Marriage is Murder - Page 92
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 92 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:47 am

Jess chuckled and nodded " of course Kate but we'd have to put up a special spell to keep the beach babes away from him" she said and chuckled Cassidy walked in and open mouthed looked at Marcus.

" wow if I weren't a happily married woman...oops sorry" she said and blushed this made Jess chuckle.

" make note Marcus , mouth engages as brain disengages" she said and closed Cassidys mouth. " you do look better like that more relaxed as you should be." she looked to Kate " swim trunks or suit?" she asked " I mean for all the men not just Marcus here" she added hoping to bring the conversation back to a some what normal place as quick as possible seeing the blush on Cassidys cheeks " Cassie go find your husband" she told her and turned her around as she chuckled her self shanking her head. " Kate do you want any painting essentials, the view is breath taking from the pool side, I thought you could paint it." she asked
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:15 am

"I'd love to sketch," Kate said. "I'll give you a short list. A sketch pad, a set of sketching pencils and pens, perhaps some charcoals, maybe some watercolors and brushes, and watercolor pencils. An art supply dealer should be able to supply you with all sorts of things if you tell him I want to do all sorts of sketching and watercolors. I'd appreciate it. You're right. The setting is lovely. I think I'll use a different medium, though."

Khaat and Brian had been out walking for some time when she started to feel pain and feel uncomfortable. Brian stopped with her.

"You okay?" he asked. She didn't reply for a moment. "Hey,..." he asked.

"I think its time," she said. He frowned. He laid his hand on her stomach.

"Breathe," he said after a moment. He cast a spell and in a moment the pain began to ease. She looked at him, confused. "Just a false labor pain," he said calmly. "Its not time. Not yet...."

"I don't want to do this without you, without Daddy..." she began, rattled. "I don't want to do it with James all around us and...."

"Would you just stop and breathe?" he said. "Get yourself together. I'm right here. Your father is here. James is not. That baby is not coming today. Okay. Enough walking. Let's go back inside."

Robert had been watching her and Brian out on the beach. He saw them stop, and he saw Brian clearly trying to calm her. He wished he had had all of his potions here. But, pretty much, all of his potions had been left behind in England.

He floated out a potions book and began flipping through it, looking for something a bit quicker to formulate. He wanted to brew up a standard prenatal calming potion--one that would calm her and the baby. But that took time to brew. A couple of hours at least. It took patience and some dedicated attention, and he wasn't sure he wanted to be that far from her until he knew she was alright.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:25 am

Brant even though he had only been napping got up in his pj's and headed to the kitchen for a drink of water he saw the book and the potion it was open too. Walking over to Robert he looked at it then where he was stood looking " okay*yawn* I'll make it I have my potions emergency bag*yawn*" He told him and checked he had all the ingredients and nodded. "Can't sleep any way." he added and headed back to his room. " Be about three hours " he said drinking his water. Jess looked at Brant then to Khaat and Brian out side she could tell by the look on both of their faces she was stressed out.

"Okay Kate and Brian is right Khaat, we're all here, no body was left behind or hurt the kids are fine" she said just as Abby walked in rubbing her eyes sleepily as she held her pink rabbit in the other hand looking for Brian and Khaat.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:42 am

Robert was grateful when Brant offered to make the potion. There were a great many that he could put on to simmer and leave for awhile. There were a few that he could not. And this one was one of the ones that always topped his list as being a bit delicate and needing supervision. The fact that Brant understood its vulnerability gave him confidence in Brant's ability to brew it.

"Jess is right," Brian said to Khaat. "It's all fine." He brushed the hair off Khaat's face and then kissed her forehead. "I love you, but you really do say some silly things when you panic. How can so much pointless prattle race so fast through your head in a fraction of a second?"

"I don't know," she said, frustrated. He laughed and wrapped her in a warm hug.

"I dont' know either," he said. Then he decided to try to lighten her mood a wee bit. "Look, if you want me to send invitations when you go into labor and invite everyone we know to the delivery room...."

"No," she scowled sharply at him. He laughed out loud.

"Come on. Enough walking for you. Jess, you might keep an eye out for some fairly elegant labor room invitations, though," he teased.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:49 am

Jess heard Brian and chuckled " ow I will with pink and blue ribbons and bells on "she said and shook her head with a smile. Jess moved to Khaat and placed her hand on hr tummy and smiled " there fine some what stressed and wishing there mother would relax but healthy" she said looking at Brian as well. " you have your work cut out for you when they come" she said and saw Cassidy tap her wrist to say they real had to go if they were to get the inventory in by the end of the day. " orders Khaat...Relax and enjoy your man" she said smiling as she moved to Cassidy " come on then" she said and both of them left.

Jack walked in from the beach with James, Catiline and Jaylen following" I think I'm the pied piper they don't want to stop following me , I think they think its a game?" he said and looked to Brian Khaat and Robert with some what 'help me' look on his face, this amused Steven who chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:18 pm

Now that Robert knew that he and his family were safe again for the moment, he and Kate took Khaat's five kids and took them out to the beach to make sandcastles.

"Shouldn't we go help them?" Khaat asked Brian quietly.

"No," he said. "Not for you. You need to go rest. I'll go back out once I know you're alright."

"No, I don't wanna be..." she began.

"Are you going to try to give me more pointless prattle?" he laughed, wrapping his arm around her. "Lets go back inside. I'm just not listening to whatever that is that you're trying to give me."

He took her inside where Marcus was pouring himself a second cup of tea.

"I've been ordered outside to make sandcastles, Marcus," Brian said. "The baby isn't very happy right now, so..."

"Are they both ticky?"

"No, I think Khaat's fine..."

"No, the other baby."

"What other..."

"Neither one of you have absorbed this. This is twins. She's not carrying large with one. She's carrying very small with two," Marcus said. he poured her a second cup of tea.

"Twins," Brian said slowly, grasping it. "We're gonna have twins."

"Yes," Marcus said.

"As in seven toddlers."

"As in eight kids, counting Mis," Marcus said. Brian stood for a long moment as if he were shellshocked. He looked at Khaat, feeling a little overwhelmed.

"Eight's good," he shrugged. He kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna go make sandcastles." He went back out to the beach to join Robert and Kate and the kids.

Marcus laughed out loud.

"I think you scared the daylights out of him," Khaat said.

"Give him a minute to wrap his brain around it," Marcus laughed. "Come sit down. I've got your tea. You want to sit out by the pool?"

"Okay," she said. He floated the tea mugs outside, and they went outside to the pool area. At the last second, he suddenly grabbed her and pulled her a step or two back from where she had been. She jumped, startled.

"Babies in the way, are they?" he asked her. She tried to look to see what the problem was. She had almost walked right off into the pool because she hadn't seen she was that close to the edge.

"Oh," she said. "Sorry. Didn't see I was that close."

"That's what I thought. I don't think I'm going to leave you alone anymore until we don't have this little issue. You're just a little scary right now. Here. Sit." He found a lounge chair for her, and, once she was settled, he handed her a tea mug.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Jack sat and smiled at Brian as he was told it was twins " yep, twins, nice going " he said and smiled at him. He sat with the kids as Kate then took them to the beach to make sand castles each laughing and playing happily together. Jack found a warm spot and sat down watching them and keeping an eye on who ever got too close not that was a problem as the beach was empty.

Cassidy and Jess returned several hours later followed by a lot of packages that they sent to each room and the kitchen where several crates of fresh veg and fruit appeared along with fish, seafood and dairy products. The kids clothes went to their room along with the adult clothes.

" okay we got everything we could think of you'd need Khaat thin summery dresses and tops and flat shoes for you, Brian cotton shirts and trousers" she said to them both.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:35 pm

By the time they returned, Marcus had brought Khaat back indoors to keep her from getting a sunburn. She was looking through a book of baby names.

The kids had been given lunch and been put down for afternoon naps, finding the time change a bit much to cope with. While they slept, Brian and Angus had gone jogging down the beach and back and were showered again. Kate had caught up the laundry so that all the clothes were fresh and clean and so were all the sheets and towels.

Angus had cast a 'spring cleaning' spell so that the house was getting a thorough cleaning and airing out. He was starting to work on some preparation work for the evening meal and had fresh Hawaiian sweet bread in the oven, along with fresh cookies made with some of the beautiful fresh fruit that was growing around the estate, instead of using sugar. It made the house smell incredible.

Michael had sent out for fresh flowers to be put everywhere in the complex of beach houses. There were four similar beach houses, all connected by open air breezeways, to give everyone plenty of space and their own rooms if they wanted it. Michael had flowers delivered for all of the houses and the breezeways. Kate had arranged them and was placing them artistically throughout the rooms and breezeways.

Edward was starting to get a bit curious as to what was taking Brant so long in brewing the potion that Robert had wanted. Edward was starting to wonder if Brant had had to brew it twice.

Marcus was playing a game of chess against Hiss, Michael's climbing rope and was finding the rope not a lot of competition, but still, it was someone to play a game against while he kept one eye open for anything unusual.

Robert was reading the Prophet. He'd had the house elves continue to send it. He grew frustrated by an article he read. He took it over and dropped the newspaper into Marcus's lap. Marcus frowned, and he picked up the paper, looking at the article that Robert had left it open to.

Irritated, Marcus rolled his eyes after he read it. Gossip frustrated him anyway, but this was additional annoyance. The gossip column was enough to make him particularly frustrated. He took the paper and laid it down beside Brian and then went outside, believing Brian would want to have a word. Brian frowned as deeply as Marcus had and read it.

Brian laid the newspaper aside and went outside to find Marcus.

"Pansy Parkinson-Nott always has been a gossip," Brian sighed. "Now she just gets paid to do it."

"Yes, well, it isn't every day that the Prophet accuses Khaat of having an 'affair' with her bodyguard," Marcus sighed. "It doesn't help her that Nott is accusing Khaat of sleeping with me."

"Do I have something to worry about?" Brian asked, knowing full well already he did not.

"No, Sir," Marcus said, needing to clear the air. "I've done my job. However, Sir, with all due respect, your wife has no shortage of potential suitors in the event that something unfortunate would happen to you."

"Oh, how well I know," Brian sighed.

"Most of those men are not savory and should not be around her whatsoever, much less be a potential suitor."

"And I know that too. She would be very vulnerable if that were to happen, and I can't protect her from that."

"But I can," Marcus said. "Look, I've been with her every waking moment for almost the last year. You've all been in the same house, but no one has been as close to her as I have. She trusts me, and with good reason. And I am quite fond of her. I consider her a friend, as I consider all of you. If something were to happen to you, I will continue to protect her."

"Including all that disreputable lot that wants to follow her around?"

"Yes, Sir," Marcus said. "In whatever way is necessary. I will not leave her alone and vulnerable. I give you my word. She is yours, though, completely. I have no desires for her, except to see her happy and well taken care of."

"I know that," Brian said. "I just wanted to give you the chance to say it to get it off your mind. But, for the record, I'm not planning on going anywhere."

"Good," Marcus grinned. "I've got four kids of my own. I do not need eight more, Sir. Permission to set the newspaper on fire, Sir?"

"If someone else doesn't get to it before you do," Brian laughed. "We have a few folks in our bunch who are hot headed."

"Are we talking about Jack and Steven?"

"You are getting to know us, aren't you?" Brian laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Brant finished the potion and yawned poring it into a bottle he labeled it and placed it on the table while he cleaned up. Picking it back up he walked out and over to where he knew Robert was " okay here it is, took me some time to get the ingredients from my bag" he placed it down in front of him. He saw all the food in the kitchen and smiled as he smelt the smells now around the place " wow this place smells like a holiday" he said and chuckled.

He stood and heard Marcus and Brian talking shaking his head at what he heard he chose to stay out of it as he felt it was a private conversation and nothing to do with him. " it was a difficult if not complicated potion Robert" he told him.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:05 am

Robert picked up the bottle of potion and opened it and inspected it. He nodded, approving. He had found that if skilled hands made it, it was not particularly difficult. It was, however, not for a potions student to do.

He also knew that twins were tricky business, even if there were not a past history of pregnancy difficulties. Both of Khaat's previous pregnancies had had issues caused by stress, and with James always lurking about, he knew she had plenty of reason to be stressed. He did not want her to miscarry now.

Abbey had been delivered safely but she was, technically, the survivor of a miscarriage. She had been born premature. And the triplets, while full term, had endured great difficulties because of the stress that had come with Gellert Grindelwald running them out of England.

And here they were again, in a safehouse, but this time because of James. He knew she was further stressing because she deeply wanted Robert to deliver her twins, just as he had delivered the rest of the children. And he was considering now how on earth he could possible honor that request without touching her. It wasn't impossible, not if he had Jess's help and Brian's, but it was problematic.

He was deep in thought when he heard Abbey's voice raising in a terrified scream from the bedroom where she had been napping with the other children. Abbey as screaming for him.

"Papa!!" he heard her scream as if she was horrified beyond belief. He leaped to his feet. Marcus jumped up, drawing his wand. Robert motioned quickly for Marcus to stay with Khaat.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 92 of 100 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 96 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top