A Birth day - Page 17
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 17 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 17 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:08 am

Ruby entered chuckling, self and saw Evan with a sleeping Caprice she quietened down and walked over to him "How she's never fallen asleep like that before, do you want to take her to her room" she asked him smiling " Coz I am guessing your her favourite uncle." she said picking up some dirty plates left on the table and moving them to the kitchen sink.

Aria heard Marcus and chuckled "Well in my dove form I can fly too, so I could technically land on his back but I not gonna seeing as he'd eat me for lunch." she said with a chuckle " But watching them fly is a lot more graceful and peaceful," she said tossing the toy back into the sky for him to fetch once more. " what about we try the swimming one, it would be magnificent to watch him from the porch of our cottage once it's in place." she said and looked at the enlarged pond that sat not far from them. " how long did they say befoe we can move in?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:26 pm

"Faith was born with some tummy troubles that made her extra cranky most of the time for the first few months," Evan told Ruby. "Tara and I spent a lot of time walking the floor and trying to soothe this squalling baby that was always on meltdown, so it takes a lot to rattle either of us when a little one is fussy. It just really doesn't bother us much. I'll take her up. It won't take a moment." He took the baby upstairs and put her in her crib and came back down.

"How'd you get her to settle in her crib for her nap?" Angus asked. "She always naps easier for me if I put her in her playpen down here a lot faster than putting her in her crib."

"She was in a deep sleep, so she didn't begin to come conscious," Evan smiled. "And I just generally don't fiddle them around much when I'm putting them in the crib. The less of a deal that I make it, the quicker they seem to settle. Oh, not to change subjects, but I sent the girls' things to Rosaria and Carlo, and I also had Rosaria send a change of clothes and a pair of pajamas for each girl to our house in case they want to stay overnight with Evie and Faith. They can sleep in our guest room if they want. We put the clothes in the top drawer in the dresser in the guest bedroom. So, they have their rooms in Edward's house or they have at least enough that they can get through an overnight at our place. They're welcome any time, of course. Rosaria was going to make sure everything was put away properly at Edward's, so I think they're going to be in good shape to start school when it starts for them in a couple days."

"Thank you," Angus said. "I appreciate that."

"And, Rosaria is sending supper for everyone here in the duplex tonight, so you won't need to cook. She's been braising a fabulous pork ragu for us."

"God, she makes outstanding ragu, and she always serves it over a really lovely cheesy polenta."

"That's exactly what she's making. She's sending a beautiful caprese salad, and a Sicilian orange cake for dessert," Evan said.

"She's spoiling us," Angus said. "I should put a couple bottles of wine in the fridge to chill."

"I did already," Evan said. "I set aside a Beaujolais to go with the ragu, and one of Edward's nicest prosecos to go wtih the cake."

"Perfect," Angus nodded. "Hopefully we'll get the evening off tonight."

"That's because you haven't been to bed yet," Evan said.

"I'm fine. I'll be right as rain in the morning," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:30 pm

Ruby chuckled now knowing whitch side she got her temper from " ah nice to know which side of the family she gets that from" she said and chuckled as she watched Evan walk up to Caprices nursary and put her in the crib. She looked up as Angus spoke to Evan as he returned with out hearing her cry out when placed down in her crib.

She listened to Angus and smiled " I agree you are her favorate uncle " she sadded with a chuckle. Hearing him mention he'd sent the girls things ober o the house she nodded when Angus thanked him for doing that " Yes , I had forgot about doing that , thank you" she said smiling. she heard him say Rosaria had sent food over and she was glad as she'd not even had time to think about cooking anything for any one as she knew Angus had not ether. " oh I know thats going to be good." she said .
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:12 pm

"It's amazing," Evan said to Ruby. "It's one of my favorites. It's one of the first meals I remember having at Edward's."

"You don't remember Gran cooking?" Angus asked.

"Not really," Evan said. "Was she a good cook?"

"She was phenomenal," Angus said.

"You've had some of Angus's cooking," Edward said. "He didn't learn everything from cooking school. Your grandmother was a wonderful cook. Angus, you might have to make some of her recipes."

"I could. I guess I just didn't realize he didn't remember," Angus replied.

"What's the first thing you remember her making?" Edward asked Angus.

"Spaghetti," Angus said. That made Edward laugh. "Why is that funny?" Angus asked.

"Because I remember what a mess you used to make of trying to twirl your spaghetti when you were really little. You wore more of it than you ate," Edward laughed. "Your grandmother wanted to cut it for you, and you didn't want her to cut it. It always made you angry because you knew it was supposed to be long. So I told her to leave it long and let you learn how to eat it."

"And he made a mess?"

"Colossal mess. I told your grandmother I was going to just hose him off with the garden hose, and she called me a heathen, as I recall," Edward laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:30 pm

Ruby smiled hearing the guys talking about cooking and when Angus first learned to cook. " oh realy , do tell" she said walking over with a cup of fresh made coffee for every one as she handed it out . Hearing Edward mention he'd made a mess when younger she laughed. " I'm glad Caprice takes after you, but if shes good in the kitchen, please teach her some of your Grand mothers recipies Im sure she would be glad they are being passed to the next generation." she said as she sat down smiling as she cupped her mug and took a sip as they continued making her laugh again "Well not much changed there, you still wash down with a garden hose. " she said and chuckled.

Aria had sat back and listened glancing over at Marcus as he sat quiet. " so do you have anything you learned from your mother?" she asked " apart from being a gentelman?" she asked softly hearing the others laughing.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:49 pm

"My mother is a highly intelligent woman," Marcus said. "In some ways, she is quite a lot like Michael. She loves classical literature and classical music and opera. I learned to have a keen appreciation of those things from her. She first introduced me to chess and backgammon, and she taught me to know the differences from one blend of coffee from another, and how to select a good blend of coffee and how to brew it properly. And, she was actually the first person to show me how to fly a broom. She was on the quidditch team in her time at Hogwarts, and she still is wicked fast, even at her age."

"Your uncle Sean was on the same team as Marcus's mother," Edward told Angus. "I was at some of those quidditch games. And Marcus's mother was a marvelous flyer. She started as a beater, and they made her a seeker when the team's seeker took a bad spill off his broom, and she did a damned good job for them."

"How were they on the same team?" Angus asked.

"Same house. Sean was a Ravenclaw."

"Just out of curiosity, what house was my father?"

"Need you ask? He was a Slytherin. That was one the hat got right," Edward said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:58 pm

Aria sat and listened to him talk and smiled "Sound like she was quite the woman, " she said then listened as Edward spoke saying his mother was a Ravenclaw, " so was I" she said and chuckled " I would have love to see her fly, if she was that good." Aria said but looked at Marcus when he was told his father was Sytherin. "Some sytherins aren't all bad, but what made you say that?" she said to Edward taking Marcus's hand gently in her own and smiling before siting back in her chair.

Sipping her coffee she reheated it as she listened to them talking Ruby finished her mug and moved to the kitchen she quickly made sure all was clean and ready for the next meal as she placed some clothing in the wash and placed some mugs back on the rack for their next use.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:12 pm

"She still is," Marcus smiled. "She doesn't get a chance to do a lot of it because of taking care of my kids and working at Honeydukes, but to hear her tell it, she says she was never happier."

"My father was the Slytherin," Angus said, "not Jonathan Belby. And my mother was one of the most self centered people I have ever known."

"Slytherin. That's how she met your father," Edward said to Angus, "Think a young female Lucius Malfoy. Lots of selfishness, lots of dark ideas, not a lot of drive. That was Angus's mother."

"My father was a Gryffindor," Marcus said. "He loved reading and studying like a Ravenclaw, but he has always been a fierce fighter and an adventurer. He would have made a really lousy Slytherin."

"Well, look there," Edward smiled, pointing to the window, as huge snowflakes fell outside. "The first snow of the season. I don't remember seeing that in the weather forecast."

"It isnt supposed to last except until about noon or so tomorrow," Angus said. "it's going to be a bit warmer tomorrow, so it'll melt off." He got up and went to the patio door, looking at the snow outside. Finn pawed at the door, wanting to go out and play in it. Angus hesitated, feeling the dog might well race through the yard where the pack was still recovering, and he didn't want to cause any chaos for those members of the pack who were sick.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:22 pm

Aria sat and listened to Edward describe Angus's father and could not help but shiver at the thought. " wow, I've heard of the Malfoy's , bad bunch that lot" she said then looked at Angus "Glad you took after your mum Angus" she looked to Marcus as he said his father was a Griffindoor and smiled " so that's where you get your brave side from and your love of antique things" she said smiling to him "I look forward to meeting both of them, for sure" she smiled to him.

Aria and Ruby looked out the window as Angus pointed out the first snow that drifted passed the glas " ow it will be so beautiful" Ruby said and Aria shivered as she watched it drift downward to rest on the ground .

"yeah and so cold too" she added picking up a log and placing it in the fireplace to make the room warmer. we should make sure they have extra blankets and that the fire are wel stocked." she ahd just finished when Jack raced past the duplex over to one of the fires and threw several logs on it while Jess and Yu were not far behind with armfulls of blankets " hum, seems Jessie and the others are on it" she said with a soft chuckle.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:38 pm

"I'm glad you never met them, Aria," Angus said. "James turned both my parents into werewolves because they all worked for Tom Gelding. I am very glad I was raised by Edward and my grandmother."

"It looks like the crew outdoors has things well in hand. Snow or not, they've got this running like a well oiled machine," Edward said. "If they need more help, they'll let us know. I would think our kiddos will be home from work soon if they can end their day on time. They haven't been to bed either, so I'm sure they're probably hungry, cold and tired. Hopefully Jack lets them go on time. And if Jessie and Yulong keep working, maybe they'll let Cris come here and get some supper with the rest of us."

"Maybe one of us should go ask Jessie," Angus said.

"Looks like Sergio might already be on it," Edward said, seeing Sergio heading over to talk to Jessie.

"Jessie," Sergio asked, "do you have any objection to Cris coming to Edward's for supper? I don't know what they're cooking but I know they will surely cook, and I know it's cold and Cris has been out here all day. Angus's will be warm and will have a hot meal, I'm sure. We'll be happy to make sure he gets some supper and maybe some cocoa to warm up with."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 100 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top