A Birth day - Page 29
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 29 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 29 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:57 am

"Look, there isn't anything really to discuss. Robert tried to talk to Aria and Ruby, and neither of them see there's even a problem, so I have decided I'm not bringing it up to them. The bottom line is that neither one trusted me. Diamond isn't feeling well. That happens with babies sometimes over nothing. You know that from raising your own. And not every little thing needs a freaking healer to take care of. Robert taught me, from the first day we brought Abbey home, what to look for if Abbey was getting sick. He taught me himself what to do to take care of a baby that was sick or had a fever and taught me when to call him. That was exactly what I was following when Diamond started not feeling well. I know that no parent needs to rush their kid immediately to an A&E for spitting up or filling a diaper. And, just because we have healers here on the grounds does not mean we should take advantage of their off time with bugging them for attention that they wouldn't be giving to any other person. But, was that good enough for either of those two? Of course not. 'You need to call Robert...' 'We need to take her to Robert,' blah blah. I kept telling them I would call Robert when Diamond needed him. She didn't freaking need him yet. I finally did it, not because Diamond needed him but because Aria and Ruby neither one trusted my judgment about how to take care of a baby. I'm done. Done, done, done. I told Robert I wanted Andrew at the house tomorrow, but if he isn't going to do that, you can be damned certain, I'm hiring an effing nanny. And I'm going to go back to working here in my office, or in Paris or fighting or whatever the job requires. If they can do such a damned better job, then they better figure it out because I'm not doing it. I'm done."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:11 am

Jack listened and let Angus let go of his anger as he spoke to him " hum, feel better?" he asked " and a nanny really, no way you'd do that , you'd be no better than the geldings" he said with a chuckle " I remember Jess being the same with our first, then by the fourth she was all lets see how it goes, I get where your coming from I do, frustrated the hell out of me that she would hover, but its their instinct" he added as he turned his page on his news paper " so, should I ready the spare room for a few days?" he asked " oh and have you spoke to the boys and girls as well as Angus, he's not going to like being replaced with a lesser bodyguard.. " he spoke softly as if not angry but amused by how Angus was reacting. Jack folded the paper and set it next to him.

Leaning forward on his knees he looked at Angus and chuckled " you did everything right that you had been taught, did you tell them you knew what you were doing? and that you'd done it with Abby?" he asked " if you did then well that's women for ya" he said as he accioed two glasses of fire whisky " here , one won't harm you even with the potion in your system." he told him as he fired up the fire in the room then sat back down. " your here now so relax and give them time to coo over the babies and do what they do, when YOU are ready I'll take you to what ever room you want." he chuckled " but do you at least feel like you took that bolder off your shoulder?" he asked making the ice clink in his glass as he held it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:20 am

"I tried to tell them, but I honestly don't think they paid one moment of attention," Angus said. "They had their nerve, telling Robert they were both actually really relaxed. Relaxed, my ass. I don't need the guest room. I have the kiva fireplace that's actually really nice when its lit. I have a very comfortable sofa. Marcus knew I was pissed. I haven't talked to the kids because the boys were working, and the girls were at Evan's. They're probably home now, though. Thanks." He picked up the firewhiskey and took a drink.

"Oh, and apparently now I'm a medium too, did you hear? Thanks a lot, Priscilla. Just what I never wanted. It's one thing to talk to my grandmother, but I really don't want to have conversations with every dead person who wants to have a word. I was perfectly happy not having that little gem." He sighed. "Yeah. I do feel a bit better. Thanks. Why in the world did I ever think I needed women and kids? What was I thinking?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:34 am

Jack listened and chuckled at Angus as he spoke " well for one there fun in bed and really you a seer, big wow " he said and chuckled again " I don't think that's how it works mate" he said " I'm married to a seer and she doesn't see them every where its not like that movie, 'I see dead people' or your mind becoming Dead Central. " he made his voice high pitched and squeaky to add to the funny side of it. " look if your worried talk to Kate or Jess or even hell Khaat, they all will guide you, as for me I'm just a big hairy dog that loved to beat up bad guys" he said and chuckled at the thought as he took a sip of his drink.

"As for Ruby and Aria they'll settle down and listen to you again, tell you what I'll talk to Jess for you and get her to get them to back off a little, how about that, she can tell them what they can and can't do as new a mother and well step mother." He suggested as he took another sip of his drink and chuckled " Hey, its what good mates do for each other and I'll bring in a pillow and blanket for ya." Finishing his drink he set the glass down. Writing a note he sent it out to Jess.

A few moments later she knocked on the door and smiled " so this is where you guys disappeared to" she said as she chuckled and walked in " I got your note Jack , sure I'll talk to Ruby and Aria , she always has been a bit smothering our Ruby, as for Aria I think she's picking it up from Ruby and needs to focus on something other than Dimond." she said and Jack nodded.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:46 am

"God, I hope you're right, Jack. I like talking with my gran. I've missed her like crazy. You'd like her. She evidently didn't take shit from anybody. And she showed me a new defensive move that made me even faster than before and made me a lot less of a target. I think she must have been a wicked fighter in her time. I hope Jess or Kate or somebody knows how to hang out a psychic 'Gone Fishing' sign or something. I would appreciate a pillow and a blanket--whenever."

"Hi, Jess," Angus said when she came in. "Ruby is smothering for two reasons. First, she believes it is a woman's place to take care of the kids. And that's just bullshit. And second, she's anxious most of the time. She's never quite let go of it. Aria has been pretty good about not helping her to let go of her anxiety, but now she's joining in. Ruby does not need any help to be more anxious. Part of my point is that at some point a parent has to use some damned common sense. And I appreciate that we have some of the best healers anywhere right here. However, you are all entitled to off time, so when we do need you, we all really do need to respect your personal time and not bug you over nothing. We need to ask for help when we really need it and not for every farking little thing. Your off time should really be off time. Make sense?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 4:12 am

Jess chuckled and nodded to him " I understand" she said walking over to Angus she placed her hand on his head feeling around she found a door in his mind that was partly still open , gently, she closed it, then removed her hand. " okay I closed it off for tonight so you should get some rest, Kate and I can teach you how to close that door on your own and open it to whom ever you want to let threw.." she heard him mention Ruby and Aria and sighed " I can take care of one of those issues for you, but the other she has to fix herself." she added with a smile" oh and I'm doing this because she need to chill, its not good for you, the babies or any one around her, besides I don't want you two falling out over this, your good together, when she's not over anxious " Jack looked at Angus and smiled as Jess accioed two blankets and a pillow. " he'll need these soon" she said and turned to head to the duplex.

Jack chuckled as he placed the blankets and pillow on the couch next to him " told you, she'll talk to her and by morning Ruby will be regretting not having you around. " he said and smiled to Angus " and I do hope Marcus talks to Aria and straightens out her thoughts too" he added .

Jess walked over to the duplex and knocked hearing Ruby say she could enter she walked in smiling to Marcus " Marcus, Angus is in his office in the main house" she raised her hand to him" he's safe and Jacks with him so you can relax tonight, I need you to take Aria and take a walk for a breath of fresh air, something away from the babies for a moment or two, would you mind?" she asked then looked to Ruby as she spoke again. softly " Ruby, we need to talk." she said letting Aria leave with Marcus.

Walking over to Ruby she sat her down " your hovering." she said simply, " your getting anxious and emotional over nothing in regards Angus, he feels you worried so much you forgot he has looked after a baby before" she explained Ruby went to talk but Jess stopped her " he is staying in his office tonight because he feels you didn't trust his judgement in Dimond's health, he raised Abby from a baby, if he says she will be okay , she will, trust goes both ways" she added as Ruby looked at her then sighed.

"your right, I heard him say he had looked after a baby before but something made me want to know" she said and Jess nodded to her " let Angus know that I'm sorry about all this and I'll see him in the morning." she added as Jess placed her hand on Ruby and lessened her anxiety again.

" I'll send over a potion to help you relax tonight, but focus on those plants you potted and where your going to put them, Angus is a super father and a caring one, you don't want this stupid thing to end everything ." Jess said and moved to the door. " okay now I have to find Marcus and Aria." she said with a chuckle.

Finding them by the pond she stood in front of them with a smile " okay Aria your too hyper focused on Ruby and the babies, Marcus, I know she goes for a run but please take her for a walk in the evening to clear out these hyper vibes, you girl need to slow down and remember those babies are Ruby and Angus, not yours and Marcus, gods he had enough on his plate in regards kids" she looked to Marcus and smiled to him " she'll be good once those vibes clear, she's an out door girl." Jess said with a chuckle " now I'm heading back inside, the cottage is coming along great, and will also help" she said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 pm

"Thanks, Jess," Angus said. "I really did not want random dead people in my head nonstop. I doubt Ruby and I would have had a long standing falling out, but, frankly, sometimes her excessive anxiety drives me bananas. Sometimes I just need a time out from it. If there was a upside to the problem with the meat supplier, it was that it gave me a reason to come over here for awhile. Jack, I expect the new shipment to be here early in the morning. Do take a generous supply to the pack, would you? I would expect that they're soon going to need some random things, like soap, maybe replacement clothing, medical supplies, that sort of thing. If you bring me a list, I'll get it ordered straight away for them. I'm working on a list of that stuff for us anyway, so I can add their things onto our order. Thanks for the pillow and the blanket. I think I could use a quiet night for a change."

After Jess left, Kate came in with a plate of Michael's fish and chips and a can of beer. She set it on the coffee table that was in front of the sofa in Angus's office.

"Come tuck into some supper," she told him, "while its hot and crispy. You know Michael makes great fish and chips. The work can wait til morning. Jack, you should go get a plate for yourself. I left Robert unsupervised at the sideboard where he was piling up his plate with fish and chips. If you want to get any fish for yourself, you should go soon before he gets it all."

"Its the only food that makes him abandon his habit of keeping himself to reasonable portions at mealtime," Angus said.

"You are absolutely right," Kate said. "That's why I try to pack his lunch for him when he goes to work, and he thinks I don't know that about twice a month, he simply throws the brown bag lunch away and orders fish and chips from the Leaky. I'm onto him because he charges them on his account at the Leaky, and I see the bills when they come in."

"Thanks for letting me stay tonight, Kate," Angus said.

"Letting you stay? This is your home," she said. "You can stay anywhere you like on this estate or at the farm. You didn't ask for my two cents, but I'm going to give it to you anyway. To my knowledge, this is the first that Caprice or Diamond either one have been under the weather, and Ruby does tend to get overly anxious."

"She didn't do that until she went on that first mission," Angus sighed. "I'm responsible for that."

"No. You're not. She's been to Jeffrey twice now, so when she picks that anxiety stuff back up again, she's doing that herself. That's on her, not on you. If she wants to be less anxious, she needs to go back to continuing to use the skills he taught her. It's up to her to remind herself about how he taught her to deal with that. Robert told me you did everything just as he taught you, so it wasn't you. But, maybe I can help a little. About five or six years ago, St. Mungos published a guide for new parents with all sorts of information, including how to judge when to call a healer and when to handle things at home, and information on exactly how to handle things at home--the same things Robert taught you. How about I get you a couple copies and you can give one to her and maybe put one on your bookshelf or something?"

"Good idea. I'd appreciate that," he said.

"Okay, I'm going to let you eat. I'll be back in a bit to pick up your plate. Do get some sleep tonight while the house is quiet," she said, leaving.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:11 pm

Jack watched and smelt as Kate walked in with fish and chips on a plate and a beer he chuckled and just sat listening to her talking to Angus. He nodded as she said the anxiety was on Ruby to deal with . When Kate mentioned he could grab some fish and chips he stood up " best get some before they all go" he said and hurried out the door down to the dinning table where he saw Robert taking some food " Kate said we were having fish and chips by Michael" he said and chuckled as he placed a fish in batter and chips on his plate. Grabbing a drink he headed back up to where Angus was " hey these chips are great" he said and sat down.

I heard Kate say she was going to give Ruby some info on what to do when a child is not well?" he asked as he dipped his chip in tomatoe sauce and ate it " she is right, the place is super quiet tonight , you'll sleep really good" he added " I'll make two boxes one for food supplies and the other for non food supplies." he said to Angus " and don't worry I'll deliver it personally. so you just rest." He ate his food and looked at Angus " you need help to the couch?" he asked picking up his plate and now empty bottle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:27 pm

"They are good," Angus said. "I had forgotten just how good they really were. He uses a stout batter, and he adds corn flour to the batter. The corn flour is what gives it the extra crunch, and he makes the best hush puppies anywhere." He took a sip of his beer. "Yeah. I didn't know St. Mungos published a manual for new parents, but maybe that will have some information in it that Ruby might find helpful. I hope so, anyway. I think your idea is good to make 2 boxes for the pack. I almost expect Fenrir to want to take the pack out into the woods again when the weather breaks. I somehow don't see him as the sort to want to feel indebted to humans, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure Robert and Brian won't kick the pack off the grounds as long as they want to stay and aren't causing problems..."

The door opened, and Abbey came in, wearing her pink pajamas, wearing her kitty slippers, carrying BooBoo Kitty and dragging her favorite pink blanket with her.

"Hi, Aggie!" she was delighted to see him. She dropped the blanket and BooBoo Kitty and ran to him and climbed up on his lap.

"Hi," he laughed. "Where'd you come from?"

"My room. I seep wich you tonight," she said.

"Does Gam know where you are?" Angus asked. Abbey shrugged. She didn't know, and she didn't care. All she cared about was Aggie was right here. "Abs, if she goes to tuck you in, and you aren't there, she may get worried."

"Nah. I'm always good wich you, Aggie," she nodded.

"I think I'm having a slumber party," Angus told Jack, knowing, Abbey intended to curl up on the couch with him tonight. "I think I can make it to the sofa on my own, so long as I don't wait until the energy potion wears off entirely. Thanks anyway, though."

"I hep you, Aggie," Abbey offered.

"I'm sure you would," Angus smiled. "Uncle Jack is a little bigger, though. It's easier for him. I think I can do it myself, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:41 pm

Jack turned hearing the door open but smiled as Abby walked in at first he frowned but then smiled " I think she timed this" he whispered to Angus " but I'll let Kate know she's with you" he said " oh and I don't think he has plans on moving anywhere yet" he said as he picked up Abby's blanket and booboo kitty, placing both on the couch with Angus blanket and Pillow then spoke to Abby. "There now, booboo kitty's safe and so is your blanket so now its official , your on an Angus sleep over" he chuckled walking to the door he paused and looked back at Angus as he said he thought he could do it himself " okay I'll leave you to it but call me if you ned help and can't , don't be the hero this time." Jack said and took his plate downstairs.

Next morning Jack woke showered , dressed and headed down to the back door where he found four large crates beside it with a letter for Angus. Taking the letter he picked up two of the creates and placed them in the kitchen and began starting out the items into what would stay and what would go to the pack. Pausing for a moment he saw Zoe and nodded to her " sorting things for the pack, have to get it done early " he told her looking at the now full freezer with meat and vegetable rack.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 100 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top