Marriage is Murder - Page 62
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 62 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 62 of 100 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 62 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:04 am

"I thought I ended the spell that animated the furniture," Robert scowled. "Did it not undo the hex on the garden furniture?" Then he looked back at Jack. "I think we just don't want her alone. Or feeling unwanted either one. I don't know what she was so angry and hurt about. I can only speculate. But I do know what's on Brian's mind, and I do think I need to get to it. I don't think it can wait."

"No," Kate agreed. "It cannot. He's only placating her right now. He has no intention of staying."

"I didn't figure he did."

"And you know that he won't release that sort of anger except to you," Kate said.

"Thats because thats all he knows," Robert said. "I'll take him out where we can be truly alone. So he doesn't have to hide anything from me because he's protecting someone else."

"Excellent idea. We'll manage."

"I know. Send for us if you can't." He went upstairs and got Brian's coat and tossed it to him. "Come with me," he said softly to Brian. It was not a request. Brian knew already what was coming. He looked at Khaat. "She'll be taken care of. I'm not asking you. I"m telling you. Come." Brian obeyed, and they left.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:11 am

Jim chuckled " yeah it was a bout half an hour ago, I wondered why they stopped " he said and sat down next to Cassidy as he drank his cider. Jack nodded as Robert spoke he nodded.

" I'll stay with her " he said softly Jess nodded and he looked back at Robert " that's if you want me to" he stood up and walked with him as he walked up to the bed room watching as Robert took Brian out hoping by the time he came back he would not leave Khaat and have worked out his anger.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:30 am

They were gone nearly four hours. And it was brutal for Brian. Robert gave him no choice but to release some deep emotions. Deep anger, deep fears, deep insecurities, and things that he had carried with him a long time. Things that he had disciplined himself to continue to work in spite of but not truly deal with. And now, with marriage and fatherhood and massively increased responsibilities, it had all stacked up for him.

Robert had forced him to be brutally honest. Robert had stepped in where Brian allowed no one else and forced him to let go. When it was all overwith, Brian was completely exhausted. He had been sick repeatedly from the emotional strain. Robert had managed that for him but he had let Brian merely sleep the last hour.

In the time they were gone, Khaat was only asleep for perhaps a couple of hours. She woke and found Brian gone. He had promised to stay and he was gone. She tried not to read into it, but who truly knew where a wizard went, anyway? A wizard? She was married to some Merlin like man? It started to register with her, and it seemed very unreal. He hadn't done much magic around her. Only things, for the most part, that could be written off as conjuring tricks. Except for the travelling business. She couldn't write that off as easily.

She saw Jack was there with her instead of Brian. She sat up, looking for Brian. She had to believe he would come back. And soon.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:39 am

Jack looked over and smiled seeing Khaat awake " he just with Robert they will be back soon" he said softly and calmly so not to worry her. " you want a drink or something to eat?" he asked but he stayed sat in his seat. Jess looked up then at Kate.

"shes awake Jacks talking to her Kate" she said " you want to go check on her ?" she asked and stood up not heading up but still keeping an eye on both of them " I hope Roberts not to hard on Brian " she said softly.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 am

She appreciated Jack telling her that Brian had gone out for a bit with the man who insisted he was her father and that he had reassured her that Brian would be back. When Jack asked her if she wanted anything, she saw the warm pink shawl that Brian had wrapped around her so much yesterday. It felt secure and warm and it kept the chill off her shoulders. She shook her head--she didn't want anything to drink. But after a bit of struggling not to want to put Jack out, she pointed to the pink shawl on the other side of the room.

"She's nervous without him," Kate said softly. "That can be a good thing. Her desire to have him close is what might keep them together. And Brian has been afraid of his own temper since his parents died. The only one he feels safe to let go in front of is Robert. Robert was willing to handle whatever Brian could dish out, and as a suddenly orphaned seven year old, he was a very violently angry child. He didn't want to belong to us at first. He trusted Khaat, but he surely didn't trust Robert or Remus or me. But Robert never walked away, never gave up, never found Brian to be too much. And Brian still trusts in that. He'll be okay. This is going to be far more shouting and cussing and blowing off steam than anything physical. And Robert will deal with it until Brian has no more to dish out."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:13 am

Jack watched her and noted her eyes glancing to the shawl . When she pointed to it he stood up slowly and picked it up moving over to her he placed it over her shoulders then moved back to his seat and watched her again" you want to play chess or something " he said pointing to a board that sat not far from him. " I have to admit I'm not that good at it Jess beats me every time at this" he could not help but chuckle.

Jess sat and listened to Kate nodding as she understood what she was saying " I can imagine he will he does it to every one to see there limit its a good thing so we know him and he knows us " she could not help but smile at the memories of her time with Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 am

She didn't know if she remembered if she knew how to play chess or not. Downstairs, Kate got the feeling Khaat was awake. She decided, on an impulse she couldn't entirely explain, she accio'd a letter sized jigsaw puzzle with a beautiful reproduction of a Victorian Christmas card. The puzzle was small but had over 300 tiny pieces. It had never been opened. She sent it up to the coffee table in Khaat's room. She wasn't sure why she had done it, but it felt necessary.

When the little cardboard box floated into the room, Khaat jumped, startled. she saw the box land on the coffee table, and Khaat watched it, just in case it decided to move on its own again. She hadn't seen Jack do anything. How the heck had the box just gotten here by itself? And what sort of evil nonsense did it have in it?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:32 am

Jack watched and smiled " that would be Kate your mother she knows you well " he said taking it and opening it for her " its a jigsaw she must have felt that you needed some thing to do" he said and placed the pieces in front of her. " try it its not evil or anything " he held out a piece for her and smiled " ow I got yellow ducks under a bridge" he said and smiled.

Jess smiled as Kate sent up the box " do you think Jack will know what to do?" she said and chuckled as she sat back in her chair. Cassidy moved to the kitchen and to Angus.

"Anything you need me to do for you ?" she asked " I want to start cooking again" she asked " um...healthy no cookies or fatty stuff is it possible for foods to be um...high in folic acid ?" she asked
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:49 am

"Balance in all things, Cassidy," Angus said quietly, resuming his kitchen duties. He began chopping carrots and celery and onion for the evening meal he was making. "I've made some peppermint stick ice cream for dessert and there is some sugar cookie dough in the fridge. You could finish baking those up for dessert. There is a whole plastic container of vintage cookie cutters in the cabinet above the fridge. Accio it down. I need to get a replacement stepstool for the kitchen. The one we have has a bad step on it, so I got rid of it."

Puzzles. Khaat felt a bit better equipped for puzzles--if it wasn't hard enough that it made her head hurt. She looked in the box. Just a puzzle. Nothing more. She looked through the pieces a bit and found a couple of edge pieces. A corner piece. The head injury made it take a bit longer than she liked, but she was able to connect the three pieces she had selected. But it didn't look like much. A snowdrift. Nothing but snow.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:58 am

Cassidy smiled and moved to get the cookie cutters and the dough to make the cookies she stood and enjoyed every bit " I'm just feeling a bit unfit of late Angus " she said and looked at him " its why I stayed behind, I felt I would be a liability if I went with them, as it was everything turned out ok." she used a tree cutter and a star cutter but she also found a duck cutter and she chuckled and cut the cookies placing them on a tray to cook. " ok that's done."

Jack smiled seeing her fit the pieces together " good, that's good" he said and took another piece " ah here's the top piece to yours " he said and held it out to her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 100 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 81 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top