A Birth day - Page 11
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 11 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 11 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:26 am

Jess smiled as she left the tent to stretch her legs seeing Kate she walked over to her " so hows he doing?" she asked knowing he was not doing well a she folded her arms across her chest " let me guess not taking it easy now that the potions made?" she said and placed her hand on his shoulder " okay doc, lay down feet up, Healers orders" she told him.

Ruby looked up as she heard Angus voice she ahdn't realized how long she'd been going for and smiled at him " if you think you can , I still have several more that need my care" she said standing and moving to kiss his cheeks " oh Simone took Caprice to their side for tonight so we can have a quiet night." she said as she saw the sun peeking over the tops of the trees on the estate " well this morning" she chuckled " but Robert looks like he will fall down" she added glancing over where she saw the others and Jess stood with Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:50 am

"Edward says his leg is swollen up again badly, and I do realize that's what comes from sitting for hours without his leg elevated. And I'm sure it hurts, but it just wasn't possible for him to sit at his worktable to create the antidote and elevate his leg too," Kate told Jess. "I'm sure he's got to be knackered. If you can get him to just sit and get off his leg, he very well might sleep a little. He isn't going to truly rest until he sees that the pack members are out of danger. Once that happens, I'm sure he'll gladly turn in and get some sleep."

"If she needs me, I'll give her a hand," Angus told Ruby. "I'm thinking about some sort of breakfast pizza that maybe uses a cheddar cheese sauce instead of a tomato sauce, and then maybe has some either some thinly shaved steak or roast beef, maybe some crispy bacon, some scrambled eggs--you know, that sort of thing. I'm thinking their werewolf physiques might benefit from a really high protein breakfast so long as we don't layer it with aromatics like onions and peppers that would irk their stomachs. As for us, we could do a different sort of breakfast pizza and maybe a fruit pizza that's a blind baked shortbread crust, spread with a sweet cream cheese spread as a sauce and then topped with fresh fruit. The nice thing about doing breakfast pizzas is that they're pretty portable and easy for people to eat with their hands. They don't necessarily need a table to eat, and it won't be really involved either to fix or clean up. And, if we need help, just about anybody could help us to assemble pizzas." He listened to Ruby say Robert looked he might fall down. "I admire him sometimes," he confided to her. "He knows he had the life of every person in that pack in his hands, and he was not going to let them down. He stayed right with it until he had it. I'm sure he's tired but he's going to be on pins and needles until he sees if the potion helps the pack. Frankly, I know he's going to be immensely proud of everyone here. We're not far away from having been at it for a solid 24 hours, and he's going to be so proud of the work we've all done to save this pack. I want to know who did this, but that's going to have to wait until they're out of danger. Then I'll pick it back up again and try to find out who tried to eliminate them. I have my suspicions, though."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:52 pm

Jess nodded to Kate and smiled " well maybe the two of us can get him to lay down at least." she said looking where Robert was. " the pack is on the mend so is Fenrir" she added " that should halp him relax a little.

Ruby listened to Angus talk of what he was going to make for the acks breakfast and noded " sounds good and a high protin breakfast is just what I think we all need" she added with a chuckle she smiled and held his hand when he said he admired Robert for how he didn't give up when searching for awnsers " we all admire him for that reason." she said softly " but I think Jess and Kate have that in hand." she felt the warmth of the sun reatch her and smiled " another warm day?" she queeried as she looked at Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:17 pm

"I hope you're right," Kate told Jess.

Angus looked at the skies when Ruby asked if it was going to be a warm day.

"Hmm. Well, I think this morning will be warm, but I'm not sure it'll hold all day. Look there in the northwest. See those heavy clouds hanging way off in the distance? Those are rain clouds, and as heavy as they are, I'm thinking that we might get some really heavy rains this afternoon. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some thunder and lightning with them too. I'll let Jack know so that he and the ground crew can do some additional weather proofing spells on the tents and maybe double check that the tents are staked down well, just in case. And they're going to want to take some firewood inside all the tents because the wood won't burn as well if its wet."

He looked back around and saw Simone handing Caprice to Edward. Simone had Caprice dressed in a pair of black fleece sweatpants, with a little red Gryffindor sweatshirt, and a red and black buffalo plaid jacket, with a tiny pair of red glitter sneakers. Edward took her, and Simone gave him a 4 ounce bottle of water in case she got thirsty and a little stuffed toy bowtruckle that made a little chattering noise somewhat like a bowtruckle sound when the toy was shaken. Simone went back into the duplex. Angus went over to Edward.

"Everything okay?"

"Of course. Simone wants to take a shower, and this little one here is having absolutely nothing to do with being put down," Edward said. "She apparently threw quite a foul temper tantrum about it."

"Not sure who she gets that from."

"Well, it wasn't from you, that's for sure. You wanted to do bloody everything yourself. Independent little squirt. That's what you were."

"Must be her mother's fault then," Angus laughed. "Shall I take her?"

"Not just yet. Fenrir was actually asking about her earlier. He remembers you showing her to the pack when she was tiny. I think it might brighten his mood to see her."

"Okay," Angus said. "I'll take her whenever you're tired of it, then."

"Go cook," Edward pointed towards the cook fires where Shannon and Nicky and Zoe were coming out and setting up to cook. "We have about a million people here who want breakfast."

"A million, huh?" Angus laughed. He turned and headed to find Jack first.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:26 pm

Ruby smiled then looked in the direction he had looked and her smile fell "yeah looks like heavy rain" she said defeated , she ahd hoped it would stay sunny but more the pity. She saw Caprice with Simone and walked with Angus over to her with Edward "Hey!" she said and chuckled "But yeah, she got that from me, just look at Jessie" she said and glanced in his direction where he and Yu sat togther.

She heard and saw Shannon, Nicky and Zoe walk out and smelt the food they ahd cooked as a start to the breakfast. " Go and help dear, I'll be here for a while " she said smiling knowing Angus loves cooking. Jack had just finished cleaning out the barn when he glanced up at the sky seing the grey dark clouds he picked up four large log and tarp, carring it to the seatted area he erected all four of the logs upright then added the tarp over the top tied to each pole that he had driven deep into the ground. He had made a simple cover incase it rained to protect the fire, the tarp having a chimy type of addition to it. Loking at Angus he walked over.

"saw the clouds thought this would keep the fire going, can't have it going out." he said seeing Jessie place several more logs on the fire. " I watch the weather too" he said and chuckled as he saw Caprice shake her bowtruckle doy at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:42 pm

"Good idea," Angus said. "We need to make sure we haul firewood inside each tent so that the wood doesn't get wet. I think we've got probably all morning before we actually get wet, but we need to make sure that the fires in the tents don't go out. And it wouldn't hurt to have the grounds crew make sure that the tents are staked down well. We don't want a tent to collapse on the patients. I'll try to get around and add a layer of waterproofing spells to each tent unless the ground crew can do it. I mean, there are more of them than there is of me, after all. In the meantime, I should go help cook."

He went to the cook fires and saw Michael was putting the red and blue enamelware coffee pots in the coals with fresh tea and coffee in them to brew. Angus told Zoe and Nicky about the idea for breakfast pizzas. They thought it was a fabulous idea, and Zoe got started making pizza dough. Nicky started to make up a shortbread cookie dough for the fruit pizza. Nicky asked Angus if he could make some small versions of his cinnamon rolls. Well, he certainly could, but it gave him another idea.

He made a huge batch of cinnamon roll dough, and began to form an endless batch of teeny weeny cinnamon rolls--literally bite sized so that people could grab a cinnamon roll, pop it in their mouths and keep on going. He made sheets and sheets and sheets of them while the others made the pizzas.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:49 pm

Jack nodded to Angus " I'll get some men on moving the wood to keep it dry" he told him and saw two men walking towards them.

Ruby smiled watching as Angus left to start cooking as Jack motioned to several men to move the wood piles under the protective tarp he had erected before heading to put up a second tarp, over another smaller fire the people had set up. She went back to helping the others.

Jess waked over to Robert " isn't it time you rested?" she said and looked down at his leg her arms folded over her chest Healers orders , off to the living room to sit and raise that leg I will be by in five minets if your not off that leg I will take great pleasure in getting you off it myself" she old him glancing at Kate and giving her a 'I'll do it gently' look to her.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:13 am

"I'm going," Robert said to Jess. "I'm going inside to get a cup of Khaat's French roast coffee, and then I'll sit. You have my word. At this point, my need for some strong caffeine trumps my need to sit down."

"You just go sit," Kate said to him. "One of us will bring you a cup of French roast."

Michael went over to Angus.

"Can i give you a hand, Lad?" Michael asked.

"If you like," Angus said, with several large snake-like lengths of cinnamon rolls that were waiting to be cut and put onto sheet pans. Michael picked up a bench cutter and began slicing through the lengths of dough and putting them on sheet pan.

"You were giving that dough some extra pounding. What's that about?" Michael asked.

"I want to get to the bottom of this poisoning," Angus said.

"Ah. And you have an idea, don't you?"

"Yes. I do, but I admit, its where my brain goes every time these days."

"And you're thinking Suzanne."

"Well, technically, I'm thinking more Tom than Suzanne," Tom said.

"And what do you think the motive is?"

"I think its connected to the potion stealing. I really think this is all about getting Robert out of the way because he thinks that without Robert, we'll fold up like a wad of paper."

"Well, if that's what he thinks, he's a moron," Michael frowned. "And he has forgotten his history. There were eight founders of this organization, not one. And three of us still survive."

"Well, if he could rid himself of Robert, I think Tom thinks Khaat will be far easier to get ahold of to hand deliver her to James too."

"Oh, now that really is a cheeky thought. And, he does not have any true idea of just how relentless Marcus can be," Michael said. "if you're right, I might set that damned house of his on fire myself. Dumbass." Angus watched Michael now giving the cinnamon roll dough quite a pounding just as Angus himself had done. That made Angus laugh. Michael looked at him, and Angus pointed to the dough that was now flatter than a pancake. Michael rolled his eyes, realizing what he'd just done.

"I think I'll start over," Angus laughed, picking up the dough and tossing it back into a large, commercial sized mixing bowl.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:19 am

Ruby watched as Michael walked over to Angus and spoke to him she smiled as after a moment she saw him relax and smile. Jess looked at Robert and nodded to him as she watched him head inside to sit down and take the weight of his leg. Turning back to the main tent where Fenrir was she dismissed the healer and sat in her chair checking over the notes the young healer had left.

Jessie moved quickly as he felt the first drops of rain he puleld down the sides of the tarm to make sure the rain didn't snuff out the fire and every one inside was dry. Yu headed to the second fire and did the same making sure all the wood wasn't outside and was inside dry to use , he saw Michael and Angus talking and the pounding he was giving the dough for the rolls , walking over he smiled " may I help?" he asked taking dome of the dough from the mixer and rolling it to the sise and thickness he ahd seen Angus do then once the filing was on he rolled it and cut it into small bite sized peices placeing them on the tray infront of him " was that all right?" he asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:45 am

"Perfect," Angus said. "Can you two handle this for a moment? I think I'll go see if I can tend to our potions master for one moment."

"By all means," Michael said. "I can tell you what he wants. By now, he's damned desperate for some caffeine."

"Yes. I know. And I know just how he likes it. I'll go make some for him, and then I'll be back," Angus said. He went to Robert who was trying to hobble up the steps to get into the main house. "Let me give you a hand." He put Robert's arm around his own shoulder and then slid his arm around Robert to help him inside. He helped him to a chair in the living room and pushed the footstool up for him so he could elevate his leg.

"Could I trouble you for some coffee?" Robert asked Angus.

"Absolutely. One extra large, extra strong French roast coming right up," Angus said.

"You remembered."

"Of course I remember. I'll be right back." Angus went to the kitchen and made some French roast and while it was brewing he gathered up some ice packs and some towels. He took the ice packs and wrapped Robert's ankle in them and then went back, got the coffee and took it to him, with a dose of pain potion and the morning papers.

"Bless you," Robert said.

"I'll bring you some breakfast when its ready."

"Do not keep any news from me. If you hear anything at all about how they're responding to the potion, you tell me, regardless if its good or not."

"Certainly," Angus said. "Can I get you anything else?"

"No. Not a thing. Thank you," Robert replied.

"I'll be back shortly then," Angus said. He turned and went back outside, seeing the first batch of bite sized cinnamon rolls being brought out to cool and be iced. Nicky was cutting the breakfast pizzas and setting them out on a long table to be served. He gave a shout for the workers to come fix some plates for the patients and serve them and told them that after the patient breakfasts were delivered, they should come back and fix their own plates. Angus iced the little cinnamon rolls and set them on a big platter so everyone could have some and went back to get more of them from the coals to ice and plate them.

Edward carried Caprice and went in to Fenrir's tent.

"I thought I'd bring you a visitor," Edward said as he went in. He took Caprice and handed her to Fenrir.

"Your granddaughter?"

"Yes," Edward said, sitting nearby.

"How old is she now?"

"Almost ten months," Edward said. "She crawls, manages finger foods, says Dada and Mama, chucks her toys about, and is working on learning to pull herself up to stand."

"She's ahead of schedule, then. That's good. Looks like her mother," Fenrir said.

"That would not disappoint Angus," Edward said. "Her mother says she looks like Angus."

"I fail to see it," Fenrir said. "How many great grandchildren do you have now?"

"With Angus's five? Sixty two," Edward said. Fenrir looked wide eyed for a moment.

"You have a bigger family than my entire pack, Donohue. You should be proud."

"I am," Edward said. He and Fenrir both heard Nicky calling workers to come fix breakfast plates for the pack members.

"I thought I smelled food," Fenrir said.

"You'll like this. Angus planned well for your pack's protein needs," Edward reassured him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 100 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 55 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top