Darren's House - Page 26
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Darren's House - Page 26 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Darren's House

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Darren's House - Page 26 Empty Re: Darren's House

Post by Ginevra Malenki Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 am

Ginevra had been so concentrated on not tripping that she had not noticed Darren waiting at the bottom, knowing she was going to trip because they were around each so often. Not everyone knew that the more she concentrated the worse she did. Usually it was the other way around with normal people but really, was Ginevra normal? Most likley the answer that was truthful would be no. Ginevra was Ginevra, there was no one like her and there never would be. "I don't do it on purpose." Ginevra told him, shrugging as she planted her feet on the ground again. Her mom had always told her she just had two left feet. That was possible but just a weird thought at the same time. Rolling her eyes at his next comment, you had to admit, it wasn't the smartest one he'd ever come up with. "You'd think if I could walk normally I would."

Eyeing Darren carefully as he bent down towards the ground, she didn't trust him with something such as snow and her, standing there as a very good target. She was still in the house, though, she was good, right? That was what she was thinking, so she took her time. Looking at the scarf, she rolled her eyes and wrapped it around her neck, not placing it over her face because she knew it would look idiotic and it wasn't that cold. Not knowing if Darren would catch on (and hoping he wouldn't) but the only reason she was even wearing the scarf was to stall getting out in the snow where he was forming a snow ball. Ducking as the snowball came flying towards her, Ginevra let out a high-pitched screech, though it came out quiet, she looked back where it had hit the ground behind her. Not being able to herself, she laughed and waved her wand, cleaning it up in an instist so a puddle would not form. Pocketing her wand away safley, she went outside and shut the door behind her. It seemed Zoe wasn't coming anytime soon.

"Darren Riddle!" she exlaimed, her mouth dropping in fake anger she she bent down to the ground, grabbing a ball of snow within her own hands, starting to form a snowball within it as she continued to talk, not removing eye contact from him for a second. "Depends, do you even want to go? If you don't, I don't." she told him, the explanation was simple for it but just incase he asked or rolled his eyes, she spoke once more. "I came here to see you so whatever we do is fine with me, don't worry, I haven't gotten a hint of boredem yet." this was the truth, she never seemed to get bored in the company of Darren, they found something to talk about or do while with each other. Grinning wider over to him, she winked before sending the snowball she had formed straight at him. She had good aim for a girl, playing years of baceball (though she had hated the sport and still did to this day) with her dad, she had never worn out of the talent.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Number of posts : 13516
Special Abilities : Wandless

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 am

[man, seriously.. -.-]

Darren found whenever he concentrated or hesitated before doing something he was always worse at it. Such as Quidditch, he always played better when he wasn't trying so hard. It was odd, but he wasnt exactly the most normal person. Gin definately wasn't, she was the most backwards person in the world. "I know you don't" he said grinning. Seeing her roll her eyes, he realized his sentence hadn't really made much sense. "What i meant was if you didn't hesitate before every step you might not be so clumsy," he explained, also rolling his eyes.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Gin putting on the scarf, good, she had listened to him for once. He coulodnt pretend he wasn't surprised she had listened to him for once, that was really odd. Chuckling as Gin ducked from the snowball, he was a bit amused at her reaction. The way she had screamed, it sounded like he had thrown a grenade! Rolling his eyes, he muttered. "Snow isn't going to kill you, you know?" He took out his wand to clean the snow before it melted, but Gin did it before him, so he re-pocketed it

Seeing her come outside, Darren smiled, glad she was enjoying herself. "See you like the snow," he told her, grinning. It was odd at how easily she said his name, she didn't care he was a riddle at all, that made him really happy. Watching her with a fake frightened expression as she bent down to take some snow, she probably couldn't even throw it that far! "Of course I do," he said instantly. It was a lie, and not a convincing one, Darren would never want to go to a muggle town, Gin knew him enough to tell that. And he wasn't a great liar as well, well, he hadnt had as much practice as Gin had, it was barely his fault. Seeing her stand straight again, Darren braced himself, though he still doubted it would even come close. He was surprised though, the snowball came really fast and he barely had time to react as it hit him in the face. "Nice throw.." he commented, grinning as he brushed the snow off his face with his hand.
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:43 pm

[baha, xD]

Ginevra got what Darren was saying now but she didn't think it would work because Darren himself was not clumsy at all, he was more than fairly stable. Today was one of the few days that it seemed both her and Darren were in a good mood and she was glad to see it, everything always worked out better when it was like this. "Might being the key word there." Ginevra interrupted, talking more to herself than him as he thought about it. One of the only reasons she tried to make herself not trip was because she had made a human domino before but she didn't want to do it again, especially not if Darren was the one she could possibly hurt when falling; stairs aren't exactly the softest things.

Ginevra's eyes were still wide from dodging the ball of wet slush the people around her called snow that had come at her thanks to Darren. He had good aim and she was lucky to have ducked because if she tried to just move out of the way she doubted that it would have missed her. Hearing Darren's comment on her reaction, she blushed really lightly but didn't care. Not wanting him to see the blush, she knew she could probably pass it off for the redness the cold weather gave your face. "You never know, it could." she informed him, laughing as she shrugged. Her reaction hadn't just been because snow was coming at her either, it had also been because what else did you do when something was flying at you? Sure as hell not just let it come up and hit you! That'd be just plain stupid.

Nodding her head, she shook it side to side when he looked away. Right now it was okay for only one reason and that was him but she didn't exactly feel like announcing that at the moment. Ginevra hadn't cared for a second from which family he came from, she had known him for how long and never found one thing wrong with him! Just because you were from one family didn't mean you were like them, she knew better than to judge by that, or anything for that matter. Lying about his answer, Ginevra looked at him and nodded, pretending to actually believe he was lying to her, just to see what he'd do, if anything at all. She was a good actress, always had been. "Well then, I guess we can make our way over. How far is it if we walk?" she asked, not sure of it at all, she had only apperated to and from his house before.

Seeing the snowball collide with Darren's pale features, her mouth dropped in surprise as she had been expecting him to not let it hit him. Clapping her hand over her mouth, she muffled a giggle [lovethatword]. Jogging over to his side to see he was still grinning, she couldn't say she was surprised he was surprised. Most people just took one look at her and guessed what she could and couldn't do; they were always wrong. With Ginevra you could never guess because she was everything you expected layered with a lot more of what you did not expect in a lifetime. "Well thanks." she replied, smiling as she looked at his wet face. Glad there was no wind, she couldn't help but watch him get it off impatiently, not wanting him to get sick from the cold wetness on his skin for so long. Man, here was her protectiveness.

[=)]
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:03 pm

[4!? 4 paragraphs? Bleh, bloody proboards woman -.-]

"Well you might as well try it," Darren said, rolling his eyes. "I mean, you can't go any more clumsy.." He knew that Gin had just hesitated because she was worried about making him fall as well, which was just stupid. He didn't get it, how hard was it to walk down one step with no obstacles in the way? Sometimes he wondered whether she was actually human, she was just so odd sometimes.

Darren was also slightly surprised at how she had dodged the snowball, her reflexes weren't really bad actually, but he nearly always underestimated her. Watching her, he frowned, she seemed to be getting cold, there was a pink colour on her face that was usually given from cold weather. "Are you feeling cold?" he asked her, slightly concerned. "I'll use a heating charm on you if you like.." Without waiting for a response, he waved his wand and used the charm. It wasn't really cold, but whatever, he was just over-concerned about her.

Darren smiled smugly, he knew her well. She was always making assumptions, now that she had actually went outside to the snow, she was enjoying herself. It seemed more fun than staying all day in the house anyways. He was surprised she had believed him, it was one of his weaker lies, she usually caught on to his better excuses so he was wondered whether she was just pretending she believed him in order to go to town. Well, if she wanted to go to town, the would, no matter how much Darren hated going into a muggle place. "Walk?" Darren echoed, rolling his eyes. It was odd how Gin so often forgot they could do magic. That's what happened when you lived with muggles! You start acting like them. "Well I thought, we would apparate, but we can walk if thats what you prefer," he said to her shrugging. "Its an hour to town."

Gin always seemed to surprise him one way or another, it was mainly because he underestimated her so much. And she was quite a hard one to figure out anyways, she was sometimes - most of the times - a total goof, but othertimes she could beat him in stuff. He had already been caught surprised at her quidditch and dueling skill. For someone so clumsy, you'd think they'd have a harder time managing in the air than on the ground. But no, as he had said before, she was a totally backwards person. Seeing the worry in her eyes as she ran next to him, he scowled. He hated it when she did that. "So were going to town then?" he asked.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:23 pm

[I can't help it when you give me more lengthly replies. xP]

"Maybe I will one of these days." Ginevra told him, sighing. She would try it eventually but thinking about trying it was already getting complacaed. She never got how people didn't think of walking, it was such a difficult moving. Half of the problem wasn't just her hesitating, it was also her thinking about what she was doing. When Darren trialed off, she wondered if he was thinking that she could. Could she? She doubted it but it was possible, though she really hoped it wouldn't happen. Being clumsy gave you no upper hand to anything at all at anytime, sometimes it even gave away her when she did not want to be noticed.

Blushing seemed to pass by with a breeze, no thoughts of it actually reaching Darren, he thought what she had thought he would. "No, i'm fine, my cheeks just get red when.. I get contact with now." she informed him, pausing for a mere second between two words. Right now she didn't seem to be able to lie as well as normal, but she could still lie smoothly. Knowing that if she objected to his heating charm he wouldn't listen to it anyways, she took out her wand too and waved it towards him. "If I get one, you do too. Tis' only fair." she told him, pocketing it back with one swift movement. Ginevra never let him do anything to her if she couldn't do it back, she was right; it was only fair.

Judging by the tone in his voice, she knew right away what he was thinking and rolled her eyes. "I'm not a tard, I know we can do magic." she objected to his thoughts before he could actaully speak up about any of it. Looking up at the coloring held within the sky, she was trying to judge if the snow was going to get worse. Making the decision that it would not, she did indeed want to walk, time was something she always had to much of. "Only an hour?" she repeated a little surprised, she thought it would have been a little longer. Knowing that if they did get to cold they could just apperate then, there wasn't a point in not getting the excerise. "Walking sounds good, unless you want to apperate, than we can." she assured her, not wanting to make all the decisions. she hated decisions.

Being a naturally closed person, Ginevra didn't let many get close to her because she was always scared she'd get hurt by that person like she had one to many times in her past. She didn't have the best of luck with anything, including people. Out of everyone, Darren was definitly one of the people who she thought he gotten to know her better but then again, he still couldn't figure everything about her. Stopping in front of him, she gave him a sharp look as the scowl appeared. They were just odd, when it came to Ginevra, she thought that she could be over-protective as much as she wanted but he couldn't be toward her; it was vise versa with Darren. "Sure, but are you cold?" she asked, glancing at where she had hit him with the snowball once more.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:00 pm

[whatever =( Im not so good at this xD]

"Maybe." Darren echoed, snorting. After knowing her for so long, it was still hard not to get annoyed by her stubbornness. Listening to her little excuse, he rolled his eyes, not believing it for a second. She seemed to be getting worse at lying to him, which was good. Though it still annoyed him that she was lying to him about everything again. "Whatever, I'm not removing the charm," he said stubbornly. He wasn't always stubborn, but when you spent so long with a person, you were bound to become somewhat like him or her. Stubbornness was one of the traits he had got from Gin. Groaning when she put on the heating charm on him, it was annoying how she always did that, he was enjoying the cold, that's why he liked winter. Trying to be discreet about it, he used the counter-spell on himself without taking his wand out of his pocket.

"Well that's a surprise," Darren said quietly under his breath. Following her gaze, he smiled as he saw the sky. It seemed like it was going to snow more. Well, it wasn't going to rain here, so he might as well enjoy the snow. "Yes, only an hour," he confirmed, rolling his eyes. He didn't get what was the point in walking when they could just apparate! Oh well, since she wanted to walk, he wasn't about to complain. Well at least it would be good exercise, he didn't get enough of that anymore, ever since he learned to apparate and the ministry cut the laws of no underage apparation, Still, he managed to stay quite fit, mainly cause he ate so little. "OK than, we'll walk."

"No, you just used a heating charm on me, why would I be?" Darren responded through gritted teeth, god she was being annoying. Of course he was cold, he wanted to be! She was just far to overprotective. Sure, he was too, but for good reason. He wasn't a danger magnet, or delicate like her. "Lets get going, were wasting far too much time here," he said, starting to walk to the direction of the town. He felt he should wait for Zoe to come out, but they couldn't wait forever could they? He guessed maybe she didn't like snow either, that was just weird.

"Just to warn you, don't use any obvious magic at the village," Darren said as they walked. "The people here, are superstitious, they have a belief that magic is real, and they despise wizards." The rumors about magic and wizards had grown after the murders of Tom Riddle senior and his parents over fifty years ago. The muggles who had inspected them had found odd things, such as they had all been in perfect health - apart from the fact they were dead. He didn't tell her that however, she might get scared or something.
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:55 pm

[You're doing fine, mines horrid latley. lol.]

Ginevra hadn't noticed Darren take the spell off of himself so she thought for once he wasn't going to complain, just take it in when she did it. Smiling at that thought, she pulled mitts out of her jacket pocket and placed them over her hands. Sure, the heating charm was keeping her warm but the fact that they were going to be walking for an hour still made her want them. Tossing another pair at Darren, she wasn't about to let him go around without them, even if her heating charm was on him. "Wear them, I put on the scarf." she reminded him, guestering to the scarf around her neck. It wasn't like she wanted to wear it but for once she felt like not being stubborn and difficult.

Doing her own little happy cheer when he agreed to walk, Ginevra was surprised that he gave in so easily. She really didn't get any excersize at all but she stayed fit and healthy because of the quiddich she played, as well as the running she seemed to do when hiding from people she shouldn't come across. Though she didn't like to use the word hiding (as she put herself right in front of the ones she shouldn't often) food was also something she had little of and knew she should have more, but didn't. "Which way do we start walking, though?" she asked, eyebrows furrowing together, as there were four options and she really hadn't a clue at to which way it would be.

Darren really was the only one who liked the snow *** she guessed Zoe hadn't come out because of it. She really had reasons not to like it and one of them was because the moistness and frozen air around her always got her sick in the end. Urg, how she hated it. "Fine, I guess you're right." she agreed, waiting for him to show the way. Ginevra wished she knew her way around here more but she had had troubles finding his house, though she had been there before. Her sense of direction was good, don't get that wrong, it was more of the fact that she tried to erase all memories that had tress around them from her head since her dad died, it was only that time that she had forgotten Darren's house was surrounded in trees.

Starting to walk as Darren did, she shook her head grinning as he assured her thought of it being a muggle one. He hadn't complained or mentioned it before now so she had to say she was proud of him for not making a face while saying it, or even offering to go to the town. She knew how he disliked the muggles a bit to well. "Little Hangleton?" she repeated, her mouth gaping down a bit as she really didn't think she'd heard him correctly. The stories she had heard about the places were different... Shrugging, Ginevra decided to just let it pass. "Okay, sounds fine." she added, her tone casual and worryless.
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:24 am

[lol, im pretty sure i suck at posting long posts -.-]

Darren was really glad Gin hadn't noticed, that would start a whole lecture on how he wasn't being fair and all that nonsense. Frowning when she handed him the mittens, she was obviously trying to push her luck. He was about to refuse, but she made a good point. She would take off the scarf if he refused to wear this, so rolling his eyes, Darren put on the mitts. About to complain that it wasnt even cold, he managed to stop himself, he didn't want to start an arguement, and after all she hadn't been stubborn before either, for once.

Darren smiled when she cheered, happy that she was, although he still thought it was a total waste of time. He didn't voice his opinion though, just pointed left, west from his house in reply to her question. He hadn't been to the village for a while now, but his memory was good, at least his long term memory was, so he remembered where he had went when he had went down to the village with his sister around 9 years ago. He didn't know the exact place where the village was, but they would eventually find it. If they got lost, they could just apparate to the village.

"Yes thats the name," Darren said, rolling his eyes. Looking at her expression, he concluded that she didn't know anything about the village. Many, most didn't know where Voldemort's parents lived. It was so long ago anyways, and it didnt really matter much, Darren just found it interesting he lived near where Slytherins decendants also lived. His father had decided to build the house near the village, for personal reasons Darren didn't know. He didn't tell Gin anything about that, she might get scared and change plans. "Its quite small, only around three hundred people live there," he informed her. The village used to have more people, many moving away due to the murders though
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginevra Malenki Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 pm

When Darren did not argue back like she had earlier about the artile of clothing that the other wanted them to put on, she smiled and muttered a 'thanks' because she had to say she was still surprised, even with her point made about the scarf. He was now just as stubborn as she was and that was a fact, though Ginevra was still better at winning the arguments that came with the fact of stubborness. Whether that was a good thing or a bad, she wasn't quite sure. She asked no question as they walked along, trusting Darren completley with where they were going. She doubted he would ever take her somewhere that was dangerous and even if he did, she still trusted him then. That could have some flaws to it, but it was all true. "I've heard of it before.." she murmured more to herself than him as she pretended to have to think about it. She knew exactly where and what had happened there, a lot of past information was found in books that she had scanned her eyes through at Hogwarts.

[There, a short one, happy? lol]
Ginevra Malenki
Ginevra Malenki

Back to top Go down

Post by Darren Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:10 pm

[=) yay]

Sighing, Darren began to pull off the mittens. Throwing them onto the side, he figured out they weren't that expensive, seeing as Gin had just produced them out of thin air. "They don't fit," he explained, before she could say anything. It was a lie of course, but they were totally needless. Trees now completely surrounded them, and he was pretty much lost, it was hard not to be, considering there was no road. He continued walking though, they would end up in the village eventually and there really wasn't any danger around. Of course, Gin could attract anything dangerous within a fifty mile radius, but he was there to protect her now, so it didn't matter.

"Have you now.." Darren repeated, rolling his eyes again. He could tell she didn't know by her tone, well maybe she did, Gin was a weirdo after all. "Voldemorts mother and father used to live in this town."
Darren
Darren

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 33 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 29 ... 33  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top