On a Mission - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

On a Mission - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

On a Mission

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a Mission - Page 8 Empty Re: On a Mission

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Jack felt a hand on her arm, and she focused on that. The pain that was not hers faded momentarily, and she could hear Silvyr's voice clearly. "Thanks." She nodded. The Healers moved towards her and she shook her head. "Not life-threatening. Mental. Long story. GO."

The Healers looked at each other in confusion but moved away from the babbling redhead. As soon as the voices were gone, newfound pain and emotion overtook and overwhelmed her, sending trembles through her limbs and spine.

Jack pushed herself into a standing position, swaying. She felt pain in every joint, pounding anger and fear in every nerve. She bit her tongue, feeling punctures beginning to form and blood filling her mouth. A perfect distractor. She spat the blood from her mouth and sprinted towards the bodies, adding her own water to the bodies.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Silvyr watched Jack stand and rush towards the fire. Exhilarated at his friends determination he too stood and tried to jog towards the fire but had to slow after only a few steps. His clothes were now burnt and filled with holes but he didn't notice. He lifted his wand and sent water shooting towards the flames adding all the energy he could spare in the strength of his spell.

He came to a stop when he was close enough to feel the immense heat being produced from the flames. As the heat rolled past him, warming his body, it licked the wounds cover his back making them scream out in pain. He ignored it and continued to focus on the task at hand which was far from being dealt with.

Silvyr looked over to James and yelled, "We need to find the Death Eaters responsible for this who are still BLOODY here!!! We won't accomplish anything with them starting knew fires every time we put one out." He hadn't looked at Jack because he knew she would hear him due to her standing only a few feet from him.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:16 pm

"I know," James replied to Silvyr grimly as the flames on the bodies died down, "I just wish we had more able bodies to help out here. You're right, though. Going house to house trying to put out the flames isn't going to help if there are new flames created each time we extinguish them."

James looked hard at Jack, noticing that something wasn't right with her, but for now he would have to ignore it. Jack was important to him, but it was a matter of many lives over one life.

"Leah hasn't noticed anything strange?" James asked of Silvyr, "I have a wolf animagus form, and could help you two sniff out any Death Eaters, however I'd still need someone to be in charge."

James glanced sideways at Jack, gauging whether or not she'd be able to handle it in her state. He decided to give her the option of volunteering herself. Only she knew whether she could adequately handle it or not.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:25 pm

Her vision was messing with her. Spots would appear, the world would spin, and then everything would become startling clear. She had to spit blood out of her mouth again, and settle for biting the insides of her cheek- if she didn't stop biting her tongue, she was sure to bite the tip off.

Jack heaved a groan of irritation and raised her wand to her face. "Aguamenti!" The splash of water didn't relieve her pain, but it strengthened her fortitude. "Go find them," Jack said. "You find any Death Eaters, bark twice. One bark for help." She cracked her knuckles, wielding her wand and glancing around for trouble. "I'll cover it up here."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:59 am

Silvyr answered James, "Have you taken a deep breath lately? There's no way we can find anyone out of the ordinary because of all this smoke. We need a birds eye view of the street." Water continued to rush from his wand at the bodies as he worked to keep the stream on the most unrelenting spots.

Knowing he wouldn't be able to go anywhere in his animugus form Silvyr whistled loudly for Leah who was down the street. When she had returned to him he gave her instructions to listen to James and help find any Death Eaters in the alleys.
_______
Leah took off back down the road and stopped beside James waiting for him to take the lead.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:39 am

James frowned. He hadn't thought of that little detail.

"Guess I don't spend enough time as a wolf..." James chided himself, "I wouldn't have thought about the smoke covering up the scent until after I was the wolf and hacking on the scent. I think it's our best bet as of right now, though...I could summon a broom and try for an aerial view, however the smoke would screen the ground just as easily. Even if I were to follow Leah, I could lose her, and I'd feel terrible if she fell into trouble and was hurt because of it.

I know I don't have as much experience as you do in the wolf form, Silvyr, but please rest up for a bit. Seems you've sacrificed quite a bit of health in the act of rescuing others. If Leah doesn't mind me as a partner, and if she's in good health, we can scour the streets a bit...see what we can find."

James morphed into his ebony wolf form, contrasting against Leah's white as he stood next to her. Acrid smoke stung James' sensitive nose, and he sneezed twice, clearing up his nasal passages. James paused, looking up at Silvyr and Jack to await any last minute comments or advice.

((Urg, sorry, not the best post. Bit distracted last two days.))
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:47 am

After bandaging up the survivors he had found best he could, Whight placed them to the out of the way of danger and moved on as the Healers surrounded. There wear screams of pain and agony all about the area and Whight knew there was going to be little he could do for everyone in need. He saw Jack and another fellow run to the aid of more distant cries. Whight looked around to reassess the situation. The chaos had hardly subsided.

In his pause Whight saw a white wolf pass by. He recognized the furry beast having been on many different adventures with her. The site only meant one thing; Silvyr had arrived to the seen. Whight made no point to seek his friend out. If they were to run into one another that was one thing, but as far as the Order was concerned he had never seen the man in his life other than at the meeting.

As he made his way back up the street, Whight noticed Jack returning from the distress call. He upped his pace toward her. “Sorry I’ve been gone for so long. There were people in need and no Healers around. Catch me up and tell me where I’m needed,” he said seeing how she looked to have a good notion as to what was going on.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm

James looked to Jack and she paused, trying to think of something to say. She had no instruction, she had no advice. But she felt like she should say something. "Don't... die," Jack said, a small smile flickering onto her face, trying to express her concern while refraining from being too serious.

She heard an approach of someone from behind her and she turned around, facing Whight as he drew near. "Don't worry, you have to do what you have to do," Jack said in response to his apology and explanation. His question was hard for her to answer. When had she become a point person? She glanced around. "Well, we're trying to track down whoever is starting the fires, but I don't know what else. We should start organizing transports to St Mungo's of people well enough to apparate."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top