Charms Lesson 1 - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Lesson 1

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Charms Lesson 1

Post by Ellie Burgess Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:12 pm

Ellie had sat in the back watching the commotion at times other wise she had fiddled with her necklace, opening and closing the locket. Yelling out answers bothered her some, but she had learned before, some teachers liked different settings. Including the subs. As a way to ignore it and not draw too much attention, she had a book set out in front of her, opened to a random page. She read while the other students were, in a sense to her, shouting. Why couldn't it be a quiet class? she thought as she continued to read and fiddle with her locket.

Everything seemed to be going well, there was a short pause of quiet. Ellie took that as a sign of luck. She hadnt known that the short interlude of silence was just a sign of the others thinking. The noise started back up again, and with her head bent down over a book she didnt know that spells were being sent in every which direction. When a few spells came close to hitting her she ducked down a little lower in her seat.

"Whats going on?" Ellie mouthed to herself. Sitting in the back of class she watched as students practiced and showed off their abilities. She slide a bit lower so her head was just visible above the desk.

Another spell came close to her but instead of hitting her, it hit the book she was reading and flung it somewhere in the room. Eyes now as wide as they could get, Ellie got her wand out. She looked to see who had hit her book and found someone who stood in the general direction of where the spell came from. And since everyone else was flinging spells at each other it seemed no one would notice her casting a few.

"Reducio." She said with a wave of her wand. No one dared to ever move her books by any means, physically or magically. She watched as her classmate shrunk down to the size of a mouse or maybe just a little bigger. She didnt pay attention to specifics of his size but she did promise to herself that she would reverse the spell later on. Only Ellie was tempted to do that task later on, after she had found where her book went soaring off to. Turning about Ellie set off to do that, as well as to blow off some steam. Little did she know that she had participated in the assignment.
Ellie Burgess
Ellie Burgess
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Alex, the half vampire, looked as a feather flew around his Patronus, and around him. He looked at the other boy who he had been helping. "I'm sure you'll be able to pull it off. No worries dude." Alex told the boy. And if Alex was able to pull off a complex move like that, and a whole bunch of people from Potter's Army, the boy could pull it off himself.

Then Alex turned his attention to the feather, and saw the boy who was controlling it. And was trying to turn the book into something. Alex could see from the wand movements that he was trying the spongy charm. Alex walked over, "You're trying it too repetitively, little man. Do it calmly." Alex said. Then pointed his wand at text book, and did the wand movement. And then pressed his hand on the book, and it went in like a sponge. "Breathe, little man." Alex said.

Then he saw his sister come in through the door, "Incoming!" He yelled-whispered, and lunged to the ground, so his sister wouldn't see him.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:54 pm

The girl, Candy, had been late and Milo had been prepared to take away House points, but her successful accomplishment of the task gained back the points she might have lost. Another Ravenclaw completed the assignment and Milo added her points. He clapped his hands together. "I think that just wraps it up. Good job everyone! Now you do have homework, but I assure you, it's short- write a review of the lesson. What did you like, what didn't you like. Write your house name at the top without your name- I want these to be anonymous. Being them in next week. The bell's not going to ring for another few minutes, but you can leave now."

OOC: Homework will be turned in at the end of THIS thread. OOC, I can see your names but it has no bearing IC- i.e. if you write that you think Milo is horrid and smelly, he won't know it's from you. The assignment earns you House points. This forum will be open to submit homework until CLASS TWO ends. Any length will do, but if there is more thought put into it, more points shall be given.

Gryffindor - 30
Ravenclaw - 36
Hufflepuff - 19
Slytherin - 32

STUDENT SPOTLIGHT

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 5 Jake-icon-jake-t-austin-7326754-100-100
AIDAN WILLSON

I give a student spotlight to the student I think was active, creative, made me laugh- whatever. If there is a student who sticks out in my mind, I want them mentioned. Aidan was active and willing to go with the punches. There were quite a few people I wanted to give this to- Destrey made me laugh and Alexander was active- but Aidan really kept the thread moving along. You can either elect to win your house twenty points or have a private, free lunch with your teacher to the restaurant of your choice. PM me your decision. Good job Aidan, and best of luck for next lesson everyone else!

Please turn in your homework below.
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Hufflepuff

Well, I loved the fact the teacher wasn't that strict, and didn't mind walking around the room to check what the students where doing, instead of making us walking up to his desk, one by one, which we all know would've been a pain in the Ass neck. And then the fact that we could have fun and help each other out, instead of sitting in our seats, wishing that a death eater would crash into the window to kill us with the killing curse.

What I didn't like is, not much, I like most of it, I might complain about the spells flying around, and almost hitting each other, but it's fine, and makes the class exciting.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie Burgess Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:21 pm

Ravenclaw

To review the class was that it was meant to teach the class about charms and their importance, though Id guess being taught the fundamentals would be a bore for some students then showing off what they know.

My likes of the class are fewer than my dislikes. But i do have to say is that i did like the class participation, though it was far from organized and thing were being thrown around. I'm sure not all of that was on purpose.

What i did not like of the of the class was that as stated before, was not organized and that the class was in mass disarray. The students were loud and spells were going everywhere.

But in all, my opinion of the class, was that it was ok. It just needs some disipline and my reused statement of organization.
Ellie Burgess
Ellie Burgess
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Gryffindor

I thought this class was my best by far. It was kind of weird though, as spells were flying around all over the place. Quite unnerving, to be plain. Actually, not unnerving, kind of scary. But that's all good fun. The spells were interesting to watch, because some people's powers shocked me, if I were to just look at the person and say what I think they could do.

I'm going to say I liked you as a teacher, because I really did. But organization is key, even with substitutes. Oh well, your personality made up for it. You seemed very happy with all of us shooting spells around the room!

Anyways, that's it. I think. Yeah, it is.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 186
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:03 am

Ravenclaw

The class was overall very interesting, and a very great way to get students comfortable with the classroom and the students. Very hectic and very spantaneous, but that's what I always imagine magic to be about, preparing yourself for the unexpected and the randomness of the situation. I liked, as I have stated before, the sheer freedom we had with the lesson to do whatever we wished, although that almost led to a couple of wizard duels. Those are still cool regardless. What I didn't like was how chaotic the students had become, they didn't exactly handle each other well given the amount of freedom we had.

+1 for your attitude though, made a lot of people smile.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 am

Hufflepuff

I loved the fact we got to show our abilities. I wish we able to do that more often. The class was interesting for sure. i have to say I was a bit scared off and annoyed at first but it ended up to be a very fun class. We weren't using useless knowledge from a text book but actually learned by doing it.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:55 am

.Hufflepuff

I loved the fact we got to show our abilities. I wish we able to do that more often. The class was interesting for sure. I have to say I was a bit scared off and annoyed at first but it ended up to be a very fun class. We weren't using useless knowledge from a text book but actually learned by doing it.
It was a bit fast paced though. It was hard to keep up what was going on at time. I felt like I didn’t know what was going on half the time. It was still a great class even with it being so hectic.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Willson Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:15 pm

Ravenclaw

I liked the class overall. Everyone got to work at their own pace and have a go at something that they enjoyed or something new they wanted to learn. It was fun, since I like learning new things. It was good having older students who could help out younger ones, and so the younger ones could see charms to aspire to, though in some ways the older students taught the younger ones more so than the Professor. This is good in the fact it solidifies older students' knowledge, but may be more beneficial to the younger students to learn from someone more qualified.
Aidan Willson
Aidan Willson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top