LONDON CALLING - Page 17
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 17 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 17 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:52 am

Ruby relaxed a little when Robert, Kate and Michael along with Jack apeared she moved to stand with Angus as the box was moved outside to the yard. She stood quiet as everyone worked to check out the box. She had started to feel a little sick knowing it was from her mother when it was opened and Robert read it she placed one hand over his stomach and the other on Angus's shoulder to reassure her nothing could harm her or their daughter.

When Robert and Angus spoke about the box and its contents Ruby frowned and nodded "I agree, they can burn for all I care and I'm sure the boys will not want anything she sends, I'm certainly not having anything of hers around our daughter" She let her hand hold his shoulder a little tighter.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5351

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:04 am

"Ruby," Kate said, her hands on the packages now themselves, "I could be entirely wrong, but I really don't think that she had anything to do with the dark energies that were on this box. All I am getting from her energies that were on the box and the packages is some sort of great personal pain. Grief. She sounds like she might be misguided and even a bit ditsy, but I think she genuinely misses the boys and thinks your baby is already here and that Angus hates her enough to not let her see her first grandchild."

"And she isn't going to see her either," Angus said. "I was willing to work something out with her and then she took up with Gelding. Now all bets are off."

"And that's something I don't understand either. When it comes to him, there is a layer of misery attached to that. Like she didn't feel like she had any choice but to take up with him."

"There is always a choice--and a consequence of every choice," Angus said, "and hooking up with Gelding cost her her boys and her grandchild. Period, full stop."

"I hear you, and I can't disagree with you," Robert said. "I'll have these removed, and we'll check them out for you and get back to you."

"I'm in no hurry for them," Angus said. 'I will provide anything my children need."

"Let's take the box to the barn, and we'll get to it later," Robert told the rest of them.

"You have to stop getting rattled about these things," Angus told Ruby quietly as Michael and Robert levitated the box to take it to the barn. "We're safe. As long as your mother is still breathing and tied to Gelding, things are bound to happen. We just have to be at the ready for them."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23821
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:15 am

Rubytook a deep breath and listened to kate then nodded when Robert said he would put them in the barn. She looked down at Angus and again nodded " I know I shouldn't, but it just angers me, not so much as in the past but I was also taken a back by what Kate said , she's never been remorsful her whole life, not when I was living at home, but..maybe people can change, maybe she has finally realized Gelding is a realy bad and evil man" she said " and realized what shes lost. or..it could all be some elaborate trick." she added with a cheeky smirk as she spoke softly to him. "We're fine, I must begetting use to her ways, in the past I would have sent a fireball at it with out even opening it." she smiled down at Angus " guess thats your doing." she said softly and lovinly to him.

"now the trash has been taken out I have dinner to prepare and Andrew you sugestion for supper sounds delishious, all I have to do is find something to compliment that." she said and walked back to the duplex to find the folders with recipies in. She was not angry at her mother but strangly sad for her. Having lost her two sons and granddaughter just for being with the wrong man and never listening to Angus or herself to what he was. ut no she was not angry, nor upset she was just...moving on with her life and seeing she had bigger things than her mother to think about.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:38 am

Angus was glad that Ruby was feeling some relief, but after she left to go the main building, it occurred to him that he had done nothing more with Reginald and Suzanne's old house.

"Andrew," Angus asked, "where am I on Suzanne's old house?"

"Their things have been sorted out and boxed up. They're waiting for you to decide if there's anything more that you want to keep out for any of the Tylers or if it's all good to let go of."

"I think they probably have all they want, but do I have time to go and make one last walk through before we give it all away?"

"Sure. How soon do you want to go?"

"Soon."

Andrew took him to the house, and they made one last walk through, taking a last look at the countless boxes that held the entire lives of Reginald, Suzanne, Ruby, Jessie, and the boys. The only thing that seemed to be left that gave Angus any sort of pause at all was another jewelry box. Angus opened it and saw four men's pocketwatches, and a couple of good pieces of women's jewelry. He looked at each of them, and from what he could see, they were good quality pieces--all of them. One had a little sharp edge that cut his finger, but others seemed fine. Other than that, it was empty, so far as Angus could tell. He thought that perhaps, someday, Jessie and the boys might want the pocketwatches as a keepsake of their father's. Perhaps not. But he took it only as one last opportunity for them to have some sort of closure about their parents. Then he gave the directions to empty the house, clean it, and sell it. The Tylers needed to be done with darkness once and for all. Then he looked at Andrew.

"Will it be enough, do you think? Do you think I've honored them sufficiently, not because of what fabulous people they were but for their kids that have now become my family?"

"More than enough, I think," Andrew told him. "I think you've gone above and beyond anything that Ruby or Jessie or the boys would have ever asked of you. Shall we go home?"

"Yeah. That would be great." Angus put the jewelry box on his lap, and Andrew apparated him home. He got Andrew a cup of tea and then headed over to the main house to see if Ruby needed any help fixing lunch.

"How are you doing with lunch? Sorry, I meant to be here a bit ago, but Angus and I went out very briefly," Andrew said to Ruby.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 am

Ruby was busy in the kitchen or rather not busy as she walked over to him she brushed his shoulder " dust from my parent's old house I assume" she said brushing it off his shoulder folders to think of something to cook for dinner. She smiled hearing Angus's voice offering help with it and she nodded " thank you, I can't think of anything to make" she said softly as she turned to look at him " so did you finish what you needed?" she asked still smiling at him. "its okay, I good with what ever you want to do" she said " both for dinner and the house, its not our home its just brick and morter." she added as she opened jet another foulder.

Jessie moved with the box and sighed shaking his head at his mothers tanacity at wanting to see the boys and Ruby again. Yu walked over to them and saw the look on Jessies face. Placing his hand on Jessies shoulder he smiled at him " do not let bad intenshions cloud what is truly good " he said and Jessie took a deep brath and calmbed himself "better?" yu asked and he smiled and nodded. " good Im making Rainbow fried rice with prawns & fried eggs for dinner, I would be honered if you would join me?" he asked and Jessie didn't have to awnser his stomach did that for him making both men laugh.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:15 pm

"Seeing that box from your mom reminded me that I still own that house and all the stuff in it, and its been sitting for months without anything being done to it. And, with winter coming soon, I have to either be willing to pour money into it to keep heat and lights and water into an empty house to keep it from being damaged by winter weather, or I have to finish emptying it and selling it. If I let it sit all winter, frozen plumbing and no heat will cause the pipes to burst, and the water damage will destroy the house and any resale value in it. Id rather not lose my butt in it from my own carelessness. And if Jessie doesn't want the house either, then I need to get it out on the market and get my investment back from it. The workers I hired have all the belongings boxed up and ready to be taken to the charity shops, unless there's something you want out of it. They found a few pocketwatches and a couple pieces of jewelry that were probably your mom's that she either didn't want or forgot about. They put it in an old jewelry box, and I brought that back thinking that maybe Jessie and the boys might want a souvenir of their dad's someday. I don't think you should handle the watches though because one of them has some sort of sharp edge on it someplace because it cut my finger. I'll have to get that one repaired."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:55 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and nodded then glanced outside" he's with Yu right now, I'll send a message to him to call round" she said " I'm sure he'll tell you to sell the house, we don't have any Ties to it any more." she watched as he placed down a jewellery box and opened it so she could see several men's watches and she retched out not to take one but to close the box. " we can store them with the rest" she said then took his hand and looked at his finger " it's not too bad" she said breathing out in relief. Writing anote she sent it to Jessie.

Jessie saw the note as it flew to him and he took it down and read it. " I have to go to Angus , he wnts to talk to me." he said then out of the blue he hugged Yu " thank you" he said now with a smile as he headed to the duplex and up to the back door. Knocking he saw Ruby awnser it and he walked in. " you sent for me?" he asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:08 pm

"Thanks," Angus said to Ruby, glad she'd sent a message to Jessie.

"Hey, Jessie," Angus said, "Thanks for coming. I told Ruby that the box that Suzanne sent reminded me that I still own that house that Reginald and Suzanne used to own, and asdie from sending workers to pack up all the belongings that were in it, I haven't done a bloody thing to it. With winter coming soon, I have to make a choice, and as I see it, I have three. I can turn the electric and the gas and the water back on and pay for utilities for empty house. That doesn't excite me because that's a temporary solution at best. Or, choice two, I can leave it as is, and when it gets below freezing, the pipes will freeze and burst and it will cost me thousands of pounds to repair. So, I think choice 2 is worse than choice one. Or, choice three--if you and Ruby aren't interested in the property for any reason, I can put a little money into upgrading it because it really does need some paint and some repairs and some upgrades, and then put it back on the market for a much higher price than I paid for it and put the money in a trust fund for the boys. If you and Ruby want a cut of any profits once I pay for the upgrades and my initial cost in buying it, I'm alright with it. I only took it to help me protect the boys.

"Oh, and, yes, there are lots of boxes of possessions that Reginald and Suzanne owned. They're all boxed up and ready to go somewhere. I thought I'd have them dropped off at the charity shops. I did find an old jewelry box with four pocketwatches, presumably Reginalds, and a couple pieces of jewelry that I presume were Suzanne's. There's one pocketwatch I really don't think anyone should handle because it has a sharp edge on it, and it cut my finger when I picked it up. But I thought that if, at any point, you and the boys want any sort of momento of your father's, the pocketwatches might be a decent thing. But, you're welcome, of course to anything that was theirs. I already know how the boys feel. They want nothing to do with anything from either Reginald or Suzanne, and they think they've gotten everything from the house that they want. I know if I asked them, they'd tell me to take it to the charity shops or just trash it all. So, I think you and Ruby need to tell me what you both think the right decision is for their things and the house."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:16 pm

Both Ruby and Jessie listened to Angus and then looked at each other before Jessie spoke " option three, sell the house and put the money in Sam and Victor's trust fund" Jessie said Ruby nodded behind him " oh and as for the other things sell them or give them to charity, let some one good have some use out of them" he said folding his arms across his chest. " in fact any old toys of ours give to the Paris house for the kids to play with" he added. " if that's all I have to get back to patroling. "he said with a smile " I'll leave everything up to you, it is your house " he sid and chuckled as he left and headed back on patrol.

Ruby put down her knitting and looked at Angus " told you" she said smiling " this is our home not that house of horrors" she said moving to gently kiss him. Standing she moved to the kitchen " do you want a hot coffee, Im gussing that ones gone cold" she saidn motioning to the cup sat next to him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:24 pm

"Yeah, that's all, thanks Jessie," Angus said, He watched Jessie leave, and he listened to Ruby talking about how at home she felt now. "I do like Jessie's suggestions about the toys, but I think if we do that, I want them cleaned--like of dust and dirt, and then cleansed to be sure there aren't any negative energies we're taking to those kids. They've been through enough. They don't need any bad juju following them. Coffee would be great, thanks. How did you do with cooking lunch for everyone at the main house. Did you get that accomplished or do you still need to do that? The last I knew, Andrew was heading over there to see if you needed help with that.

"Oh, and we still probably need to move our things out of our room at the main house at least temporarily for Zoe because she'll be here in the next four or five days and she's going to need a place for a little while until there's either a cabin for her or one of the new apartments. I know we don't have that much stuff left over there, but I'm sure she'll appreciate not feeling like she's kicking us out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 28 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top