A Birth day - Page 59
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 59 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 59 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 59 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:10 am

Ruby looked at the boys as did Lucian who smirked " wondered where the sulphur smell was coming from" he said with a chuckle " their not thinking anything we wouldn't do at their age" he added and quickly ate his toast. He knew Angus was their dad and they would not do anything with out his say so " besides I can have some one watch them, if they go first signs of trouble we get them out" he said as he stood up from the stool he was sat on and brushed crumbs off his trousers.

Aria chuckled and shook her head " she's defiantly gone off the deep end if she wants that much" she said picking up her plate and taking it to the dishwasher. Walking back she picked up Diamond and sat her in a highchair accioing a bowl with some baby food in she gave her her breakfast while Ruby fetched Caprice and fed her too, but Caprice wanted to do it herself. " she's not getting penny, if any one is mentally scared its poor Diamond " she said as Caprice grabbed the spoon and guided it to her mouth so she could eat since Ruby was taking too long feeding her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:29 am

"Listen, Boys," Robert laughed, "I am quite sure that both of you, on the same team, could put Fred and George Weasley to complete shame, but..."

"Who are they?" Sam frowned. Victor picked up his cloth napkin and swatted him with it.

"Never read your magical history books, did you?" Victor sighed.

"Why should I?" Sam asked. Robert flicked his finger at the newspaper, and the paper levitated and flew over to Sam and slapped him on the head.

"How did he graduate?" Robert asked Angus.

"No clue," Angus replied. "I'm gonna put that damned door back on their room, I swear."

"For what end?" Edward asked.

"I'm gonna have the door just fart on him repeatedly until he reads and learns his magical history," Angus said.

"You'll have to find him a fireproof book because he'll just claim the door farted on his homework," Robert said. The boys finished their breakfasts and picked up Angus's list again and excused themselves to go gather the gear. "How about, just for today, you let Edward and I deal with this lawsuit so you can focus on your mission?"

"By all means," Angus said. "Girls, are you packed to go to Evan's? With plenty of potion today, just in case?"

"Yes," Ginger said. "We're ready to go whenever you are. Oh, Faith and Evie asked if we could stay the weekend so we could study for our first big exam that comes on Monday morning."

"I'll talk to Evan about it when we get there," Angus said. "Go get your things, and wear your heavy winter coats. It's going to be very windy and very cold this morning." They got up and went to get their things and their coats, and Angus got his coat.

"You'll like Evan, I think," Marcus told Lucian. "One of Angus's younger brothers. He just took the initial training this summer, but he's a really good guy, and he's always willing to join in any mission that's offered to him so he can learn. You need any heavy winter gear to port to Italy and back? I know you weren't counting on porting this morning."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:36 am

Lucian chuckled as Robert and Angus spoke to the boys about leaving the Geldings to them and the boys agreed " ah sensible choice boys trust me." he said and smiled at them but looked surprised when Sam said he didn't know about Fred and George Weasley. He looked to Angus and shook his head then laughed as Angus said he was going to put the monster door back on.

Once the boys had gone to start the list he heard Marcus and nodded " I'm good not like were stopping for long, besides " he paused pulling out a small duffel coat he held it up " always prepared" he said and smiled " I was a boy scout" he added as he waited for the girls " if he's related to Angus I'm sure I will , might pick his brains on the training while I'm there, if you think he'll let me that is?" he looked to Angus then to Robert as they waited.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:52 am

"Certainly," Robert nodded.

"You can ask anything you want," Angus said, putting on his heavier winter coat. The girls shouldered their messenger bags that they had packed to go to Tuscany, and Edward picked up four of Kate's lunch bundles.

"Here. Take these. Lunch for you both and Faith and Evie. Have a picnic someplace outside. Carlo will do a warming charm on the grounds somwhere if you need it," Edward told them.

"Thank you," Ginger smiled and kissed Edward on the cheek.

"Thanks," Anise smiled.

"Let's go," Angus said, and Anise took hold of his good hand. Ginger took hold of Anise's hand, hoping that Anise wouldn't drop her on the way, and she looked at Lucian and reached for his hand, as Angus drew out his portkey.

In a moment, they were standing on the sidewalk that led from the main house to the other smaller houses on the grounds. It was sunny and gorgeous here. The grass was green, and there wasn't a speck of snow anywhere. It was chilly, just ten degrees C, but not frigid like England was right now. Compared to England, Italy felt almost balmy by comparison.

"This is Edward's estate," Angus told Lucian as Anise let go of his hand. "The big house is Edward's. That's where I lived for most of my childhood. My parents' house is gone. It burned down a year or two ago. Evan's place is over there." Angus pointed to Evan's house that looked a good deal more rustic by comparison. "Evan and Tara have always prefered a more simple and rustic look, somwhere between Edward's classical Italian style and my log cabin style."

The girls were on their way over to Evan's already, so Angus fell into step behind them. When they got to the door, Anise just opened it and she and Ginger went in.

"We're here!" Anise called.

"Good morning," Evan came out from the dining room. "Oh, hi, Angus. I didn't expect you this morning."

"Evan, this is Lucian," Angus introduced them. "He's a new friend for our organization. He's an auror, and he knows pretty much everything."

"Any friend of Angus's is a friend of ours. Pleasure to meet you," Evan said.

"Suzanne is trying to sue his ass off," Anise told Evan.

"Who?" Evan frowned.

"Dad," Anise said. "for 300 thousand galleons."

"Oh, good god. She doesn't even have any cheese on her cracker anymore, Brother," Evan said. "Look I'll get in touch with Edward..."

"I'll handle it when I get a chance..." Angus began.

"With all due respect. You're the organization's swashbuckler, and we all know it. I'm a business man. This is my speciality. You do what you do, and I'll do what I do. Fair enough?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:03 am

Lucian saw the girls return and enlarged his coat slipping it on he zipped it up and held onto Gingers hand " my lady" he said offering his hand for her to take and chuckled when she did he tool hold of Angus Jacket as they were ported out.

Arriving Lucian looked around and chuckled " wow nice" he said as they walked and Angus explained. As they walked he saw people smile and wave to Angus and he smiled too noting it was a warm welcome with no sign of being forced. Seeing the girls walk to a building and open the door he followed behind Angus. He smiled and shook Evens hand when he was introduced to him " nice to meet you " he said and let them talk he could see the girls with two other girl he took to be Faith and Hope. " Robert said you just finished the extra training , anything you can tell some one whose thinking about doing it?" he said hoping he would pick up that he was willing to join he organisation.

Ruby finished feeding Caprice and wiped her face then placed her back in the pen to play for a little bit " I was thinking we could try bathing the two of them today, I don't think Diamonds had a bath other than when Angus cleaned her up after her first blow out " Ruby suggested to Aria who nodded to her .

" have to be later when I'm done at the barn but sure we can both do that" Aria said and looked to Edward " unless you want to help?" she asked chuckling.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:18 pm

"I'm afraid I'm a new recruit," Evan told Lucian. "I had the initial training over the summer, and one of the summer survival training weekends, but that's about all I've had. I can tell you that there is a requirement for all fighters to do a run at least five days a week, but most of them run before daylight and are out on the running track by five or five thirty in the morning and back by six or six thirty. There's an obstacle course the most of the first stringers run at least once a week, and it seems to be enchanted to adjust to meet the needs of whoever it is that's running it. I don't think Robert values one skill area over another, but he does look for agility, speed, accuracy, and people who are team players."

"Overall fitness is important," Angus said, "but Evan's right. Agility, speed, accuracy are more important in Robert's book. And loyalty. I'd say those are the most important things."

"I would agree," Evan said. Angus happened to glance at the stack of newspapers, and one of them had a photo of a face that made Angus' blood run ice cold. He picked up the paper and looked at the nameplate. It was the Wizards' Voice--the American wizarding newspaper, and the front page, towards the bottom, was a story that the House of Voodoo in New Orleans had a new owner, a woman who had fairly recently legally changed her name to Madame Marie Laveau, but they didn't know what her name had been before it had been changed. Angus knew the name all too well--it was Priscilla Jeanmard. Angus had thought she was in prison in New York without much of a chance of release. So how had she gotten out, and when, and what the heck was she up to? And did it, at all, have anything to do with Suzanne's new weirdness? Angus wanted to know."

"Angus? Something wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost." Evan said.

"Maybe I did. Can I have your paper?"

"Of course," Evan said. "I rarely read some of those anyway."

"Thanks," Angus said, tucking the paper in the pocket inside his coat.

"Oh, did the girls tell you that Evie and Faith invited them to stay the weekend?" Evan asked.

"Yes. It's fine with us, of course," Angus said.

"The girls are considering going to a muggle movie theater. Any objections? Carlo and I would go with them."

"Since you're going? No. No objection at all," Angus said. "And I know Dennis wanted to come today to see Molly's grave. It's her birthday."

"Yeah, I remember. I have Carlo refreshing that this morning. When are you bringing him?"

"Probably sometime this afternoon. I have a mission to do with the others this morning, but then I'll be back with Dennis, I'm sure."

"Maybe you could make it at the end of their school day, after the tutor leaves. Beauxbatons' day normally ends at 4:30, but since there's just the four of them here, their day usually ends at 3:30. They don't take as many breaks, and they finish earlier."

"I'll do the best I can," Angus said.

"You should have Angus show you the family businesses, Lucian," Evan told him. "Tyler just bought a mating pair of Akhal-Teke's, and they're gorgeous. They just brought them yesterday. Tyler wants to breed them."

"Have you ever seen any Akhal Teke's?" Angus asked Lucian. "Their coats shimmer like gold. Edward has always wanted one, and it seems my brother Tyler has bought us two. We might have to look at them sometime today."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:15 pm

Lucian listened and nodded as Even spoke of what was expected of new recruits " well physical well being I can do" he said " we have to keep fit being an Auror as with early mornings too, the assault course seems a good idea might ask Marcus and try that tomorrow." he said then listened more glancing at Angus as Even spoke of showing him the family business. " I thought the business was your family Business?" he asked but knew there had to be more seeing the look on Angus's face.

Hearing about the Akhal Teke's he shook his head and looked at both of them " I'm more of a bird person" he said and chuckled " I guess if they are s rare as you say its a good thing you have a breeding pair." he added.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:49 pm

"They're two different courses, actually," Evan said. "The obstacle course lays just a bit southwest of the running course on Brian's estate. I really like the running track. It's paved and well lit and has several different opportunities for turn arounds to that you can run a shorter course if you're not up to a full run. The obstacle course is separate from it, and Robert changes the obstacles frequently so that it's always full of surprises. Gotta be on your toes for that one."

"The businesses are Edward's, in all honesty," Angus said.

"Angus is the heir apparent to all of it, the estate, the businesses, the whole kit and kaboodle," Evan said. "I run the day to day operations of the winery and the ship business, and Tyler runs the farm and the stables. Tyler and I are, for all practical purposes, middle management, and Angus functions like the president of all of it. And then, there's Edward--he serves as the CEO."

"Tyler takes care of the vineyards, the olive orchards, and the other crops and the horses, and then, when it comes to turning all of that fruit to wine and the olives to oil, and the rest of it, that falls under Evan's leadership," Angus said. "There still needs to be someone who heads the overall management of all those businesses, the investments, the taxes, and the financial trusts that keep it all afloat. That's my end of things, just like I'm the one that manages all of Robert's and Brian's financial affairs, their lands, their investments, the running of the estates, the organization, and all of those things."

"It's rather like Angus does all the big picture work, and Tyler and I handle the day to day operation of it," Evan said.

"Remind me when we come back, and we'll go see the new horses," Angus said. "Brian tells me there are fewer than 10,000 of them left, so I really would like to see them. However, work first, play later. Evan, would you order some appropriate flowers for Molly so things look good there later?"

"Oh, yes. I meant to talk to Tara about that. She was considering that," Evan nodded. "Consider it done."

"Let's get back," Angus suggested to Lucian, reaching to port them both back.

Marcus had finished packing the backpacks for the day's cave exploring, and he had tucked in the lunches, the climbing gear, helmets with bright headlamps, compasses, pocket patch kits, some shrunken blankets, canteens filled with water, and he'd laid out some climbing suits, gloves, and good boots.

When Angus arrived back in the living room, he saw all the gear Marcus had packed for them.

"It looks like we're going to be gone for a week," Angus teased.

"Hardly," Marcus laughed. "this is barely enough for the mission at hand. Still, Michael's on his way over, so we'd better suit up. I found five caving suits, but they're all different colors. Hopefully that's enough for anyone here who is going. I presumed the others will get their own gear from the armory. Oh, Lucian hasn't seen either armory yet, has he?" He gestured to the suits. There were one piece suits, one each in red, yellow, orange, blue and green. "Take your pick," Marcus said. Angus just rather randomly picked up the red suit.

"No, but he will, I'm sure," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:05 am

Lucian listened to Even and Angus talking and smiled as he herd both men talking about the family business " ah so this is a long family run business not like the other one of yours and Roberts " he said then heard Even talk of the assault courses and how they differ if Robert so wished them to be.

" will try that, the assault course " he said and chuckled walking with Angus to where they ported and waved to Even. Once back at the duplex he chuckled seeing the amount of things he saw laid out as they walked into the room. hearing Michael was on his way over he nodded " that's good " he said and looked at the suits pausing as Marcus. mentioned about some armoury " nope not seen that yet , it can wait
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:18 am

"Anyone who's going need to suit up," Angus called, in case either of the boys or Ruby or Aria intended on going. He put on the red caving suit, a pair of the boots, and picked up a pair of the gloves and a helmet. Marcus picked up the yellow suit and suited up, as Michael knocked on the door. Angus opened the door. Michael had on a caving suit that happened to be two tone. The top was yellow and the bottom was red. He had a backpack that was black with yellow trim, and it was well packed, with Hiss sticking out of the top because Michael had left some of the top unzipped a little.

"You lot ready?" Michael asked.

"Almost," Angus said, reaching for one of the packs.

"I'll carry one of the packs," Marcus said. "Let's not add any strain to your shoulder if we don't have to."

"Well, get a move on," Michael said. "Let's not make this an all day affair. As soon as you're geared up, then, let's get going up to the cave." Sam and Victor raced downstairs, and they each had caving suits already on. They were both green and yellow. "They look good, Lads. Good fit."

"We borrowed them from the armory," Victor told Angus.

"Good. Just be sure to return them when we get home," Angus nodded.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 59 of 100 Previous  1 ... 31 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 79 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top