On a Mission - Page 6
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

On a Mission - Page 6 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

On a Mission

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On a Mission - Page 6 Empty Re: On a Mission

Post by Susan Bones Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:52 pm

Susan sighed; she would have kept arguing if it wasn’t the fact the infant needed care also. What was she going to do with the infant? Could she take on another child? This was one of those things she had gone to Khaat about. Despite the age difference they had been close since Susan had started doing undercover work for her a few months ago.

“James if you don’t mind send a patronus to the Bones manner in Queenborough or go there and make sure my parents and the twins are alright. Stuff like this happens in threes, I suppose my family is high on the hit list right now,” she said. She always worried about her family. Last time the Death Eaters nearly wipped all the Bones out they could acutally do it this time. Claire and Edgar were already dead, that left five of them not counting the twins since they weren’t officially Bones until next year when they start Hogwarts, stupid Welsh adoption laws. “I’ve already lost my two oldest kids, I don’t want to lose anyone else,” she added. She hadn’t made it public about the death of her two oldest kids but she didn’t care, there was so much chaos that would probably be forgotten plus it would be in the Daily Prophet once she finished up the last touches for the funeral.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:53 am

Sophia Granger among the rest of the healers came to aid the injured who were hurt in this horrible event. Sophia Granger just came back from Ordering any and all healers who were able to to help out. With St. Mungo's being busy now days, it was hard to get healers who weren't busy. But Sophia was glad she gotten a couple to help her out in this time of need. Seeing Helene a fellow healer she walked up to her and nodded to her.

"Lena, can you to help me get the injured to St.Mungo's so we can start to get them treated? I already made a Order for any and all healers to help."said Sophia. Being the Assistant Director meant she had to step up and take action. Khaat and Robert didn't make her it for nothing, so she had to do something starting now! "The other healers should be here soon, so we have more help coming."said Sophia.

Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 am

Jack and Whight appeared, and the redhead performed a quick scan of the area, before releasing Whight and hurrying off, once again seeking out James Potter. For whatever reason, Jack felt she could rely most heavily upon him. She didn't know what spurned such a trust between the two, and yet, it was there.

She approached him, catching his shoulder in her hand so that she could catch his attention as well. "He's gone," Jack said. She sighed, shaking her head. "I'll sort it out later. What can I do here that can be of some help?"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:34 am

"Of course I'll check up on your family," James replied to Susan, "I'll sent a patronus, and then check up on them personally once I am done here."

"Excuse me," James said to Susan, Helene, and Sophia when Jack appeared, putting an arm around her shoulder, and guiding her a little ways away from the group. Once out of earshot, he put a hand on each shoulder and moved her to face him.

"Now, I know better than to think that you will sit here and tell me what happened with Nemo right now...but once we get things straightened out here, I want to know what happened. I'm going to help, and we're going to get him back."

James looked into Jack's eyes to show how serious he was about this. He wasn't going to let her deal with this on her own, which Jack seemed to have a tendency for doing.

"I will help you whether you like it or not, so don't go being stubborn either," James added releasing Jack from his grip, "As soon as things are under control here, let's head to Headquarters. Everyone needs to be summoned to an emergency meeting, so we can decide what to do from here. This isn't something that is going to be solved by one person. It will take all of us, so we need to band together."

James turned to look at the carnage of Diagon Alley. The fires were put out for the most part, and more wizards were turning up to help. James hadn't realized the full extent of the damage the Fiendfyre caused, but building after building seemed to be coming into peril. With a deep sigh, James turned away from Jack. There was so much to do.

"We need every available wizard to work on putting out the remaining fires," James announced loudly for all the newcomers to hear, "We also need to search each building for any survivors and for anyone who is hurt. We have workers here from St Mungos who will oversee the transport of patients to the hospital. Minor injuries can be treated here as well. As for the bodies...."

James voice hitched a bit. Handling losses was never an easy thing.

"As for any bodies," James continued, "Line them up on the South side of the street. Look for any forms of identification, so that we can begin identifying the bodies. We'll get some sheets and table clothes from any surrounding buildings to cover the bodies with. If identification is found, write the name on the right inside corner of the deceased's cover near their head. If no identification is found, mark the outside of the sheet with a large 'JD'. They will need to be identified later."

James paused, wracking his brain for anything else that needed to be done, but he seemed to have covered all the important things.

"Let's get to it, people."

Last edited by James S. Potter on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:29 am; edited 1 time in total
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 am

James immediately pulled Jack aside and, in her hopeless state, she did not shirk from the closeness he pulled her into. For a moment, Jack allowed James to bring her near him as she knew her future would be much more isolated than she had become accustomed to in the past few months.

He turned her around and looked her straight in the eyes, speaking with kindness and understanding. It would probably startle him, therefore, to see the dullness and lack of passion in her eyes. It was as if she could not be phased- Jack knew this stage of misery well. She often let herself be stuck in this. It gave her a bad reputation of heartlessness and inhumanity that led people to believe she was made of stone.

Inside of her stone shell, however, Jack ached. This blow to her life, as well as James' kind extension of help, hurt more than she would allow her exterior to show. She suddenly felt a small weight relieved from her- she still had a whole lot of hell to go through, but she could not help but trust him.

He swore to help her despite her own stubbornness and a small smile became a phantom of her face- not exactly there, but almost. She nodded, glad to have him taking leadership here. She did not want leadership.

He turned and gave the next steps. She listened to it all and then said, to anyone near her, "I'll take the bodies." It was grim work, but Jack always took this job. It was a good reminder to her of the price she would pay if she ever stooped to the level of her enemies. She had only ever used the killing curse once, and on a being incapable of death by magical means. She would never allow herself to become a killer- she had too many tendencies for destruction.

Besides- Jack knew she was strong enough to handle bodies. Most weren't, and she was doing a huge favor taking the burden on herself. She moved to the nearest location and began rooting through the ashes and rubble. The bodies she found were gruesome- flesh melting, faces contorted in fear and pain, hair burned away, skin turning to ash. Jack used a spell to hover them each over each other and took the bodies, three by three, to the location James had indicated. She personally picked each body up, wrapped them in clean sheets she conjured, and set them down. Once they were all out, identification could begin.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 am

High above the Alley flew a black raven. The raven to most would look just as a bird but to those who understood magic would see it for what it was. A very powerful artifact. And to those who knew who could create such a thing would know who sent the Raven now.

The large black bird turned into a dive. The ground rushed up and just before it hit a building it extended its wings and slowed dramatically.

It let out a small giggle as it examined the area. It could smell the dead and smoke. The combination told it where food was.

It flew over to Knockturn alley happy to see that its home had not been touched by the magical fire. Having completed its main objective it flew over and landed on top of Spark's not caring to hide itself. His new objective was to wait until it's master gave it new orders.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Alice Rousseau Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:12 pm

It would not dawn on Helene until later, until many glasses of Firewhisky later, what had happened in the alley. She had dealt with those she’d encountered numbly and with haste, forwarding the majority of them to St. Mungo’s, not realising that the Director was missing. She chose not to press Susan any further about the infant and, after making sure that the woman’s hands and other wounds were seen to, rose from her position and removed her wand once more. With her spare hand she reached into the bag that she had tied to her belt, tucking the dittany into one of the pouches and pulling the drawstring of the bag, ensuring it was tightly bound.

Helene made to leave but was instead stopped by the man who had been fighting the flames and had held the other half of Susan’s conversation. The blonde blinked and looked at the man curiously before flashing him a smile that disappeared as quickly as it appeared. She opened her mouth to reply but paused, the words caught in her throat, upon seeing Sophia approaching her, a grim look on her face that matched many expressions on the faces of the others that had lingered. Helene flicked her head towards Sophia, raising her eyebrows a little at James as if to say “you heard”, before breezing past the man to meet the other Witch.

“The few that I had with me, interns mostly, are dealing with minor burns. The others we’ve been forwarding to St. Mungo’s. I believe someone has gone to set up a Floo passage between Olivander’s and the hospital so we can start referring people thee. Fortescue’s has also been opened up for people to be treated.” Helene told Sophia dutifully. “I think anyone left hanging around can only be here waiting on news, Madam. I believe we should refer everyone to the hospital and deal with-”

The Frenchwoman paused upon hearing the voice of the man again and she turned to listen to the instructions that were given. Helene looked back at Sophia and shrugged her shoulders minutely before beginning to twist her wand somewhat impatiently between her fingers.

“I’ll comb the area around the shop.” She volunteered quietly before slipping away from Sophia, trudging up through the broken glass and debris towards the bistro where she dragged her eyes to and fro, searching but hoping that there was no one left to find. The deceased were not something that Helene was good at dealing with. Quite ironic really, considering her profession.
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Susan chose to left but knew she would return soon as possible. She knew she had to get medical treatment for both herself and the child. She had to be rational. She gets treated then makes sure the infant is cared for even if she has to lie. She was going to do whatever it takes. She had to hope whatever she did was the right choice. She had so much on her plate. The Daily Prophet, kids and everything else people throw at her. Could she take on another responsibility? She just didn’t know anymore. Nothing was as easy as it had been in a few years ago.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:51 am

Silvyr sat in his small room that he had been calling home at the Brooms for the past few weeks. He had been working for hours on notes and a particular risky step in the creation of a spell that had been much harder to perfect than he had imagined when taking on the assignment from his Lord.

Behind him he heard Leah whine, breaking his concentration. Silvyr turned to see what was the matter and saw that she was standing with her ears erect staring at him along with a blue Lion standing beside her. Instantly he knew something was wrong from the intrusion of someones spell but he had no idea what it could be.

Quickly SIlvyr stood and grabbed his coat and made sure his wand was in his pocket before walking to Leah and allowing her weight to touch his leg barely before apparating to Number 12.
____

The house was empty and silent which made Silvyr's stomach turn. He didn't like the thought of what an empty house and call for help could mean. He walked to the stairs that led to the house and hollered, "Anybody here?"

A voice behind him took him by surprise. A house elf came from inside the clock that stood next to the front door and informed him of the situation. Silvyr said his thanks before apparating.
____

Fires rolled out of buildings that made up Diagon Alley. The sky was black with smoke and a raven flew through the air. SIlvyr took note of the one bird but there was no time to think in detail of the strange site. He ran over to where he saw familiar faces of the order. Mainly James, Jack, and Whight. He knew he needed to be filled in and time was against him.

When he was in ear shot of the group he spoke calmly but forcefully. "Pardon our late arrival. I had to check at Number 12 because I had no idea of what had happened. Tell me what we need to do. You can fill me in on the rest later." James quickly told him of the need to find survivors in the buildings while trying to stop all of the fires. "We can stay out of the smoke and find survivors so we can start helping with that." Silvyr looked at Leah and nodded sending her on her way to find anyone in need of help. He too transformed and took off down the street into one of the burning buildings.
Silvyr Svan
Silvyr Svan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 333
Special Abilities : Animagus, Occlumens

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Weasley1 Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:10 pm

((I want to post, what's going on? I'm too lazy to read all posts. Can you guys PM me?))
Louis Weasley1
Louis Weasley1
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 490

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top