LONDON CALLING - Page 48
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 48 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 48 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 48 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:09 pm

"Yep," he replied, picking some handfuls of fresh, crisp basil and chucking into the basket. "Kate has a ton of basil because its one of the ones we use the most, and there's a mountain of it over at Brian's if we use it all here. Dill..." he paused for a moment, scanning the patch for the feathery fronds that were dill leaves. "Ah. There." He took a couple long strides and found the dill.

"I find I don't use dill so much because, personally, I think it can be a bit overbearing. Reminds me almost too much of a pickle, but, as I said, that's just personal preference." He picked some dill and put it in the trug. "That should do it, I would think--unless he's making pickles." He picked up the trug and carried it into the house.

"Oh well done," Michael said. "Perfect."

"What are you making?" Angus asked.

"Spinach side salads with hot bacon..." Michael was speaking, and an owl flew into the kitchen and landed on Michael's shoulder. "Well, you're rude," Michael scowled at the bird. The owl screeched loudly right in Michael's ear.

"I think he thinks it serves you right," Angus laughed. He took the message from the owl and read it and got a bit of a mystified look on his face. "Not sure what to make of this, exactly." He handed the note to Ruby to read.

It was short and simple. "Ran into an old friend here in town, and we've decided to spend the night in town. Don't wait up. E."

"Now who the devil would that be?" Angus frowned.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:14 pm

Ruby watched Angus find the dill and basil and smiled as he placed both in the basket. Walking at his side she followed him to the kitchen. She moved as an owl flew in and rested on Michaels shoulder. She placed the basket on the counter as Angus read the attached note. Taking it from him she rrad it and chuckled " maybe hes met a lady freind?" she said Jess looked at them all.

" well how many old freinds does he have that he'd willingly spend the night with?" Jess said putting the finishing toushes to her dish. " I'd do as he says and not worry , you'll find out in time" she added passing a small scrap to Fudge and smiled as Jack entered the kitchen.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 5128

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:24 pm

Michael took the note and read it and then smelled it. It smelled very faintly of hyacinths.

"You're a bit off your game, Lad," Michael said. "Your grandfather has found himself a hookup. The paper smells a bit of hyacinths. It's a French perfume, and an expensive one. I happen to know this one, and you don't need to know how, but the lady is classy if she wears this. And since she wears it very lightly, she is well mannered and restrained. Somewhat conservative. Probably a little older because young women simply couldn't afford it and would probably not gravitate to this one because it's made by an older perfume house."

"Okay, thanks, Sherlock," Angus teased. "Ruby, feed the owl a treat from the jar, would you?" Michael took the trug and took the herbs from it to give the herbs a quick rinse and dry before chopping them.

Robert came into the kitchen and saw Angus and Ruby there with Michael.

"Angus, could we talk a moment? I have some news that is going to involve both you and your grandfather at some point," Robert said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:29 pm

Jess chuckled and nodded to wards Michael as he spoke to Angus and Ruby. She saw Ruby chuckle too " so he did find a lady after all" Ruby said as she took a treat and gave it to the owl who took it and ate " thank you mr Owl." she said seeing it brighten up. She saw Robert enter and looked puzzled at him wondering what news it was but she knew if she was to know Angus would let her know when he wanted to. " go, I'll help Jess, um..Edward wont be back until tomorrow hes with an old freind and is out for the night." she said looking at Robert.

" A female freind." Jess said looking up as she prepared some fresh made bread rolls.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:39 pm

Robert took Angus into the library and gently explained what they now knew about Benjamin. Angus was beyond livid. It explained everything, and he felt frustrated he hadn't seen it before. He just hadn't put the pieces together. It made so much sense, and now, with everything he had in him, he found a whole new reason to despise Benjamin.

"I'll have him, Robert. He's my responsibility. I'll have him, I swear..." Angus began.

"Angus," Robert said calmly, "no, he isn't your responsibility. We're a family. He's our responsibility, and, as Salvatore sees it, Benjamin is an Italian citizen, so he's Salvatore's responsibility too...."

"He'll never get near him. I'm Edward's sole heir, and I'm Benjamin's oldest son. I'm supposedly his heir too. This is my task," Angus said.

Marcus had been passing by the library door, and hearing the discussion, he knew exactly what Robert had told Angus. Marcus motioned to Jack.

"Angus might need us," he told Jack quietly. "I found some information about Angus' father. He's one of Gelding's fences. For years, he's been moving Gelding's 'goods' for him from Gelding to muggle families and making damned good money to do it. Angus might need us to keep him from going to try to handle Benjamin. We need to follow Robert's directions on this one and not let Angus go do it on his own."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:46 pm

Jack heard raised voices and moved closer seeing Angus move past him and Marcus mention benjamin's name he frowned and nodded. Ruby heard as well " if your going Im going too." she told them " Im not going rouge but that man is evil, and I want to give him a peice of my mind, besides I might be the only one who can calm him." she said looking at Marcus " and don't try and stop me ether."

Jess sighed and looked at Marcus. " we've got this , take them and make sure he dosn't do anything stupid." she said returning to her bread making. Ruby checked her gear and waitied still in her own clothes not mission wear.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:59 pm

Angus stormed out of the library, and Robert looked at Jack and Marcus and Ruby.

"He's not going anywhere," Robert ordered. "You understand me? We're not going to let him go off half cocked. We operate as a team. Angus doesn't get to do this himself, not tonight, not any time. No one is going to do anything about Benjamin Donohue tonight. I owe Edward more than that. This is Angus's father, yes. But it's Edward's son. I'm not doing anything until I can talk to Edward. Don't you lot let him get out of here."

Robert stepped out of the library and into the kitchen.

"I'm going to leave this situation with Angus up to Ruby and Marcus and Jack for now, but promise me you'll keep an ear out, and if he seems to get by then, promise me you'll bind his magic at least until after I talk to Edward. I would do it but my magic is still kerfuffled."

"That's pretty drastic, even for you, but, alright. If you say so," Michael said quietly. "If he seems like he's going to get by them, I'll do it."

"Thank you," Robert said. "Angus's mind is still reeling from nearly losing his life for his family and then to find out his father is a major player for Gelding--it flies in the face of everything Angus stands for and believes in. And right now, I'm sure it feels like the straw that broke the camel's back. I think Marcus and Jack are close enough to him and big brother-ly enough to keep him from getting himself in a world of hurt, but I need you as my backup plan."

"You've got it."

"Angus," Marcus said, putting a strong arm around Angus's good shoulder, "before you go, Mate, let's talk it through." He accio'd a bottle of firewhiskey, hoping to deter Angus entirely. "You are completely entitled to feel the way you do. I agree with you, but let's talk this through first."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:07 am

Ruby ran to catch up to Marcus and Angus Jack hung back to watch. " please, listen to him Angus." she said moving to hold his hands in her own gently. " have a drink and we can all talk about what we can do, best to have a plan right?" she said softly having seen the bottle in Marcus hand. Ruby lit the fire pit and accioed a tray of glasses floating them to a small table. " come and sit down." she sais gently pulling him to a seat. Jack moved alittle closer and sat down to one side feeling the warmth from the fire against his skin and face.

Jess looked at Michael. " if you can't do it, I'll back you up, as much s I'd hate to do it Roberts right." she told Michael hearing Robert request that if they couldn't calm Angus to bind his magic to stop him leaving the estate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:22 am

Angus allowed them to divert him outside to the firepit and allowed Ruby to coax him into sitting. He didn't say anything because his mind was in a whirl. He didn't want to cause this much drama to the people who still had any ounce of respect for him left. But he did not know how to cope with the fact that he felt like his entire life had been a massive lie.

He didn't feel like the grandson of one of the greatest men who ever lived. He was the son of a major criminal who regularly had committed atrocities against wizarding families. And some of that money had been used to raise him and his siblings. It had been a massive lie.

Marcus poured a stiff glass of whiskey and handed over to Angus.

"Drink," Marcus said. "Its just whiskey. Drink. And talk to me. What are you thinking?"

"I don't even know," Angus said, taking the whiskey. He drank it all down in one go, without coming up for air. Marcus cast him an amused smile. He hadn't expected that, but he refilled the glass.

"Angus, how do you think Edward will react? He hasn't been on good terms with Benjamin for some time, clearly. Is he really going to want you to take this on by yourself?"

"I can't ask him to do this!" Angus said. "It's my job to take care of him..."

"Edward Donohue is still a formidable force of his own," Marcus said firmly. "He does not need or want your protection yet. That day might come someday in the future, but he is healthy and vital and strong and a force to be reckoned with. You don't owe it to Benjamin to face off with him without Edward, but you do owe it to Edward to talk to him, and then, when the time is right, we will all go with you and let the two of you lead. We will deal with him together."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:30 am

Ruby let Marcus talk holding Angus's hand " hes right" she said simply Jack remaind quiet as he watched Angus but now he spoke up.

"Hey, Marcus is right, hes not just done your wrong , hes done us all, so its every ones fight, yeah you have more of a right , so does Edward more so since dick...dill weed is his son, but we're with you as a team." he said and sat back on the chair. Ruby sighed and lent against Angus her ehd resting on his arm.

"yeah we all will help bring him down, but its ultimatly up to Edward, wait till hes home tomorrow and tell him then if he wants to go , we'll all go with you and him, but please clear yout thoughts and focus, rember a clear head means you can make rashional decishions."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 100 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 74 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top