LONDON CALLING - Page 46
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 46 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 46 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 am

"I got the feeling the other night that Benjamin Donohue is a man who strongarms people for his own gain," Michael said to Jess, "and I don't put it past him that he might be a bit of a dark character himself. There is something really negative in Benjamin. I can't put my finger on it, but I get the sense that Benjamin Donohue is not a man to run afoul of. I think Edward either knows more than he's said or suspects it, but I think Tyler probably kowtows to his father to avoid some sort of severe negative consequence. I think, in this case, Tyler might be making a wise choice. I've been thinking I might need to do some digging on Benjamin Donohue to see what sort of secrets he's hiding, and I might just do that. I don't want Angus hurt, and I don't want Ruby getting legally tied to Benjamin by way of marriage to Angus if Benji Boy is as big a criminal as I suspect he might be."

"I can make a couple of requests myself," Robert told Michael. "I'll try to go see Salvatore and see what he can find for me."

"Salvatore?" Kate asked.

"Italian Minister of Magic," Robert said. "He detests our current minister, so I'll get in to see him with no trouble."

"I'd love to be a fly on the wall," Kate said.

"Then you should come along. Salvatore has been begging me to bring you along because he wants to see exactly what sort of a woman would get tied up with me and choose to have my children. And you should know, he's a hopeless flirt. Harmless, but a relentless flirt."

"I think I will go," Kate smiled, now keenly interested.

"Then you should change. You can't wear jeans to Rome, my sweet," he said.

"I won't be half a tick," she said, going to change. Michael saw Angus sit down with Edward and Tyler.

"I would love to eavesdrop but I won't," Michael said. "Just keep half an eye in case there is some sort of trouble. I don't expect it, but we still should keep in mind that Angus and Edward are both on the disabled list."

"Tyler won't try anything here," Robert told them. "He's not on his home turf, so he wouldn't have any place to hide or get away to. And I honestly don't think there's criminality in Tyler. I think Michael's right. Benjamin is far more likely to be the crooked one."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:14 am

Jess listened to Michael and chuckled " sure your not part seer too, thats exactly the vibe Im getting from Tyler." she said then noticed Jack standing not too far from them " wouldn't worry about trouble Jacks watching out." she said motioning to Micahel in his direction. Turning slightly she listened to Robert and Kate.

"so would I, I get the feeling Mr Donohue has skelingtons in his closet, large skelingtons " Jess said folding her arms across her chest. " he might not pysicaly do anything but phycological damage hurts just as bad, but I agree even if Ruby won't care about it I don't want to see her or Angus hurt, call it a big sister syndrome." she said with a slight frown on her face.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5135

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:24 am

"Benjamin has some dark friends," Marcus said quietly. It made everyone turn and look at him.

"What do you mean?" Robert asked.

"His business associates are mostly muggle, and here's the link that bothers me. Some of the names that he's made a great deal of money from are some of the same names that I've seen in your log books are being names and addresses that you've rescued children from."

"Oh, now that is not what I expected to hear this morning at all," Robert said, scowling. "Are you absolutely positive?"

"Would I have mentioned it if I were not?" Marcus asked.

"I need to see it. I want to see your evidence--right now."

"Certainly." Marcus drew his wand, flicked it and disappeared. Robert was deeply troubled now. He did not want to have to tell Edward or Angus either one that Benjamin might be up to his eye teeth in connections to Gelding and Gelding's dark business.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:31 am

Jess scowled as she looked out to Tyler but hearing Marcus she turned to look at him " wow thats not good" she said and watched as Marcus spoke to Robert then left " I for one belive him, hes never been wrong, right Kate " she said looking over at her.

Jack staid watching as several grounds men walked over and geve their reports. Soon he started walking towards Edward and tyler " hey Tyler, everything all right Edward?" He asked standing slihgtly behind Edward on the porch so not to seem too intimidating to Tyler.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:51 am

"It's fine, Jack," Edward smiled. "Tyler wanted to thank Angus face to face and wanted to make sure he was alright."

"I told him the truth," Angus told Jack.

"Not exactly," Edward said, trying to conceal some anger he felt towards Angus at the moment. "You told him you buggared the mission and nearly killed yourself and everyone else and would have if we hadn't saved your 'sorry ass.' And that isn't what happened. If you're going to tell him what happened, at least tell the truth." Edward proceeded to lay out the facts to Tyler as they had actually happened, how missing the trip wire had been an easy thing to miss, but he had put himself in harm's way so that the rest of the team could rescue the children and almost ran out of time to save himself but that the team had made sure that everyone had gotten home safe and sound.

"Why would you do that?" Tyler looked at Angus, frowning.

"What do you mean?" Angus asked.

"For a family that doesn't give you the time of day, and most of whom wouldn't push you out of traffic if your life depended on it."

"Because that's the job," Angus said simply. "Doesn't matter whose kids they are. They deserve to not be left behind. Bringing them home and making sure the ones who hurt them to go Azkaban for the rest of their lives--its what I do."

"I could never do that," Tyler said quietly. "You risk your life for...a job?"

"Risking my life is the job," Angus said. "It's isn't for a job. It is the job. Somebody has to do it. I'm good at what I do, and I serve with the finest people I've ever known in my life. That's why I do it."

"And what about your wife...your girl...your whatever-she-is. What sort of a life is that for her?"

"She serves right along with us. She knows the odds, and she's still here. That should answer your question. She's a strong woman..."

"I hope to hell you arent planning on bringing kids into that," Tyler scowled. "To a life where either one of you or both of you might not come home at any given moment? What sort of life is that for a child..."

"Enough, Tyler," Edward said quietly but firmly. "It's the same life that Angus had, and he's done very well by it. Watch yourself, because this is starting down an old tired road, and I'm not going to have you drag Angus down the same road you've all tried to drag me down. This is your one warning. Back away, or I will send you on your way."

"It's alright, Edward," Angus said, keeping his cool.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:59 am

Jack listened and did not like what he heard he gave a growl " hey!" he said sharply " we do what we do for this family, and as for the kids its the best, myself and my wife have brought three kids into this life already and all...I mean all of them are happy, our son wants to join us when hes older." he snapped "No one disses this family, Edward or angus." he said feeling his anger start to boil " these men right here are the best in their field and every one respects what and who they are and what they do."

Jess moved quickly out the door to Jack and placed her hand on his arm. " I sugest you take Edwards warning and leave" she said softly while looking at Tyler " or my husband wil show you what we can do, first hand." she sighed and shook her head " we do what we do for family and non family alike, its what decent people do when the athorities can't or won't."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:24 am

Marcus apparated back in with the documents that he had promised to bring to Robert, and he turned them over to him. Robert read them carefully. It bore out everything Marcus had said and more. Some of Edward's hard earned money had been used, through Benjamin's embezzling to fund Benjamin's money making schemes that had linked him to Gelding. Robert had no desire to break Edward's heart. He doubted it would break Angus's heart, but he was sure that Edward was as clueless as everyone else had been.

"This is one I have to do myself," Robert said quietly.

"No," Michael said fiercely. "We make no exceptions for criminals. We don't know how dangerous Benjamin Donohue is. We do this as a family like we always have. Edward and Angus are on medical leave, and we will handle this without them accordingly. Then we will tell them together." Kate came back into the kitchen, changed in a beautiful summer sundress with a flowing A-line midi skirt, in a pretty floral print and some light little wedge sandals.

"Will it do?" Kate asked.

"He's going to hit on you," Robert said. "Just be ready for it."

"Well, good," Kate laughed. "No one has flirted with me or tried to pick me up in a long time." She came over and kissed him. "Don't worry. You're the only one I actually let pick me up." He laughed, not threatened.

"Kate," he said, "you need to see this." He showed her Marcus's paperwork, and she looked at him, flabbergasted.

"What will you do?"

"The one I'm concerned about right now is Angus. I think Edward would manage, but for now, I'm going to go to Paris and Rome. And then, maybe, I'll have it sorted in my head what I need to do with Benjamin."

"Shall we go?" Michael asked.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Kate asked.

"If he's going with us to Paris and Daphne will be there, you can be sure he'll be leaving with Daphne--so, believe me, his clothes won't matter."

"Robert," Kate scowled, "you don't think..."

"He's been seeing Daphne since Alette got sick years ago."

"Really? Good for you, Michael. Congratulations," Kate smiled.

"Thank you," Michael smiled. "I say we're free to go because if it goes on much longer out on the porch, James is going to drive Tyler into the ground like a tent stake. I think they're in good hands."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:32 am

Jack looked at Jess and calmed a little then looked back at Angus "Sorry I know hes your brother, but pepole who talk like that get right up my goat." he said then looked at Tyler " now Im going on my patrol, be gone when I get back or I'll arry you to the front gate and drop kick you off the land...got it?" he said and turned to Jess kissing her he smiled and moved away from them both.

"he'll do it so I sugest you go." she told Tyler. She paused feeling robert, Kate and Michael leave then looked to Edward and Angus " I'll start dinner." she told them " don't stay out too long theres a storm brewing." she said unsing the metaphore to indicate she didn't trust Jack to hold his temper should tyler remain when he returned from his patrol. Jess moved back in to the kitchen and stood with Fudge. " family hey fudge" she said with a sigh.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:53 am

Kate and Robert and Michael ported out to Paris, and Robert couldn't help thinking that he should postpone it for a bit to deal with Benjamin. But he also knew Lee and Daphne would be waiting.

Fudge looked up at Jess and made a little chirping noise, as if were agreeing with her.

"They don't realize they don't need either of them to protect you from your own family," Tyler sighed. "Well, alright. What do you want me to say to Dad?" He looked at Edward.

"Nothing," Edward said. "I'll not put you in that position. I'll send my own message when I'm ready to do it." Tyler stood and drew his wand, and he looked at Angus.

"At some point, you will have to talk to him, you know. He's still your dad," Tyler said.

"He lost any privilege to that years ago," Angus said, unmoved.

"He won't see it that way," Tyler said.

"I don't really care," Angus said. The two brothers embraced.

"I do care about you, you oaf," Tyler said.

"I know," Angus said. Tyler flicked his wand and apparated out.

"Are you alright?" Edward asked Angus.

"Yeah," Angus said. "Are you?"

"Always," Edward smiled. He picked up the coffee mugs and carried them back in the kitchen. Angus stepped off the porch and went to take a little walk through Kate's herb garden.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:02 am

Jess chuckled at Fudge but breathed out seeing Tyler leave, she saw Angus walktowards the herb garden and thought it was a good time to gather more parsly and chickery for the kitchen. Grabbing Kates herb basket. " is he truly okay?" she asked Edward seeing him enter the room.

Ruby finished her trainning and returned to see Jess and Edward Jess holding the herb basket . " okay so what happened?" she asked noting the some what coolness in the air. She saw Angus walking in the herb garden and moved out side. Walking over to him she stayed quiet.

"Everything okay?" she asked as she drew close to him. " ownes says Im improving slowly." she smiled at him but she could see on his face that something bothered him " okay so what did your brother say?" she asked.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 46 of 100 Previous  1 ... 24 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 73 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top