A Birth day - Page 58
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 58 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 58 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 58 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 12, 2024 1:51 am

Ruby smiled and nodded as Robert said the choice was a good one then winced as he told Angus he'd rather work on him alive with a buggered shoulder than dead at the bottom of the cliff " it was and I agree" she said and looked to Angus giving him a smile. Aria sat and listened to them all talk and heard every word he had said.

"So would that mean I'd have to at some point do this training too, to become a first stringer?" she asked curious to know if she indeed needed to complete the training" because I don't mind doing it" she said and looked to Marcus. " got to know if I'm staying long term" she said and smirked at him knowing she really was staying and not going any place.

Lucian looked at Robert and chuckled " count me in as a climber, I've climbed with Michael before on several occasion's, and by the sounds of it you need dedicated climbers." he said and stepped forward and closer to Robert. " I might be ministry but kids come first always." he told him . " and I saw a lot of kids in that refuge camp." he emphasised the word Refuge to show as far as he was concerned that's what it was and would be reported as not a werewolf camp nor who was within the camp.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 12, 2024 3:19 am

"We can discuss that," Robert told Ruby, "but, you deserve to have some sort of recognition of the training you had at the ministry when you worked there, and you have had the organization training, and some additional training with Owen. That being said, you are relatively new at some of the missions work, so I think you should go on the missions with the first stringers and get some experience under your belt. And, do partner with each of the first stringers. For example, Jack has a different style of it than Angus does. Jack uses muscle and strength. Angus's style is speed. Marcus' style is different--he uses a very quick speed of thinking and reacting. Everyone does it different, and if you're going to be a first stringer you'll develop your own style. Your style comes from working the cases and finding what makes it successful for you."

"The part he's not telling you is that he believes that training should continue, that we can always benefit from more training in something or another," Marcus told Ruby.

"Well, yes, there is that," Robert said, "but I figured she knew that. She's been here long enough to know that." He looked at Lucian. "Alright. You want to go as a second climber tomorrow, that's fine with me. It'll maybe keep Angus from trying to do it with that shoulder tomorrow anyway."

"You're acting like I don't follow orders."

"You don't," Robert laughed. "You don't take the time for 'em. You act first and ask about the damned orders later."

"Only because you trust me to do it," Angus said, and Robert laughed and nodded.

"That I do, Lad," he laughed. He did hear Lucian's remark about the refuge camp. "Thank you, Lucian. At least by classifying it as a refuge, you're at least willing to recognize them as humans. You know that the minister still can't see to change the classification, to recognize them as humans with an illness that is, as yet, uncurable. He insists we keep the classification that they are beasts, so I rather felt that Kate's licensure to keep magical creatures, would keep us covered if we needed it. But I do appreciate, far more, having people around me that are willing to acknowledge the reality and the science of it that they are people first."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 12, 2024 7:27 pm

Ruby and Aria both listened to Robert and Aria stood up walking a little towards him " so how do we do this training, do I submit a formal request?" she asked " or do I just work with the others and gain knowledge from working with them?" she asked as Ruby moved to sit with Caprice and Diamond.

Lucian listened and nodded then chuckled as he spoke about Angus " oh a act fast and ask later guy, I get it" he said and chuckled " man after my own heart." he chuckled again as Angus spoke and he heard Robert laugh too. Now looking at Robert as he spoke about his mention of the camp and how he used the term Refugee camp. Lucian nodded to Robert " that's what they are, they're like us, any one see's them different are just small minded in that aspect." he told Robert " its why I take on the sensitive jobs at the ministry." he added "but I do have to say that extra training sounds interesting" he said hinting he was interested in joining Roberts organisation but as an undercover man in the ministry.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:38 pm

"As I said, going with others on missions and learning as you go can provide valuable training," Robert told them. "I think we have enough missions work that all of you that want more training could do that for now instead of us taking fighters away from the work we already have. You can partner with Jack and Jessie, or partner with Owens or the team in Paris, or maybe, we could ask if there's any work to be had with some of Lee's men. I'd prefer we not do a lot of the latter right now until we handle some of the business that Tom and Suzanne are stirring up for us right now. Lucian, I am never opposed to a new team member or ally, but let's discuss it after tomorrow's cave exploration, shall we? I really do need to get back now. I'll see you all in the morning."

He bid them all goodnight, and he returned to the main building.

The next morning, Angus was up early, largely because he hadn't slept well. He showered and dressed and came downstairs, his shoulder now stiff and achy today. He fed Finn and let him out, brought in the papers and then made fresh coffee and tea. He poured himself a fresh mug of coffee just as there was a soft knock on the door.

Angus opened the door, and he saw Zoe there with a large basket.

"'Morning, Boss. Good to see you. I've got your breakfast delivery," she smiled.

"I appreciate it, Zoe," he smiled, "but I told Robert I didn't want to put you out."

"It's no trouble at all," she smiled, "besides, I get to see you once in awhile that way. Your coffee smells incredible."

"It's a fresh pot, but it's also a great new dark roast. How about I get you some in a travel mug for you to take with you."

"Oh, now its my turn to not want to put you out."

"It's no trouble. Come in." She stepped in, and he put the basket on the table and got out a travel mug. "If you like it, let me know," Angus said. "You're not putting me out because I'm really not sure the women here like my coffee. I get up early, make a fresh, big pot, and then they get up, throw out the pot I just made, and make fresh. They frustrate the snot out of me every darned morning. I have no idea why they do it, but the last couple days, I've made only a cup or two because its a waste of money and coffee both."

"I might have a solution," she smiled. "I'll let you know though. Thanks. I'd better get back. The early morning runners will be back any time now."

"Okay. Thanks again, Zoe," he said.

"Oh, and Kate said I am to tell you that Fudge and that female bowtruckle seem to be doing well. Kate seems to think she saw two teensy tiny new bowtruckles in Fudge's tree last night."

"Really?" Angus was impressed at the idea that Fudge might have a family of his own finally. "Poor Fudge was the saddest creature I'd ever seen in my life when we first found him. That would be wonderful if he had a family finally."

"She thought you'd be pleased. And, she's packing a climbing lunch for you all--whatever that is," she told him.

"Oh, good. Then I won't need to do it. She likes to make lunches that climbers can eat, even if they're in the middle of a climb."

"While you're hanging off the side of a mountain?" she frowned.

"Wouldn't be the first time I dangled from a harness and had a piece of beef jerky in my mouth," he laughed. "Thank her for me?"

"Will do," she said. "See you later." She took her mug of coffee and headed back to the main house. Angus unpacked the basket and found a large breakfast casserole that had eggs, potatoes, sausage and cheese, a baked oatmeal casserole that had fresh berries in it, and a large platter of a variety of fresh baked breakfast pastries. It would be a filling, healthy breakfast.

He sipped on his coffee and started making a list of equipment to root out and pack for today's mission. Sam and Victor came downstairs, dressed in jeans, with turtlenecks, and then plaid flannel work shirts over top. They had sneakers on, and they went and poured themselves coffee, emptying the small pot of coffee Angus had made. Sam put on a new pot.

"Can we get a new door today?" he asked Angus.

"Oh. Yeah. Sure," Angus nodded. "I almost forgot about that. I'll order one this morning before we go, and maybe it'll be here by the end of the day." He wrote a note and sent it through the floo to the builders, asking for a new door. As he sent his note through, another note came through to him. He opened it.

It was from the biggest, most expensive wizarding law firm in England. He opened it, and he saw that he was being sued by Tom and Suzanne, for millions and millions of galleons, more money than he and Edward had if it was all put together, accusing him of keeping their daughter from them.

"Can we help you with something? You seem preoccupied," Victor said.

"I have a lot to do," Angus said, gathering himself together. "I have equipment to bring upstairs and pack for all of us that are going on a mission this morning, and I have to take the girls to Evan's, all before 8 am."

"Let us help," Sam said. "Give us the list, and we'll start looking for the stuff."

"That would be great," Angus said. He handed them the list of equipment and backpacks to look for, and he tucked the envelope with the notification of the lawsuit in the drawer in the desk, making a note to talk to Robert later this morning. He saw no sense in alarming anyone else with this news.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:43 pm

Aria walked down and looked at Sam and victor with Angus as they spoke to each other around the kitchen she also saw Zoe in the kitchen making up a travel mug before she left with it. It was now Lucian ported in and knocked at the now open door .

"he guys" he said smiling but he paused haring Angus talk to the boys " well I could get the girls to your brothers no problems " he said " not like I haven't ported before" he added a chuckle as he looked at Angus " I'll be on my best behaviour, I promise" he then walked over and pored some coffee for himself.

Ruby woke and dressed before he walked to the nursery and checked Caprice and Diamond finding both ready for a change and dress. Now with both girls clean and dressed she carried them down to the living room. "Morning" she said with a smile as she placed them into the play pen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:59 pm

Marcus came downstairs, up and dressed, ready to go cave exploring. The boys disappeared downstairs, and Sam came up a moment later.

"Dad? Small issue. The girls aren't up yet," he told Angus. Angus sighed and rolled his eyes.

"One moment, Lucian," Angus said. He went over to the cabinet, got out two large drinking glasses and filled them with ice.  "Tuck into breakfast, All. Zoe brought a great breakfast. Lucian, help yourself too if you're hungry. I'll be right back," Angus told everyone else. He went downstairs, and in less than a minute Marcus and Sam heard two loud shrieks downstairs.

"Well, they're up now," Marcus grinned.

"Do you suppose he..." Sam began, looking at Marcus.

"I don't suppose so, I know so," Marcus laughed. "Mark my words. They will be dressed and upstairs in 60 seconds or less now." Angus came back upstairs.

"What'd you say to 'em?" Sam asked Angus.

"Me? I never said a word," Angus replied. "Go fix your plate. I need to talk to my brother this morning, Lucian, when I drop the girls off, but you're welcome to come along. When I let Finn out, the skies looked like there could be some more nasty winter weather coming in from the East, so we could run into some touchy weather porting across to Italy."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:25 pm

Ruby watched Angus take two cups of ice water and head down she chuckled having a feeling she'd know exactly what he was up to. Lucian watched and picked up his cup as he heard the screams he spat out his coffee over the counter and turned to look at the stairs as Angus returned . Picking up a cloth he wiped down the sprayed coffee off it then placed it in the wash basket.

Hearing Angus mention the weather could turn he nodded "sure , twos better for stability any way" he said with a chuckle glancing at the stairs as he waited for the girls. Aria chuckled hearing Lucian then laughed as she heard the screams from below once Agus hand headed down. She looked to Lucian and nodded.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 12, 2024 11:50 pm

The girls made their way upstairs only a moment or two later, dressed and ready for the day, but they were obviously angry with Angus.

"Manners," Angus prompted them.

"Good morning," they both said to everyone, as they sat down at the table and fixed their plates. Edward and Simone arrived, and they greeted everyone as they sat down at the table. Angus sat down finally and fixed his plate, preferring a square of the baked oatmeal casserole, and a slice of pumpkin bread from the pastry plate. It was pretty light but also going to be very nutritious, a good breakfast for a climber. He hadn't gotten a chance to actually eat yet when there was a knock on the door. Robert came in, bringing a basket with him.

"Kate was overly ambitious this morning. She made lunch bundles for all of you," he said, "whether you're climbing or not. They should hold you all day. They have lunch and snacks inside, but she presumes you'll either take canteens or some bottles of water."

"Correct," Angus said. "We really appreciate it. I'll try to take care of either supper tonight or breakfast tomorrow."

"Don't worry about it," Robert waved his concerns aside. "I've got her convinced to let me order out fish and chips from the Leaky for everyone."

"Alright, so who is this woman and what did you do with the real Kate?" Marcus teased, knowing Kate didn't like Robert eating greasy fish and chips. It made Robert laugh. Angus went over and opened the desk drawer, got out the envelope, and took it to Robert and gave it to him. Robert opened the envelope and took out the thick packet of legal papers and scanned the front page.

"Horseshit," Robert said angrily. He looked at Angus. "Don't you give this half a moment's thought. I don't care who they think they are, we won't be intimidated."

"We? What's with the we? This is me," Angus frowned. Edward got up and went over and took the papers from Robert and looked at them.

"We, Lad. I know my pronouns. This isn't you. It's we. Your name is on the paper, but you work for me."

"Well, they can't take what you don't have," Edward told Angus. "Don't stress about it this morning while you're on your mission. I'll work on it, alright? Expensive doesn't mean better. Let me deal with it, and I'll let you know. We're not giving Gelding a single farthing. Mark my words."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:33 am

Ruby heard Angus and chuckled as the girls came up from their room she could clearly see they were angry at Angus " morning girls" she said smiling at them as they got their breakfast. It was now she heard Angus and Robert talking and sighed but it was Lucian who spoke up from where he sat.

" them again?" he said then listened to Robert " he has a point" he said poring a second cup of coffee " by the way, coffee is great, better than what we get at the ministry, way better." he said and sipped his cup. " and right now the geldings are just blowing smoke" he added as he looked from Robert to Angus " hope I'm not over stepping my place" he said as Aria chuckled and grabbed some food .

"I'll hang with Jack I think their still working on the barn today " Aria said and chuckled as he sat down to eat her food. Lucian picked up a piece of toast and nibbled on it as he listened more.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:50 am

"So you all know," Edward said, "Tom and Suzanne have launched a lawsuit specifically against Angus for the paultry sum of 300 million galleons. That's 1 and a half billion pounds for you who can do the conversion to pounds, or just about 2 billion dollars if your brain thinks American."

"What!" Sam was wide eyed. "She's gone off her nut completely, she has. I'll choke her. She doesn't get to just keep mucking with my...."

"Calm," Marcus said in a purposely quiet, calm voice.

"On what grounds?" Victor asked.

"Apparently they say I have continued to harass them and cause them extreme mental cruelty, causing severe psychological damage to Suzanne," Angus said.

"Well, that's just a load of manure," Victor replied.

"Of course it is," Robert said.

"I don't happen to have 300 million galleons just lying about either," Angus sighed.

"It's a scare tactic," Edward said. "Or insanity on her part."

"She just wants Diamond back," Sam shrugged.

"And you two," Angus told him and Victor.

"Well, now she is barking," Victor said. "We're not children anymore. She can't make us do a damned thing."

"Her? Probably forgot our birthdates. She never remembered them when we were kids, so why would she remember them now?" Sam scowled. "I have an idea, Vic. Let's do as she asks. Let's go visit the hussy..."

"No, now,..." Angus began. Victor looked at Sam, and he got a devious look on his face.

"Oh dear. The boys just sprouted devil horns and tails to match," Marcus said, seeing the scheming looks on both Sam's and Victor's faces.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 58 of 100 Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top