A Birth day - Page 25
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 25 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 25 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:11 pm

"Thanks again, Jess," Angus said, watching her leave. He listened to Ruby talk about how the casket creeped her out. "Yeah, I didn't do handsprings over it either, Ru," Angus said. "But I couldn't let her keep it. She meant to put me back in it for good. I knew it was dark--really dark. You have no idea how many times I've dreamed about that damned thing, but it started to get a bit less after we brought it home because i knew she wasn't going to have an easy time if she thought she was going to bury me again in it."

"I'm hoping that nonsense lets up for you now that it's gone," Marcus said. "We've all had our nightmares about digging you out, believe me."

"I'm sorry about that. If I could have somehow not let them overpower me that nght..."

"Stop. That could happen to any of us. You did the right thing by getting control of it, and I believe that we did the right thing by getting rid of it. Now we move forward from here. Our task is the same--stop Suzanne and anyone working for her. And continue to stop Tom from his idea of a business enterprise. We're in it together, like we all have always been."

"I suppose you're right," Angus said, sipping on his tea.

"I was actually impressed at how well you swung that axe. You're going to be back on your feet any day now."

"I needed to do that for not only myself but so that no one else had to think about that thing again," Angus said.

"And I'm sure the memory of it will fade for us, and for you too--in time," Marcus said, basically trhing to quietly tell him that he knew Angus might continue to have to deal with the memories maybe a bit longer but it would fade too eventually.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:17 pm

Aria looked up and nodded to Marcus as he said nobody was doing handsprings over the coffin ether. She said and listened to Marcus reassure Angus that all would settle again now it was gone into dust " well when you dream now think of that beautiful bonfire that it made ." she said and chuckled as Ruby walked over with a plate of rolls for them.

"I sent out two plates one for Edward and one for the main house" she said placing them down as Aria took one and smiled as she ate it ." be careful there still warm" she said seeing some of the filling run down Aria's cheek and handing her a napkin to wipe it clean. " Marcus is right we'll make new happier memories, you me, Marcus Aria and the kids" she said smiling to him " but right now at this moment Marcus is right, rest so you can get up on your feet and be able to play with the babies." she said and chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:32 pm

"Now, that I can do," Angus smiled. "I hadn't actually considered that, but it was nice to see that there was nothing left, not even ashes"

"Thank you for sending some over to Edward's side. They will love that when they get home," Angus said. "You know, if the kids want to be so adult, maybe we need to divide the cooking duties and let the kids all take a turn at the cooking."

"That could be bad," Marcus frowned. "They can burn water."

"Pretty much, but I bet they'd learn," Angus said. "If they're smart, they'll ask one of us to help them, but I think they need to figure that out. Ginger is a fair cook, but the rest of them don't have a clue. If we do that, though, we'd best give Marcus breakfast duty only since he does eggs and that's about it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:38 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded " hey got to look after the father-in-law" she said and chuckled . When Angus suggested giving the kids cooking duties she smiled " that might actually be good for them" she said then chuckled " wow, four kids two of is who gets Sundays?" she asked and Aria laughed

"that's the day of rest" she said " Zoe could send something over or you make it a family meal day where you all make something" she added and looked to Marcus " or we can do it " she said marking off a word in her wordsearch. " but sort that later right now let focus on Angus getting back on his feet" she stood up and placed another log on the fire.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:25 am

"We might want to let the girls take Friday and Saturday or something so they dont' have to try to shove homework and cooking into the same evening. They haven't had a real schooling experience until this year, so I want to be fair about it," Angus said. "If the kids each do a night, that leaves three nights a week. I'm sure we can decide that as we go. Besides, I do know Simone loves to cook too. Let's discuss the other three nights when Edward and Simone are here."

As he was speaking the fire flared up in the fireplace with a green glow. The floo. Someone wanted to call through. Angus got to his feet and went to the floo. Marcus pulled the desk chair over and motioned for Angus to sit. Angus sat and opened the floo. To Angus's surprise, it was the attorney.

"Angus, your attorney in Paris just contacted me. Tom's been in touch with him. The good news is that they're following proper channels. Tom is asking for visitation with Diamond. He says he just wants to see her. Are you open to considering it? It would look better for you and your case if it looked like you were doing absolutely everything you could that even looked like it would be in Diamond's best interest."

"How is it in her best interest to see the parents that neglect the hell out of her?" Angus frowned.

"He's still her dad, Angus,"

"I really don't care," Angus said icily.

"Angus, you dont' have to leave her alone with him. We can agree to a supervised visitation where we are there and so are aurors." Angus sighed. He looked at Ruby. He paused a moment, thinking. "He does not get to see her until I'm right there. And Suzanne doesn't get to see her at all."

"She's her mother, Angus!"

"And she's actively trying to kill me! If I agree for her to be there, she does not get to hold her. Absolutely not. And I am not going to leave Diamond. She stays close enough to me at all times that I can take her from them if they get squirrely. I'm her legal caretaker. You cannot make me leave her. They either do this my way or not at all. You got that?" Angus was shouting into the floo, furious. "And I will bring anyone I want with me. We will meet where I say, when I say and for how long. I don't have to agree to crap, and you know it. So it's either my way or not at all."

"You're being a dick."

"You havent' seen anything yet. If you want to see me really be a dick, then buckle up, buddy, because I haven't even started yet."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:33 am

Ruby chuckled and nodded to Angus she agreed to his suggestion she was about to say something when the flood burned green and a voice came from inside it as Angus moved position so he could talk to whom ever it was. She moved to his side once she heard it was about Dimond. Her arms folded across her chest as she let Angus talk to the lawyer. " I agree with Angus, I was her child and know what she went threw, I'll say again that I agree to Angus demands." she said letting him finish talking to the lawyer. " wish I could turn him into a bug" she said looking at Angus. " he's so annoying bet he was raised with a silver spoon shoved up his.." she herd Aria cough and stopped herself. Ruby looked at Angus as she spoke again " once your on your feet properly were getting anew lawyer." she said.

Aria placed down her book once she heard the lawyer talking about visitations for Dimond. " we could charm the room so there would be no porting out, that would make sure they can't disappear with her when we're not looking, I'm sure Robert knows how to do that , if not I can ask around " she said softly as she heard Angus become more angry with the man on the other end of the floo.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:48 am

"These are her parents, and you can't just..."

"The hell I can't," Angus said. "You know how many children they've hurt over the last 40 years? No. You heard me perfectly well. They do this my way, or if she decides she wants contact with them when she turns 18, she can make that choice. Until then or until the Wizengamot decides differently, it's my way or not at all. This discussion is now closed until they decide how bad they really do want to see her. Oh, and by the way, if they bring Priscilla or Dominic with them, I will leave immediately and there will be no visit at all..."

"Angus, you can't..." the lawyer was getting angry. Angus closed the floo while the lawyer was still talking, basically hanging up on him.

"Good for you," Marcus told him. "I give him fifteen minutes tops and he'll be calling back. Stand your ground, Mate. By the way, I can do that security spell in my sleep, Aria. If Angus wants the room locked down, it'll be locked down because I'll see to it."

"He's a decent enough lawyer," Angus said. "I see his point. He wants us to look like we're decent, sympathetic people who are family oriented. I get it. But I really don't care what I look like. I care if Diamond is safe. I'll talk to Robert and see what we can give them as proof of Tom and Suzanne's crimes, along with the medical reports on Diamond that they already have. I have to try to not stick Robert in the middle because of his position in the ministry, but he's also the leader of our organization, so to a certain extent, he's already in the middle. I'll talk to him, and then we can make a decision but not before. If we can't promise that Diamond goes into that room with us and leaves with us, then any thoughts of a visitation need to be completely off. Or at least that's my opinion. I think we are all on the same page here that if Diamond goes back to them, she doesnt stand a chance. I didnt want to get involved with this, but I really think this is where we have to take a stand if we want that child to live. Anyone see it differently?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:55 am

Ruby stood with Angus as Aria heard Marcus say he could do the charm easily " good to know" she said Ruby nodded to Marcus then listened to Angus as he spoke of the lawyer.

"hum, still think we should replace him once this is all over with but I understand your thinking" she said. She heard him talk again and shook her head " I think we're all on that page and you'll get no arguments from me." she said and saw Aria nod her head before heading up to bring caprice and Dimond who were now awake down from the bedroom changed and ready for some food.

" I'm in total agreement too" Aria said placing Caprice and Dimond in the playpen so they could play while she made some soft food for them. Ruby took out some baby foods and warmed them placing them into two bowls along with two small spoons. Placing one in front of each baby she watched as Caprice took hold of the spoon and slowly aimed for her mouth smiling once she managed to get it in with the food on, thought Dimond Had Aria helping her she almost got it but hit her cheek making Ruby smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:13 am

"I'll give him a bit more rope, but if he buggars it up, I'll hang him with it," Angus said. He flicked the floo back open.

"Robert? You still awake?"

"Of course," Robert's voice came through a moment later. "What did you think I would be doing in the of the morning if I was home? Surely you didn't think I'd be napping. I'm stuffing my face with this cinnamon roll, which is wonderful, by the way. Thank you for that. Why aren't you napping, though? What's up?"

"That asshole wants visitation with Diamond. Just so you know, if I end up in jail, I'm not taking Diamond anywhere at any time to meet with anybody unless I have a 200% guarantee that she goes in with me and leaves with me. No exceptions," Angus said.

"Well, okay. So, first things first, do try to lower your blood pressure about 500 points, would you, Lad? You're starting endwise. Take a breath, rewind this to the beginning and tell me what happened," Robert said.

"Angus's attorney says Tom and Suzanne want visitation with Diamond," Marcus said.

"Oh, of course they do," Robert sighed. "That doesn't entirely surprise me. Look, we have some options. I think, we can make it so full of security that Suzanne and Tom won't even be able to fart without hitting a guard. I understand your anxiety, but you hold the cards here. I think we can use this to our advantage. We can say that because of the very direct threats to your life, there will be as many bodyguards there as we deem necessary. We can determine who we want there and who we don't. We probably could demand that they show us proof that Priscilla and Dominic are back in New Orleans on the day of the visit too. I think you should give this some thought because, if we do it right, we might be able to give you a bit of a breather from all this noise from Suzanne. My best advice? Stall for time. Stall so we can think this through. How about I come over later either late this afternoon or after supper and we can discuss our thoughts. We don't have to make a plan, but we sure can discuss options."

Angus looked at Marcus and Aria and Rub, and Marcus nodded, liking the idea of just discussing ideas and options.

"Fair enough," Angus said. "We'll be here."

"Don't stress. She's right there with you, and she's as safe as she can be. We'll work it out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:23 am

Ruby looked towards Angus as he opened the floo again but could not help chuckle at his words about Angus calming down. Listening to them talking she nodded her agreement and smiled " your welcome and Dimond's eating breakfast right now, well trying as she currently wearing some of it. " she said glancing at Dimond who was party covered with food.

Ari and Ruby looked at Angus when he spoke to them when he mentioned talking about options and they both nodded as Caprice ate more of her food then picked up a Sippy cup close by to take a drink. Ruby laced her hand on Angus hand " she certainly is here and safe and enjoying her food." she said moving so Angus could see her from the chair.

Aria chuckled as she offered Dimond a drink too but she just wanted the food and mixed it with her fingers. " once she's eaten I'll wash her then I have to go on my run on the assault course." she said " shouldn't be long" she mentioned and looked to Marcus " I think their getting on with the rest of cottage today" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 62 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top