A Birth day - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 16 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:29 am

"If I were you, but of course I'm not," Khaat told Aria, "I would go right in between with a low updo that looks soft and somewhat loose. Make it look touchable. The sage green color already has a soft look to it, and so does the jade. So, I would give yourself a softer look all the way around, with your hair and your makeup. I would do a rather romantic makeup, but that's easy enough too. A good glamour spell will fix that. After all, Marcus is accustomed to the tight, tense business side of you. It might be a worthwhile experiment for both of you if you opened yourself up to share your softer side a bit. Just my own idea, though.

"Oh, and, just for the record," Khaat said, "I know you know this already, but I feel better saying it--all Marcus and I have ever been is really good friends. And, yes, as my bodyguard he has had to see more of me than anyone other than Brian has, especially when I was wounded, but it was always in the line of duty, and he was always professional. There's nothing there but friendship. After all, Marcus has always been attached, and so have I. We have good boundaries there, so no matter what Rita says, she's barking up the wrong tree completely."

"I presume Michael might have one of these bracelets with him tonight as well, but just in case he doesn't, I thought I'd take one," Angus said. "Okay. Single breasted it is. Thanks."

Edward and Simone arrived back with Rosaria and Carlo, and Edward brought over four very large chef salads for Angus, Ruby, Aria, and Marcus.

"We brought lunch for you. I would think Marcus would be home soon. We passed him at the florists in Diagon Alley not two minutes ago," Edward said. "We've already eaten, but we thought perhaps you lot might like a really nice chef salad for a change."

"What a great idea. Thanks," Angus said. "How did the shopping trip go?"

"Fine," Edward replied. "Rosaria found a really pretty lace dress with a matching jacket in a dusty blue color, and we found Carlo a new suit in a gray color that looks really good on him. I don't know when I've seen them so excited. I think we'll take them to a good steakhouse in London before the symphony. You lot going to be okay for a sitter tonight?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23549
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:49 am

Aria listened and thought about Khaat's words and nodded " I'll do that" she said smiling. She heard Khaat talking again and nodded " I know I see how Brian looks at you and you at him, I'm not worried about Marcus with you, it was a gold spider pin thing that Ruby found that made me act like I was jealous, Michael's got it now and I'm good again, and yeah Rita is talking out her …" she paused but smirked not saying her last word knowing Khaat would know what it was. " light and lose, but not too lose" Aria said and smiled nodding " I should get back to the duplex, thanks Khaat, I see now why Ruby see you as a good friend as do all the others"

Ruby saw listened to Angus and nodded " that should come in handy" she said as she heard the others return and walked in " oh thank you I forgot to make any, sorry Angus" she said and moved to place down plates to help dish up the salads.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5079

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:03 am

"Well, yes. That's Rita. She's always talked out the wrong end, if you ask me," Khaat laughed. "I just wanted you to hear it from me because people started trying to make a thing out of Marcus and me from the time he got the job. But Rita's really made an issue of it. You're very welcome. I rather like having more women my age here. When I first moved in with Brian, I was the only woman in sight. I'm glad the balance is shifting."

Marcus apparated home, and he had some packages with him.

"Been shopping?" Angus asked.

"Well, someone had to go get corsages and boutonnieres. And before you ask, I made it simple. Since its supposed to be a Valentine's ball, I got them all done in red roses." He put them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh til they were needed."

"Well done, Marcus," Edward said.

"Oh, and there are some for the four of you for your symphony tonight," Marcus said.

"Well, how nice! Thank you," Edward said. "And there's a chef salad on the table for you."

"Is there? Thanks, I'm starving," Marcus said. "Angus, do you have your quill made?"

"I do," Angus said. "I don't know how good my slight of hand will be under the circumstances, though."

"Let's give the quill to Michael, if you're not sure. Besides, he's the only one I know who can pull off slight of hand with a hundred people watching. I think we need to trust that part to him," Marcus said.

"You're probably right," Angus said. "Are you going to have enough time to help all the women get dressed?"

"Yes," Marcus said. "Not a problem. Ruby, what would you like me to do besides double check the fit of your dress? Need hair or makeup spells or anything?"

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:12 am

Aria heard Khaat and nodded " I know and yeah mor women than men makes sense, Jess has been here the longest right?" she asked Khaat as they walked into her bed room again. " but don't worry I get it with Rita, anything for a story , right." she said and chuckled.

"Ruby saw Marcus enter and smiled " I'll put those in the fridge to keep " she said taking them from him " foods dished up " she told him and sent Angus his plate over to him.

Aria thanked Khaat and headed over to the duplex behind Marcus and smiled at the mention of the salads " oh nice" she said " and I know the corsages and boutonnieres will be beautiful too" she said smiling to Marcus as she passed him to grab a plate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:22 am

The salads were tasty, and Angus dozed a little in the afternoon. Robert came over in the late afternoon and changed the dressings on Angus's shoulder. He put a magic wrap on it to try to ice it to keep it from swelling. He made sure he let Angus know that he was to leave it in a sling so it didn't pull the stitches. He gave Angus two single dose vials of the energy potion to keep him up and moving, and stressed again that the doses only lasted two hours each. Angus remembered.

Marcus went over to the main house and did Kate's hair and makeup and helped Khaat dress. Khaat was the most complicated job of the night but there were obvious reasons for that. When he finished with her, he came back and helped Angus get ready.

By that time, the girls were back, and they were dressed and ready, and so were Sam and Victor. He double checked the fit of their suits for them and did a spell to trim their hair. That gave him time to go and style Simone's and Rosaria's hair and makeup. Then he came back.

"Okay. I think I'm down to any help that Ruby or Aria need," Marcus said. "And we've got just enough time to do it. What do you ladies need my help with? You're last but not least."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:36 am

Aria and Ruby ate their food and made sure the place was clean as the day went by. Soon it was time to get ready Aria went up to her room and dressed placing her makeup to be light but elegant Aria walked around looking for Michael.

"Michael I need your help , please" she asked him walking to the room she and Marcus shared " um could you do my hair in a soft updo and makeup romantic but light, its Khaat's suggestion.?" she asked " and I don't want Marcus to see me dressed up till we're there , if that's okay, I know you have to be there early, so I thought I'd catch you before you left." she asked him hoping he could help her out before he left.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:57 am

Simone came over to see if the girls needed help to dress and when she saw they went upstairs to check and see if Ruby or Aria needed help. She went in to Aria's room and saw Aria needed help with her hair.

"I know just the thing," Simone said. She flicked her wand and cast a couple glamour spells. One to fix Aria's hair and one to do her makeup for an evening event. "So Michael is taking you. That's really nice. I'm sure you'll be in very safe hands. And since he has to go early, I would expect him any time now. There. You look lovely. Oh, and look. Marcus has left you something," she said, seeing a box. Simone looked and saw Marcus had gotten Aria a calf holster.

"He thinks of everything," Simone smiled. "It's the best way to have your wand when you're wearing an evening gown. It fastens under the skirt of your dress, around your calf, and your wand slips down on the outside of your leg. I have three of these things, and they're all a little different. They're a necessity for an ambassador's wife. One in white, one in black, and one in a tan color. They're wonderful. And, this one has a little pocket to carry a few galleon in it just in case."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:05 am

Aria heard the door open expecting Michael but saw Simone and breathed out when she said she could help " thank goodness , sorry just nervous about tonight" she said as Simone did her hair and makeup " wow thank you it looks great" she said looking in the mirror at her hair. Seeing the package she opened it as Simone explained opening her robe she slipped it on around her calf making sure it would not move she slipped her wand into it and a few galleons as suggested by Simone . " Khaat lent me some of her jewellery that went with the dress" she said and showed Simone the necklace and bracelets with matching earrings as she slipped them on.

Hearing that Michael would be there soon she slipped on her dress and with Simone's help did up the back before slipping on her shoes. She turned to face Simone as she spoke " how do I look?" she asked " I know my palms are sweating" she added taking a tissue and wiping them dry. Now with her dress on she slipped on her cloak and made sure none of her dress was showing.

Ruby dressed in her room then walked down in her red dress smiling as she saw Angus " looking sharp" she said turning so he could see her fully " will I do?" she asked " its been a while, but I think I scrub up well." she placed down her cloak on the couch just bas Jessie arrived with Chris.

"wow looking hot sis and sharp bro." he said and she chuckled as he moved to look in the pen " bottles made in the fridge just to reheat?" he asked and Ruby nodded.

"and some extra just in case." she informed him
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:26 am

"Relax. You look completely lovely, and I'm sure Marcus is going to agree. Just remember, though, it's a mission. Keep your head on the assignment, my dear," Simone advised. "You're there to help keep Angus safe. I know you want to impress Marcus, but he has a completely different assignment. He's going to be limited as to how much time he can spend with you. Undoubtedly, you're going to see old colleagues from the ministry there, and I'm guessing they haven't' seen you all gussied up either. Stil, if you can have a good time and keep to the assignment, there's no harm in that, is there?"

Downstairs Michael arrived right on time.

"You look great," Angus told Ruby "I'm going to have to bodyguard you, aren't I?" he teased lightly. "Thanks for helping, Jessie. Michael, your date is upstairs having a panic attack, I think." Michael laughed.

"She'll be fine once she gets there and can get down to task," Michael said. "Got a quill for me?"

"I do indeed," Angus said, handing it to him.

"Clever bit, this," Michael laughed. "This is going to be fun. I've been wanting to put the screws to Rita Skeeter for decades. That old cow isn't going to know what hit her. I hope Robert doesn't stray to the other side of the room from her, though. That could be messy."

"I thought of that. I'm prepared," Angus said, showing Michael the rope bracelet. Michael laughed out loud.

"Oh, now, you are clever, aren't you? I should have brought a camera. I'd like to keep a picture of her for posterity."

"I have a little muggle micro camera somewhere," Marcus frowned. "Now, what did I do with it?"

"Robert has one too," Michael said. He walked to the floo. "Robert, you bringing your camera?"

"You won't need one," Robert's voice replied. "I did you one better. You'll see." The floo closed with a snap.

"He's going to enjoy this much too much," Michael laughed. "Now I am curious about what he's planning."

"Me too," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:39 am

Aria looked at Simone and nodded " thank you Simone" she said and walked over to her giving her a hug. " I'd better head down" she told her making sure the cloak was tight against her " oh and I know he's working a mission, I just want to give him some eye candy tonight" she said and chuckled at her . Heading down Aria saw Michael and smiled to him " love the cloaks Marcus chose well" she said holding hers closed so not to show off the dress yet. " looking good Ruby" she said " and very handsome Mr Tremaine" she said smiling to him " I borrowed some of Khaat's jewellery since well I don't have anything half as fancy as this." Ruby walked over and tucked a strand of hair behind Aria's hear .

"just relax and enjoy" she said with a smile making Aria relax even more as she walked over to Michael.

"so what time do we have to be there and do you have any tips or tricks I need to know?" she asked focusing on the mission side of the night.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top