Marriage is Murder - Page 74
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 74 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 74 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 74 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:25 am

Jess smiled and looekd at Brian and Khaat. "Thank you, that was very thought full thank you" she said and slipped the envalope into her pocket as she saw Brant walk back in a smile on his face as he sat down still reading the letter. Jack just shook his head and sat with james on his knee ho played with a toy car running it back and forth over Jacks arm as he made a car noise.

Cassidy chuckled " ah to be young and in love" she said and saw the look Steven gave her which made her laugh more. " ow come on its good to see him smiling and not moping around those couldrens " she told him and he nodded.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:46 am

*skipping time*

No one was going to say anything about the letter Brant received. No one really knew anything about the woman, except the few that knew he'd met her in Harrods. They weren't going to make any judgements one way or another.

When gifts were opened and everyone was starting to clean up the mountains of wrapping paper on the floor, Marcus decided that he would make sure he and Khaat got a chance to clean up and get fresh clothes.

"I'd like to help Khaat myself this morning, Marcus," Brian said. "Take a break for yourself."

"Yes, Sir," Marcus said. He headed upstairs to shower and change. Brian took Khaat upstairs himself and helped her refresh. When she was feeling presentable again, he gave her a dose of her pain potion and then took her down the hall.

"I wanted to give you one of your gifts myself," he said. He opened the door to a room between their room and the nursery. It was perfectly decorated for their new baby. It was decorated in a beautiful arm taupe, and had antique furniture in warm woods. The accessories were all antique toys, antique music boxes, and antique children's artwork from all over the world, all very tastefully done. It was warm and soothing.

"Its beautiful," she said softly. "I would have never thought of something like this. Wherever did you get this idea?"

"From a painting in one of the antique children's books in your father's library over at the farm," he said. "I really loved the painting, and I decided that there was nothing to bring that sort of warmth like the old toys."

"Its wonderful," she said.

"But I'm not done," he said. He took her down the hall to the next four rooms. He had two decorated for the girls in the house to share and the one across the hall was decorated for all the boys to share.

"They're outgrowing the nursery," he said with a smile.

"They're awesome," she smiled. "Wait until everyone else see. Theyre going to love it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23615
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:14 am

Jess smiled and shook her ehad as she cleaned up the mountain of wrapping paper she even used a spell to shrink it so it would fit in one bag so to save space in the bin her eyes kept looking at Brant who picked up peices then slipped the letter back in his pocket. " its been a good day hasn't it " she said softly to no one in paticuler but they all nodded as the kids palyed with their toys around them.

" Yes it has, exausting but good " Cassidy said sat on the couch with her legs up as she lay back on Steven who rubbed her shoulders gently. Jack finished gathering the last of the paper and sent all the toys that wern't being payed with to their rooms. Then he moved to Jess lifting her up he sat her down on his knee and smiled.

" relax everyhting went fine" he told her and sat back smiling glad to have her and his children around him. " this is a fathers dream" he said and saw Steven smile and nod his agreement.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:06 am

"Khaat," Brian said softly, stroking her cheek, "I owe you an apology."

"For what?" she asked, frowning.

"I have gotten so busy that I haven't done my job in taking care of you. I haven't been there to help you with anything. Not even to help you shower or change. I honestly don't know how you're managing. I know the women in this house have all been ridiculously busy lately too. Its like we all walked away from you and your father both. And I never wanted that for you. I own you both an apology. How are you managing, anyway?"

"Marcus," she said.

"Your bodyguard shouldn't have to see you naked," he sighed.

"He is quite used to it as part of his job for his clients. You do realize that when we're out, he doesn't even let me use the loo by myself. Right?"

"Um...no. I didn't realize that," he said, trying to wrap his mind around that. "His dossier says he has a reputation of being a bit of a playboy, a bit of a skirt chaser."

"And he can be," she said. "I know that. And he admits it. He's a married man with a crazy old tart for a wife. If he wants to chase skirts, I dont' have an issue with it. He's an honorable man, Brian, and he's my friend. He's nothing but honorable with me. You have nothing to worry about. Are you jealous?"

"No," he said. "Even if I did have something to worry about, I would rather deserve it, wouldn't I? I really would like to take you for a weekend alone, just the two of us. Someplace where James won't think to look for us."

"I thought you'd sworn off going off alone with me," she said, remembering how upset he'd been when their last weekend had ended up with them being nearly killed in a car accident.

"I've gotten over myself, I think" he said. "What I haven't gotten over is you. And I don't want to get over you. I want to let myself get a little crazy every time I see you or hear you or smell your perfume. I don't want that to ever end." He kissed her slowly.

"I've missed you," she confessed.

"I've missed you too," he said.

"Plan a trip for us, then," she smiled.

"I can do that," he said. "We'd better get back." He took her back downstairs and put her back on the daybed. "Can I get your some tea, perhaps?"

"I'd really like something cold. Could I have a soda with some ice?"

"Sure," he said. "Be right back." He headed for the kitchen as Marcus also returned from showering.

"Would it upset anyone terribly if Brian and I, at some point, took a weekend away before the baby is born?" she asked them.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:28 am

Jess and Cassidy both looked at each other and smiled then hig fived " not one bit Khaat, you both deserve it, what about the yacht, you haven't used it in a long time now" Jess sugested " and they do say  the sea air is good for you too" she added but quickly looked at Jack " no, were staying on land" she told him " our villa hasn't been used in along time we can take the kids there for a rest" she saw him nod.

" I'll send a letter to let the staff know were coming" he said and smiled at that thought of having help in the villa. " there just some locals who call in with fresh flowers and food, they also make sure the place is clean and we help out at the olive harvest time to say thank you for all they have done." he said and smiled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:59 am

"That's a thought," Khaat said. "I hadn't thought about the yacht. I'm sure Angus would love a chance to sail again." She saw Marcus return and sit near her. "Don't think about it. I don't know if you'd know how to deal with sail rigging."

"Oh, how you underestimate me," he grinned. "You know the old saying about a jack of all trades."

"And master of none?" she teased.

"No, no. In espionage, its a jack of all trades and master of staying alive," he laughed.

"We normally prefer to have someone in the same city at least, anyway," Brian said, returning with her soda. "We've found out the hard way that its far safer. Do you think we could find sitters for the kids so that perhaps we could all take some adult time at New Years?"

"Sitters?" Kate frowned. "Why on earth would you need sitters. You have grandparents."

"And house elves, and Uncle Mikey, and..."

"Uncle Mikey does not do diapers," Michael scowled.

"Grandpa Edward does," Kate said. "So do the elves, so does Uncle Jim. And Uncle Mikey needs to learn."

"Oh, no, no," Michael said. "That is not on my list of New Year resolutions. Go ahead and take your weekend, all. We'll manage. But Papa Robert can step up and do diapers."

Robert just shrugged. Diapers, in his mind, were no big deal. He was fine with the rest of them going on romantic weekends over New Years.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:09 am

Jess glanced at Jim who looked up from his paper "Diapers, who said anything about diapers" he said and looked around at the kids " they will be fine, anything we don't know Im sure we can find out" he added and chuckled as he placed down the paper and picked up catlin who giggled and made her doll dance on his arm. " I brought up my kids and hanged my fair share of diapers, wan't all Margaret you know" he smiled as he listened to Marcus's explination.

"Our villa is in the same city, rember its the one you both gave us in italy." Jack said to Brian chukaling." so close but far enough that we can have our own fun." he said and smiled at Jess who nodded and played with Little Robert on her knee.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:45 am

"Good to know," Marcus said, glad to know they were close. "And I understand there are some other allies in Italy as well?"

"Indeed there are," Michael said. "The Minister of Magic there is...."

"Daniella Ricci," Marcus said. "I know her well because of bodyguarding the Bulgarian Minister of Magic. She's an ally?"

"She is," Michael said. "She and Robert and I have been friends for decades. She understands our situation, and she supports us. And then there is Tobias and Elaine McQuillen. They own a wizarding clothing shop in Venice."

"And the Donohue family," Edward said. "All one million of them."

Marcus laughed. "I'll try to remember that. What's this about a yacht."

"That would be mine," Angus said. "A luxury yacht for hire. Its a good safehouse."

"Do you get seasick when you're pregnant?" Marcus asked.

"Depends," Khaat said.

"On what?" he frowned.

"How much cheesecake they have on board," she teased. He rolled his eyes. He looked at Brian. "Requesting to be within earshot, Sir. Under the circumstances."

"Granted," Brian said. "But not seen. Not underfoot. Our last romantic weekend didn't go so well. Its fine for you to be there, but I don't want to see you or hear you. And there's only so much of us that I want you to see or hear."

"Understood, Sir," Marcus said. "I am well practiced at not being seen or heard."

"Let's hope," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:38 pm

Jess smiled and nodded " yes there are more then you know " she said softly then sat quiet while Brian explained more she chuckled at his last remark " ow I think he can handel that" she said and sat back against Jack while Cassidy sat with Steven. Jim stood by the fire and poked it back into life.

" wheres Brant?" Jim asked not seeing him around the room.

"Potions lab again im guessing, with that letter he got from Gwen" Steven said and pointed to the door to the lab just as Brant walked out looking some what lost.

" um... Gwens asked if she could join me in italy for a break from work, but I don't have a place, just a room with you." he said loking at Edward and Angus.  He gave a sigh but smiled "I think its time I got a place of my own." he said knowing this was a big move for him, it meant he was no longer wandering but settled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm

"You're more than welcome to do that," Edward said. "Its not like you need to ask permission. You're over 18 now." Edward's compound as large enough that the Donohues all had their own apartments within the same compound. It had been the family home for decades. Still, Edward had no intention of forcing anyone to live there who didn't want to be there.

The day went relatively quietly, with the kids playing with their new toys. The adults were left to their own devices. Khaat and Marcus were playing a very quiet game of backgammon. Robert and Edward had gotten out a wizarding version of a strategic war game and were battling out a naval battle. Michael and Angus had taken to the kitchen to fix Christmas dinner, and Kate and Brian were playing with the kids.

When they did serve dinner, they served both turkey and a lovely roast beef, with all the trimmings. For dessert they had made very traditional Christmas pudding, a trifle, and homemade dark chocolate fudge ice cream. Michael called them all to the table.

"I don't know how you lot keep from being twice your size," Marcus said, as he helped Khaat to the table and into her chair "To eat like this every day? I wouldn't begin to manage it."

"That's why there is a very strict gym requirement," Brian laughed.

"Daddy," Dakota said, looking over the dinner. "I want soda!"

"After dinner," Brian said. "You need to eat your dinner first."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 74 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top