Second quiditch training - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Second quiditch training - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Second quiditch training

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Second quiditch training - Page 6 Empty Re: Second quiditch training

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:20 am

Jemma got up and cleaned herself up again.
"I can do it, I just can't talk at the same time." she explained to the others.
She got back on her broom and tried again. She made sure not to say a word and concentrate completely on balancing. It worked! She stood up for a bit, not knowing what to do next. She slipped back down to a sitting position, then flew back over to where Zoe and Mariana were. She seemed to travel extra-fast when she was standing up. Strange.
"Ok, I'm ready. What next?" she asked Mariana.

Second quiditch training - Page 6 Qw9nLyk
~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~
~ biography ~ thread tracker ~

Set made by me. Want one? Accepting requests here.
Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 6601
Special Abilities : Seer, Occlumens, Apparation and Astral Projection.

http://www.zazzle.com/magicalmalteaser*

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:24 am

Zoe heard this question and was having a hard time controling her laughter. "Your going to love it."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:43 am

"Maybe you didn't understand me well.I want you to slip off your broom and hang down before getting back into sitting position." repeated Mariana after she saw what Jemzy did/
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:48 am

"So no jumping. Do it slowly. Gotcha." Zoe said as she repeated what she had done earlier only slower this time. It was a lot smoother this go around.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Mariana Diggory Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:54 am

"Call this a game practise.The point of this is learning to do the same at top of the stadium equally as down here.If a bludger or Qwaffle or Snitch flies at you with big speed you need to be quick in order to avoid it or hit it properly.Why do I say 1 hand?Other one you must use to evict a bludger and throw it at your opponent at same time/" she gave an example to Zoe who was a Beater./
Mariana Diggory
Mariana Diggory

Number of posts : 16276

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:01 am

[[OOC: I didn't hear you say that Mari, I was just sitting down so I could fly back over towards you guys.]]

Jemma was slightly confused, "I didn't heard what you said the first time," she told Mariana.
"Anyway, so I stand up, fall and catch the broom with my hands, then pull myself back up." she repeated the instructions that Mariana gave her.
She thought it was a good idea. Mariana did have a very good point, this would be a very useful away to escape bludgers coming at you.

~ enjoying her sixties ~ divination professor & head of hufflepuff ~ single ~ seer ~

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:02 am

Zoe nodded. Mari had a very good point. She went up a little futher than where they had been practing. This time standing didnt seem odd at all. She did it without really thinking about it. Then just like that she took a step off and fell. Quickly she grabbed her broom with one hand. It took her a few minutes but them she finally had to use both hand. "Ok so I can grab with one hand but not get myself back up here. How do I do that?"
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:10 am

Jemma flew up a little higher than before, as there was more space to fall properly. It wasn't often you tried to fall on purpose! She stood up and then jumped off the side of her broom. She only caught it with one hand. She managed to grab it with her other hand. She was now hanging down. It took her a good five minutes to get herself back up again. She needed to practise that a lot. She couldn't afford to loose five minutes in a Quidditch match. That would give the other team plently of time to score.
"No idea, I can barely get up with two hands!" she replied to Zoe. Zoe would only have one hand to use, as she would be holding her bat in the other. This would be extra-hard for Beaters to do in a match.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:42 am

Zoe had to nod at Jemma. She was right. This was really going to be hard. So she tried again. Practice had to make prefect. She tried again. But it still took both hands to get up. "What am I going to do? I can only use one hand in a game. How in the heck am I going to get back up with only one?" Zoe had no idea how she was going to do this. She tried again but slower. She finally did it. "Hey I did it. It wasn't very pretty. But I did it."
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Jemma Tiquelle Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:46 am

Jemma decided to try again. She really needed to get quicker at this, otherwise it would be no use in games what so ever. She flew to a different spot in the pitch, one which was closer to Zoe and Mariana. She stood up, fell off her broom and caught it easily. She was getting better at the first part no problem. The difficult part came after. It still took her a few minutes to get up, but she was improving at least. Once she had gotten up, she flew over to Zoe.
"Hey, I saw you get up with one hand. That was awesome!" she commented truthfully. She could only just do it with two hands, how Zoe managed to do it with one hand amazed her.

Jemma Tiquelle
Jemma Tiquelle
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top