Marriage is Murder - Page 72
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:22 am

Jack heard Escobars voice as he drew closer to him and he heard his words and they sent a shiver threw him. " the names Jack not wearwolf." he said his hands thrust deep in his pockets " the cold dosn't bother me that much I lived out side for several years when I was younger." Though that had been the case he still felt the bite as the tempeture dropped and he puleld his collar up around his neck. " its good to know we can have what passes for a normal christmas, will you be joining us?" he asked wanting to know if Vampires celabrated christmas at all.

He turned and watched Escobar walk off to continue the check of the grounds and he felt the bitter cold his his cheeks he nodded that Escobar was right it was not even too cold for even him to stand and he turned back to head back to the kitchen door whose light he could see not far off. Walking back he could no longer see Escobar on the grounds as he trudged threw the snow back his boots now heavy with the snow that gathered on them. Reatching the door he kicked it off and looked once more back into the white grounds. Closing the door he hung up his now dripping wet headed to the kettle he glanced at Angus.

"Our freindly vampire is out on patrol, he says its going to get colder and we're to stay inside" he said as he flicked down the switch on the kettle to make a hot drink for himself. " he recons James won't try anything for at least a day if its bad for us its worse for him he recons." he said and glanced over to him wondering what was gong threw his mind, and what was that wonderful smell Jack could smell.

" what you making it smells....wonderful" he added now smiling.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:56 am

Escobar didn't reply. He had a fiery temper, and there was something in the werewolf's remark that had sharply raised Escobar's temper.  Escobar saw no need to be ashamed of anyone addressing him as Vampire, and it often happened. It was part of  who he was.  It was the same thing as being someone being addressed by a job title--Auror, Healer, Minister.  It was no different.  He didn't know what the werewolf's problem was, and he really didn't care.  

Escobar, at over 600, saw the werewolf as young and rude and arrogant.  In the wizarding world in his country, few would have dared to be disrespectful to someone his elder.  It was considered offensive.  And, in his world, vampires and werewolves were mortal enemies. He had been making an exception for this werewolf for Khaat's sake, but if the twerp kept pushing it, his patience was going to wear off quickly. If it were not for the fact that Escobar still wanted to know Khaat was safe from a monster like James, he would have simply returned home to Brazil and let James eat them all, for all he cared.

Edward was up early that morning, figuring that when the children got up that there would need to be plenty of adults around to help with making sure the kids wouldn't get out of control. He was in his room, dressing for the day. He added a blue pullover sweater over his plaid shirt, with his dark blue slacks. He stopped for a moment, frowning. He was interrupted by his own seer's energies being raised. He felt a surge of anger, but it came and went quickly, much like a flash of lightning.  Odd, he thought.

He went downstairs to find Khaat and Marcus still asleep in the livng room, and Angus in the kitchen, and heard Jack ask what he was making.

"Yes, what are you making?" Edward asked, going for a cup of tea.  He was also looking around to see if there were someone that was perhaps seriously ticked about something.  "Have you seen Robert yet this morning?"

"I'm making a new orange cinnamon roll," Angus said.  "Cinnamon rolls with a light orange flavor in the dough, and with minced pieces of candied orange peel in the cinnamon filling and also in the icing for the top."

"I can smell the orange," Edward said. "Sounds lovely."

"I can't say that I've seen Robert yet, though," Angus said.  "Why? Should I have? He hasn't sent for their morning tea tray yet so I presumed they were still sleeping."

"No," Edward said slowly, "Not necessarily. Perhaps I was wrong."

He was not wanting to make something out of it.  It wasn't typical for Edward to be wrong, but perhaps he hadn't really felt something after all.  If there were something to it, he figured that one of the other seers in the house might mention something if they felt the sudden burst of anger from nowhere like he had.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23621
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Jack looked at edward when he asked about Robert " I saw Escobar out side , he...he called me wearwolf " he said and sipped his tea " might have got his back up when I told him my name was Jack not wearwolf. " he said and smelt the orange cinnamon rolls he sighed and looked back to Edward and spoke again his voice softer. "thats not who I am, I am Jack heart, not wearwolf." he said softly as he looked into his cup watching it swirl as he stood. He looked up at Edward and then Angus finishing his coffee he placed it down and spoke softly " Im not going to let it spoil christmas day" he paused and looked at them both.

he left the kitchen and moved into the living room, he looked at the trees and decorations and sat back taking deep breaths in and out  to refocus his thoughts this was a happy day not one for him letting lose the beast taking out his vial he took his dose as he saw by the clock it was time for it.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:02 am

Edward understood what had happened. Escobar had never seen the need to get to know any humans. The only person he had any compassion for was Khaat. He had no use for other humans, and so learning their names had been, for the most part, unimportant for the last 600 years.

For some reason he had felt threatened by Escobar's addressing him, had taken it personally, and had needed to fight back. And in the process, he had angered the South American vampire.

"He's a respected guest, Jack, not a co-worker," was Edward's only reply. He pick up his coat and looked at Angus. "I'll deal with this. Do keep the holiday on schedule, please."

"I'll do my best," Angus said. He began to work on the rest of breakfast, deciding to let his grandfather deal with the vampire.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:16 am

Jack heard Edward and nodded " of course," He said softly " Escobar said he was going to checking the perimiters. "he said to Edward then looked at Angus. Before he moved into the living room and sat down. He saw Jess walk in and sighed. " ow don't start " he said and she looked at him as if to say " what now?" but then headed into the kitchen.

" so whats gone off now?" she asked Angus" Jacks done something I can tell" she pore out a cup of juice and replaced it in the fridge befoer moving to look at the Rolls " They look good, they for the others for breakfast or for the kids. " she askedtrying to ignore the headache she had from the tenshion she felt from Jack.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:27 am

"They're for everyone," Angus said. "Though I'm guessing the kids will like the berry ones that I have in the oven perhaps a bit better."

When Jess asked about Jack, he didn't really want to answer. He paused but then said, "He inadvertently angered Escobar. I don't think that Jack understands South Americans or their culture. They don't see a title as demeaning and every bit as significant as their name. There's no reason a 600 year old vampire would take the time to learn the name of every human he ran across. I can't imagine how that would overload my brain if I were Escobar. Jack presumes a lot, I think.

"My grandfather went out to talk to Escobar. The fact is that we need him to help guard against James right now, so I'm hoping that he can smooth things over. I'm hoping Jack soon learns that its not healthy to insult an immortal."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 am

Jess listened to Angus and sighed " yes even at 600 years old it would be to much to remember " she said " I'll talk to him and explain" she said to Angus " sometimes I don't know whose worse the kids or him " she said and glanced into the living room "I do hope edward can smooth things over hes an intresting man and an asset around here at the moment "she said and lent against the counter " I can't wait to try those hot cross buns they smell as good as hot cross buns" she said and sipped her coffee " Im letting him stew for a bit." she admited as to why she had not gone right over to him and told him off.

Once she was done with her cup she placed it into the sink and walked back into the living room and sat with Jack.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:15 am

Marcus had awakened, not being able to sleep with voices talking in the same room he was trying to sleep in.  He hadn't realized he had fallen asleep until he woke up beside her.  Rather than being rattled by it, he merely smiled, knowing that their intentions had been honorable, and not feeling he needed to measure up to anyone's expectations but hers.

She was still laying on his shoulder.  Well, that was gonna hurt, whenever she woke. He heard the conversation going on and sighed. He wanted to bellow at them that they were too nosy, but he decided against it, not willing to scare Khaat out of her wits.  

He cast a spell to slide their tea mugs from the night before across the floor and out to the kitchen for someone to put some morning coffee into.  

Edward saw the mugs slide across the floor in the kitchen and he laughed.  "I think that's a cue for coffee for two," he said. "You know, if they're lucky, we won't make them use dirty mugs and might give them each a clean one."

"Well, it is Christmas, after all," Angus laughed. "I bet there are two clean mugs left in the cabinet.  Can someone get Khaat and Marcus coffee and send up...."

He was interrupted by the sound of shouting, excited children and the sound of little feet, thundering down the stairs.

"And here they come," Edward said.  "Stations, everyone. Let's not let them go wild opening gifts until their grandparents and Brian get here."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:48 am

Jess chuckled seeing the two cups sliding across the floor and nodded she stood up and walked to the cupboard and took down the cups making two cups of coffee she sent it back to them making sure it was high enough that it would not spill on the children running down the stars into the living room.

" wow, slow down, some one will get hurt. " she heard Brants voice say and the feet slowed down " thats better now sit down at the table and wait for your papa and father's " he said and Jess chuckled as they all filed in and sat down waiting though still happily chatting away to each other.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:03 am

Brian came downstairs, feeling a bit draggy. He hadn't slept the best, and he wasn't sure why. Robert and Kate were just a few steps behind.

"You need a cup of coffee," Kate said to him quietly.

"Yup," Brian yawned.

"Any reason you look like you didn't shut your eyes?" she asked.

"I kept waking up. I don't know why," Brian replied.

"Its normal," Kate laughed. "This is the first Christmas all of your kids are old enough to understand what this is all about. And you're working very hard to be a perfect parent. But let me give you a clue. There are no perfect parents. Not a one. Let them tear the hell out of things today, and we'll repair the damage tomorrow. We are wizards, after all."

"I am doing nothing until someone puts a cup of French roast in my hands," he said. "Belby, can you tell me--is that what it looks like?"

"I don't know what you think it looks like, Sir," Marcus replied.

"I'm not sure," Brian frowned.

"Then, no, Sir," He said. "I can't answer that question."

Brian scowled, not amused by Marcus. "Can I hurt him now?"

"Its not worth it. He's very expensive, especially he's killed in the line of duty," Kate teased.

"Daddy!" Abbey ran to him, "I want toys now!" The other kid leaped up and ran at Brian, chanting "Toys! Toys..."

"There's better be parents here," Brian yawned again.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top