I'd love to visit him," Angus grinned. "Wonder if the girls remember him."

"Now who could forget Hagrid?" Kate laughed.

"Absolutely," Kate said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:54 am

Jack nodded when Angus spoke about the sink hole " yeah its why I am having my men fence it off and put up signs" he said " I'm glad she is back here." he looked at the jar as both Marcus and Angus explained about the fairy " yeah she'd know" he said watching as Marcus lay the fairy now dull into the jar on the soft moss inside.

Jess looked at Robert as she saw Abby slip into a deep sleep " agreed " she said still reducing the pain even with Abby sleeping " I'm ready when you are, I'll maintain her vitals and keep her asleep until your done" she said then smiled as he mentioned a pink cast. When he mentioned a child's wheel chair Jess nodded then spoke " I believe we have one at St Mungo's that's not being used right now, I'll send word and have it sent right over" she said moving up to Abby's head to hold it so she could monitor her while Robert set the leg. " She's so not going to like being immobile" she said with a chuckle.

Jack saw Kate and heard her say she did know some one and it was Hagrid " oh he's perfect, taught me a lot while I was there." he said " I can come if you want ne of you here?" he said watching the small fairies light slightly dim " what ever you do best do it quick she's looking really dull now" he added and looked at them both.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:05 am

"Thank my gran. She took us right to Abbey," Angus said. "Can you see if he's available?"

"Certainly," Kate said. "Give me a moment to try to reach him on the floo." She disappeared and came back a couple moments later with a pouch and a carpetbag. "He'd be delighted to try to help. He's going to try to find his tweezers just in case he needs them. I'm sending you with a few things in case you need it." In the pouch she had some tweezers, some sterile bandages, a porcelain tea set from Abbey's dollhouse that she had washed and cleaned, some very soft cotton balls, some small clean cotton fabric, and a few other things. "You'll have to help him. Your fingers are a lot smaller than his. He'll tell you what to do, but you'll have to do it. They don't speak, so you can't expect her to. They can buzz if they're trying to communicate but it isn't a language that we understand. Gestures will serve you well if she's awake enough. Treat her very, very gently. Keep her warm. The bug jar will be a good home temporarily. And your choices of the moss was excellent. You may have to bring her back home with you. If you do, let me know. Maybe Abbey and I can look after her, if we can keep Fudge away from her. Oh, and here. Here's my portkey to Hagrid's farm. Just bring it back." She put the pouch and the bug jars in the carpetbag and closed it securely, handing it and the portkey to Angus.

"Thank you," Angus said. "Send word to Aria and Ruby, would you?"

"Of course," Kate said.

"Come along if you like, Jack," Marcus said. "I think we're ready. Let's go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top