Marriage is Murder - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 4 of 99 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 4 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:49 am

As exhausted as Brian was, he didn't sleep more than a couple of hours. He was used to training hard. It wasn't strange to him. Plus, Brant's potion had helped him regain his strength in relatively short order.

He woke, got up, and found a bottle of firewhiskey in his room. He poured himself a double and then showered. He needed to get the stench of the filthy alley off him. He needed to get out of those clothes. He saw the claw marks. They were nothing compared to what Khaat had survived and had lived with. He put on a pair of jeans and just a white cotton shirt, rolling up the sleeves.

He found a pack of cigarettes in his dresser drawer. He'd bought them when they were here last time--years ago. They were stale as hell. He put the pack and a book of matches in his pocket, refreshed his drink and picked up the glass.

He could smell the pie and he was glad someone had thought of it. He let the bedroom, and was going to go outside but saw Khaat walking off some of her own anger and decided not to interfere.

"I'll be back," he said to Jack. "I just want to get some air. I'm fine." He went out the front door instead, to avoid upsetting Khaat, lit his cigarette, and then just sat down on the step of the front porch.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:05 am

Jess and Jack both saw Brian and smiled Jack saw the bulge of the cigarette packet and chuckled nodding " okay just not to far of she might go into early labor " he said as Jess hit him with a tea towel from over the counter. Brant walked out and smiled " found the whiskey I see " he said " bet that felt good" he moved to pick a cherry out the basket and ate it before he headed out to the pool side to catch some sun.

Jess finished her pie and placed it to cool she had actually made a peach, a cherry and a plum pie. they all sat out cooling.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:15 am

"If it keeps her from chasing Greyback, maybe I ought to find a way to keep her pregnant permanently," he muttered. Then he considered the hormonal mood swings he'd have to deal with for the rest of his life. "Or not," he sighed.

He drew out the pack of cigarettes and lit one. "God, these are awful," he sighed as Brant mentioned the whiskey.

"I think this might require an extra glass just to ward off the taste of these cigarettes. I'd go get myself a new pack, but I lost my freaking wand. And if I actually took a car and did it the old fashioned way, she wouldn't just go into labor, she'd have a litter of kittens, I think. Speaking of someone having a litter of kittens, should I presume Robert knows I ran into Fenrir? I don't hear any explosions or anything, so I do have to wonder."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:24 am

Jess chuckled and shook her head, Jack looked at Brian and walked over to him after he'd reached into a draw and took something out he walked over and glance back to see where Jess was. " here once I knew you smoked I bought a stash" he said and handed him a fresh packet " just don't let Jess know and yes he does Micheal is calming him down as we speak" he said dropping the new packet into Brian's hands. " always be prepared...wonder who said that" he said and chuckled as Brant brought out the bottle of whiskey and three glasses.

" heres to our wives and...maybe future wives" he said Jack chuckled and downed his gasping at the strength.

" wow thats good stuff" he said coughing a little
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:38 am

"Thank you," Brian said, grateful. He crushed out the old cigarette, opened the new pack and lit one. "I know my pack at home is about that old too, really. I only smoke one in a blue moon, really. And if Michael didn't make sure that Robert's cigarettes were relatively fresh from time to time, his would be older than that.

"I suppose he and I both smoke for the same reason. We smoke when things get to us. Its not a good habit, but we don't do it often. Not sure where either one of us got onto doing it. Truth be told, I prefer the whiskey.

"Come to think about it, I think I probably got started in Paris," he said. "It was far more accepted amongst the Parisians than it ever was here. When I lived in Paris, it seemed I was around it all the time. I'm guessing one of the men in the Paris office got me started." He thought of how all he had had then was work. Work and loneliness. "It was a very different time back then," he said quietly. "I don't know that I'd go back to it.

"Even with all we've been through, for me to think about life without Khaat, without Abbey and Dakota and the triplets? I can't imagine it anymore. I just don't want them growing up having to get used to living like we have to live now. I want them to be a lot freer than we feel like we are."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:43 am

Jack listened and nodded his agreement with Brian " I agree I remember a time when it was all simple no running and the kids could be happy in one place, jess and I had a cottage off Diagon alley at one point then a farm but that is all gone now" he said softly and downed another glass " and don't worry I always make sure there fresh, but I don't tell Jess shes just got Jim off his pipe but she understands" he said and saw her walking out.

" ow I know of the stash and yes its for a good reason thats why I haven't told him off like Jim" she said and smiled at Brian " your looking much better how do you feel, stiff?" she asked " after all that running I would not be surprised."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:35 am

"Thanks for understanding," Brian said. "I really don't smoke often. I'd like to handle things the way Robert does. Or, well, like he used to. Hell, he'd like to handle things the way he used to, but you know what I mean. He and I talked about that once, actually, just before I married Khaat. I wanted to be more like him, but apparently he doesn't want me to have to fit into that mold.

"And I should be stiff. Well, stiffer than I am. I did alright until I got my coat caught on the top of that damned fence. I fell. Twisted my back. Its going to be sore for awhile. My breath got short after I pulled my back muscles so badly. And that's when I lost my edge with Grayback. I guess I'll have to remember to toss my coat next time."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:48 am

Jess just smiled at him "Any time and yes you did a good job on your back I would suggest ether a shorter Jacket or as you said drop it when you start to run." she said then sighed " you didn't lose it from what I have heard you did well to live against Fenrir, having not met I'm face to face I believe from the stories and reports hes a formidable were to go against"she said sitting with Jack her body lent against his as he wrapped his arm around her and held her close.  

Steven chuckled and nodded " shes not wrong all the reports I read made out all his victims ether became were's or were dead your one of a select few to face him and come out alive, well done" he said and patted  Brian lightly on his shoulder smiling.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:59 am

"He didn't want you, you know," Edward said, looking outside just briefly. "If he'd have wanted you dead, you would have been. You just both happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm wagering James has filled him with all sorts of prattle about you and Khaat and when he saw you, he figured it would be quite the trophy to be able to say he offed one of you. Probably her--especially while she's pregnant. You definitely made the right choice by sending her off so quickly and then giving chase. It kept them from any attempts at tracking her.

"Brian," Edward continued, "Robert put you in the job you have because you have the skills for it. His reason for believing in you was never clearer than today. You knew what to do. You used every part of your training, and in the end, you both escaped without injury. If all you brought back were a few scratches and a few sore muscles from a beast like that, then Jack is right. You did exceptionally well."

"The part that bothers me is that Remus said Fenrir did not accept losing very well," Brian sighed.

"And he was right. Fenrir does not like to lose--ever."

"Then he will retaliate on that basis alone. He doesn't need another reason," Brian said.

"No, but James has given werewolves a bad name in the wizarding world. Fenrir has to look over his shoulder now before he steps out of his own lair. I wouldn't get too paranoid about him just yet. But, by no means should anyone just be jotting off by themselves for a lark right now. That would be extraordinarily stupid."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:24 am

Jack looked at Michael and nodded " Michael's right its pairs from now on and a port key in both pockets. " He said and smiled at Jess who looked at Brian and nodded.

" I think Fenrir will most likely go after James for putting him in a fight with Edward " she said " hes not some one of them wants to meet in a dark alley with his reputation" she added and glanced back in the house , I for one am grateful for it " she said then looked back at Brian " you are perfect and you did what any of us would have done and more be proud of your self for that." she kissed Jack and headed back in to dish up the pies and prepare the evenings dinner.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 99 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top