A Birth day - Page 28
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 28 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 28 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 28 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:03 am

"Ah. Okay," Robert said, not pushing it. "Alright, well, I'm going to get back. Michael's making fish and chips, and I refuse to miss it. I'll see you later." He took his bag and went back to the main house. He found Angus in his office. "So you know, I did ask what was making them so anxious, and Aria and Ruby both said they weren't anxious."

"Oh. My bad, then," Angus said automatically.

"No, now, I know you. What's bothering you?"

"They didn't bloody trust me. They wanted me to call you long before I did. Of course, they're not anxious now. They got what they wanted."

"They're not your enemies," Robert told him.

"No, I know, but when I told them the criteria you taught me as for when it was time to call you or any healer for that matter, that wasn't bloody good enough."

"Well, Aria doesn't have any kids yet. Ruby's had just Caprice to give her experience with a baby, and she's been amazingly healthy. So maybe you're going to have to cut them a little slack."

"I'll cut them as much slack as they're cutting me," Angus said.

"That's not what I had in mind."

"Clearly not," Angus replied, transfiguring his clothes to nice jeans and a winter sweater.

"You're going to try to go to the supplier. Angus, they're going to be closing shortly. How are you going to stay on your feet?"

"Its' the job," Angus replied.

"You are a stubborn cuss when you're pissed," Robert sighed. "Marcus isn't home. He went to get Anise and Ginger."

"Good. I can manage this on my own."

"Liar," Robert said. "If you're determined on doing this, I'll give you one more dose of energy potion, but you make it work, and don't try to push me again to three doses in one day."

"I don't need it," Angus said angrily. He flicked his wand and apparated out.

"Damnit," Robert cussed. "Hey, where's Jack?" Robert called. "Anybody seen him lately?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:07 am

Ruby and Aria busied themselves cooking after Robert had left to go back to the main house " oh don't miss those" Aria said and smiled at him. Jack sat in the living room of the main house he had seen Angus port in and just continued to read his paper but seeing Robert head up then his name called he stood up.

"oh boy that mans in trouble." he said to Jess who chuckled as he ran up the stairs " hey quit yelling I'm here" he said walking in the room and looking around " Angus?" he surmised as he looked around the room not seeing him anywhere." okay, you want I go after his butt?" he asked
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:19 am

"Sorry," Robert said. "We have a problem with our meat supplier. I'm not sure where it went off the rails at, but they aren't' going to deliver us any more fresh meat unless they actually can talk directly to Angus. Zoe and Nicky tried, and so did I. And, for whatever reason, things aren't lovely at the duplex. I was going to go get Angus some energy potion but he left on his own. Somehow Aria and Ruby really ruffled him, and now he's not in the mood to need anything from anybody. Angus doesn't normally ruffle but this time he's pretty shut down. I think he's gone to London to try to fix this with the supplier, but I don't think he's got the energy to keep himself on his feet there and back. This really isn't like him, but if I had to wager, I'd say someone over there hurt his feelings, and he isn't willing to even admit it, much less talk about it. I don't think he needs a bodyguard, not necessarily. Do you mind just tagging along in case he faceplants on a sidewalk somewhere? I can send one more dose of energy potion with you but I doubt he'll take it unless his body just entirely gives out on him."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:24 am

Jack stood and listened to Robert " well that doesn't sound like ruby or Aria, but sure I'll go watch his butt" he said changing his clothing to something warmer and his slippers to work boots that he always wore. " okay give me the potion, I know the way to the supplier, but won't they be closed right now?" he asked looking at the time on the mantel clock. But then he paused and sighed " he wasn't thinking when he left , right?" he asked shaking his head at the thought.

Ruby finished the Stir fry and left it in the wok for those who wanted some when they returned. She looked over at the main house but didn't worry about Angus knowing Robert was with him, what did bother her was why he had become angry and disappeared to the main house, she thought about what had happened and couldn't come up with anything but she was sure he would tell them once he returned.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:34 am

"They've recently started working late one night a week so that they can make sure all their deliveries are completed, They'll be there for a little bit yet," Robert said, "but he is definitely catching them at the end of their day." Robert went to the kitchen and took a bottle of energy potion and prepared a one dose vial and gave it to Jack. "Here--if you have to. Diamond is running just a very slight hint of a temperature. You know how that can happen for almost no bloody reason at all, and certainly with a child with the health issues that she has. He was doing everything I have ever taught him to do, but something evidently didn't sit right with Aria and Ruby. The only thing he really said to me is that Aria and Ruby don't trust him, and I think that hurts. I mean, I would feel that way, I'm sure, if I felt Kate didn't trust me. I'm sure he can blow Aria off to some extent, but it undoubtedly is harder for him to take whatever Ruby said or did with a grain of salt. And you know how much any parents can squabble over disagreements in parenting decisions. Maybe it's all this is. I don't know. Anyway, just try to keep him out of trouble, would you? I'd appreciate it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:59 am

Jack followed Robert to the kitchen and took the small bottle from him slipping it into his pocket and sighed " yeah I know all too well" he said shaking his head " now there off living there own life's" he chuckled Listening again he nodded " okay I'll head ther now." he said and ported out landing in a back alley he headed over to the wearhouse where the suplier was. Knocking he saw aman open the door " hi, Angus here I'm his business partner." he said and the man stepped aside letting Jack in.

Looking around he walked just behind the man till he heard slightly raised voices. And he stiffened his stance expecting a fight to happen but as he passed by he saw two men arguing over a piece of meet and how it should be wrapped and chuckled to himself as a small cat snuck over and took it diving out a window happily with its prize. Now he looked for Angus.

"this way he's with the boss upstairs" he said walking towards a large set of stairs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:08 am

Angus made profuse apologies, but, as of yet, they hadn't explained what they had been so angry about. And then they told him. Someone had called, saying they were from the Quinn estate and they wanted to buy some low quality meat to feed to some wild dogs on the estate. They were hoping to get something that was just on the verge of going bad, and when the supplier had questioned it, saying Angus would never authorize such a thing, the person from the estate became extremely rude. The supplier told Angus that they didn't carry low quality goods. Then, when they started discussing dates, it made sense. This was where the meat had come from that had poisoned Fenrir's pack. It all fit.

Angus was discussing devising a code word that would let the supplier know the transaction was legitimate when the door opened. Angus was a little surprised to see Jack there.

"Come on in, Jack. This will interest you. Someone called, awhile back, saying they were from the estate, wanting a large quantity of poor quality meat. The dates coincide from when we got our 'guests.' And, they tried about three days ago to make the same request. Our supplier was wise enough not to deliver anything since. Clearly, we would never be interested in anything other than top quality meats. I think we need to devise a password that only a couple of us know that will validate if it really is us making the sale. Thoughts?" Angus asked, his mind clearly on work.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:18 am

Jack saw Angus and walked up to him he crossed his arms over his chest " oh , really?" he asked " now that is interesting since I'm the one who takes care of all that, and certainly didn't request anything of the sort" he added then paused in his speech to think for a moment " I agree about the password system" he said " it would have to be very specific." he said looking to Angus. " oh before I forget , here" he said and handed him the potion bottle " from Robert and he is pissed and says no more." he said then faced the supplier as he spoke " your meat it top that's why we order from you, and will continue to."

He let Angus do what he needed with the supplier but saw him waver a little. " can you excuse us for a moment" he asked and the man nodded walking to the door he stepped out of the room " take the potion your faltering." he said moving to face him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:36 am

"I didn't ask him for any," Angus said, not surprised that Robert sent it. "He sent that on his own. He can stick it up his..." Angus quit talking, knowing this was not the time or place. "I'll take it only because you asked me, but I will settle it with him later, believe me." Angus took the potion, and he immediately felt better.

He negotiated a password with the supplier and then made sure to put in their regular order of meat, with some extra for the supplier's trouble and to make sure the pack was fed really well. They apologized to Angus for being angry and frustrated with them and promised good service from here on. They shook hands, and Angus motioned to Jack and walked out of the suppliers.

"I've done what I needed to do here for now. Thanks for your help, Jack," Angus said quietly. "I think they feel a lot better now, and it explains why he only would talk to me. But I'm glad that seems to be better. When we get that new shipment, we can take about double what we would normally take them. They should have the freezer space for it. If they have any sub quality left, can you make them throw it out, please? They don't need to eat that crap. For now, I think the only place I think I'm going is back to my office for a little--unless you have someplace else to go."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:46 am

Jack stood and listened to Angus saying nothing as he let lose over Robert and the potion he frowned a little but was happy he had taken it. He let Angus finish sorting out things with the supplier and walked with him out of the Wearhouse and listened to him talk " sure , but answer me one thing now your calmer , what the hell kicked you off to start?" he asked " In the years I have known you , you have never gone off like this, bad enough that Robert sent me, I was honestly prepared to sling you over my shoulder and carry you home." he told him honestly. " if its Ruby or Aria , come on their female they over protect every cute little thing they see, if its anything to do with Gelding , he'll get his day trust me and they won't find the body's." Jack looked at Angus hoping he would get his anger out on him rather than anyone else " you want to go toe to toe with any one and get that anger out, come to me I can take it, and if I can't Jess can fix it.." he said and shrugged his shoulder at him.

Jack took hold of Angus and ported him to his office and sat him down. " okay your here, do what you need then I'll take you home to your nice comfortable chair and loving wife" he told him accioing his news paper and sitting on the couch opposite " this is not because I don't trust you, this is because I like the room" he told him opening the paper to the page he had left it at.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 100 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 64 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top