LONDON CALLING - Page 22
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 22 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 22 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:59 pm

Ruby smiled and nodded to Robert as she listened to him " please help your self" she said as she followed them over to the duplex. " of course, I made two trays " she said and motioned to where two trays that were in Kates hands then smiled seeing Angus and Marcus were back. Listening to him she was glad they had got everything but then she spoke " Don't worry Im not staying long, Would you please put my part into the savings for the boys please." she said to him and went to dish up supper.  

Looking at him she smiled " I have more than enough right here and well the boys will apreciate it more, Im not sure what Jessie will do, you'd have to ask him but Im sure it will be something sensable." she said as she walked over with the pies on a platter to the table. then she flicked her hand and the trays floated across as well settling near Angus and Marcus. It was now Jesie walked over to the duplex seeing the lights on and every one in it as Yu went to sit with Abby as she ate her pie and had her drink.

" Im good with what ever but I was thinking of building my own house close by" he said " can't stay in the single accomidation for ever now can I."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:15 pm

"Well, the other thought I've had, and its just an idea. We aren't going to be hurting for cash, and neither are the boys," Angus said. "We certainly can put our share into the trust fund for the boys. But--between the share that would go to you, me, and the boys, given all the gold and gems that are here, we might be able to fund a significant part of the property that we've been talking about for those orphan kids that the organization rescues--that adoption village we've been all having all these pipe dreams about? This is quite a haul here, and it might not fund the whole thing but we don't know yet what sort of money we can get from all these property deeds either. If we get enough, with the gems and the property combined, we might be able to fund the initial construction of the entire thing."

"Now, that," Marcus said, impressed with Angus's thinking, "is indeed a noble cause. It is almost a redemption for all of that blood money he stashed away--saving the lives of kids and giving them a fresh start. I'd certainly invest some of my own monies in that."

"And I'm sure Edward and Simone would too. We might end up with a large bunch of investors and shareholders that we could build this facility in fine style," Angus said. "But--its just a thought."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23598
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:20 pm

Both Jessie and Ruby stood listening to Angus sugestion and both looked at each other and a smirk crept on both of their faces as Ruby faced Angus " we both like that idea Angus, please do that" she said glancing at Jessie as he nodded to Angus.

"it makes finanshial sense, it would just sit in a bank other wise and we both don't want that." Jessie said looking to Robert and Kate too. Ruby nodded as Jessie spoke and smiled.

"oh best eat the ie before it goes cold" she said smiling at Angus " and I will head back so not to have ..him find me" she said but before she moved and kissed his cheek gently.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:38 pm

"I'll discuss it with Robert and Kate and Michael when I get the chance, since they are the organization founders. The decision needs to be theirs, but I can't imagine they'd turn it down," Angus said. "See you later, Ru."

A few moments later, Edward and Simone arrived back home, and Edward had a large leather bag with him.

"Moving out?" Angus asked.

"No, but Reginald might be," Edward grinned. "The things in here will help to 'ghost proof' your house at least temporarily. We might have to redo it when it rains, but it would help temporarily. These are things used by a number of different kinds of magic, and they're known to help." He opened the bag and got out a large glass jar. It looked like it had dirt in it.

"What the heck is that?" Angus frowned.

"It's a mixture of black salt, sea salt, and red brick dust. It's an old hoodoo recipe. It's sprinkled in a boundary line all around a property to create a spiritual fence of sorts. I've been told it's very effective." He got out a number of other similar items to create a fierce boundary around the duplex that Edward believed would make it very difficult for a spirit with dark intentions to enter. He didnt believe that a benevolent spirit would be kept out, but certainly any with any harmful intent would find it very difficult to enter.

Edward and Simone took about an hour to lay all the different layers of protections around the house, and then Simone fixed them a quick light bite to eat for supper, knowing that everyone else would have already eaten.

After supper, Angus told Edward and Simone about the stashes at the Tyler house and showed them what he and Marcus had uncovered. he also told them about his idea to use it to fund the property for the kids. Edward and Simone both loved the idea and wanted to invest too, if Robert would permit it.

Edward and Simone helped Angus find spaces for the new books he had bought, and Angus did have to put the majority of them over at Edward's, but that didn't bother him a bit. While they were putting books away, Simone was baking some large fresh chocolate chip cookies. When the books were all put away, Edward got out a deck of cards, and Simone made a pot of tea. Then the four of them, Angus and Marcus and Simone and Edward played cards until nearly midnight. At around midnight, Simone and Edward went home, and Marcus helped Angus up to bed with one of his new books. Marcus had picked out a book for himself, and he stationed himself in the boys' room until Angus went to sleep. He told Angus he would be in the master bedroom with Angus, but he appreciated that it would be awkward for Angus to get to sleep with a stranger in the room. So he spent the first hour in the boys' room so he would be within earshot of Angus until Angus was asleep.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:47 pm

Ruby smiled "of course" she said as she left for the main house, Jessie stayed and watched as they placed down protection to try and stop Reg from entering the house then he too headed to the main house to let Yu have a breather from Abby but he smiled seeing Yu palying with Abby and drawing pictures with her.

"Thak you Yu" Ruby said moving to sit with them smiling at Abby " you have a good time with Yu" she saked as she noticed Yu loking at the back door and smile as Jessie entered. " Yu , you can go I'll take over with her since Im staying here tonight" she said Yu looked at Abby and smiled.

"stay good and keep drawing," he said to her as he walked to the back door and he and Jessie walked out closing it behind them. Ruby just shook her head and continued to play with Abby. Soon she took Abby for a bath and changed her into her PJs before reading to her while she was in bed to help her sleep, once Abby was sleeping she made her way to the spare room and lay on the bed, which did fel too big but she knew and understood it had to be.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:16 am

Angus woke to the smell of fresh coffee brewing, and it smelled heavenly. He got up and made it downstairs. He looked at the clock to see it was seven am. He had slept in more than usual. Marcus was sitting, drinking coffee and reading the morning copy of the Daily Prophet, and Finn was happily eating breakfast. On the table was a plate of fresh baked scones.

"Good morning," Marcus said. "How did you sleep?"

"Like a rock," Angus said. "I take it things were quiet."

"All night," Marcus nodded. "Sit, and I'll get coffee for you. "Simone baked scones. She took over a large platter of them to the main house and brought this plate of them over here. She said they're orange with orange glaze. I haven't had one yet, but I may soon. I'm getting peckish." Marcus got up and poured Angus a mug of coffee. "So what's your routine for the morning?"

"Andrew should be here shortly to help me shower and dress and shave, and then he'll tend to making the beds and doing the laundry and some of those things."

"Well, when he gets here, I think you'll be safe enough when he gets here," Marcus said.

"I agree. Thanks for staying last night. I appreciate it."

"Not a problem. For what it's worth, I've always thought you were a good fighter, and your current limits does not impact that. You're no less a fighter now than you were, and I have always enjoyed partnering with you when we've had the chance. So it is absolutely my pleasure to back you up--always."

"Thank you," Angus said. "I appreciate it."

Over at the main house, Robert came downstairs, dressed, and holding a message in his hand. Kate and Simone were in the kitchen making a rather simple breakfast. Sausage links, a big bowl of scrambled eggs, a large dish of friend potatoes, and Simone's scones.

"I thought you were still sleeping," Kate said to Robert.

"I was, but I got a message from Michael. He got some intel at about 5 am. Our sources say that Tom Gelding and Suzanne were both significantly injured last night during the night and were rushed to some facility for treatment. I don't know whether it was St. Mungo's or not yet, but I will find out. Here's the kicker--reports say that their statements haven't made sense. Knives and cleavers randomly flying at them out of nowhere. Now, what do you make of that?"

"I think Reginald had a temper tantrum last night," Kate said. "Seems like he might have found out that what Angus told him was true, and if that's the case, he might be a little less hostile towards Angus--maybe."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:23 am

Ruby woke and got dressed heading down to the kitchen only to find Robert already there " do you need a hand?" she asked pouring some tea for herself and sipping it trying to make herself feel alive again and not half asleep. She listened to Robert mention that Gelding and her mother went to a hospital because of her father and she hoped he would leave Angus alone now.

"do you think hes done or will he come for Angus" she asked then paused " or me?" she knew that was probably not going to happen but he might hold grudge against her for leaving a she did and going about her own life. Taking some food from Robert she thanked him and moved to the table to eat. Once she was done she went and got Abby dresed and brought her down for breakfast.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:31 am

"I think we've got it, thanks," Kate smiled at Ruby, taking the bowl of eggs and the bowl of potatoes to the dining room, as Simone followed with a pitcher of orange juice. The coffee and tea and her scones were already in the dining room on the sideboard. "I think all we need are people to eat it."

"Why would Reginald come for you? I don't understand," Robert frowned. "Explain yourself. Just because you're his daughter? Does he have some grudge against you that we don't know about? I obviously don't know if he's done with Angus because if I had known that, I wouldn't have put a bodyguard with him last night."

Andrew arrived right on time at the duplex, and when he did, Marcus took his leave. Andrew helped Angus shower, shave and dress. Angus and Andrew made plans to take the jewels and put them, for now, in Angus's vault at Gringotts for safekeeping, and he was debating on putting the deeds there too but he wanted to get a better look at them and at the properties they were for.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:41 am

Ruby looked at Robert and shook her head " don't worry about it, I thought about it because of the way I left, we weren't exactly on the best terms when I packed my things and walked out, he didn't like it but he probably has better and bigger things and people to haunt, but I do hope not Angus now" she said eating the breakfast she'd gathered on her plate. Se looked at Kate and smiled "breakfast is wonderful" she said as Jessie walked in and over to sit and eat breakfast " moring Jessie." Ruby said.

"morning guys" he said as a few moments later Yu walked in yawning but looking like hed taken his time to dress.

"ah good morning" he said to Robert and bowed to him then moved to sit and eat. " Im on barn duty so will be feding the animals." Jessie and Ruby looked at him.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:59 am

"Ruby, I didn't meet your father, so the best I can do is speculate," Robert said. "However, men that are hardened criminals like he was don't generally care about other people enough to get rattled by choices like that. And, honestly, even the best parents are generally glad to have their kids finally getting out on their own, even if their departure isn't on the happiest terms. From what I've heard about him, he seems like he generally only cared about himself, and if that was the case, then I seriously doubt that he would have been angry that much at the mood you were in when you left. Even if he weren't happy about it, it wasn't that big of a deal that he's going to haunt you for it. When people cross the veil, generally speaking, a lot of things that mattered when someone was alive just aren't important on the other side.

"I can't tell you about how he feels about Angus, and, truth be told, he might not know yet himself. Angus was the one who killed him after all, but being betrayed by his wife and his boss--the two people that actually did matter in Reginald's own twisted way, now that I can see that he would want to send them a message that he very much cares about their betrayal. We'll have to wait and see what he does next." When Yu came into the kitchen and bowed to Robert, Robert returned the bow.

"Good morning, Yulong," Robert replied. "Would you take some special care this morning with Brian's black stallion? He seems to have bruised his back hoof on the right. I did do the best I could with it but I expect our vet will most likely be out this morning to treat it unless we can make some headway with it ourselves. If the horse is still having trouble, do have Jack send for the vet, would you, please?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 28 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top