A Birth day - Page 10
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 10 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 10 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 10 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:18 pm

Aria looked at the man opasite and smiled " pleasure" she said but when Marcus moved to fetch another she moved up to let Marcus sit back down and Lee slip in beside them sort of squashing her against Marcus not that she was complaining as she felt his heat against her. When Michale introduced the man she nodded " nice to meet you too Mr Shepard" she said smiling as she reatched around Marcus , her head resting against his chest as she shook Lee's hand. Staying pressed against Marcus she listened to Michael talk to the boys and nodded to them.

"think of it as a a second chance to make things right, okay" she said then took a sip of her soda and chuckled as the waitress glared at how she was sat with Marcus but smiled at him. She shook her head and picked up a frie from his plate and ate it . the waitress shook her head and placed down the cutlery hard on the table before turning and leaving.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:34 pm

The boys listened to Aria suggest it was a second chance and they nodded. They tucked into their burgers and fries.

"These really are great burgers," Hugo said. "You weren't kidding."

"What's a safehouse?" Archer asked.

"It's a house that's in a hidden location," Michael said. "You and your families will be safe there for a couple days while you get your wits about you."

"Are you both in school?" Lee asked.

"Nah. Wasn't for us," Hugo said. "Boring."

"Yeah, but nobody wants to hire us because they say we're still too young. We're almost sixteen, though."

"Almost, being the operative term," Michael said. "Technically, they're correct."

"We'll work something out for them. No worries," Lee said. Marcus knew what that meant. It meant Lee was more than likely going to either give them both a legitimate part time job, or he was going to insist they enrolled in school. Or both. Either way, they weren't going to be roaming the streets, nicking things anymore.

The boys finished their burgers and fries in half the time that it was going to take Marcus and Aria to eat. Marcus did remember being hollow and a fast eater when he had been that age, though too.

"If you both don't mind," Michael said to Aria and Marcus, "I'll take the boys to their families."

"It's fine by me," Marcus said. He looked at the boys. "Good luck, Guys. You've got a chance now to do the right thing. Make it count." Hugo nodded. Michael and Lee stood up and excused themselves and led the boys off to go meet their families. Marcus watched them go and then looked at Aria.

"Do you have any idea who Michael and Lee are and what they do?" Marcus asked her. He wasn't going to explain if she didn't need it, but since she would surely be seeing them again, he didn't want her not to know either.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:42 pm

Aria smiled and nodded when the boys said the burgers were good but stayed quiet until she had finished her food and wiped her mouth clean of the juices that had come from the burger. when she saw then stand and leave she smiled " good luck boys" she said smiling to the. Now alone with Marcus she head him ask if she knew who Michael and Lee were " um.. let me guess , michael is some sort of catburgler come super spy? and Lee runs some super secret part of the organisation?" she asked loking up at him . " with michael it was the way he dressed and held himself, all as if some one would take something from him, Lee was a bit more difficult so thats why I deduced he has something spy or super confidential related, besides I know if Robert trusts them , thats all that counts right." she said smiling at him from where he sat.

Smiling at him she pintched a frie from his plate again and chuckled " come on we should get back right and see how Roberts doing with the antidote, or do you want to tail the witch some more?" she added finishng his frie.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:58 pm

"Michael works in the Department of Mysteries," Marcus said. "And yes, he is very skilled in 'retrieving' things," Marcus said with a bit of a smile. "There's always something that's been taken that we need to get back, or something that we need to keep someone else from ever getting their hands on. There are very few places Michael can't get into or out of. He also works in extractions. If one of our agents gets in trouble on an assignment and can't get out, Michael is the one that gets called on to go in and extract them safely and get them home. He's Robert's best mate, so I'm sure you'll see him again.

"As for Lee, he is the President of Macusa--the Magical Congress of the United States. Basically, he's the equivalent of our Minister of Magic. He and Robert met some years ago, and they've been able to become friends. Lee showing up tonight tells me that Robert is placing the boys and their families in, for all practical purposes, a witness protection program and is asking Lee to take them to the US to give them new identities and find them a safe place to live. I think that's probably wise because Gelding has never had any interest in having much dealings with the Americans. Not sure why, but I think the boys will probably be safe there."

He listened to Aria asking if they should get back or track Suzanne, and as he listened to her, he heard the Ministry atrium clock chiming 1--1 in the morning.

"I think we should head back. I'm sure Rober has Suzanne and Tom under surveillance as it is. I think we probably would be more useful at home. With a little luck, Robert's maybe close to finding an antidote," Marcus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:04 am

Aria sat and listened to Marcus she looked at him when he explained what Michael did and chuckled " good to know if I lose aything or we need a person retrived" she said then heard he was good freinds with Robert " and good thing I didn't make a fool out of myself " she added chukaling . When he spoke of Lee her jaw dropped as she ahd met two influentian high profile men that night " wow , okay very happy I didn't make a fool out of myself." she chuckled then looked over at the clock as it chimed .

Hearing him talk again she could not help the yawn that hit her " wow sorry, I agree home sounds good" she said letting her head rest against him " even if right here is comfortable our own bed and you next to me sounds way better." she shifted so they could slip out of the table and into the burger place before heading out into the cool morning air. Stretching her arms she toook in the area and smiled " feels like today will be a good day" she said smiling to him as she took his hand so they could port home.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:19 am

"Agreed. It's been a long day, so I am definitely looking forward to being able to get some sleep," Marcus said. "I have to admit, though, I am curious about what exactly Robert did to that package of potions. I didn't see anything suspicious with the bag itself. Looked exactly how those kids would have brought her a bunch of potions. So that bit was well played I think, but I know him too well to not know he's done something somehow. And the fact that Michael said that when they start messing with those potions we'll all know? That makes me curious."

As they walked outside onto the London street, Marcus shivered. "It's definitely getting colder. It isn't that I'm against winter, but it is not my favorite season. I prefer warm weather." He apparated them back to the estate.

Someone had brought out some camp beds and put them not all that far from the cook fires and had put some sleeping bags and pillows on them for anyone who wanted to simply catch a nap but wanted to remain close to the pack in case help was needed quickly. He saw Angus sitting up, yawning, clearly waking from a catnap. Things were quieter, but Marcus didn't get the impression that much had changed since they'd gone. He looked up at the windows of the main house.

"The lights are still blazing in Robert's work room. He's still working. I would guess that means he's either still formulating an antidote or he's brewing enough for everyone. One or the other." He saw Kate tending the cook fires now while Michael was gone. He went over to Kate.

"Any news?" he asked her.

"Oh, you're back. It went alright, then?" she asked. Marcus nodded. "Well done, then, both of you. Thank you. Well, Robert believes the potions he's brewed will work to turn things around but they're going to have to take it for a couple of days. So he's brewing quite a large batch. Edward is up there too, and he's brewing a batch in a second cauldron. I think we may have some to give people in an hour or two. You two have had very little sleep over the last couple days. Take the rest of the night off and get some sleep. If we're still at this in the morning, you can relieve a couple of us. Fair enough?"

"Sounds perfectly fair to me," Marcus said. "I think Aria and I are both tired."

"You have every right to be. Get some sleep, and we'll see you in the morning."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:26 am

Aria listened to Marcus and now felt the chill in the air and nodded " yeah I know how that fels always nips my feathers, and I do hope it explodes in her face making her a funy color." she said chuckling as he ported them back to the main house. She paused and looked around as he spoke of the potions lab she looked up seeing the light was certaily on and nodded " yeah, he'll be working late" she said then smiled seeing Kate walk over to them and talk to Marcus she nodded hiding a second Yawn.

" that sounds promising" she said and looekd round seeing some of the people already up on their feet and looking some what better. She saw Jessie and Ruby walking around helping give out blankets and add wood o the fire to keep every one outside warm. Hearing mention od sleep she looked to Marcus .

" thank you Kate sounds perfect, its kinda been along day." she said " I will definaly do that, once I have had some sleep" she said kissing Marcus cheek she spoke softly " I'll se you inside" she told him and headed in and up to their bathroom to shower and change feeling her muscles complain about being used for sugh a long time.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:36 am

Marcus followed her inside and saw a note on the table from Simone. She had taken Caprice to her side, and was just planning on keeping her over there for the night. Marcus knew that Edward and Simone kept a portable baby bed over in the room next to their own bedroom for when they had Caprice overnight. Marcus had no concerns for Caprice because he was confident she would be well tended. Marcus didn't find Finn at first. He showered and changed and went through the motions of his check for the night, and he found Finn asleep on Angus and Ruby's bed, down at the foot of it. The kids were all safely tucked into their beds, and all in all, things seemed safe and secure. Sergio and Ana had placed their duffel bags in one of the guest rooms on Edward's side, but they were not in yet either. Marcus believed they were still out tending to the pack with Angus and Ruby. Marcus finally went into the bedroom.

"All seems to be in hand," he yawned. "Finn's in on Angus and Ruby's bed, the kids are in bed in their rooms, and Caprice is asleep in the guest room next to Edward and Simone's room. Sergio and Ana have bags in one of the guest rooms over on Edward's side, but they're still out. Looks like the house is settled for the night, except for Angus, Ruby, Sergio and Ana all still being outside." He got into bed and turned out the light on his nightstand. "I don't think it's going to take either of us very long to get to sleep tonight."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:52 am

Aria loked up as Marcus waked in as she dried her hair from the shower she heard him say all was well and she smiled " thats good " she listend to him finish talking and climb into bed next to her laying her arm across his chest she nodded and yawned " yep, some of us quicker than others stud." she said as she slowly slipped into sleep her head laid on his chest and a smile on her face.

Jess moved around the tent , she ahd given Fenrir another mug of broth and then tended to his vitals. Now Jack entered to check all was ok. " thres a nurse on her way to relive you" he said walking over to her side " how is he?" he asked Jess chuckled and looked at Jack.

"he is fine just sleeping now, which is what you need , your exausted" she said touching his hand gently.

"I'll sleep once I know this pack is going to servive" he told her and looked down as she touched his hand smiling at her " I know what your doing and you should rest yourself you have been here and at St Mungos too." he told her feeling his energy increase a little. " I also know Roberts working on more antidote too."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:11 am

Angus spent hours going from tent to tent, and bed to bed, doing whatever he could to try to help the pack members feel better. The pack members were very much aware of who had been with them all day and into the night, and they deeply appreciated the tireless efforts of those who were helping.

It was nearly 3:3O am, when Robert and Edward apparated out to the yard. Edward motioned to those who were still up and working. Robert was leaning on Edward because he hadn't wanted to fuss with his crutches. They had two large cardboard boxes full of potions bottles.

"Here's the antidote," Edward told them, holding up one of the bottles holding a glowing purple liquid. "It tastes like the very devil, but it will work. The cure is not going to be instantaneous. For adults, give one standard dose every six hours for 24 hours, then one does every twelve hours after that. You can mix it in broth or lemonade to get them to drink it. For children, the dosage instructions are on the bottle. Let's get moving, People, and get this into the pack members. If we're right, they're very likely going to be hungry enough for breakfast later this morning."

"If they're hungry, we'll have breakfast for them," Michael promised. Edward passed bottles of antidote to anyone who felt comfortable in giving the medicine to the pack members. Michael went up to Robert.

"How are you holding up?" Michael asked Robert.

"I need to get him off his feet and get that bad leg elevated. It's about three times its normal size just from sitting for so many hours without being able to elevate the leg. He'll be better if I can get him inside and get his leg up and iced," Edward said. "Maybe a dose of pain potion if he'll take it."

"I'll be fine," Robert said. Kate nodded, but she was going to try to find Jess or Nigel and see if they would have any more luck in getting him to ice and elevate his leg and take some pain potion. When the potion was distributed, Edward didn't give Robert a choice. He apparated back inside with him.

Angus went to find Ruby. He had a bottle of antidote in his pocket, but when he found her, he asked her a question.

"I suppose I should maybe help Zoe fix breakfast for this enormous crew. How are you? You ready for a rest yet?" he asked her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top