A Birth day - Page 67
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 67 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 67 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:35 am

Aria sat quietly leaning on Marcus as he spoke she could not help let a tear fall down her cheek as he explained Angus had experienced each of the devices she had seen. When Marcus called Angus over she looked up and at Marcus " not a soul and I won't" she said softly leaning down she kissed him and rested her forehead on his for a moment " I swear she She'll not get to him" she said then wiped her tear away" picking up her glass she saw angus pick up his " but another one of these might hit the spot for tonight." she refilled her glass and downed it.

Ruby watched from inside she knew Angus had been threw a lot and there was more Marcus did not want her to know. I'm about to start supper if you wish to stay " she said " its nothing fancy, or do you need to get back , but I'm sure Angus would appreciate you staying a bit longer I am making Chorizo bean burgers with Cezar salad." she said moving to the kitchen to start cooking " got to keep the troops fed" she said trying to lighten the mood.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:16 pm

"Thank you. I appreciate that," Fabian told Ruby. "I can't tell you the last time I had a home cooked meal. Since my divorce, I've been sort of going from snack to snack, unless I have my daughter for the weekend. She's 8, but she's exceptionally bright. She's in a school for gifted children. She's taking calculus classes already, for heaven's sake. When she comes for the weekend, I try to make sure we eat healthy while she's with me."

"Hm. Big glass, little whiskey. Let's even it out," Marcus poured another and handed it to Angus.

"Bless you," Angus said, drinking the whiskey again. in one gulp.

"You okay?" Marcus asked.

"Do I look okay?"

"Nope. Not even close," Marcus laughed.

"Oh good. I don't have to lie, then," Angus said dryly. He tried to fish another cigarette out of the pack, and nothing happened. Looking in the pack, he saw it was empty, and he crushed the empty pack in his fist. "And I'm out of cigarettes."

"Picked up that damned near empty pack, didn't you?" Marcus asked, and Angus nodded. Marcus flicked his fingers at the patio door to open it and accio'd a fresh pack of cigarettes and handed them to Angus.

At that moment, Robert arrived, carrying both babies who both appeared to be unhappy and swatting at each other, screaming at each other, and having temper tantrums.

"I'm here to bring these noisy little squirts back to you," Robert teased. "Kate's taking her textile to her client, and Simone went along. So that makes me the delivery service. Oh, hello, Fabian. Nice to see you here for a change. How'd it go--besides Suzanne?"

"Ugly, Robert. Damned ugly," Fabian said, dropping both lapel pins in Robert's pocket. "You're going to need to see those as soon as possible. Daniella isn't going to look at them until later tonight at the soonest anyway since she's out with Michael."

"Give me a few minutes and I'll have them back to you, but I'm sure they'll both want to see those pictures after the symphony, so I'll review these quickly and return them."

"So introduce me. Your grandchildren?"

"Well, not technically," Robert said. "This one is Diamond, and this one is Caprice, Angus's and Ruby's daughter." Fabian took Diamond from Robert.

"She's very small for ten months," Fabian frowned.

"She's been seriously neglected," Robert said, putting Caprice in her playpen. "She's getting better but she has a way to go to catch up."

"Poor thing. Doesn't stand a chance in that house. Our evidence suggests Suzanne was planning to turn her to a werewolf on her first birthday."

"Suzanne must have iq points in negative numbers. Diamond never would have survived it," Robert said. "At least, right now, it doesn't look like she'll have to deal with that, but Tom will fight to get her back. I am positive of that. Our intel shows they were furnishing a room for a nanny. Did you see any evidence of that?"

"I didn't, personally, but I haven't been through the rest of the evidence yet. I'll let you know. Do you think the fact that they're preparing for a nanny will help them in court?"

"Well, I don't know whether our wizengamot will hear it or the French courts since Tom, Suzanne and Diamond all hold dual citizenships. Our court gave emergency temporary custody to Ruby and Angus, but I don't know which court will hold the permanent custody hearing. That hasn't been determined."

"Sounds like I need to make several copies. Lucian wanted a copy too."

"One copy for the Ministry files is enough," Robert said. "We can make extra copies if we need them. Give your copies directly to me, and I'll make whatever copies are necessary."

"Thank you," Fabian said. "You might want to add some extra supports temporarily to Angus. Some of the things we found may negatively affect him."

"I consider myself forewarned," Robert said. "We'll take good care of him. Thank you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:35 pm

Ruby smiled at Lucian as he spoke of his family and nodded " he sounds gifted you should be proud of her" she said as he finished supper and dished it up as Aria walked down and out to Marcus and Angus seeing Angus with a topped up glass and cigarette's she chuckled but understood the purposes behind them. She sat next to Marcus as she saw Robert she heard the girls crying as he walked inside.

Ruby looked up and saw Caprice and Diamond fighting " well that's a good sign" she said and moved to Robert " she's more active, even if it is fighting" she said chuckling as she watched Caprice pick up her toy and begin to play " they might be hungry." she said as she walked back and gathered a bottle for both of them.

"I'll help Ruby with the girls " Aria said to them both , she smiled to Marcus and placed her hand on his shoulder more to reassure herself than him, before she headed into the house and over to diamond where she was handed a bottle so she could feed her too. With the girls settled each burped them and changed them then lay them in the play pen to take a nap or just play as Caprice wanted to do Ruby looked at Fabian as he spoke to Robert and stood up.

What will happen to Diamond now?" she asked as Aria stayed by the pen" if Suzzanne is out of commission because of her reaction to the wolfsbane because she was turned , will they still want Diamond or will they have had their fill?" she asked worried for the baby in her care.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:53 pm

"I am," Fabian said with a smile. "She's probably the best thing I have in my life."

"I'm sure Ruby would appreciate any help you could give her," Marcus said. "He's not going to be out here much longer. It's too damned cold for that. We'll be in soon."

"The temporary custody doesn't expire for awhile," Robert told Ruby. "That came out of our Wizengamot. Suzanne's new werewolf diagnosis doesn't necessarily impact that custody order one way or another. At some point, you and Angus need to make a choice about whether you are going to try to fight for permanent custody of her or whether you're going to allow Tom to try to make whatever changes the court thinks he needs to make to prove he can be a decent father. It's not something you should make a quick choice about. You need to discuss it with him first because it will definitely increase the trouble you have with Tom and Suzanne. That's a given."

"Ruby, what I saw today only points to one thing--your mother is truly unhinged and focused on her believe that Angus needs to die," Fabian said. "And if she loses Diamond permanently, she will only intensify her efforts. Be very sure that you and Angus want to take that on. The safer alternative might be to let another family adopt her and change her name and try to erase every trace of her. Then, perhaps, maybe, eventually, Suzanne will stop hunting Angus--maybe."

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:01 pm

Aria nodded to Marcus then listened as Ruby spoke to Fabian and Robert she nodded as Robert spoke " I know" she said softly then listened to Fabian " as long as she's not with my mother and Tom I'm good with that option too , but I'll talk with Angus when he's not so upset" she said then sighed " I hope so , and soon I can tell its wearing him down" she said looking out the window as she saw Marcus and Angus together and Aria walking over to her.

" why don't you go and finish supper" Aria said to Ruby who nodded as she left them and headed to the kitchen " I think placing her with a good family would be best Ruby got her own ten month old to look after and Angus has his mental health to get back on track and if it gets Suzzanne and Tom off their backs." she paused " but its not my place to suggest." she said and looked to Robert as she spoke again " sorry guess the fire whiskey's kicking in" she saw Marcus and Angus still talking as Ruby said supper was ready and on the table.

"help your selves " she said and motioned where the table had food and drink along with plates and cutlery. Aria moved to the door and called out " foods ready, come eat before its all gone" she said smiling to both men.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:35 pm

"I'll try to talk to him later," Robert told her. "I might be able to help him a bit. I'll try." Robert listened to Aria's opinion, and he nodded. "It isn't an easy choice, and I don't envy Angus and Ruby. I remember having to make the same choice where Teddy was concerned--Remus's boy. The Potters and the Weasleys desperately wanted to care for him, and I had some serious family issues of my own at the time. I had to let Teddy go. Fortunately, now that Teddy is an adult, we do see him quite often these days. We will support Ruby and Angus, regardless of their choices. The fact is that we will have to tighten security regardless."

When Ruby served up supper, Robert told Fabian he was taking the pictures to the main house to look at them and he promised to bring them back before Fabian headed back to Paris. Then he left.

"Angus," Marcus called him, "come inside, Mate. If we stay out here any longer, we're going to start freezing off body parts. You're supposed to be resting today anyway. Hiking around the yard in the sub zero weather is not good for you right now. Let's go in and get some supper." Angus hadn't really even noticed the cold, but when Marcus brought it up, Angus nodded. He went inside as Sam and Victor came down. Sam looked at Angus.

"Don't let her get in your head, Dad," he told Angus. "She's not worth it."

"She's not in my head," Angus replied. "I'm alright. I'm just tired."

"Come eat," Marcus told Angus, gesturing that he should take a place at the table. Angus nodded and sat down, and Marcus fixed him a plate that was a bit smaller than what Angus would normally eat.

"Thanks," Angus said, glad Marcus wasn't pushing him. Fabian sat down and fixed his plate.

"Smells delicious," Fabian said. "Angus, can we do anything to help you?"

"Depends," Angus replied.

"On what?"

"On what you can actually do."

"You have something in mind. What is it?" Fabian asked.

"It's not a good supper topic," Angus said. "We can discuss it after supper."

"Fine," Fabian nodded. "These are great burgers, Ruby. I'm glad you asked me to...."

"Angus Donohue," A voice called from the floo. Angus jumped, not recognizing the voice. Marcus got up and went over to the fireplace. He didn't recognize the face. Angus got up and went over to the floo.

"Who are you?" Angus asked.

"Hayden Hemlock, solicitor for Mr and Mrs. Thomas Gelding," he said.

"We have nothing to talk about," Angus said coldly. He was just about to shut the floo, when Hemlock spoke again.

"Oh, but we do," Hemlock said. "You've been served notice of their intention to contest your custody of their daughter, and, as such, if you read your copy of the paperwork, they have been granted visitation by the Wizengamot. They are fully entitled to see their precious baby girl, if you don't comply within the next 24 hours..."

"Oh, bite me," Angus snarled. "You'll hear from my attorney." He shut off the floo abruptly. Marcus looked at him, amused, and then he laughed.

"Bite me? I doubt that will impress him much," Marcus said.

"Well, he doesn't impress me either."

"What are you going to do?"

"Finish my supper,' Angus said, going back to the table."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:52 pm

Ruby smiled to Fabian as he thanked her for the food she was about to reply when a voice made her jump and drop her spoon " gods damn it" She said it also made Caprice cry and she moved to pick her up soothing her once more " stupid loud mouthed man" she mumbled to her self pausing when she heard him talk about them wanting to see Diamond. She looked to Angus and chuckled as he spoke and then closed the floo" I thought Robert blocked the floo's? How did he get threw" she asked looking to Marcus. But it was Aria who stood up and shut off the floo's again locking them so nobody could get threw to them unless they were part of the organisation.

"I'll unlock it tomorrow" she said sitting back down to eat her food " for now it can stay locked" she said looking to Marcus knowing Angus didn't need that stress while he was eating. Aria finished her food and took her plate to the kitchen and washed it placing it into the washer. Ruby finally got Caprice back to her nap and lay her back down in the pen. Laying her down she walked back to the table and ate her food.

" your right Angus that man is an absolute idiot" she said taking a drink of her soda as he ate her burger.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:07 am

"Robert only blocked the floos from being used for transportation, for people stepping through the floos. He deliberately did not block them from messages because those could be important," Marcus said. "Aria, I really wouldn't do that if I were you. We get a lot of emergency messages through those floos too. We'll leave them shut until after supper but then we need to open them again for messages, not for transportation. If we get more messages from strangers, I'll answer those floo calls because that can sometimes be part of my job too, to block a client from harassment."

"I'll take care of them myself," Angus said. "Otherwise, they'll just keep calling."

"You can't just take her to them, though," Sam frowned unhappily.

"The lawsuit does require me to allow visitation," Angus said quietly and calmly. "Let me handle it, okay? She'll be safe. I give you my word. Now, eat your supper, Sam."

"But what gives Gelding the right to just cause all kinds of hell here...." Sam was frustrated.

"Sam," Marcus said in a calm and steady tone. "Men like him don't need a right. If they have something they want, they just take it."

"I've got this, Sam," Angus said. "You don't have to trust the Geldings, and, in fact, you shouldn't. But you really should try to trust me."

"I do trust you, but, damn...!" Sam said.

"Sam, I've got it. Just relax. It'll be fine," Angus said. Sam sighed, but didn't say another word.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:15 am

Aria looked at Angus and nodded " all right I'll unlock it after we eat" she said and looked to Marcus she understood why he needed it open for others to contact him in emergencies. Ruby listened to Angus and nodded to him.

" I'll be at your side when you go" she said " I want to be there, I trust you hole heartedly but not them" she said finishing her food and drink before standing and moving to the kitchen where she washed up and  then checked the babies finding them sound asleep curled together and she smiled.

Aria finished and unlocked the floo's so messages could get threw just as Angus had asked her to before she sat down beside the playpen and picked up a crosswords puzzle book to work on leaving the men to talk and Angus to eat in peace. But Ruby walked over to him and hugged him from behind.

" if you want me to go, because she is my sister  and like you I don't want anything to happen to her or you." she said with the intent on going with them.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:33 am

"I understand," Angus said to Ruby. "I'm not just going to show up at the house with her. The paperwork doesn't specify the conditions, so I will be the one making those conditions, and if they want to see her, they'll either comply or they won't. It's pretty simple. And, believe me, I'm not going to make it easy on them, not at all."

"Well played," Marcus smiled approving of Angus's clever recognition that the lawyer had not make specifications, so Angus was going to take full advantage of it. "I'll help you in any way you need," Marcus told Angus.

"I appreciate that," Angus said, yawning. He wasn't entirely done with his supper, but he was getting tired. "If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go hit the shower." He went upstairs. Marcus caught Sam and Victor both watching Angus carefully as he went upstairs.

"He's fine," Marcus said to the boys when Angus went into the bathroom. "He's just tired. This morning's mission was tough for him. The best he could do for himself is go to bed early and get some real sleep. Give him some space, Guys."

"We're stuck on our dragon puzzle," Sam sighed.

"I keep telling you that part does not go there," Victor scowled at Sam.

"How do you know? You've never seen a real dragon either," Sam scowled right back at Victor.

"Boys, go ask Robert if he has a book on lizard anatomy over at the farm. If he does, we'll go get it," Marcus laughed. The boys brightened as if it were a wonderful idea. They leaped up from the table, put on their coats and dashed out the door to go to the main house.

"You do realize that I did that to get them out of the house for a few minutes," Marcus told Ruby, 'but now that I've said it, I'll have to take them to the farm. I can't imagine Robert doesn't have a book on reptile anatomy in four floors of books."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 67 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top