LONDON CALLING - Page 47
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 47 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 47 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:11 am

"He's alright," Edward told Jess. "They never approved of Angus wanting to follow in my footsteps. Angus didn't want to do the werewolf hunting but he did much prefer the adventure as to any sort of normal routine. And they thought it was pure immaturity and foolishness that he couldn't get a 'normal' job like everyone else. He's angry, but he's entitled."

"Sounds like your training is going well," Angus said. "Good. Don't worry about Tyler. He came, first, because there were rumors going around that I got hurt because I buggered up the mission. They've never liked my job anyway. Never considered it a real career. So someone shows up every so often and tries to point out the 'error of my ways' to me to try to get me to get a 'real job.' I'm used to those little lectures. And, second, he came because our dad sent him to try to strongarm Edward into going home to Tuscany.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:25 am

Ruby stood listening to Angus he moved till she could take his hand in her own. "This is a normal respected job and you didn't bugger anything up." she said softly "Hum, guess we'll have to get use to that if there going to continue to call on us like that." she heard what he said about strong arm Edward to going back to tuscany. " I hope he told him where to go." she said " hes a grown adult he goes where he wants , they can't make him do what he doesn't want."

Jess sighed and shook her head "I guess they don't understand what we do is for their safty and the safety of all others , I'd be angry too, he's a vital componant of this family and hes the most mature person around." Jess said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:35 am

"Don't let it get to you," he told her. "Consider the source. Trust me, they're not worth it. If Benjamin weren't strongarming Tyler somehow, he either wouldn't have been here at all or he would have been a lot friendlier. He gets tense and stressed when Benjamin is pushing. And I don't know why Benjamin has to do that every so often. It isn't like I'm going to pay any more attention to him. And as for Edward? He's having a great time, and he's not got any intention of going back to Tuscany right now.

"There isn't anything for him to dislike. He's got people who value him for him. He's treated well. He's got friends and good food and a lot of fun and laughter. Nobody's arguing or bickering, and nobody's trying to hit him up for cash. So why should he go home to an empty house and a bunch of snarky, snotty, greedy people? What I'd like to see is for him to find a woman of his own. A companion to just go to dinner with or to share his bed with. Not necessarily marriage. Just a companion of some sort. Maybe I'll ask Kate and see what she has to say."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:48 am

Ruby sighed and nodded " maybe its becuse he see's you moving on and happy and he hates that, sounds like hes acting like a petulent child." she said taking his hand in her other hand too. " and Im glad hes happy here, " she said walking with him now.

Ruby chuckled " as much as I agree with you, you can't rush or force love if hes ment to find some one he will again, but yeah maybe asking Kate to play match maker might be right up her alley." Rubys said with a bit of a chuckle. " I could see him with a strong woman, some one to tell Ben and the others to bugger off if he comes calling, but she has to treat you right as wel, i don't want a gold digger for a mother in-law."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:57 am

"Nah," Angus said. "He's greedy, flat out. He's always been about power and money. And that's not how Edward lives his life. Edward has always been interested in others. And, when he's not working, he's savoring life. He drinks the wine because he savors the taste. He works in the garden because it brings him great joy to see something grow. He paints because he likes the creativity. He appreciates all the zest to life that he can cram into his life. His children and grandchildren don't understand him--except for me. And the great grandkids. They grew up spending some time with Edward, so they get him--well, at least more than their parents and grandparents do."

"I don't think Edward would marry again. I think he would have a girlfriend, but I don't think anyone would replace my grandmother. He's a very earthy guy, though, so I think he would definitely go for having a bed partner but I don' think he'd marry her. And Edward having any woman in his bed at all would just really piss off Benjamin." He said it and then flashed her an amused smile.

"All the more reason for me to try to find him a hook up," he said, liking the ida of pissing off his own father.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:11 am

Ruby laughed and nodded "oh I agree with that thought, and thats so like some one else I know." she said with a chuckle " and anything that pisses off you father should be good, but as for a bed fellow for Edward we'd better get the duplax build so he has some place to bring the women he dates and well he's seen you grow just like the things he cultivates, you've grown strong, tall and indipendant." she said "and no one will replace her, she was your grandmother." The more she heard about his family the less she liked them and wondered if his father had a realy dark side they knew nothing of. But she didn't regret being with Angus one bit, it made her want to stay at his side even more.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:56 pm

As she finished speaking, Edward came out and called to them.

"I'm going out for a bit into town. I want to get a few things. Do you need anything while I'm out?" Edward asked.

"No, thanks, I think I'm good," Angus said. "Are you up to going?"

"Certainly," he told Angus. "Can't stay under Nigel's thumb forever. I'll be back later." He drew his wand and apparated out.

"God, he's independent," Angus sighed. He had no real need to be concerned for him, not that he knew of.

Edward went into London and did a bit of shopping in Diagon Alley. He bought a sketch pad, some sketching pencils, and a set of charcoal sticks, a set of pastel sticks, and some blending sticks. Then he went to Flourish and Blotts for a couple of books. He was browsing in the mystery section when he saw an old familiar face.

"Simone Salazar, is that you?" Edward asked.  The older blonde woman turned to look, and when she saw him, she was all smiles. She went over to him and they embraced. He gave her a friendly little peck on the cheek.

"My God, how are you still so handsome? You haven't aged a day," she said.

"Your fibbing skills leave much to be desired, my dear, but you just get lovelier and lovelier."

"Where have you been keeping yourself?"

"At home. You know, not much work for an old werewolf slayer," he laughed. "What about you?"

"Well, since Maurice passed, I've just been tinkering in my garden, and, well, you know..." she said.

"Hard, isn't it?"

"Unbearably. The loneliness is just consuming. How have you been?"

"The same. Lonely. I've always thought I should have asked you on a date when we were in Hogwarts, and i never could muster up to do it."

"Ask me now," she said.

"Shall we...go somewhere?"

"How about a pint?" she gave him a warm smile.

"Absolutely," he said. They took their leave of the bookstore and headed to the Leaky.

Robert and Kate and Michael returned from their meeting in Paris. It had gone well, Robert thought. They had gotten promises of additional fighters to help them take out any and all of Gelding's known locations, along with lots in promises of extra espionage support to try to find out what else they might be hiding. Salvatore confirmed what Marcus had given them, along with a list of Benjamin's known bank accounts and investments and known associates. From what it looked like, Benjamin got darker and darker and his reach into other countries got longer and more dangerous. It was time to tell Edward.

But when he and Kate got home, they found Edward had gone out. Michael decided he needed to be useful, so he started in on baking a Victoria sponge and then was going to move on to fixing some sort of supper.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:36 pm

Ruby looekd at Edward and smiled shaking her head " same, Im good" she said and watched him port out. " just imagine when our first becomes like that." she said then chuckled " think of it as trainning for that day." she couldn't help chuckle slightly. "So, a soccer team or football team?" she asked smirking up at him.

Jess smiled and moved to start cheesy gnocchi and meatball bake for dinner knowing it would not take long to prep and bake. She boil the kettle and heat a deep ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat. Preheat grill on high then heated a pan and water as she deseed capsicum and sliced it and some onion. She added oil to a pan then slit end of several sausages and squeeze small portions of mince from the casing into pan she cooked it and tossed it in the pan a minute until brown. She then added the capsicum and onion to pan and cook, tossing it for 2 minutes or until onion starts to soften. She added the sauce and Stired until combined. While the meatballs are cooking she pour the boiling water into a large saucepan over high heat. She then added the gnocchi and cook until the gnocchi rises to the surface then Drained it. She added the gnocchi to the frying pan and tossed until well combined the she sprinkle over cheese and Grilled for 1-2 minutes until melted then a s afinal garnish she topped it with parsley.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:51 pm

"One of each, and maybe a baseball team. I like baseball," he teased. "That gives us an even 30 kids to shoot for. You know, I really am glad, actually, that he feels free to do that. I don't know if he really feels quite so safe to do that at home. I don't think he's afraid of Benjamin, but he is wary--and maybe rightly so--of what Benjamin will do while he's gone. But, I think he's got his assets protected from Benjamin now, and I honestly don't think Benjamin knows that. Probably, what he doesn't know won't hurt Edward. And, it has occurred to me that Benjamin might be the reason that Edward hasn't dated since my grandmother died. I think he would consider any woman in Edward's life as a significant threat, and Edward would never encourage that if he thought it would put her in harm's way."

Michael finished with his Victoria sponge and made some macerated berries to put on the top of the sponge. He garnished with a bit of powdered sugar. It looked magazine perfect.

"Your casserole smells wonderful," Michael said. "Kate's got some fresh spinach that needs used, so I could make some spinach side salads with a warm bacon dressing to go with your casserole, if you like." He looked out the window and saw Angus and Ruby still in Kate's herb garden. "Oi! Make yourselves useful, you two, and fetch some basil, some dill, and some scallions, would you?"

"Certainly," Angus called back. "Send us out the garden trug?"

"On it's way," Michael flicked his finger at Kate's garden basket and floated it out to them.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:58 pm

Jess smiled and nodded "That sounds a great acumpliment" she said then chuckled seeing him call out to Angus and Ruby then send over the basket. Ruby laughed and took the basket from where it floated.

"okay basil, dill, and some scallions." she said looking around " oh over there, scallions" she said moving from Angus to the streaight green shoots. Taking out her pen knife she snipped several large bunches, but left some for another time before looking around for the basil and dill. " now where is the Dill?" she asked and glanced at Angus " you found anything?" she asked smiling as she watched him move among the herbs.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top