LONDON CALLING - Page 73
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 73 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 73 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:27 am

Angus was studying the modern yacht, and thought it looked similar to some of the ones his family owned. As they approached, he saw the captain and the first mate, dressed in their white uniforms, standing on deck, and they appeared to be going over a list of some sort.

"Ahoy!" Angus called. "Permission to come aboard?"

"Ahoy! You must be the Skipper Donohue," the captain called, "and your own First Mate."

"I am," Angus replied. "And she is indeed my first mate."

"Well met, then. Come aboard," the captain motioned them. Angus went up the gangplank after Ruby to make sure she didn't fall, and the first mate offered to lend her a hand. The captain was a man a little older than Robert, by Angus's estimation, and he had salt and pepper hair and a well trimmed beard and mustache to match.

"So, you're one of Edward's boy, are you?" the captain asked with his thick Irish brogue, shaking hands Angus and Ruby. "Joe Brennan, captain of this fine ship, and this is my first mate, Rhys Kelly. Edward tells me you passed your Yachtmaster coastal test. Well done, Lad."

"Well, that's true, but I've also passed the Yachmaster offshore and the Yachtmaster ocean test." The captain looked thunderstruck.

"You're pulling my leg," Captain Brennan said.

"No, I'm serious," Angus said, taking out his wallet to show Brennan his licensure card.

"Well, your pap was holding out on me, then." Brennan said. "Well, it's my honor to serve Edward's grandson and a a fine captain at that. Mr. Kelly, take our honored guests and get them a bite of breakfast, and then we'll put out."

"Aye, Sir," Kelly replied. Kelly to them to where breakfast was set up for them on deck. There was a selection of croissants, muffins, crumpets, jams, clotted cream, butter, fresh fruit salad, juice, tea, and coffee, set out on a large coffee table in front of a large, deep sofa. The sofa had a wonderful panoramic view of the Mediterranean, and, when Angus sat down, he realized the sofa was exceptionally comfortable.

"Is there some sort of activity the two of you had in mind for your day aboard?" Kelly asked.

"Nothing specific for me, I don't think. I'd be happy with just sailing along the coastline so we can do a little sightseeing. Ruby? Anything you'd like to do? Any stops you want to make?" Angus asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:41 am

Ruby followed Angus abord the ship and chuckled when the captain called her his first mate but she took his hand and stepped onboard and onto the deck. " you have a beautiful ship captain" she said moving below deck to sit on the sofa. She heard Angus and smiled " siteseeing is wonderful but is there any place to swim maybe a quiet lagoon." she asked " but if not its fine, a leasherly cruise is good too." she saw the spead infront of her and smiled.

"The food looks great, thank you Kelly" she said poring Angus some coffee and a cup of tea for herself. " Angus did you take your tonic this morning?" she asked him gently
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:52 am

"Well, there are some beaches that have swimming. I don't know of any lagoons--not the kind I think you're talking about--that are accessible by this ship, but I can ask Captain Brennan," Kelly said. "Also some very fine dive sites, if you're into snorkeling and scuba diving. Some of the finest dive sites in the Mediterranean."

"A lot of lagoons lay closer to land, like along a coastline, but I think checking with Captain Brennan is a good thing," Angus told Ruby. "Lord, I haven't been diving in years. There are still some things I realize I don't know about you, Ruby. I know you swim but have you ever been snorkeling or scuba diving?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:11 am

Ruby listened and at the mention of snorkaling or scoba diving she smiled then heared Angus and she chuckled " well, I can scoba dive, I started snorkaling but loved it so much I decided to see if I can scoba but haven't in years,guess I got too into my work." she told him "I just did leasure diving, not anything in the sea like wreak diving." she smiled at him and chuckled " it would be my first." she said taking a cuasaunt and cutting it in half to add butter then eating it warm.

She sat back and looked out over the water then looked to Angus and smiled " suits you, being on the water" she said feeling the boat rock gently as they moved from the dock. Taking out a small drawing book she started to sketch. It image smlow appeared on th page there in black and white was a picture of Angus looking out over the water with a soft smile on his face.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:30 am

"Well, I sort of fell into the whole water thing," he told her. "As I understand it, my uncles and my father got the idea that we should be into the yacht charter business because it was crazy lucrative. And it really is, but then they decided that we needed to keep as much profit as we could, so they decided that some of us needed to learn to sail, not just how to run the business. My father said I was going to learn it, and so I guess I did. Not sure how I didn't grow up hating it, but part of the redeeming factor in it was that it was something my father couldn't do, so he was never around. It got him out of my hair.

"And, after a point, it put me in touch with some of Edward's friends, and they always accepted me. They taught me how to be a big help on their fishing boats and, well, I learned a little bit of everything. And what kid doesn't dream of pirates and adventure and finding treasure? Maybe, between the boats and Edward, maybe that's where the adventure bug caught me. I don't know.

"But I get out here, and it feels safe, feels like an old friend," he said, stretching his legs on the sofa. "When my shoulder is healed, I'd like to maybe take a sailboat for a weekend sometime. There is something that is completely magical about raising the sails on a schooner and sailing with the wind rather than just with an engine. Haven't done that in ages. Have you ever been sailing on an actual sailboat?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:46 am

Ruby listened to him and saw the excitment in his eyes at the memory and smiled then shook her head " nope, never sailed on an actual sailboat, maybe you could teach me some time as it sounds hevenly." she said smiling as she continued to sketch the ship and Angus.

Ruby looked up at the helm and saw the captain and Kerry she smiled " maybe just the two of us would be better" she said " Once your shoulder heals, it will be fun." she finished the sketch and placed her book down on the table knowing he could see it. " and yeah, like I got into the ministry to be able to leave my home so I didn't have to hear my father putting me down just becuse Im female and not male like my brothers." she said moving to lean against him on his good side.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:56 am

"Sailing can be work but i think its energizing," he said. "It certainly can be something we can consider. Some sailboats are large enough that they had quarters and salons and galleys below deck. It's certainly possible that, if the weather would hold, that it might be a good way to spend a weekend."

"Being practical, though, where we ought to put our efforts is in getting the duplex built. And I suppose we might want to alter the plans just a little now that Edward won't be living alone. But I don't want him feeling like he needs to go back to Tuscany any time before he truly wants to.

"And he's going to have to do something with all of the business things he had entrusted to Benjamin that, honestly, I doubt Benjamin ever really took care of. I do not want to change jobs and relocate to Tuscany. And I don't think Edward would ask that of me, but we do need to know what sort of a mess he's gotten Edward's finances in. I'm almost afraid to know."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 4:11 am

Ruby sat and listened to him and could not disagree with his logic or reasoning in regards the duplex " Yes I think it would, hum might need to make it two split cabins." she said " maybe we could put the herb garden in between the two homes so we both can use it." she sugested. Listening to him talk about his father and how he not done anything in regards the business's and may have got the finances in a mess. she sighed knowing that Ben could have left them in a real big mess.

" well, I offer my help if you want, being in the ministry I needed to know a few things about business deals and finachial organising, its what...She put me in charge of before sending me out on missions." Ruby told him " I could go and look into things at the ministry there will be records and filings." she told him " I want to help Edward and Simone be comfortable in there new life and not worry about business dealings and stuff."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:22 pm

"I really do want to pursue the duplex, rather than separate houses--simply because, as Edward ages, I want him closer. I think that's a good idea for you to check the records. I don't know if there's anything to find about Benjamin or Eileen and their dealings at the ministry, but its worth a look. And certainly its worth seeing if Roberts' connections with Salvatore at the Italian ministry to see if there's any evidence there of Benjamin's crimes. Robert may have already done that, but when we get back, I should ask him.

"My understanding was that Benjamin was the person who ran the family corporation. You see, the vineyards, the winery, and olive oil operation, and the charter business are all divisions of the same large family corporation, and, so far as I knew, Benjamin spearheaded all of that. My brothers headed up the various divisions, but Benjamin was the chairman of the larger family corporation. I don't know if my aunts and uncles and siblings and cousins all know yet that it all comes to me when Edward dies or not. So far as I know, though, it was only Benjamin and my brothers that had any interest in the family business anyway. In essence, when Edward dies, I become the owner of the very things Benjamin managed. That would have been massively awkward to have the man who hated the very air that I breathed managing my assets. I'm hoping whoever he hires to replace Benjamin is somebody that I can at least get along with--just in case.

"But that's for another day. Today, why don't we go diving?"

The diving had been like a breath of fresh air for him. He hadn't been diving in years, and he had forgotten how much he had missed it. The cruise on the yacht was what he had needed. It was like life being infused into his veins. He didn't want the nerve tonic or the sleeping potion either one. He believed that the key to it was for him to just pull himself up by his bootstraps and get on with life. When Edward and Simone resolved to return to England, Angus truly believed that it was what he and Ruby needed to do too.

So, two days after they went diving, Angus found himself back home at Brian's, and as much as he wanted to be 100%, he knew he wasn't quite yet. He talked to Brian about taking a leave from missions work, truly frightened that Brian would fire him if he didn't pick up all of his duties again. Ruby had been right, though. Brian didn't even think about firing him. In fact, just as Ruby had predicted, Brian believed it was a very wise choice. He believed Angus needed to step away from life and death things for a little and get on with the things that gave him security and stability.

And so it began again. Angus was in the kitchen a good portion of his daytime hours and when he wasn't in the kitchen or the office, he was outside or in the barn. When his nerves seemed to not be as strong as he wanted them to be, he poured himself a bit of firewhiskey, and it seemed to do the trick temporarily. And, if he wanted to at least get to sleep without the sleep potion, he figured out the key was to do enough activity that he was too tired to stay awake any more. That didn't always ward off the nightmares, though. He was giving it his best to try to be the person he thought Ruby deserved.

They hadn't been home more than a day or two when he got another letter from Tyler. And then letters came to him from his uncles and aunts and cousins and his sisters--the whole blooming bunch of Donohues were on his back. Their muggle contacts and customers had noticed that they hadn't seen Benjamin in some time. Well, that was inconvenient, wasn't it? They couldn't tell the muggles he'd been killed because he was a werewolf. That would never do. So, Angus took it upon himself to buy two plots in a muggle cemetery, buy two coffins and two markers, and then he arranged for the burial of the two empty coffins and the placements of two headstones, one for his father and one for his mother, and he released two phony obituaries through the muggle newspapers.

Edward hadn't known a thing about it, until he was suddenly hammered with condolences and sympathy cards and more flower arrangements than any twenty people should have received. The owls were now bringing endless packages and letters for him, and Edward was starting to be more than a little annoyed. Edward went downstairs in the middle of the morning after they'd been home for not quite a week to find Angus kneading a huge batch of dough for homemade bread.

"What have you done, Boy?" Edward asked him quietly and seriously.

"Shut the muggles up," Angus replied, not looking at him.

"Screw the effing bread," Edward said, trying not to be angry with him, "turn around, look at me, and tell me what you've done."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:45 pm

Ruby listened to Angus and smiled " okay duplex it is" she said happy to have him still close by even with simone. Ruby enjoyed the scoba diving even though she didn't realizing just how rusty she was at it. She soon picked it back up and enjoyed seeing the fish and other things under the water along with enjoying being and swimming along side Angus.

Returning home an extra day later she was glad he was trying but not happy he was sneaking a small drink of fire whiskey to calm his nerves rather than using the perscribed medications Nigel had given him but she kept quiet, she knew that if it got too out of hand she would say something but for now it was just evry so often and not reguler as far as she knew.

Ruby returned from the trip and went back to her trainning with Owens in Paris. On this day entered the kitchen "Hi Edward." she said and looked between the two of them " um..problem?" she asked poring some tea for herself as she glanced at the bread Angus was making. " I can finish that Angus, go talk to Edward." she kissed his cheek as she took over the bread making from him
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top