Marriage is Murder - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 5 of 99 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 5 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:41 am

Brian finished his cigarette. "Perhaps you're right," he said, considering that Fenrir might well want to reel James in just a bit. "Either that or he might back James's cause. It is a cause he has always believed in himself."

"True, but he's an old man now," Edward said. "He most likely does not need or want that sort of drama in his life anymore. And as crazy as Grayback is, James brings a whole new insanity to this business that is probably hard for even Grayback to entirely support. I think if we stay out of Fenrir's way, he's not going to go looking for us."

"Perhaps," Brian said, "But we cannot hide in Hawaii forever. My children will be born English. In England. Not Americans. We need to soon go home."

"Is it that or are you more afraid of that new nursery you haven't finished?" Edward laughed.

"There is that," Brian said, standing up. He groaned, reaching back to where his back muscles felt rather battered. "I need to go talk to Robert. I want the kids born back home, and Khaat is insistant that she wants Robert to deliver them."

"Well, that will be decidedly more difficult if he has to avoid touching her at all costs," Edward frowned. "But you'll find him and Michael sucking down a bottle of Macallan in his old office in the basement."

"Where's Khaat?" Brian asked. Edward looked through the house and saw Khaat was apparently dozing in a lounge chair by the pool, and Marcus was sitting at the table by the pool. He had disassembled his pistol and was cleaning it.

"Looks like she's sleeping, and Belby's bored," Edward laughed. "And if he's bored, she must be safe enough for the moment."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23616
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:04 am

Jack chuckled and glanced at Marcus " yup if he cleans that any more it will wash away" he said and watched Steven stand up and stretch as did Brian.

" okay this steps too cold on the butt" he said and rubbed his bottom to warm it as cassidy looked over and shook her head " be nice to check on the farm again" he said smiling as did Cassidy who nodded. Jack looked at Brian and chuckled.

"go check on her, " he said softly "Every wife needs there husband close by." He moved to where Jess and smelled the pie.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:23 am

"I think I will," Brian said. He took his glass inside and set it on an end table before going outside. Khaat looked, to him, like she was tired. Really tired.

"Is she alright, Marcus?" Brian asked.

"Nothing that being done with carrying twins won't cure," Marcus smiled at him. "She amazes me, you know."

"How's that?" Brian asked.

"My wife carried on and moaned all nine months in all three of her pregnancies, and got a whole diva complex going. Lord. I had to go out and get sorbet--not just ice cream--bloody freaking sorbet at 2:45 in the morning. She wanted silk to draw her a milk bath nightly because she said the babies were making her skin dry out. And I'm not even going to tell you how many hours I lost in giving her massages and foot robs because, apparently, I made her unforgiveably lose her girlish figure."

"God," Brian said. "Khaat's never done one of those things."

"The worst problem you have with her is getting her to behave as if she is pregnant," Marcus laughed. "I give her props for that. Evelyn treated being pregnant with our twins as if it were terminal. Khaat seems to barely notice. Its a different sort of grace that I'm not used to. And I'm definitely not used to being bored. Or rather--I was used to it until I started working for her. Now I'm out of touch."

"We had noticed you didn't quite know what to do with yourself."

"Let me know when you're tired of your back being miserable. I know an old survivor's trick for that. Seems to work for me."

"Do tell," Brian said, interested.

"Spot me for a moment?" Marcus asked.

"Gladly," Brian said, sitting down at the table to take over for Marcus. Marcus got up and went into the kitchen, opened up the tea cabinet and got out several tea bags from different but specific blends. He cut open the tea bags, crushed up the leaves and wrapped them in cheesecloth. He took a bowl of steaming hot water and dropped the cheesecloth in the water, took a clean dishcloth, and took the whole works out to the table by the pool.

"Here," he said, "try this. Let it steep a moment." After a moment, he soaked the dishcloth in the tea mixture and applied it to the sore spot on Brian's back. "Its going to bruise, you know."

"Yeah, I'm used to that." He frowned. "Its taking away some of the ache."

"Yes. It will. It will reduce the swelling and stop some of the pain. Can't take away the bruising though. I'm afraid you're stuck with that."

"I thought I understood healing tactics," Brian said.

"Ah, well, this isn't so much a technique as an old wives tale that happens to work," Marcus said. "I don't think its in any of your healers' texts."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:06 am

Jess watched Marcus making note of his remedy and how it seem to work she smiled and nodded. " I'll make note of that " she told Marcus. " Sometimes the old remedy's are the best " she said and looked to Brian and chuckled "Even I don't fully understand healing tactics and I am a healer, we learn as we live." she said and turned back to find Angus " have you seen Angus I need to know what hes planning for dinner so I know what pie to put with it" she walked to the kitchen and slapped Jacks hand as he tried to take a slice.

" awe I love pie" he said and she handed him an apple he chuckled and took a bite as he saw Brant walk back in some what relaxed at his quiet walk around the pool.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:32 am

"My understanding is that he was making the fish that he bought this morning," Brian said.  "Michael said something about doing the prep work on the vegetables already.  I'm not sure where he went.  I sort of had some troubles of my own and I lost track of him."

"I wasn't looking for him either," Marcus said. "But I do know he and Michael were planning on seafood for dinner.  I didn't know there was a proper pie to go with fish. I figured dessert was simply dessert.  And as quick as this group eats every dessert, I think any pie would work."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Jess listened and nodded as they spoke of Angus being some what lost. "Fish sounds good, I thin the peach pie with a light vanilla whipped cream should do it " she said and smiled as Jack walked over to help her make it smiling at her and glad to be with her again feeling that the retrieval went well since he didn't become were but stayed in his human form.

Cassidy chuckled and looked around she was wondering just where Angus had gone to she stood up and went to look starting with the pool but she found Brant. "ow hey, what you doing out here?2 she asked.

" ow thinking about potions and life" he said and sat back in the chair.

" hum well I'll leave it to you then, have you seen Angus?" she asked and saw him shake his head " okay" she continued to look.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:28 am

Michael came back upstairs finally, alone. He had had a significant amount of scotch but was amazingly sober.

"Is he alright?" Kate asked quietly.

"He's fine," Michael said. "How's Khaat?"

"Presumably she's fine. Marcus is still with her."

"And Brian?"

"He's still outside. He seems to be okay but he's been doing a lot of deep thinking. She seems to want to go hunting Fenrir."

"That would be just stupid," Michael sighed.

"I think Marcus is working on that. Jess is apparently hunting Angus for some reason. Was he down there?"

"Uh, only briefly," Michael said. "I think he was cleaning and working in Khaat's room in particular. Clean sheets and such. And there was a mountain of laundry again. What's the emergency?"

"I have no idea," Kate said.

"Okay. Well, he's been busy, I believe," Michael said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:48 am

Jess looked up from the kitchen counter and chuckled " Cassidy is looking I'm still just finishing the pie and good." She said placing it in the oven to cook while she cleaned up the kitchen. Leaving the room she headed out to where Khaat sat and looked at Marcus " everything okay?" she asked softly so not to wake her. She glanced over at Brant but looked back at Khaat she frowned a little moving to place her hands on Khaat lightly.

She felt the babies and smiled breathing out as she took her hands off her. " for a moment I thought she was ready" she said but shook her head " must be just all the tension around here" she said and glanced at Brant.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:13 am

"I don't think its going to be another full month," Marcus said. "She's starting today to feel a huge amount of fatigue. I think when we see that shift, we'll need to be more alert. I don't think the babies are as ready for this to be overwith as she is. I'm just letting her rest. I do want to get her out of the sun and the heat soon and get her into the shade with something cold to drink. Too much sun isn't good either, and she's been out here most of the afternoon. Give me a few minutes and I'll wake her and bring her in."

Michael headed to the kitchen and started work on the evening meal. He knew the menu. The prep work was done. It just needed to be cooked now.

Angus finally finished his work in Khaat's room and headed out to join Michael in the kitchen."

"Debone that fish, would you?" Michael asked him.

"On it,' Angus said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 am

Jess breathed out " yes but twins are known to come early " she said and noticed Michael move to the kitchen and watched as Angus joined him. Cassidy moved from Brant and shook her head at him moving past Jess who stood up and walked over to him. "what did you say say to Cassidy?" she asked he just looked up at her.

Brant looked up at her " I didn't say anything she did all the talking" he said and Jess stood with her arms folded as she looked down at him " I have these damn tests they want me to take " he said and sighed " there...." he didn't finished Jess did that for him.

" fertility tests , Brant all men have to take these test these days its part of this new law"she told him " ask Michael he has to take them too, at least I think so."
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 99 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 52 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top