A Birth day - Page 7
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 7 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 7 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 7 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:38 pm

Ruby looked to Angus and nodded porting to Paris and finding Owens explain what and why she was there for he nodded and motioned to several men who ported out Ruby ported back seeing the men already there helping, she accioed several warm blankets and placed them around the shoulders of some of the people sat by the fire.
Jack picked up several chairs and stools from the barn and walked out with them placing them around the fire so others could sit and get warm.

Jessie helped with reading and handing out toys to the babies and young children to help soothe them and make them happy.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5079

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Angus found the coffee pots and brought them out. He made four pots of tea in the blue coffee pots and set them in the coals to brew and four pots of coffee and set them in the coals to brew.

"Thanks, Jack," Angus said. "Michael believed we should have some comfortable chairs for our staff to take a break in, and I think he's right." A moment later, Tara and Evan arrived, and Tara apparated right back out again after taking in the sights of what was going on. Evan ran up to Ruby and Angus.

"How can I help? Tara's gone to bring some more supplies. She'll be right back. You're going to need a lot more stuff," Evan said.

"I'm going to go down to the cellar and bring up more bowls and mugs and cutlery. They're all metal enamelware from the camping supplies. Can you lot cast some insulating spells on them so they stay warm but don't burn anyone since they're metal?" Angus asked. He stood and looked at things that were being arranged on the ground. They needed either supply shelves or tables.

"Ruby," Angus said, "I'm going to send Sam and Victor downstairs for some of those folding shelf units. Would you supervise the boys in setting them up so that we can make this center area into a sort of command area where we can not only get food and drink but we can also get fresh supplies? You can organize one shelf with the crockery and cutlery, maybe another with blankets and linen and such and maybe one with medical supplies? We should get these things off the ground, should we not? I'm forgetting something already."

"You go do that," Evan told him. "Ruby and I can make some sense of this, I'm sure."

"Sam, Victor, come with me," Angus said motioning them to follow him to the cellar. A moment later, Sam and Victor each brought up a large folding shelf unit and went back for two more. Evan stopped for a moment, hearing a noise. It sounded like footsteps. LIke metal, sort of like a knight's armor, but smaller. He wasn't sure what he was hearing And then he saw it. There was a long line of enamelware mugs, bowls and plates marching up, single file, in a line from the cellar, followed by another line of forks, knives, spoons, plastic tumblers for drinking cool drinks, pitchers, and other things all marching up from the cellar supply room. Evan frowned for a moment.

"That is not what I had in mind when I thought Angus was going to bring things up from the cellar," Evan told Ruby. "Do they listen to commands or do we need to round them up? Got a clue?"

"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23549
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:12 pm

Ruby looked at Evan and nodded as she helped set up the shelves ready for the bowls and other crockery to be placed on them. Pausing she looked over and chuckled " just tell them where to go and they will stack themselves selves," she said and looked to the plates " plates to the second shelf forks to the boxes, bowls to the top" she ordered and they began stacking on the shelves as he made room for more by moving them around soon all the shelves were filling or full and she let the last cup set its self ontop of another and breathed out " that should be enough of those," she said glancing around to see if anything else needed help she saw several men nad sat around where Yu was cooking slowly eating his stew-like soup. " that's good to see," she said smiling as she watched and looked around.

Aria moved and put up extra tents for everyone some were as soon as they were up were filed so she moved to another without thinking she waved her wand to lift the tent top up so it stood up while a man placed a tent pole down for it to rest on she focused on her work until Jack walked over with a cup of coffee for her.

"here you look like you need this," he said and handed it to her. Aria smiled and nodded.

"thanks, we've got three moe to do" she added and sipped as she watched the grounds men hurry over and help too.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:24 pm

"I have to learn that spell," Evan said, almost envious of how easy it made it to put things away. "Uh oh. Heads up." He pointed at some blankets flying their way like flying carpets. "Those would have perhaps been better if they'd been still neatly folded. " Evan counted ten of them, and then they quit. He knew more blankets was one of the items that Tara had gone to get.

"Tara's bringing blankets too, so that will help, I think," Evan told Ruby. At that moment, Nigel shoved a piece of paper into Evan's hands.

"See if you can get ahold of Jess. Robert says if we rattle of this list to her, she'll have it to us pretty damned quick. See if you can make it faster than that, Mate, would you?" Nigel ran back off to go tend to more patients.

Evan went over to one of the cook fires and he opened a floo channel, trying to get hold of St. Mungo's.

"May I help you?" Someone asked on the other end of the floo.

"Um...you don't look like Jess Darkangel."

"Good call. I'm not. Who are you?"

"Evan Donohue. I'm looking for Jess."

"So are a lot of other people," the woman said. Evan rolled his eyes, annoyed.

"Look. I have a message for her from Robert Lupin," Evan said, "He needs some supplies sent asap. Can you either put her on or give her the message...."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:34 pm

Ruby chuckled and nodded " yeah would be helpful" she said as Robert walked over to them and spoketo Evan giving him a note . she watched as he left and went back to helping the others.

Jess had just finushed a meeting and was walking past the nurses staion when she ehard Evans voice she frowned at the woman talking to him " its fine Janice Im here now , go on a break or something" she told her . " okay Evan whats up?" she asked as she sat where Jamice had been before " let me take a guess Robert asked you to ask if I had any spare nurses to send over to help you, the awnser is yes theres six I will be bringing over in ten minets they were going of shift so are donating their time , that and I said they could have tomorrow off." she told him " so send the list we'll have everything with us when we arrive, oh and stay strong we will be there " she told him finding the list now infront of her.

" got the lst we have evrything on it in stock" she told him " be there in five" she siad " I know " she said and chuckled as she closed the floo and headed back to the meeting room where six nurses  now stood waiting " okay I was right Janice get these potions and suplies , grace blankets that we can spare with heat packs , nigela and mel gather fold away cots for kids and tash and jace warm clothing  jackets gloves and thick socks, now you know your task we have three minets to gather these things bring them here and I'll port you over to the estate, now go" she ordered each nodded and headed to gather their requiered item to take to the estate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:00 am

Nigel breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the nurses and the supplies from St. Mungos arriving. He went to talk to Jess.

"Thanks for coming. We're just treating symptomatically for now," he told Jess, "because our spells to neutralizes poisons are ineffective. Whatever this is, it's quite foul indeed. We need Robert to analyze the sample of tainted meats that we have so he can identify the poison and formulate an antidote. He hasn't been able to do that yet because he's been tending to patients. Some of them are very critical, and he's been helping to stabilize them and trying to reduce their discomfort. Maybe now your staff can help the patients so we can relieve him to go to his lab. I'd like him to get off that damned leg anyway. He's with Fenrir, I believe. Fenrir is a suspicious sort, and I guess I don't blame him. He isn't good. We could still lose him, and the pack knows it. They absolutely do not want to lose him. But Edward's been good enough to stay with Fenrir, and I think that helps. They're in that last tent there, the one clear down there on the end. You might check in with Robert so he knows you're here."

Tara arrived back and she had a few of the workers from the vineyard with her. She had boxes and boxes with her. There were warm blankets. Warm, clean, new pajamas and slipper socks for children, adults and babies, boxes of disposable diapers, formula, bottles, magical nightlights for the children and little music boxes to soothe them. She had sippy cups and toddlers bowls with plastic cutlery for babies and toddlers. She had brought six big, comfortable wooden rockers that were being resized for use in the tents with the children. She had animal biscuits and small snacks for all ages. She had thought of books, magazines, and puzzle books--like crossword puzzles and such, for some of the patients to help occupy their minds.

"You're amazing," Evan told her, pleased with all the little things she'd thought of. They were going to be needed, surely, but they hadn't been on the top of the list of emergency supplies when the pack had first arrived. "I'll help get them sorted and shelved."

"What can I help you do, Ruby?" Tara asked. "How can I help?"

Angus came up from the cellar after sending up what supplies he could find, and he caught sight of Marcus. Marcus had been hauling, by hand, firewood, as much as he could carry, load after load after load, since they'd gotten the pack here. He'd been stacking firewood at an appropriate distance near each of the three cookfires and he'd been stacking a pile at the front of each tent, to the left of each tent's door, and he continued to just add to those stacks. Marcus seemed tireless, but Angus was seeing fatigue now on Marcus's face. He'd clearly been at this for hours. Angus went over to Aria.

"Why don't you try to get Marcus to take a break for a little? I think he's hauled half a forest in for us today? I'm sure he could use maybe some tea or a sandwich or something. You'll probably get farther with him than I will," Angus told her. "Maybe, if you join him, he'll sit and eat something."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:11 am

Jess apeared with the nurses spread out behind her in a V formation she waved to each motining for them to get to work which they did seeing Nigel she smiled " Its no problem" she told him and looked around as he spoke " right ill get to that right away" she said motioning to one of her nurses to tent to a man who was about to pass out . Walking to the tent she pushed aside the flap and entered " good eveining" she said placing a black bag with potions and equipment next to Robert " Theres fresh food and coffee out by the fire , I think you should grab some before Jack eats it all" she said and looked right at him " I can take over from here" she said and loked to Fenrir " If thats all right with you" she said.

Ruby looked at Tara and then loked around " help Jessie with the kids , Im sure he would love the help" she said seeing some kids start to wander away from him or loook around for other things to get into. Aria had finished placing a tent and letting a family enter it when she heard Angus talk and she turned to look at him. Looking over she could see he looked worn down and nodded .

"okay" she said and moved to Marcus " come on time to take a break " she said and chuckled " bosses orders" she added poring a cup of coffee and walking over to him holding it out, " you have done nothing but work since we got them here, your not superman." she made him sit down on a chair and handed him the cup as she sat with him " every one is being taken care of now, take a break" she added taking hold of his hand in her own and smiling to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:26 am

Fenrir looked at the blonde woman that had come in and was trying to relieve Robert. She was a seer. Fenrir could spot a seer when he saw one. This one was dressed as a healer. He looked at Edward.

"You probably haven't run into her often," Edward said. "She's married to Jack Black Heart. You can trust her. Her name is Jess. She lives here on the estate and works for Robert."

"It's fine," Fenrir told the woman.

"Kids, I can do," Tara smiled at Ruby. She headed towards a tent and heard squalling babies. She went in, saw Jessie trying to sooth the little ones, and she pointed towards the screaming, unhappy babies to signal him that she was going to try to take care of that because she knew that he wasn't probably going to feel the most experienced at babies. She headed in to the room with babies, changed diapers, made bottles and took a seat in the rocker, feeding and rocking them and putting them into their beds to rest. As soon as she had the babies settled, she headed to tend to the toddlers.

Marcus was glad to see a friendly face when Aria came over to him and handed him coffee.

"My God, that smells good," he said, taking a moment to smell the full aroma of some fresh coffee. "I hadn't even given a thought to a break, but I think you're right." He went with her and sat down. "How are you holding up? I'm sure you have to be tired too. You know, this reminds me a lot of some of the field hospitals I've seen some of the muggle military have to set up for mass casualties. And to think this started with Angus wanting to send the pack some food boxes. If he hadn't just happened to show up today, this pack would have been utterly destroyed. We have to find out who did this, Aria. Whoever did this should be charged with attempted murder for each and every victim here. And that would put them across the veil for certain. It won't just be Azkaban."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:39 am

Jess let Robert do the introduction to Fenrir and she nodded to him " your needed outside I can take over here" she said and gently moved Robert away from Fenrir " nigle would like you to rest ." she told him gently " so now rest" she took over with Fenrir.

Jessie saw Tara walk over and nodded and mouthed thank you to her as he watched her sooth the babies and move to the toddlers . Aria smiled at Marcus as he thanked her as she sat down with him and listened to Marcus " you forget Im use to being in the middle of this sort of thing, but yeah its tiring, tents are up and most of th families are housed." she told him as she lent on his shoulder." she sighed still holding his hand in her own as he spoke.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:00 am

"Thanks, Jess," Robert said, taking his crutches and leaving. He went over to Michael. "Where's that sample of tainted meat?"

"I put it in a cooler with ice and locked it up in your workroom upstairs so no one would be able to get to it and chuck it into Yu's stew," Michael said.

"Good man. I'll go get on that. We need to know what the hell they used and how to counteract it," Robert said.

"Get off your feet for awhile. I'll bring you up some of Yu's stew in a bit. You have to eat something."

"Right now I have to work," Robert said. "Just save a portion for me, would you?"

"You've got it," Michael said. Robert apparated up to his workroom to start wok on analyzing the meat sample.

"I didn't forget," Marcus told Aria, "but I know you've been working as hard as I have, and I figured you might be at least a little tired by now. I'm glad you've gotten everyone into a tent and a bed. That was a big job too." He looked at his watch. "We still have some hours to go before we have to go to Puddlemere. I hope Robert has remembered to get the potions package together for us. I'll try to check with him in a bit." He looked up to see Simone was floating out two enormous foil roasting pans full of hot sandwiches, all individually wrapped in foil. It looked like she was feeding a couple of armies.

"Thank you, Simone," Michael said, taking the pans from her and setting them on a long table for people to get. He flicked his wand and cast a warming charm on them so they would stay warm. "What kind did you make?"

"These are pot roast sandwiches, and these are fresh shredded chicken sandwiches. They're an American thing. The shredded chicken is mixed with a creamy chicken soup, some small diced mushrooms and put into sandwich buns. They're really comforting and quite lovely," she told him.

"Sounds like it. Thank you," he told her. Simone took one of each, put them on some styrofoam plates and took them to Marcus and Aria.

"Here. You two look like you haven't had a break until now. Have a sandwich. This one is chicken, this one is pot roast. You two can decide which you take, or you can spit them both and share them," she told them. She went back to try to help see if any of the other staff members needed some food.

"They sound great. You have a preference?" he asked Aria. "Beef, chicken, or split them both?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 53 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top