Charms Lesson 1 - Page 3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Lesson 1

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Charms Lesson 1

Post by Alexander Jones Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:22 am

As Alex was about to forget what he had just done after the professor walked off. Then he heard, someone send the tickling charm towards him. Alex wasn't ticklish, but he heard that if the charm hit someone who wasn't ticklish it would send them flying back, so to keep from flying against the wall and losing points, he put his wand up, [i]"Protego!" He said, and to avoid making it hit the girl, he let it dissipate in his shield, then walked closer to the girl, "I kid, I kid!" Alex explained, although he had done it to flirt with her.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:03 am

Cat had walked in late to class, and was shocked to see a substitute professor seeming to let the children throw spells at whoever they want. "Sorry professor." Cat mumbled under her breath, sitting by a Ravenclaw girl. She rubbed her puffy eyes from lack of sleep, and her hair was a dull red color. God was she exhausted.

Turning to the girl, as she heard here voice, Cat gasped in shock. That can't be. "Liza?!" Cat asked in an angry tone, her eyes red, her hair seeming to turn redder as the seconds passed.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 186
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 am

Talon had been quiet for most of the class, yet even he had walked in about a minute late, yet nobody had seemed to notice. Possibly didn't care. At any rate, they were given an assignment, and Talon had no idea as to what charm to perform. His mind had drawn a blank, and he wasn't sure if the substitute would appreciate how slow his thought process was becoming. He mumbled for a second under his breath, helping him think a little. Okay, you did some reading over the summer, he thought to himself you know there is one spell you can do, so just do it!. But could he even attempt to conjuor up something like that? He groaned and made his way to a random area in the class.

Okay, how was he going to start this up? In the book, it said that he just needed to think of some kind of happy thought and do the incantation, and something was supposed to happen. So what memory could he possibly use? He groaned, placing a hand on his face. Wasting time here if he didn't do something soon. Okay, maybe just go with something else, this obviously wasn't a good time to try and do an advanced spell, might as well try something short, sweet, and to the point. Bah, everyone was using a simple charm, why should he? But it would make him seem like a fool if he tried to cast some powerful spell, only to have nothing happen. Hell, may as well try.

He held his wand up to some invisible target and began to tried to think of a happy thought. Ah Christ, what a difficult idea. Possibly hanging out with Caiden in London? No, his phone broke there at the time. Hanging out with Sapphire? His heart twitched. She was dead, remember? Okay, maybe going through some of the things his grandfather had. Okay, no, that just led to a great mystery they had yet to solve. With some new determination, he put on a confident face and thought of dating that Slytherin girl he had met a while back. Yet, that would do.

"Uhh...bloody hell, what was the incantation," he mumbled to himself, his mind still wandering around the idea of that girl. "Oh yes!" he thought aloud "Expecter Patronus!" Nothing happened. Christ, was that even the right incantation?! His cheeks turned red. "Expecto Patronus!" He felt nothing again, except for his cheeks flushing. "Expecto Patronum!" he said, a tiny little wisp forming from the end of his wand. Well, it was a start for now, but he wasn't even sure he had a positive memory. This time, he focused all of his thoughts on that memory and tried once more, not even caring that he would look like an idiot. "Expecto Patronum," he said again, this time a light blanket of mist forming out from his wand, not as much as what he had expected. Perhaps he wasn't doing it right.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:45 am

Milo saw the Hufflepuff move in to attempt to flirt with the girl who had attacked him and he clapped an encouraging hand on the boy's shoulder as he passed- the substitute fully supported the pursuit of hormones.

A girl ran in and apologized for being late. He suddenly beelined to approach the girl. "What you missed- hi, I'm Milo, the sub. Now, you have a choice. You can either lose five points for your House, or you can stand up and sing at the top of your lungs, the song Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." He smiled. "And when she's made her choice someone tell her what today's assignment. The loudest person to do it will earn points."

He turned and watched a Ravenclaw attempt a Patronus. "Good job. In the future, make sure the memory is concrete. It should be something that makes you smile or laugh when you think of it."

It looks odd because I gave a single point here or there where I thought you were creative in some way.

Gryffindor - 20
Ravenclaw - 31
Hufflepuff - 12
Slytherin - 21[/quote]
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:19 am

Cat laughed, already feeling like even though it was a small punishment, she would enjoy it none the less. Standing up straight, she stuck out her hand. "Milo, sub teacher person, I'm Cat Malcom. Ill just sing, thanks. I'm a Gryffindor, in case you want to give me points for my beautiful yelling." Her hair changed into highlighter green, and she cleared her throat, noticing the chaos of the classroom. Standing up on a desk, she cleared her throat. "TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR, HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE. UP ABOVE A WORLD SO HIGH, LIKE A DIAMOND IN THE SKY. TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR, HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU ARE." Getting into it, Cat, feeling hoarse, bowed at the end of it.

"That was fun Milo, I should be late all the time." Cat grinned at Milo, and once again sat next to the Ravenclaw, who had impersonated one named Liza Ackerman. She looked different, but she recognized the voice, which pissed Cat off.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sunny Dyllan-Thomas Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:38 am

((Cat, Teddy was wearing a disguise when she visited Cat. She looks completely different now))

Teddy flowered at the Hufflepuff boy. What turn of events had made her the butt of everyone's joke? Was she so notorious that people were starting to strike back? It was not as if she sold or even shared secrets. She kept them to herself, compiled them like evidence in case they ever became relevant to a story she was working on.

She stared at the boy and said, "Yeah, well... Keep it that wa-" She was suddenly drowned out by the shrieking sounds of a singing girl. "Must we ALL be tortured?"
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Sunny Dyllan-Thomas
Child

Number of posts : 199

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:43 am

"Oh hush girl. I didn't want to lose out five marvelous points for my house. House cup and all." Grabbing her things, Cat winked to the girl as she walked by, not liking the sass she was given. She ruffled Alex's hair as she walked past, and sat down near the middle of the room.

"Now is someone going to tell me what we are doing, or not?" Cat asked loudly, waiting for an answer. "Because if we are randomly shooting spells at people, I can do that." Pulling out her wand, she twirled it in the air, waiting for a response.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:43 am

Talon immediately went wide eyed at the teachers suggestion. Something that made him smile or laugh? That must've meant that it wasn't just a memory, but something that created a positive emotion! That made more sense than just a memory, the spell manifested itself off positive emotions to fend off the evil creatures! The thought caused Talon to smile and said "Thanks Milo!" Now Talon had some kind of defense for anything that would come at him, something that would be quite useful if need be.

He turned back towards his invisible target and tried to think of his happy thought. Yet nothing seemed to be very effective. Right now, his thoughts were too clouded to have a decent thought towards happiness, so his spell hadn't been much effective in the next couple of tries. "Expecto Patrnoum," he said on his fifth try, not being able to create something more impressive than his second. They had all come out the same type of blanket mist, something that annoyed Talon greatly. Forget it, I'll practice thing else. he thought to himself as he began to scan the room. Besides the usual spell thrown at each other and the random girl singing twinkle star or whatever the hell it was, the people seemed to be working hard. He needed to step it up.

He couldn't really think of a good spell to use other than the Patronus charm, yet he knew that he wasn't capable of doing a full fledged Patronus until he had some decent thoughts to think. He sighed, attempting to think of another idea. Perhaps he would just practice his accio spell for a bit, seeing as how he couldn't think of anything else. He pulled a random chair from one of the corners of the room and aimed his wand at it. "Accio," he incanted, the chair move directly in front of him. "Pelsum," he said, the chair pushing itself quite a distance away from him. God, he was a magical genius, wasn't he?
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top