A Birth day - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 8 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:26 am

Aria sighed and nodded " yeah its tiring but I can push threw it , she saw Sione walk over to them and smiled smelling the food she held " oh thank you, I don't mind splitting one. " she said smiling as she waited for Marcus to chose which meal they would have.

Jess nodded and was relived to see Robert leave to relax but she knew he would not and turned to Fenrir as she placed a hand on his arm to check his vitals. Nodding as she found what she was looking for she rearanged his energy to help heal him " rest now you'll feel beter" she said in her best bedside manner. She moved to sit beside the cot he was laid on as Jack poked his head in the flap .

"all are safe and being tended too, no loses " he told Fenrir, Robert is in his lab looking at the tainted meat." he smiled t Jess who smiled back then returned to writing Fenrir's report,
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:40 am

Marcus took a half of each sandwich and handed the other halves to Aria, and he took a bite of the pot roast sandwich.

"The pot roast sandwich is amazing," Marcus said to her. "Never thought of putting pot roast in a sandwich, but this might be one of my new favorite things. You know, I know we have absolutely no proof that this whole mess has any connection at all with the attack that we investigated yesterday at St. Mungos, but hear me out. What if this entire pack died? As I see it, first of all, it makes James, then, the biggest, baddest, most feared werewolf here. Maybe in the wizarding world. And, what if it were released to the press that a group of people--not werewolves--who were doing some autumn camping died either because of a tainted potion or died because of a tainted antidote, that would continue to work to discredit Robert. It would only add to Robert's troubles that the Puddlemere business seems to be trying to start. What if every single bit of this is Tom and Suzanne's doing? If that's really the case, I hope to hell we can prove it because if we can't, I might have to help Angus burn Gelding's Paris house to the ground--just for starters."

Edward was glad to see Jess help Fenrir with a bit of an energy boost. Fenrir slipped into an exhausted sleep just a moment later.

"Thank you," Edward said very softly to her. "He's completely exhausted. I'm sure you know its a damned hard thing for someone his age, even when they're in the good shape that he's in. I think we all know he isn't a saint but he does care about this pack. It might be the only decent thing he has."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:47 am

Aria took the half Marcus gave her and bit into it as he spoke she could not help the moan that left her " this is wonderful" she said looking at him as she continued to eat " not sure if its becuse Im hungry of its that good" she added with a chuckle as she continued.

Jess looked at Edward and nodded " he won't heal unless he rests and like all you work aholics you just need a softly reasuring word and the truth to relax" she said smiling at him. She listened as he talked and nodded glancing at the sleeping Fenrir " I would say thats a good thing , he now has a reason to protect and be on the right side for once." she checked his vitals and found them steady as he slept. She heard him talk about Fenrir not being a saint and she chuckled nodding her ehad " oh hes way of that but he has a heart and its for his pack."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:41 am

"I think it might be both," Marcus laughed. He rather felt the same way about the food. "I think, given the work that we do, I've learned over the years that it's important to savor the small luxuries when we find them--like a really tasty sandwich--because sometimes we don't know how long its going to be before we get another one."

He saw more people arriving. He wasn't sure where they were coming from, but he counted three different parties arriving. One had 4 people, one had six, and one had five. And in the last party, he saw two people he knew. Sergio and Ana.

"Owens must still be finding us some fresh faces," Marcus said. "I think he's sending some relief workers for us. Well, look there. Those two--the couple. That's Sergio and Ana. You've not met them yet. They're childhood friends of Angus's from Romania. Sergio's family runs a waystation in the Romanian mountains for white lighters. Edward used to help Sergio's village rid the area of out of control werewolves that had to be eliminated, and he took Angus with him on those trips. As I understand it, Ana and Angus used to have a very serious romantic relationship but it ended many years ago, and he actually introduced Sergio to Ana and was Sergio's best man at Sergio and Ana's wedding. And I think he's the godfather to their children. They're part of our organization now, so I'm sure they're here to help in whatever way we need. They're fierce fighters, and they're both as tough as nails. I know you're going to like them."

Sergio and Ana went and greeted Angus and Ruby and Simone very briefly, and the other fresh workers picked up with chores like cutting more firewood, taking fresh cups of broth or hot lemonade to the patients who could drink them. They waved at the others that they knew, not wanting to stop anyone in their work, and then Sergio went into the tent where Jessie was tending to the kids.

"Hello, Jessie," Sergio said, his duffel bag still slung on his shoulder, "Good to see you. Go take a break, and go get something to eat. I'll take over for you for a bit. It won't replace you, but I brought something that might help lift their spirits for a little." He put his duffle on the ground and opened it and flicked his fingers at the contents to resize something. Then he pulled out a big bunch of soft, cuddly handmade sock monkeys for the children and made sure every child got one. The kids were elated, not having seen a sock monkey before. Sergio asked them if they wanted to hear a story, and he sat down in the midst of them and started to tell a pirate adventure tale to them--a pirate that had a little monkey friend. The kids immediately could envision their sock monkeys as the monkey friend, and got caught up in the story quickly.

"While you're here," Edward said to Jess. "I'm going to slip out just long enough to stretch my legs and fetch a cup of coffee. I won't be long. He doesn't like being vulnerable, and I don't blame him. I might go see how Robert's doing with that meat sample, but I'll be back as soon as I can."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:04 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and chuckled as he spoke then she saw the groups of peole arive she was about to stand when He pointed out among them some faces he recognised. She smiled to them and waved to show she was freindly to them. She listened to Marcus explain who they were and she sat chukaling " wow , glad they are still good freinds though" she told him watching the others disperse to take over from those looking rather wore out. He heard Marcus say she will like sgerio and Ana and smiled " yep, they look likeable" she said and chuckled finishing her sandwich a little disapointed that there wasn't more.

Ruby saw Sergio and Ana arrive and stood up moving to them she gave each a hug " oh its so good to see you guys again" she said smiling a sthey walked over to where Angus was before Sergio moved to Jessie who was sat not far from them. Jessie loked up when some one said his name and smiled "Sergio! its so good to see you, did Ana come too? " He asked as he then watched as Sergio set up a puppet show " thats going to keep this lot calm" he said smiling watching as it magicaly began, Yu walked over and nodded to Sergio as he led Jessie to the center ring to sit and relax.

Jess looked up and looked to Edward nodding as he spoke " don't worry he is safe here" she said " and hes in a deep sleep so will be out for at least half anhour." she told him " so go ccheck Robert and get some tea." she smiled to him " if anything happens I'll send one of my nurses to fetch you."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:43 pm

"They definitely are good friends," Marcus replied. "If I remember correctly, they were here with their kids last year for Halloween, and all the kids got along really well.

"Ana's here," Sergio told Jessie. "I'm sure she's already busy trying to help tend to the sick. It's what she'd be drawn to, I'm sure."

Edward went into the main house and went upstairs and found Robert in the workroom. Abbey was playing on the workroom floor with a toy potions kit.

"Any good?" Edward asked Robert.

"No," Robert was frowning into his cauldron. "I'm blocked somehow. It's not letting me do anything." Edward laid his hand on the cauldron.

"Cheeky bastards," Edward mumbled. "Allow me." He recited an elaborate encantation and flicked his wand over the cauldron, causing a popping noise and a cloud of black smoke rose out of the cauldron with a chilling moan.

"Not good, Papa," Abbey looked up frowning.

"You're right, Abbey," Edward said. "It wasn't good. It's safe now, though." He looked back at Robert. "Some dark arts worker cast a spell to keep you from tampering with the toxic potion on the meat sample. It's gone now, though. Try it now."

"Thank you," Robert said. He spent another twenty minutes or so on it, and then he looked at Edward "I've never seen anything like it. It's a blend of three different toxins, probably fused together, at least partly, by the spell you disabled."

"Can you formulate an antidote?"

"Yes. I can. It'll be damned tricky business because these three toxins normally aren't able to be combined. It was some sophisticated conjuring to fuse them together. I'll have to be at least as witty in my potions making to create an antidote. Tell Nigel and Jess to keep everyone comfortable and hydrated as long as they can, and I'll work as quickly as I can. It's going to be tricky business, though. It could take hours."

"Understood," Edward said. "I'll come back to help you as soon as I can." Robert nodded. Edward apparated back out to the back yard and he found Nigel and updated him and then returned to Jess. Fenrir was still sleeping soundly.

"He's got the toxin figured out. It's got some powerful dark arts influences, though, and its a strange, multilayered thing. It's going to take him some time and some sophisticated skill to brew an effective antidote. He says he thinks you should keep everyone comfortable and hydrated as long as you can, and he'll keep working. By the looks of it, it could take him several hours to get the antidote invented," he told her.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:07 pm

Aria listened to Marcus and smiled "Good they need good friends around as well as us" she said sipping her coffee as she glanced over to see Jessie taking a break from tending to the younger children. Jessie looked at Sergio and smiled nodding "that great, with you guys here we'll be great in no time" he said as Yu with a cup of hot chocolate sat down next to him " Sergio this is my partner Yu Long" he said and Yu gave a bow to him before placing his arm around Jessie's waist and letting him rest his head on his shoulder.

Jess busied herself in the tent where Fenrir was laid she wiped away sewat and dripped water into his mouth to keep his lips miost as she checked his vitals and enery levels making sue nether were out of balance she sat down and rote in her note what she ahd found the felt a shift in energy from the main house and smiled " he found it" she said softly to her self turning to face Fenrir she spoke by his ear " hang on a bit longer, Roberts found the cure" she said softly hoping he would hear her even in his weakened state.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:34 pm

"Pleased to meet you," Sergio said.

With Fenrir sleeping and the messages passed on to Jess and Nigel, Edward took a moment to check on the room in the children's tent to check on the tiniest patients. There was a young healer there who was trying to sooth a baby, and she wasn't having much luck. The baby was loud and very fussy.

"Allow me," Edward said, taking the baby from her. He laid the baby on his shoulder and simply walked the floor with it, knowing well that sometimes walking with a baby worked to soothe it. It took him nearly 45 minutes but eventually, the baby fell asleep on his shoulder, and he was able to put the baby in the travel crib to sleep. With that one little patient soothed, some of the toddlers were finally able to sleep too, and that helped the children who were a little older were able to stop being quite so agitated. Some of them finally accepted some of Michael's hot lemonade, and that started to help soothe their stomachs.

"I don't know how you did it," a young woman said to Edward, 'but they're all a little better in here, I think."

"Sometimes all a little one needs is a grandparent," Edward smiled. "Glad to help." He left the children's tent, poured himself a mug of Michael's beef broth, and stopped by to check on Fenrir and found him awake. "I thought you'd still be asleep," he told him.

"I don't hear the cubs anymore," Fenrir said. "What's happened?"

"They're sleeping," he replied.

"That's all?"

"That's all. You have my word," Edward said. "How about something to drink. Try this. It may help." He gave Fenrir the mug of broth he had intended for himself and helped him with it.

"That is surprisingly good," Fenrir said. "I did not have any expectations for it. Who made that?"

"Michael Tremaine made it, but it's Angus's recipe. It seems to be a favorite here when someone isn't feeling well."

"I can see why. Any sign of an antidote?"

"Robert's working on it. If you think you can rest a little, I'll go help him," Edward said.

"Go help him anyway," Fenrir replied. Edward nodded and went back to see if he could lend Robert a hand.

Angus was helping to gather up dirty dishes to put them into a basin of water to be washed when he saw Cris coming out with a big sketch pad and a small shoulder bag full of sketching pencils and colored pencils. He came over to Angus and asked him, in Romanian, if he could help. Angus replied to him in Romania

"Pot Ajuta?" Cris asked.

"Ce ai vrea să faci (What would you like to do?)" Angus asked.

"Pot desena (I can draw)," Cris replied to Angus. Angus smiled and motioned to Cris. He led him into a tent with the oldest pack members who were very weak. Angus explained that Crdis was a werewolf who did not speak English. Cris sat down with them and began to sketch pictures for them. He drew each of the older pack members and then drew some beautiful landscapes. These older adults did not care that Cris didnt speak English. They seemed to be able to communicate just fine with gestures.

Angus smiled and left Cris with them and found Jessie and Yulong.

"If you're looking for Cris, he's in the tent next to Fenrir's. He's lifting their spirits with his sketching," Angus said. "It was his own idea. I hope you don't mind."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:44 pm

Ruby was uin the tent with the little ones when Edwrad walked in and spoke to a young nurse who was having trouble with one of the babies, she smiled hearing the baby soothe and then slip into sleep in his arms. Walking over she smiled to him " thank you" she said softly as she placed a soft blanket over the sleping babe.

Jess was pleased when Fenrir woke from his sleep and stayed close to him , when Edward walked in with a cup of beef broth she smiled but seeing him give Fenrir his she accioed another mug of hot broth and handed it to him " you need to eat too" she said kindly as she sat back down next to Fenrirs bed. Noding to Edward when he spoke of the cure she relaxed a little " thats good news not just for those here but any that are in St Mungos." she said.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:59 pm

"Thanks, Jess," Edward said. "I hope this toxin doesn't show up at St. Mungos, but you're right. it never hurts to make sure that some of the antidote gets there just in case. I'll be back in a bit." He went back to the main house to help Robert.

Angus and Marcus went out and cut more firewood, working stroke for stroke, side by side, not minding swinging an axe for a bit to help keep people warm. Sam and Victor wanted to join them, and Angus and Marcus both took some time to educate both boys on how to properly cut firewood. the boys were glad to join in, and both of them seemed to be enjoying helping.

"Marcus, don't forget you were going out later, weren't you?" Angus asked, as it got dark.

"Oh, yes. I am. I'd better go shower and clean up. I rather lost track of time. Thanks for reminding me," Marcus said. "Aria and I are going to try to help clear up that business in Puddlemere."

"Be careful," Angus said. "I had planned on going, since Suzanne has a part in it, but I really think I should be here."

"Agreed," Marcus said. He put down the axe and went into the duplex and showered and changed. Tonight, he wore a tailored black suit with a black cashmere turtleneck. He tucked a loaded revolver into a shoulder holster before he put on the suitcoat and tucked a switchblade into his pocket. He put on his suit coat and came downstairs, brushing off a bit of lint off his sleeve.

"That looks rather intimidating," Simone told him, feeding Caprice a snack before bed.

"That's the idea," Marcus said. "I'd better go find Aria i'd like to be there early to prevent them from getting the drop on us."

"Good luck. Be safe," Simone told him.

"Absolutely," Marcus replied. He went outside, hoping to find Aria, but he'd rather lost track of her in all the confusion.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 100 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top