A Birth day - Page 21
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Birth day - Page 21 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Birth day

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Birth day - Page 21 Empty Re: A Birth day

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:15 pm

Angus and Edward walked back to the house, and by now, Angus was feeling really spent. He was, however, impressed that Evan had actually invited them all for supper. He saw Ruby sitting outside on the terrace, and he sat down with her.

"If you intend to be awake for supper, Nigel will have to give you a bit of an assist, Mate," Marcus said, reaching up and activating the magic wrap on Angus's shoulder. It felt like heaven just getting some icy coldness on it.

"Thank you," Angus said.

"I'll go see if Rosaria has some sort of cold drink made up," Edward said. "Relax a little. I'll take care of the meeting with the funeral directors." He went inside, and a moment later Rosaria brought out a tray with some vibrant red drinks in chilled glasses.

"I haven't had this in years. Grazie, Rosaria," Angus said. She served one to Angus, one to Marcus, and one to Ruby and then left them again.

"You should like this," Marcus told Ruby. "It's a Crodino spritz. Crodino is a nonalcoholic product. That's the red color you see. She's mixed it with a little sparkling white wine and a little orange juice. It's very popular here, in both the alcoholic and nonalcoholic versions. It's quite tasty."

"We have an invitation to dinner--us, the girls, Marcus, Nigel, Edward and Simone. We've actually been invited to Evan's for supper with his family. He said he's already had a brief conversation with Nigel and knows I'm really not supposed to be up, so if I want to wear my pajama bottoms, he's all for it. I know Nigel would probably rather we not, but its the very first time I've been invited to any Donohue house other than Edward's for supper, so I'd sort of like to go. What do you think?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23605
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:25 pm

Ruby smiled seeing Angus and Edward walk in together she smiled as Angus seem to physically relax when Edward activated the magic wrap on his shoulder. Ruby looked at Angus and saw he'd had a very stress ful day so she said nothing just enjoyed being with him , when Rosaria brought drinks she thanked her and took a glass tasting it she found she liked it " its very refeshing even with the wite wine" she said knowing to take very small sips of it.

She listened to him talk of being invited to Evans for dinner and she smiled to him " I think thats a great idea but if you get tired we can come back and you can rest okay" she said taking his hand gently in her own. " oh Clive gave me this" she said and showed him the glass bubble from the box, " Simone says she has one too" she said and chukled " it has a little black dress ensobleinside" she held it out so he could see what lay inside it.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:45 pm

Angus took a drink of his crodino and then took the little keychain and looked at it.

"Leave it to Clive to come up with a clever thing like that," Angus said. "I bet you could change things out in that thing from time to time and then always have a change with you." He handed it back to her. "Evan says our girls met his girls and said they're getting along well. That's good. They need some friends their own age outside the pack, and since they don't go to Hogwarts, they are going to have a lot harder time making friends until summer. I think Evan's girls are home schooled, though I don't know why, but it could be good for them too. Anyway, tonight's supper is a come-as-you-are thing."

"So, what's the verdict, Angus?" Nigel asked, coming outside with a crodino in his hand too. "Are you strong enough to go to supper?"

"Found a crodino, did you?" Angus asked.

"You're late. This is my second," Nigel said. "Addicting, aren't they?"

"Italy has a lot of addicting things," Angus said. "Ruby and I were just discussing supper. I'd like to go but I'm pretty spent."

"Yes. I can tell. You have a couple hours yet. Why don't I get you some pain potion and you can rest up a little. Even being off your feet a bit will help, even if you don't sleep."

"Well, unless the family wants to brawl again, I'm not planning on going somewhere."

"If they start another bruhaha like that, you need to let Marcus get you out of harms way again," Nigel said. "You do not need any nasty old woman pounding on you again."

"Ruby doesn't know about that," Angus said.

"She does now," Nigel laughed.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:58 pm

Ruby chuckled and looked at Angus " simone says she has one and she keeps several changes of clothing inside it." she said smiling as she saw Nigel walk out to talk to Angus. She frowned alittle at the mention of a brawl but let it go knowing and seeing that everything was all right now. She could not help chuckle at the mention of a nasty old woman pounding on Angus . " no he does not, and the only woman pounding Angus should be me and if I see that woman, she will see this nasty womans temper" she said softly not angry just disapointed she didn't get her chance to set some of the bad side of the family straight." and yes, this crodino is delishious by the way." she said smirking to show she was teasing not angry that she missed the fight.

Ruby took a drink and looked again at Angus " you go and rest , and I agree they will make great freinds with no trouble when they start school, Evie and Faith took to them like old freinds today and they enjoyed them selves" She paused to take drink then continued " Olivander said Anise would have made a great Grifindorr and Ginger would have been a huffelpuff, he said Anise was a worrior too, I have to agree" she said smiling to Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:16 pm

"Basil's wife," Angus commented. "She was irked with me, and I suppose she had a right to be. Marcus was ready to break her arm, though."

"That's the job," Marcus shrugged. "Besides, I had help."

"Evan and Edward stepped in to help Marcus protect me, and that's when the brawl really began," Angus told her.

"You didn't notice, did you, but Evan has been in a pub fight or three. He knows how to brawl with the best of them," Marcus said. "Suppose he took lessons from your gran?"

"Caprice? Brawling?" Nigel said. "All I've heard about her is what a poised, gracious lady she was."

"She was. Apparently, though, she met my grandfather during a pub brawl," Angus laughed. That made Nigel laugh.

"Edward did seem to be having much too good a time with it," Marcus cast him a smile of amusement.

"Those people? He's been wanting to punch their lights out for decades," Angus said. "And he finally got just cause to do it. I bet they'll think twice before they ask him for money again."

"Either that or they'll blame you for it anyway," Marcus said.

"Well, that's a given," Angus said.

"God, your family has so many strange bits in it," Nigel shook his head.

"That's part of why Edward's been largely living in England in such a small little log cabin when he could be basking in Italian luxury," Angus said. "He loves the general idea that the family all lives in the same compound, but in actual practice, it just generally sucks. I've told him he needs to kick them all out, tear down the houses, and build more orchards and vineyards. I doubt he'll do it, but someday, I might. I might leave Evan alone, though. Maybe. Changing subjects entirely, how did the girls do in Venice? Did they get adequately outfitted, do you think? We really should take them for good, professional haircuts and maybe a mani-pedi. I think they might enjoy it. I bet Simone already knows the best salon here to do that, and I'm sure you probably know a salon at home but I was just thinking they might have a good time."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:31 pm

Ruby sat and listened to the men talk chuckling at the banter when Angus mentioned Venise she nodded "Oh I think Clive outfitted them fully and they got their to go bags too , nice ones i have to admit." she said then chuckled again " hum one or two" she admited "but I don't ushaly use them, but I do think it is a good idea though, might help girls relax, as well as Simone and yourself too" she said smirking " you are joining us too right?"

Ruby felt the wrmth of the drink and how it relaxed her with each sip but she knew all too soon they would have to make their move to Evans " I take it this dinner is informal?" she asked knowing Angus would never get in a suit or tux with his shoulder being as it was.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:48 pm

"Nooooo," Angus said, laughing. "Do I look like I would fit right in at a pink fluffy foo foo salon? Nope. Not going, and you can't make me." Marcus and Nigel burst into uncontrollable laughter.

"So there is something he's afraid of," Nigel laughed.

"Yep. Sounds to me like its pink taffeta," Marcus teased. "I don't know, Mate, you could make it a fashion statement."

"How would you like a black or blue fashion statement?" Angus teased.

"In answer to your question, yes. It is very informal," Marcus told Ruby. "Jeans and whatnot, I'm sure. It's grilling out by their pool. They told Angus they have an outdoor living area, and that there would be plenty of comfortable furniture, and a few chaises that he could pick one for himself. Evan actually did say that since he knew Angus really was supposed to still be in the hospital that if he wanted to wear his pajama bottoms, that they were completely alright with it. They just really wanted you all to come."

"I'll shrink some pillows and things and tuck them into my bag so that I can take care of anything you need over there, Angus," Nigel said.

"Better back a few pots of coffee. I might need them," Angus said.

"If you doze off, they'll just have to understand," Nigel said.

"It doesn't look like we're getting home tonight," Angus told Ruby, "not unless its late. I don't think I will be welcome at Uncle Basil's funeral, so I really see not much point in our staying here much beyond perhaps morning. But maybe when we get home, I can have my recliner back."

"We shall see," Nigel said. "Perhaps. That bed should be far more comfortable than that recliner, though."

"Its not. My recliner is worn in properly in all the right places," Angus said.

"So you've already worn it out, then."

"No. Its just broken in properly, like breaking in a pair of shoes."

"You're so full of crap," Nigel laughed. "Ruby, do you suppose someone needs to ask the girls if they're alright with going to supper at Evan's? They might want to clean up a little first. I saw them after that Twister game. They had some grass stains and a few mud streaks. They might want to wash some of that off and not wear their swimsuits over there. Just a thought, but they're your girls. You do as you see fit."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:58 pm

Ruby laughed out loud at Angus's ribbing of Marcus and smiled at them all " thats good and it sounds quite wonderful, to lay out under the stars." hearing Angus say they probably won't get home until the morning Ruby smiled again at him " were good with that dear" she said then heard him mention the recliner " well if Robert says its okay then I'll have Jack bring it up from the basement, but he might want you to stay in the bed a bit longer." she said but listened to him talk about it being broken in like an old pair of shoes. " that is true but some old shoes do more harm than good, but I know what you mean , thats why I kept it close so you can have your faithful frend back" she said chukaling.

Hearing the mention of getting the girls ready she chuckled at the mention of gras stains , " well they were playing twister, I wonder who won?" she said getting to her feet " I'll see if they want to come and hand changed" she said as she kissed Angus then headed up to check on the girls.

Knocking on their door she opened it and smiled " hey girls , we've been invited to Evans for dinner , you want to come?" she asked " you don't have to if you don't want to Im sure Faith and Evie can keep you company." she said standing in the door way a she waited for them to tell her what they were going to do " oh its informal so you can wear what you want" she added
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:12 pm

"I appreciate that you kept my chair," Angus said, glad she'd kept his chair around. "I'm sure Robert will have something to say about it. He has something to say about everything."

"So, while Ruby's going to talk to the girls, are you wearing these trousers and no shirt over there?" Nigel asked him.

"Should I take the trousers off?" Angus teased. Nigel rolled his eyes at him.

"I suppose you could but I thought perhaps you'd prefer to wear something impressive." Marcus laughed out loud at how Nigel very skillfully burned Angus.

"I'll get him into something, shall I?" Marcus laughed. "I did pack a few options for him so he wouldn't have to look like he just broke out of the hospital."

The girls looked at Ruby when she asked them about supper.

"We've never gone to someone else's for supper before," Ginger said, a bit anxious. "What if our manners are bad...like...animals?"

"If we ate like complete animals, Angus and Ruby would have told us by now," Anise said.

"If we go, we can't look like animals. We need to shower," Ginger said.

"We can do that," Anise agreed. "We could wear jeans maybe, do you think, Ruby? And you won't let us embarrass you or Angus if we go?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:19 pm

Ruby smiled at Anise and Ginger then shook her head " you could never embarass us, your our daughters, even if I didn't give birth to you, you are who you are, not an embaressment. " she said smiling " besides Im wearing jeans and a lose cotton top too, so go shower and meet us down stairs while I get Caprice ready and dressed, and you'll be fine Faith and Evie will be there too. " she said smiling to them.

Now with Caprice in a small pink dress and head band with white soft shoes she walked down dressed in her jeans and light cotton of the shoulder shirt her hair was up in a bun so to keep it out of the way and her makeup was light the only color was on her lips and that was a light red. Fnding Angus again she smiled to him " the girls are getting ready and I found this one awake so I got her dressed too, what do you think?" she asked showing Caprice to him with a smile.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 100 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 60 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top