A Birth day - Page 26
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 26 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 26 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 26 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:31 am

"Well, that's good, Ruby," Robert said. "That shows she's developing some ability to understand what she wants and to try to get it. She's not just giving up like she had when we first got her. I'm glad." At that moment, Caprice decided she wanted what Diamond had, and they started to squabble about it, both babies screeching at each other. "Ah. Is that sibling rivalry I hear?"

"It certainly is," Marcus laughed.

"Good for her! She's willing to try to stand her ground. That's a huge improvement. Well done, you lot. That's wonderful. Not only is it important for the court to know what shape she was in when we got her, but we also need to be able to document and show them that, with normal care and parenting, she can gain ground. That demonstrates that there is nothing wrong with that baby. And that, then, leaves only one logical conclusion--that there was something dramatically wrong with the care she was getting. Good job. Keep up the good work. You're proving the case for her just by taking care of her. Well done. Okay, I'll see you all later. If Angus stresses himself into a meltdown before then, give me a shout." Robert turned off the floo.

"I would hope they're getting on with it since they just brought it this morning," Marcus laughed, helping Angus back to his chair. "Been a long morning for you already, Aria?" He picked up Angus's tea mug to go put more tea in it for him. "Why don't you go with her, Ruby? When's the last time you got to go for a run? Might do Aria good to have a buddy with her."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:54 am

Ruby looked at Dimond and Caprice both squabbling over the Sippy cup and chuckled smiling as Robert said it was good and showed her significant development since arriving. " oh that certainly is the sound of sibling rivalry" she said and laughed as Dimond flung some food at Caprice who just licked it off and ate it giggling to herself as Ruby wiped Caprices cheek clean.

Hearing Marcus suggestion she looked at him " you be okay looking after the babies?" she asked then caught herself " of course you will be you've done it a dozen times already" she said and chuckled then looked towards Aria who smiled and nodded.

"it'll be great, come on" she said and Ruby nodded she would " nice, I got a running partner." she said letting Dimond finish her food and then placed her into the play pen as Ruby finished cleaning up Caprice and placed her too in the pen so they could play each giggling as they did so. " okay I'll go change, no raised blood pressure while I'm gone , please" she said smiling to Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:19 am

"I'll take care of any meltdowns he has while you're gone. Go have a good time," Marcus laughed. After they left, the house got as quiet as it was going to get with two babies in the same playpen.

"I should cook something for lunch for when they get back," Angus sighed. "It's been a long morning, and they'll be hungry when they get back."

"Give it a rest. I'll order out so its here when they get back," Marcus said. He contacted Sparks, and they sent four bowls of a beautiful vegetable curry with naan bread, and some slices of a clementine cake. It would be delicious and light. Marcus set a warming spell on the curry to keep it hot until Aria and Ruby got back. The babies began smacking each other with stuffed toys, squealing at each other. "You want me to break it up?"

"Not unless one of them starts to get irked," Angus said. "They need to find out where their own limits are."

"Well, that's probably true," Marcus said. When the babies got bored with smacking each other and started getting testy, Angus tried his hand at duplicating some of the magical, sparkling animals that floated around the ceiling at Sparks when kids were there, the same spells that Robert had used in Sparks from the very beginning and had give Sparks its name. The babies immediately were captivated by the animals and they were staring at the ceiling, coo'ing at the glittering shapes they were seeing. "Oh, well done, Angus," Marcus smiled. "That might keep them happy all afternoon if you can keep that up."

"They'll go indefinitely unless I stop them," Angus said. "I watched how Robert did the spell, and I learned to do it for Abbey when she was at about the same age and had the attention span of a gnat. Those animals kept her happy for hours so I could cook supper."

"Well, they seem to work here too. Try to rest a little while the girls are gone."

"Maybe you're right," Angus said. He closed his eyes and slipped into a light sleep. Marcus set out plates and silverware for lunch and then sat down with the papers to read while the girls were out running. Now, with the babies fascinated with the animals on the ceiling the house was almost entirely silent.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:28 am

Aria and ruby transfigured their clothing into jogging pants and tops and headed to the assault course where they saw Jack and Jessie running it too. Catching up to Jessie and Jack they ran the assault course together only Aria fell into the mud but she got back up and continued till they got to the end. " good run guys" Jack said and patted Aria on her back " next time watch the way the road turns and the wood was wet" he said and chuckled as he and Jessie walked back to the main house . Ruby looked at Aria and chuckled .

"don't worry I fell the first time I ran it, its just bad luck" she said an they walked back to the Duplex. Entering Ruby smiled " wow " she said and looked to Marcus " sparks?" she asked smiling " good call" she said and headed to where two plates sat warming. Aria went and showered while Ruby took her plate to the table spotting the dancing sparkly animals she chuckled " nice , Angus , they love that" she saw Dimond reach up to try and touch a bunny that flew around low but just out of her reach.

Aria retuned now clean and changed " I fell on the second to last rope thing" she said and picked up her food and sat with Ruby.at the table.

"she was doing so well till then but in her defence the wood was wet and the ground uneven." she smirked and looked to Marcus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:46 am

"That was Angus's doing," Marcus said. "They got bored with smacking each other, so he did that to keep them happy. He even got a short snooze in while you were gone. So you were on the obstacle course, then, and not the running track. That can be a little challenging, but you'll get it."

"The obstacle course in Colorado is twice as long as this one, and the running track is about three times as long as the one here. However, that being said, our running track here is about four times as long as the one in the gym at St. Mungos. You have to make about for laps around that to amount just a wee bit over one trip around our running track," Angus said.

"It is a really nice track to run, though, if we have heavy rains and can't get out here. I've gone in and run it quite often when its lousy weather outside," Marcus said. "They also have one hell of a challenging climbing wall in their fitness center. It can be set for beginners, but if you want a real climbing challenge without risking your life in the process, that's the wall to climb."

"That would be because if you fall while freehanding a cliff face, you won't have those beautiful deep cushy mats to fall on like St. Mungos has," Angus said.

"That reminds me. Evan was asking me about a climbing training," Marcus said.

"That would be because Evan doesn't climb. Not yet anyway," Angus said. "He wants to learn because he knows I climb. I don't want him to learn to climb just because I can. I want him to do it if he honestly wants to do it."

"Well, he isn't going to know if you don't let him try," Marcus said. "Maybe I'll invite him to go with me, and I'll start him at square one with it."

"I can do that..." Angus said.

"With your shoulder? You could teach him how to fall, but I doubt you could teach him to climb. Not yet anyway. Speaking of outdoor events, how'd you two do with Kate and the box of seeds you were going to talk to her about?" Marcus asked Aria and Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:04 am

Aria heard Angus and nodded "They look beautiful Angus, and yeah, we're doing the track tomorrow I wanted to run the course first " she said " your right it is a good course and the view is fantastic." she said then heard them mention climbing " well I could go with you , I'm not bad at climbing" she said Ruby chuckled and nodded.

Ruby heard Marcus ask about the4 box of seeds and she smiled " there all potted waiting to now to sprout, Kate let us use her studio upper floor since it has a lot of light coming in, we have to tend them and remove weeds while they grown but I think they will good by the time I hope spring arrives." she told him " we've both decided what flowers to put where , Aria also asked for some sunflowers in her garden for the wildlife."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:19 am

"Michael is always up for a good climb," Marcus said. That made Angus laugh. "What?" Marcus asked, laughing.

"You remember when Michael came to Colorado to teach that year's new recruits how to climb?? Angus asked, laughing.

"Oh my God, I'd forgotten about that," Marcus laughed. The two of them laughed for at least three minutes like little idiots and then Marcus regained himself. "It was hysterical. These new recruits were young, and there were two little brats in the bunch, and when Michael showed up to teach them to climb, they didn't think Michael was serious and then really began trying to bully him. These two had had one or two climbing lessons but that's all. And they started challenging the others in the group of trainees as to who could climb to the top of the wall the fastest. And then, they included Michael who upped the ante just to teach them a lesson. They believed Michael was too old to be able to get off the ground. So, Michael let everyone else go first, and he went last. And when he climbed up, of course, he beat everyone's time, and he won all the money. It shut them up."

"And, although they tried to pressure him into giving the money back, he felt no compulsion to do that. So, as I recall, he kept it and bought some sort of rare first edition book for his library with his winnings," Angus said. "So far as I was concerned, I felt like he had earned every damned penny just by being bullied..."

At that moment, Diamond began to cry in some sort of distress. Marcus picked her up, but even with his experience, she wasn't quieting.

"Hand her here a moment," Angus said. He laid the baby on the sofa and began exercising her leg, which she was not happy with, but in a couple minutes, she began to quiet. Marcus began to smell what smelled like a stinky diaper.

"Does she need a diaper change?"

"Not yet. She was just really gassy. Something she ate for lunch just did not agree with her today for some reason. We'll need to be a little watchful in case there is something that her under-developed system just isn't so ready for. Maybe we should write down what she eats so we can try to track whatever it is that causes her stomach to be a tad upset. Did you give her anything new for lunch, Ru?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:25 am

Aria listened to Marcus and Angus both smiled and then chuckled as they heard the story about Michael " as far as I am concerned he earned that out right" Aria said smiling at them both when she heard Dimond she looked over at her then to Ruby.

Ruby heard Angus and shook her head " no, its the same as we have given her before" she said and fetched the jar for him to see. " shouldn't Caprice be the same if its something we fed her , or is her stomach still sensitive?" she asked then she realised something " wait she had a drink from Caprices Sippy cup" she said and handed it to Angus.

" I'm sure she's still adjusting" Aria said and moved to pick her up from the couch hearing a belch over her shoulder then something warm run down she looked to Marcus " hold that thought, I have to change" she said and turned so they could see what had happened.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:02 pm

"She's still developmentally behind Caprice," Angus said. "It could be that it's going to cause her trouble yet or maybe she ate too fast. Or maybe she's catching a little bit of a bug or something. It's hard to say."

"You're not the only one who is going to need a change," Marcus said, taking her from Aria and taking her upstairs to bathe and change her. "She exploded at both end."

"And on the sofa and the floor too, but she's quit fussing," Angus said.

"I noticed. I'll get the sofa and the floor when I come back. They're going to need steam cleaned," Marcus called back. Marcus bathed her and brought her back down in a soft light pink onesie with feet. He had a soft lightweight blanket that he'd tossed over her. He brought her to Angus. "Do you mind? I actually think she might be a little warm."

"Give her to me," Angus said, taking off his sling first. He took Diamond and laid her on his bad shoulder so he had his good one to hold her with. She laid her head on Angus's shoulder and just laid silently on him. Angus felt her head and her cheeks, and he was thinking that perhaps Marcus was right. "You could be right," Angus told him. "I'll just keep an eye on her for a little and see if maybe she was just a little upset."

He glanced down into the playpen and saw Caprice was just chucking toy after toy after toy out of the playpen.

"What are you doing?" Angus frowned. The next toy she hurled, she chucked it at him. "No, Ma'am. We don't do that." Angus elevated all the toys up and out of her reach. Then she really got mad and started to scream and tantrum at the top of her lungs. "God, she is so spoiled," Angus sighed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:21 pm

Aria let Marcus take Dimond and headed up to clean up herself as Ruby brought out the steam cleaner for when Marcus returned remembering her other batch of rolls she headed to the oven and removed them so they would cool and she could place icing on top of them. Looking up she chuckled as she watched Caprice throw her toys out the crib.

"she's not done that in ages, why she doing it now" she asked while she plated the last batch of cinnamon rolls on a large plate. Once done she walked over and stood with her arms crossed " well young lady that will teach you to not throw them out." she said leaving them floating just out of he reach. " well she's learning boundary's, just as the older ones are." she said siting on a chair next to Angus .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 100 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 63 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top