Marriage is Murder - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 6 of 99 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 52 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 6 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:52 am

"Yeah," Marcus said. "Our twins were earlier than they expected, even calculating that into it. I know she's been having some false labor pains. You do realize, though, that James attacked her in September and Robert told us then that he believed she was two months pregnant. He told us that in the emergency room. If that's the case, she's in her ninth month now. With twins. And that could well mean she's due any day or even overdue."

He felt her cheek with the back of his fingers. It was very warm from the afternoon sun. "I think I need to get her in out of the heat." He woke her gently. The minute he woke her up, she was uncomfortable, nauseated.

"I know," he told her. "I've let you sleep too long. You need to be out of the sun, and we need to get you something tall and icy cold to drink. You'll feel better."

"I don't want anything," she sighed. He picked her up, knowing that it was taking more and more for her to actually stand up, and if she didn't feel well, he wasn't going to push it. It was more important to get her inside.

"Jess, can you find something cold? If there's any lemonade, that will reduce the nausea. Or at least my mother and my mother in law always said so," Marcus asked.

He carried her inside and put her on the sofa in the house. It was definitely cooler out of the sun, and he debated on whether or not she would feel better if he got a cold compress to sponge off her face and her neck.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:03 am

Jess smiled and nodded walking to the fridge she took out a Jug of fresh made lemonade with Ice in it she pored a long tall glass and walked over as she added a straw " here " she said and placed it next to her " and yes I noticed Marcus thats why I am checking on her more something tells me soon but at the same time something is going to happen" she looked at Marcus " its just a feeling I have I'm not reading anything into it " she said and walked back to the kitchen to take out her pie from the oven. " I hope this is okay Angus " she said placing it to cool.

Cassidy walked in and smiled " hey I found a baby blanket" she said and held it up" was this Dakota or Abbys?" she asked moving to show Khaat it " its beautiful. "
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:25 am

"Nothing is going to happen while I'm able to do something about it," Marcus said. "That's just not an option."

He took the lemonade glass and insisted she took a few sips of it. Even that much seemed to help.

"Better?" he asked.

"Getting there," she said. "Thanks. Jess, if something happens, it does. Its just part of being a Lupin, unfortunately."

"I'm sure the pie is fine," Angus said. "Pie is a nice change from some of the other things I've made lately. Its a good thought."

Khaat saw the blanket Cassidy had. "Its Abbey's," she said. "It was the first thing Abbey ever owned, and Brian bought it for her. I...had a hard time in delivering her."

"She almost died," Brian said, coming inside and accio'ing a beer from the fridge. He popped the top on it and took a drink from the bottle. "Abbey went home from St. Mungos long before Khaat did."

"Rob let me the night Abbey was born," Khaat said. "Abbey wasn't supposed to live, and neither was I. My father called Brian from Paris to help deliver Abbey so that perhaps one or the other of us, Abbey or I, would have a chance to survive. When Abbey was ready to be released, I had no place to go. Brian bought that blanket to take Abbey home in, picked her up, took her to his house--the estate, and she and I never lived any place else."

"I didn't give Khaat the chance," Brian said. "I moved her out of the cottage in Hogsmeade before she was released from St Mungos and took her home with me. She needed a lot of care for weeks--couldn't work for months. She couldn't begin to manage on her own, and she certainly couldn't take care of a premature newborn. I think everybody knows the rest of the story."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:45 am

Cassidy walked over to Khaat and lay the blanket down over her tummy "Well it could keep you warm, its too small for her now" she said and chuckled seeing Brant pace and talking to himself " hes stuck in his thoughts again" she said and sighed. Steven stood up and walked out side he said something to Brant who laughed hard and walked inside chuckling both Jess and Cassidy looked at then at Steven as he too walked in behind him.

" what did you say to him?" they asked he just chuckled and said nothing " huh must be something to break his thoughts like that" Jess chuckled.

" or nothing, small minds" she said and cassidy laughed " yep" she looked back at Khaat. " I won't be far away" she said and looked at Marcus " no offense but have you delivered twins before?" she asked.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:18 am

"We have several really nice baby blankets," Brian said. "Khaat has tried to buy a new receiving blanket for every child. She's kept them stored someplace or another."

"I thought you knew I wasn't a healer," Marcus said, not understanding. He thought it sounded like she was taking it rather personally that he had said he was going to keep Khaat safe,and he wasn't sure why it was an issue.

"I have twins, though. I was there when my twins were conceived and through my wife's pregnancy and when they were born. And I took care of them most of their infancy. I'm a good father. I was right from the start. And I did learn a few things about pregnancy, labor and delivery."

"If you're asking if I've ever delivered a child under an emergency situation" he said, "the answer is yes. I've been the primary bodyguard for royalty for many years. Some training in all sorts of situations is required. But the point is that I'm a bodyguard, and I'm a good one. My job is to make sure that nothing happens to my clients and that they stay safe.

"I had no intention of delivering the babies--not unless there is, by some odd fluke, no other choice.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 am

jess listened to him and nodded " I'm sorry if it sounded like I had an issue, I don't I was just checking to see if you had and well, I'm happy to know you can thats all." she said " sounds like you have had a lot of experience what made you chose to be a bodyguard?" she asked you could have been a good healer" she saw Jack walking past the pie and looked past Marcus " ow no, do not touch that pie." she told him and watched Jack pass it with a pout as he walked over to her.

" Marcus, shes just being nosy," He said as Jess slapped his arm and he chuckled " what he can do we'll find out when he does it Jess, now relax." He said and he chuckled then saw the look on her face " excuse me while I take care of this." He said and threw Jess with a squeal over his shoulder and she laughed. Cassidy and Steven laughed as he carried her away.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:27 pm

Marcus simply nodded as Jack seemed to reel in Jess and make off with her. He turned his attention to Khaat, who had listened to the whole thing.

"You know there isn't technically a lot to do in a standard delivery," she reassured him. "Even if you had to do it, you're just a catcher, really."

"You don't strike me as a woman who does anything in a standard fashion," he laughed. "Seriously, you do know that you could deliver those babies at any time now."

"Yes," she said. "I do. I'm not entirely blind to it. I've been thinking that perhaps its not good to strain Brian by going home and just let nature take its course here."

"Don't you think you should discuss that with him? He has some very firm ideas on that. He is very biased that his children shall all be British by birth."

"A fine thing for someone Irish by birth to be saying," she rolled her eyes.

"He's Irish? You'd never know it," he laughed.

"No, not really," she said.

"He wants to go home, Khaat," Marcus said. "He wants you safe at the estate."

"He can want it all he likes. But in the end, he's not doing this. I am," she said.

"Talk to him," Marcus said quietly. "Don't just wait on happenstance.

"I only want my father to deliver them," she said.

"And now you're asking more than Brian is," Marcus said. "That just doesn't seem to be very realistic right now. I'm sure he'll be there, but I doubt he'll be doing the delivery."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Cassidy sat listening not much she could do as Steven had gone to check on the kids where down for their naps. Cassidy listened more and nodded " ow he'll be there don't you fret " she said as she saw Brant walk in and look at them both.

" I sure he will not miss the birth of these two " he said and sat down not far from Cassidy picking up the news paper he took out a pen and began to do the cross word something he hadn't done before but thought he could give a go at it now he had the time since Robert did them as well as Michael and he had see Jim on occasion.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:04 am

Brian, who had gone outside for a moment, wandered back in.

"Sorry. Thought I heard something. Was only a couple of odd tropical birds making some sort of a fuss," he said. "So, wait...who's missing the birth of my children?"

"Me," Khaat said dryly.

"I didn't know that was an option," he laughed. "Seriously, though, what are you stewing about?"

"It doesn't matter where I have them. It does matter that Daddy delivers them," she said quietly.

"No," he said. "I'd prefer them to be born in England. That matters to me. Its not a game changer, but it is my preference. However, your father isn't going to endanger you or risk you getting his curse. The only thing that really matters, as much as we both have preferences, is that you and the babies are safe and healthy. For all I care, we have enough healers that you could have the babies at home. What's going on here? Do you know something I don't know?"

"Only that I'm getting restless. Tired and restless. And I'm enough of a healer to know that it means this isn't far away."

"Then I think we need to head for home in a day or two," he said. "I'll send Jack and Steven and Jim back after dinner tonight to check on the estate and make sure that its secure--especially the house. With the time change, it will be morning there. They can work in daylight if they want."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:30 am

Steven looked up at the mention of his name and nodded " of course " He said and looked at Jim who nodded he agreed.

"once dinners is done we'll make everything secure and ready." Jim said taking a drink of his soda as he sat listening " does sound as if shes close , all the wanting to be ready and stuff , Margaret cleaned the house top to bottom before she had our last" Jim said smiling as he finished his soda and tossed it into the trash can next to him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 99 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 52 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top