A Birth day - Page 16
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 16 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 16 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:00 am

Aria listened to Angus and nodded " well she did herself" she said finishing her food and setting it aside. she saw the eagle tap at the window and how Angus opened it and then dropped the envelope into Angus's soup " I think he's annoyed nobody got the window quick enough" she said smirking she sipped her coffee. " and by the way that is what makes you a good employer, you listen to your employees and find facts e accusing" she looked at Ruby who had watched Archangel drop the envalope.

Aria watched as Angus pulled out the snippets from newspapers and she chuckled "Ah I see my contact was hard at work" she said chuckling to herself " I thought this would help Robert, it would let them know it wasn't his fault, but was in fact some unscrupulous deviant who was tampering with the potions." she said and sat back in her chair. chuckling to herself.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:20 am

"You might be right, Ruby. Or maybe he's unhappy because he hasn't been getting enough attention. I'll mention something to either Jessie or Jack. Maybe they can fly him this afternoon," Angus said.

"I shouldn't think it would be hard to fly him,' Edward said.

"It isn't," Angus said. "Kate did a superb job training him. He responds to a good many English commands."

"Maybe Aria and I can fly him this afternoon," Marcus said. "I figure I'll be outside anyway, probably cutting more firewood. There's no reason why she and I can't send him out flying."

"Kate's had a few training toys made for him. One is a flying toy and one is a fishing toy. And one is a hunting toy," Angus said. "The hunting toy needs to be hidden. And then, if he's paying attention, he should be able to hear it when he's flying, and he should be able to fetch it and bring it back to you. The flying toys and fishing toys work on the same set of commands. For the fishing toy, you set it loose in the pond, and it swims like hell across the pond. It randomly selects to swim either on the surface or just below it, and he's supposed to fly over the pond and catch it and bring it to you. The flying toy flies off like a shot, and he's supposed to catch it and bring it back. The toys have variable speeds from 1-5, with 5 being the fastest. The commands are simple. 'Fly 5,' tells the flying toy to fly as fast as possible. He already knows he's supposed to go get the toys and bring them back. I shouldn't think either of you would have trouble with him. But do be sure to take some treats with you. He does expect to be paid."

"I think we could do that," Marcus said. "It sounds easy enough."

"Oh, and thanks, Aria. I don't mind things being rougher for Tom and Suzanne," Angus said. He picked up his dessert container and opened it up. "Yum. So, what do we have? A banoffee trifle, a sticky toffee ice cream served with a warm treacle syrup, and a wassail madiera cake. Supposedlyl the madiera cake has madiera wine and has the flavors of traditional wassail with a warm sweet orange glaze." He took a bite of the cake first. "This one might be my favorite. Tuck in, All, and tell me what you like or what you don't."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:29 am

Aria heard Angus talk of flying Arch and she nodded " yeah no trouble at all" she said " as long as he dosen't mistake me for one of his toys" she said glancing at the eagle sat not far from them " but I could give him a good chase" she said and chuckled " as Marcus said we'd love to" she finished as he opend the boxes of deserts " oh , they all look wonderful" she said taking a bit of each to try " what? can't get an acurate desishion unless I try then all " she said and smiled " hey, the more trouble we bring there way the more likely they will get the mesage to stay away from Robert and his family." she said as he spoke of her contacting her freind

Ruby chuckled and took some of the midira cake to have with her coffee. "smells wonderful" she said taking a bite and smiling as she ate it. Ruby enjoyed each of the deserts but the trifle she found to be a bit too sweet for her liking but she knew others would have a sweet tooth and love it.

Once Aria had finished eating she took her plates and bowls to the counter and accioed the two toys for arch " so you want to hunt that it?" she asked him as he looked at her " come on" she said and offered him her arm to perch on " Marcus I'll be out side when you want to join us" she said moving to him she kissed his cheek gently then headed out to head to an open spot to let Arch fly.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:49 am

Once lunch was finished, Angus made sure the package was wrapped appropriately with the card attached. He went to the desk and got out two falconry gloves that went halfway up the forearm.

"You two will want these. You can borrow mine," Angus told Aria and Marcus, laying the gloves on the table. "Those talons are two inches or better, each. They can be painful if he has a mind to get a good grip on your arm. Take them in case you need them. He loves to play. He could keep you busy for a good while, I think."

"I think we would be wise to wear jackets," Angus then told Ruby. "It's nippy in Paris today, so the porting will definitely be cold. It's not quite 4 degrees Celcius there." He got out a black leather that had a black shearling lining. "I'm ready to go whenever you are. I think we should go so we can get back in case Evan has an issue getting Caprice to take her nap without a meltdown."

"Don't worry about that. If he has trouble, Simone and I are right here. We can deal with her. Take your time," Edward said.

"I'm ready whenver you are," Angus told Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:55 am

Aria saw Angus pick up some long gloves and walked over to him as he spoke "Oh good idea don't need Mr Claws cutting up my arms, kinda of need them" she said and took one slipping it on she let Arch rest on her now covered arm.Now with the eagle on her arm she walked out to the clea area and stood at the far end , winding up the flyer she tossed it into the air as she waited for Marcus to find her and join her to give the bird a real flight.

Ruby looked at Angus as he wrapped and packaged the candies she made a bow and added it to the box before smiling as he mentioned a jacket she accioed a warm leather jacket with fur around its neck and slipped it on. " Granda has it in hand" she said simply as she wrapped her arm around his so he could port them to Suzzane and Tom's home.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:17 am

Marcus followed Aria outside, taking the fishing toy and plenty of treats along. He watched her toss the toy into the air, and the toy flew off like a flash. Archangel didn't need to be told to go after it. He took off straight away to go catch the toy.

"He makes that look so bloody easy," Marcus said, watching Archangel just lift off effortlessly and shoot across the sky without any struggle at all, coasting on the wind current for part of the flight. "Khaat told me that eagles normally fly at 30 or 40 miles an hour but they can fly up to 100 miles an hour if they're hunting. I haven't even gone that fast on a hippogryff but I bet, if we could fly on an eagle, I bet that would be some trip indeed."

Angus picked up the box, and he ported them both to Paris, choosing to port in a distance down the block. He didn't like porting in right at the house. He didn't want to port in that close in case there was something going on. They walked to the house, and Angus walked up to the gate. He recognized the thug that was standing near the front door. When the thug saw Angus, he looked inside and apparently relayed to someone inside that there were visitors. The thug walked down the sidewalk to the gate.

"What do you want, Donohue?" the thug asked.

"I don't want anything," Angus said. "Just brought a little get well gift for my mother in law." He handed the box through to the thug.

"And why should she want anything from you?" the thug asked.

"I'm the father of her grandchild," Angus said, "and whether she likes it or not, Ruby is still her daughter."

"The only thing she wants from you is to see her granddaughter."

"Well, she's not in that box you're holding," Angus said. The front door opened, and Tom walked down the sidewalk towards them, with an armed thug on each side of him. Angus showed Tom his empty hands to show him that he was unarmed.

"What do you want, Donohue?" Tom asked.

"Just bringing a little get well gift for my mother in law," Angus said.

"She's not seeing anyone today," Tom said.

"Well, it seems the news is out that someone's been tinkering with St. Mungos' potions. Too bad for anyone who might have tried to do that. Those tamper proof charms are pretty nasty. So far as I know, the only way for those charm to be ended is to find the person who put the charm on those potions, but maybe you have someone already trying to find out who makes the potions for St. Mungos." Angus knew that it was common knowledge that Robert brewed those potions. He was just toying with Tom.

"So when is Robert going to give us the antidote?" Tom asked coldly.

"I suppose he'll consider it once you ask him for it," Angus shrugged.

"He's not there. We tried."

"Oh, that's right. He's not working. Your lads cocked up the job when they nicked the first batch, didn't they? Too bad for Suzanne. He could be out for a few days. Hopefully those tattoos look fetching on her."

"Nasty little weasel," Tom snarled at Angus.

"Well, maybe she shouldn't mess with things she knows nothing about," Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:25 am

Ruby walked with Angus once they had ported to Paris. She stayed at his side as they walked up to the gate of Tom and Suzzane's house. watching she could see her mother's face threw the netting on one of the windows as Angus spoke to Tom and his goons. She could see the faint lines on her skin and could not help but smirk and wave to her mother, as she did Suzzane disappeared from the window.

"Please let my mother know that as far as our daughter is concerned, or any other children we decide to have or are having she will never see them or be involved," he said hoping that she could sew the seeds of deception that there might be another on the way, which there wasn't and she knew it. She leaned close to Angus and spoke softly " I love stressing out my mother, its just so easy" she said smiling as she lightly kissed his cheek
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:38 am

"What's in the box?" Tom asked Angus.

"It isn't for you. Its none of your business," Angus said. He smiled at Ruby, knowing Ruby was satisfied for the moment by rubbing some salt into the wound. "Let's go," he told Ruby. "It looks like Suzanne isn't receiving visitors today." Angus turned around to leave and Tom shouted at Angus to stop him from leaving.

"Damnit, Donohue! How do I get this stopped for her! You know how! Tell me!"

"I'm not a potions maker, or didn't you know? I suggest she start by making an apology to Robert," Angus said.

"How? He's not in. We already tried St. Mungos, and you said yourself he isn't in!..."

"Maybe a very public apology might work. He does read the papers. You might get his attention if you make a very noticeable statement in the papers here and in England. Just a thought. Or you could wait until he's back in the office--whenever that is." He drew his wand to port out, and flicked it, as Tom bellowed a loud stream of obscenities at Angus. Angus landed them back at home in a twinkling.

"That ought to give him something to think about," Angus laughed. "Well done, Ru. I think we made a good team, don't you?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Nov 27, 2023 1:46 am

Ruby smiled at Angus as they turned to walk away, she heard Tom shouting and Angus's reply but said nothing as that was exactly what she wanted as well. " you want your cure, you got your answer. " she said simply as Angus ported them away and back to the duplex and away from her mother.

Once they appeared Ruby burst out laughing "Oh that was wonderful" she said and pulled him close to her for a kiss. " you remind me every time you do something like that exactly why I married you" she said chuckling Then with a quick kiss she headed into the duplex with a grin on her face as she just knew it would need cleaning up. " come find me if you need me my love" she sang as she entered the house still laughing.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:01 am

"I'm always glad to have you along," he smiled at her, glad she was happy.

"Well, she looks happy about something," Michael said as they ported back and landed in the yard near the porch.

"I just delivered a little get well gift to Suzanne," Angus laughed.

"Yes. Robert said something about some candy?" Michael frowned. ANgus accioed the plate of candy that was inside on the table in the duplex. He showed them to Michael, and Michael roared with laughter.

"Oh, now that is prime," Michael said. "They really are candy, though, right?"

"Yes," Angus said. He took one and ate it to show him that it was harmless. "Try one." Michael ate one and looked at Angus wide eyed.

"Those are fantastic!" Michael said. "The two different fillings are like getting two different candies in one bite. Looks like you had better luck with your candy than Jonathan Belby had with his."

"What do you mean?"

"Jonathan was asked to do a candy for a gender reveal party, but when he got the information, it seems the mother was actually having twins, a boy and a girl both. So Jonathan made a candy with a pink filling and a blue filling but something went off the rails because when they bit into the candies, everyone's candy had a purple filling, causing the father to ask, 'So, we're having a grape?'"

"Oh no," Angus laughed.

"You might consider lending poor Jonathan a hand before he gets asked to do more gender reveal chocolates," Michael laughed.

"I'll pass the word on to Marcus," Angus said. "I'll be happy to lend a hand to Jonathan. Or we could just ask Robert to change the babies all to grapes." Michael laughed.

"So how did you leave things with Tom?"

"Told him to put a very public apology to Robert in all the papers in order to try to find Robert to get an antidote from him," Angus said.

"You didn't," Michael looked at him.

"Oh, yes, I did," Angus nodded.

"Well, that will be quite interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for the evening papers, won't I?"

"I think we'll all be reading the papers tonight," Angus laughed. "Have you seen Evan lately?"

"Um...well, as a matter of fact, I saw him about five minutes ago. He was heading to your place, and Caprice was asleep on his shoulder."

"Really? He must have the magic touch. She hates going down for her nap."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 58 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top