A Birth day - Page 68
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 68 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 68 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:47 am

Ruby listened to Angus and hugged him " that's my man" she said smiling at him as she gently kissed his cheek then went back to cleaning up the kitchen ready for the mornings breakfast. She saw Angus head up and smiled nodding to Marcus as she saw him watch Angus along with Aria from behind her book. She could not help chuckle as Sam and Victor said they were stuck on the dragon puzzle , she shook her head as they grabbed their jackets and dove out the door " oh he does, I have I think read about a third of the books he ahs and I'm not even as qualified as I should" she chuckled as Marcus said he'd have to the Farm. " Or get Jack to take them" she said knowing Jack would do it but wasn't too keen on reptiles of any sort.

Aria chuckled as she closed her book and looked at Ruby then to Marcus " so your on bodyguard duty when they take Diamond to the visitation and I'm back up right?" she said to Marcus hoping she had her assessment down and right for when the time would come.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:23 am

"Well, there is a piece I didn't tell them," Marcus said. "Remember that phase Cris went through this summer when he wanted to draw dragons? Well, Angus borrowed Edward's book on dragons, and it does have some anatomy charts in it. And it's right over there..." Marcus pointed to Angus's bookshelves that flanked each side of the fireplace, "on one of the shelves right now."

That made Fabian laugh.

"Now, that's funny," Fabian said. "You just sent them out to cool off."

"Exactly," Marcus grinned.

"I hope you have some hot spiced cider for when they return," Fabian laughed.

"If nothing else, I'm sure we have tea," Marcus replied. When Aria asked about assisting with bodyguard duty for the visitation with the Geldings, Marcus shrugged. "I just take it as a given that I'll be going. I don't know any more than you do. It may work out exactly as you've said, but I just don't know yet. I doubt Angus has thought this through enough to have given thought to security yet. I don't think he'll care that you want to go, but I'll have to talk to him. I'm also thinking that Robert will want to be involved in this to some degree simply because Tom is the biggest enemy our organization has. I know that a lot of people will want to go along but let's wait until we see how this all develops. Tonight, I think the only thing Angus is starting to think about is sleep, and that would be the best thing for him." Marcus got up and began clearing the table.

It was then that Robert returned and handed the lapel pins to Fabian. "You're right. Those are quite dark indeed. Thank you for sharing them with me."

"You're very welcome, of course," Fabian smiled. "I should be going soon, though. I have some things to do before I sleep, and France is ahead of you here. Ruby, thank you for a delicious meal. I appreciate it. Robert, I'll send you the rest of the evidence when I get it."

"Thanks," Robert said. "Safe travels, Fabian."

"Thank you," Fabian said. "Goodnight." He ported out to return to Paris.

"Robert, we had an interruption at supper--a solicitor named Hayden Hemlock..." Marcus began.

"Oh. Him. Never liked him much. He always acts like he has the world by the gonads," Robert replied. "What's he want?"

"He said the lawsuit grants the Geldings visitation with Diamond."

"It does," Robert said. "And he's going to try to pressure Angus with it."

"Yes."

"I'll handle that little worm, but we'll also need to make plans for a visitation. I'll get with Angus about it. I'm hoping he's ready to unwind for the night."

"He is. Did you see our boys, by chance?"

"I did. Kate is planning to take them to the farm to look for that book. It might take them awhile, so I wouldn't worry. Just between us, though, I had them sketch me the part that they didn't know where to put, and I think they're squabbling over a lung, not a bladder. I would hope they'll get smart enough to put it where it actually goes, but I do think it might be good for them to figure it out."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:29 am

Aria listened to Marcus and nodded " yeah , not think about it right now" she said looking up again when she heard Robert enter the duplex and talk to Fabien about the images on the pins. Ruby looked up and smiled at Fabian as he thanked her for the food " your welcome Fabian" she said as she watched him port out back to France . Aria waved to Fabian and watched him go a she found another word in her wordsearch.

Aria could not help chuckle at Marcus and Robert talking about the boys and how they were looking for a book that was right on the book shelf not far from her. " I hope they do too but your right they should figure it out for themselves, be a shame for a dragon to have a bladder where his lungs should be" she said and chuckled.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:45 am

"I think they could end up with one funny looking dragon," Marcus laughed. "I also think that if I am ever injured, do not let them do the first aid, will you? I'd like to survive them. I only know of one worse situation. Once when a mate of mine was injured with a bleeding head wound during a mission, we went to the local wizarding clinic, and a young nurse thought she was going to stop the bleeding for him by putting a tourniquet around his neck."

"God," Robert shook his head. "Well, garroting him would solve that bleeding problem, wouldn't it? I presume you stopped her."

"I did," Marcus laughed. "She was a really lousy nurse. I dated her for a month or so, and she ended up changing jobs and ended up working for a greenhouse that sold herbs for potions and for cooking. Seems she did not like the sight of blood anyway."

"Oh what a surprise," Robert laughed. Angus came downstairs, showered, and in a pair of lounging trousers and a long sleeved tee shirt.

"Oh, you're back," Angus said.

"I'm not staying. Here. I brought you more dreamless sleep potion," Robert set it on the coffee table. "And, I heard Hemlock contacted you. Let's discuss him in the morning, and I'll help you meet your legal obligation, but you might have to inconvenience him ever so slightly to do it."

"I was planning on taking full advantage of him," Angus suggested.

"That's my boy. Good plan. I'll help you get that refined. I'll stop by after brea..." Robert was speaking, and he heard a loud smacking sound, and then he heard a baby start to scream. He looked over and saw that Caprice had smacked Diamond rather hard in the head with a toy, and Diamond was not happy about it. "Looks like some sibling rivalry has begun early," Robert sighed.

Angus snapped his fingers and all the baby toys levitated up out of the babies' reach. Then they were both unhappy and started to tantrum.

"Well, good. Now you have two unhappy little screamers," Robert said.

"They'll quit eventually, and when they do, I'll give the toys back," Angus said.

"And if they keep it up?"

"They'll wear themselves out sooner or later and fall asleep," Angus shrugged, unconcerned. "or Ruby will give in and give the toys back, one or the other. She's a soft touch." That made Robert laugh.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:54 am

Aria listened to Marcus and laughed " oh you must tell me that one some day. " she said and chuckled " I'm glad she got out of their and don't worry any one who is going to lay hands on you it will be me" she said smirking to him teasingly. Both Ruby and Aria looked as Angus came down the stairs and spoke with Robert Ruby winced as she heard the smack the watched as Angus took the toys out the crib.

" Oh no, daddies word is law, caprice needs to learn that we don't hit others " she said and smirked. " and really, soft touch?" she asked looking to Angus with a smirk. Ruby chuckled as he moved to the kitchen to make some mulled tea for the boys when they returned. " I'll make sure h gets his potion before he sleeps " she said to Robert.

Aria chuckled as she looked at the sky that was now darkening as the sun set. " shouldn't be much longer before they are back since it gets colder at night" she said then looked to Marcus " you going to tell them the book their looking for is on the book case?" she asked motioning to her right where the bookcase sat next to her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:05 pm

"Well, Kate won't lose the boys," Angus said. "She'll bring them back eventually."

"I wouldn't tell them they could have found the book here," Robert said. "Two reasons. First, it wouldn't hurt either of them to have a healthy interest in books. This is not the muggle world, we do not have digital everything, nor do we need to. They need to have a healthy respect for a book, and they need to know what is here in their house and what isn't, so that's on them. And second, it's good for them to see my little room of books. It might interest them in something. Anything. It's also a really good thing for them to gain a little respect for older witches and wizards. They haven't learned yet that it isn't the young ones you need to be wary of. It's the older wizards because most of us have only gotten wiser and faster and more powerful through the years. They could use some of that wisdom."

"I couldn't agree more," Angus said. "I have no intention of telling them what's on the bookshelf. They can figure that out for themselves."

"So you know, though, I have every intention of adding more security around this house, Angus, Robert said. "I've told Jack I want four additional guards, specifically around this house, on every shift. I know Lucian is chomping at the bit to join the team, and it might be a good start for him."

"I would talk to Jack about that first," Angus said. "Lucian does have some skills. I'm not debating that, but sometimes he has some rough edges, rather like a bull in a china shop sometimes."

"Ah, that's him just trying to impress, I think, by trying to show off how much wisdom he has," Robert said, rather unconcerned. "Actually, I think Jack might be a good way for Lucian to get started because Jack isn't impressed by that crap. He's far more impressed by someone who wants to be a team player and who can take some guidance and who can listen to experience, not someone who is always trying to act like the most experienced. If Lucian hangs around Jack long enough, he'll learn to knock the bullcrap off. because if he doesn't, Jack will knock his block off."

"Tell him to get a good lick in for me if that happens, won't you? He's not a bad guy. I don't dislike him, but I really just want him to calm down and be himself," Angus said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:07 pm

Ruby breathed out in relief as Robert said he'd doubled the guard around the estate " good" she said softly as she settled Caprice down in her play pen. Aria chuckled as Robert pointed out about the older wizards being the ones the boys need to look out for and she nodded " oh I agree some can be very friendly and others are cantankerous, but as you say its the amount of knowledge that one has that makes the person not who they know, right" she said accioing a cup of tea for herself and reheating it as she marked off another word in her wordsearch.

Jack finished with the guards and looked at the barn's interior and the shingles that now lay on the roof protecting the animals inside " okay get that water but back against the barn and attach that fence now the roofs water tight." he said and several men began finishing the things he had asked for " You two bring in the new hay from the hay loft " he pointed to a small shed like structure " oh and watch for wild kneazles they like to burrow into the hay." he said " bring some to the barn and spread it in the empty pen ready for the new Thestral's" he said and waited for the two men to head out " well go now" he said motioning for them to go.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:26 pm

"Correct," Robert said to Ruby. "Alright, I've done my duty. I'm heading back home. I'll get with you in the morning about the visitation."

"I think I've got it, but I'll be happy to hear your ideas," Angus said.

"Sounds fine. Goodnight," Robert said, leaving and heading home.

Angus sat down and picked up a book, almost feeling too tired to read. He started to try to focus in and read anyway, and within a few minutes, he dozed off. He wasn't asleep more than just a very few minutes when the babies started to squabble again, this time over a newspaper that had fallen on the floor, and they were both trying to take. Instead they were shredding the paper while they tried to drag into the playpen and were screeching at each other.

Angus woke with a hard jolt, startled. When he saw it was the babies again, he groaned, frustrated.

"I'm gonna kill them," he muttered. He stood up, instead. "I'll be back," he told Ruby.

"Where're we going?" Marcus called, as a reminder that he was supposed to be with him.

"Out," was all Angus said. He didn't bother taking his coat, he just got up and went outside.

"Well, shit," Marcus sighed. Glancing out the window, he saw Angus heading in the general direction of the running track. "Evidently, I'm going running. We'll be back--hopefully soon, since it's late and it's cold." We'll transfigured his clothes to sweats and headed outside to run with him.

Edward came over from his side, yawning, as Marcus left. He had been dozing by the fire in his place until he heard the babies screeching yet again. He looked out the window and saw Angus and Marcus heading off to the track.

"They're crazy," Edward frowned. "Why, at this ungodly hour, are they running? And I thought Angus was supposed to be resting anyway. Or are those two little demons on his nerves?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:31 pm

Ruby and Aria said good night to Robert and watched him leave it was no more than a few minuets later they heard the screech of the two girls fighting and both woman sighed seeing how they woke Angus " all right" Aria said to Marcus as she moved to pick up Diamond out of the pen to hold her so they could not fight. Hearing Edward she nodded " yep a right pair of banshees these two" Aria said and walked over handing Diamond to Edward and chuckled as Ruby picked up Caprice .

"I'll take this one and change her maybe I can get her to lay down in her cot for a while." she said and headed up the stairs.

Aria looked at Edward and spoke again" He was until these two started again" she said " so he decided to go for a run , Marcus went with him" she said glancing out the window towards the track.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 11:50 pm

"Well, I could go out after those boys, but I'm not going to," Edward said. He looked at Diamond. "You're starting to be a pain in the butt with that short fuse of yours," he told her. "We might have liked you better when you were quiet, you know that?" She simply continued to scream. He tapped her lightly on the forehead, casting a calming spell. "Alright. Enough of that. Stop it."

"Stop it?" Simone asked, coming in, in her pajamas, "That's your spell?"

"Well, it worked, didn't it?"

"Come to Grandma," she told Diamond, taking her from Edward.

"She's not necessarily staying, so don't get attached," Edward cautioned.

"Scrooge," she scowled at him. "Make yourself useful. Make a bottle for her." Edward made a bottle and handed it to Simone, who fed Diamond. The baby fell asleep on Simone's shoulder, and she took the baby upstairs and put her in her crib.

And as she went upstairs, the boys came in, each of them with a stack of books that they had borrowed from Robert's library at the farm.

"You actually both going to read all those?" Edward asked.

"Yeah," Sam said. "He's got some great books." Edward browsed the books they had borrowed. Most of them were adventure books, some classics, some fiction, and some biographies on famous wizarding duelists. And, at the bottom of Victor's stack was a book on dragons. "You lads need to go shower and hit the hay. It's late, and you have to work in the morning."

"What time is it?" Sam asked.

"Twenty til Twelve. Its soon going to be midnight and we all know your dad does not believe that, at your age, he needs to wake you up to be to work on time. You're adults, so I know you can stay up as long as you like, but I also know what you two are like to try to get awake if you've been up too late."

"Well, yeah," Sam shrugged. "Okay. Goodnight, Granddad."

"Goodnight, Boys," Edward said, as the boys took their books and went upstairs.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top