Charms Lesson 1 - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Lesson 1

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Lesson 1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Charms Lesson 1

Post by Alexander Jones Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 am

Accio had not been even close to the hardest spell he knew, he was just bored, and found it a way to flirt. And thought, Could I use Accio to bully someone? Like give them a magical wedgie. But decided that as he was in class, it was better not to try that. Alex looked at the objects that he had summoned. "Depulso. Depulso. Depulso. Depulso. Depulso." And sent everything he had summoned away.

Then heard some singing, he quickly covered his ears, and clenched his eyes closed. "Cat, seriously... Stop." He said, as she walked passed ruffling Alex's hair. Alex sat on top of a table, next to the cute girl he had tried to 'Accio.' He didn't do it to be a bother, he walked over to another Ravenclaw boy who was trying Expecto Patronum. A couple years back, when Jack was still leader, he remembered that they had practiced the Patronus Charm. "Maybe you need to be happy, and not trying it so hard. It should come naturally." Alex said, explaining it, not wanting to be teacher, just wanted to help a classmate. "I'm not the teacher or anything, I think you're older than me too, but it can be easy if you let it be." Alex said.

He looked out, "Expecto Patronum!" And the Patronus, the light blue mist, formed an Eagle, which screeched.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Willson Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:16 am

Aware he'd been hit by a charm, Aidan looked around, but couldn't tell for sure where it came from. He was just grateful to the Professor for using the counter charm on him. Now, back to making a feather fly. Aidan was getting the hang of it now, and the feather rose into the air more times than not.

Aidan was bored of it by now. He could make a feather fly up in the air. When would he need to make a feather fly? He wanted to do something different, but Milo hadn't taught him anything else. Maybe he could levitate the feather, but move it and tickle someone or something. He went back to his feather, and practised controlling it whilst levitating it. It wasn't too hard, really, he thought, making the feather do laps around the classroom. Then he decided to make it go towards the Hufflepuff who just casted the patronus. The feather drifted towards the boy, and started moving around his body.
Aidan Willson
Aidan Willson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleksa Carlevaro Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Damitrius guess it was her turn now, since Milo was coming up to her soon and she sighed, shaking her head. Just get it over with. The faster you do it, the faster he'll move on and not be all weird around you. she gave a small nod, before pointing her wand to the cabinet where there were pillows and she said, "Accio!" to summon one towards. It came about half way, maybe a little more before it started to drop and she went to get it, catching it just before it reached the floor.

She sighed and put it a few inches ahead of her. "Incendio!" she flicked her wand and the pillow burst into flames. At least she could do that spell right. She watched the flames engulf the pillow before grinning at Milo and flicking her wand again, "Glacius!" and she watched the flames go out because of the cold air that hit the pillow.

"How was that?" she asked.
Aleksa Carlevaro
Aleksa Carlevaro
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 357
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:20 pm

Milo was pleased by the Ashcroft twin-things. He watched their near-mini-duel with pleasure and awarded them bot their points before looking at the girl that had come in late. She sang and therefore saved her House from losing points. No one seemed to want to strain their vocal chords anymore, leaving him to tell her, "I'd like for you to perform your most advanced charm you know for me."

He reached Damitrius and after she finished he began clapping enthusiastically. "Bravo, sister! 1,000 points!" He smirked and awarded her the default amount, patting one of her cheeks before glancing around. Not only had people completed the task, some of them were practicing. This teaching thing wasn't so hard.

Gryffindor - 25
Ravenclaw - 31
Hufflepuff - 13
Slytherin - 32
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:47 pm

"The most advanced charm?" Cat repeated blankly. An idea sprung though, causing her to change her hair color from electric green to her usual red, and she smiled widely. "I'd like to do the Patronus spell, if you wouldn't mind." Cat rolled up her sleeves and stood up again, the smile still on her face. She had a fierce look in her eye, and she didn't want to mess this spell up.

The happiest memory that I can think of is when my family was whole and happy. My father and mother cooked dinner, laughing and kissing. My sister sat with me in the living room playing with my dolls. It was the summer before her seventh year, and it was her birthday. Instead of hanging out with her friends, she took me 'big girl' shopping, getting my nails painted and getting a new dress. We sang happy birthday and ate cake and laughed a lot, a big happy family.

Closing her eyes, Cat focused on that memory. She had practiced only that spell all summer, realizing that if hse was happy, than it would work. Opening her mouth, Cat knew she could do it. "Expeco Patronum!" The form of the Patronus was an ocelot, and the blueish cat ran about easily, before disappearing as easily as it had come.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 186
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Talon Marlowe Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

Talon had just fininshed pushing the chair away when he heard another student approach him. He had no clue as to who he was, but he seemed to be trying to help him. Talon seemed frustrated really, he couldn't really figure out how two people had managed to perform a full fledged version of the spell, it said in the book that it was an advanced charm, for advanced users of magic. Maybe they just had a lot of practice at it, a lot more time to focus their energy on the spell while Talon had just gotten finished with his first attempt ever. He listened to the guy's advice though, he said to just let it happen naturally, yet he wasn't even sure it would be that easy.

Ah what the hell, he'd give it another shot. He aimed his wand at the invisible target again and said "Expecto Patronum," he said again, the mist coming out the same as it had done before. Feeling discouraged, he turned back towards the kid and shrugged. "I guess I can't wrap my mind around that 'natural' thought," he said calmly, feeling irritated with himself that he wasn't able to perform a spell like that. Christ, he was a Ravenclaw, this was supposed to be his sort of thing, learning how to take the magic and apply it to a greater force.
Talon Marlowe
Talon Marlowe
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 159

Back to top Go down

Post by Aidan Willson Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:49 pm

Bored, Aidan wanted to try another charm. He tried to think of charms he'd read about or seen people do. He remembered hearing about incendio, and could vaguely remember how it should be done. He thought now probably wasn't the best time to try it though, he didn't want to set the class on fire by accident. That would be awful.

Aidan then remembered the softening charm. His mother always used it at home, he could remember the wand movement pretty readily. His mother had always done it non-verbally, but from reading he knew the incantation was...spongy? Something like that. He flicked through his textbook, finding the charm spongify. He went over to the side and grabbed a couple of books to practise on. He didn't want to make his own textbook go like that. He then sat down, starting one of his soon to be many attempts to make the book have a sponge-like feel, as opposed to a hard book. He tried and tried again, but he sat there, determined not to give up.
Aidan Willson
Aidan Willson
First Year Hufflepuff
First Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:58 pm

Amelia saw something wiz by her head. She was awake now for sure. She didn’t know who had casted the spell or why but she did know she could finitely use magic. Why not? She was done sulking and wanted to give someone a piece of her mind now. She wasn’t really aiming for one person or another. She just hoped it didn’t hit someone she didn’t want to start something with the wrong person.

The professor walked over to her table. She knew what spell to use, her brother Edgar had told her to use it if you can’t think of anything else. This moment called for that. She had a lot of faith in it working.

“Avis, Avis, Avis,” she stated getting frustrated as it didn’t work. “Avis!” she finally said with force. A flock of small yellow birds shot out Amelia’s wand with a lot of power making her fall over from the aftershock. She felt sorry for whoever got in the way of the flock of birds. She really hadn’t meant for that to happen.

Then she also remembered ‘Aqua Eructo’. She aimed for a rather dirty part of the classroom where no one would get wet. “Aqua Eructo, Aqua Eructo, Aqua Ercuto,” she said. She tightened her grip knowing it could push her backwards. “Aqua Eructo!” she called. The jet of water spewed out of Amelia want and into the corner of the room. She stopped before it started to flood the corner. She smiled happily.

((Sorry, I forgot to come back to check this class))
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Milo Dorsey D'eath Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Gryffindor - 30
Ravenclaw - 31
Hufflepuff - 18
Slytherin - 32

(last call?)
Milo Dorsey D'eath

Number of posts : 177

Back to top Go down

Post by Candy Jones Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:12 am

Candy had just arrived in class after being held up by the librarian after falling asleep on a book. She hoped this professor didn’t make a huge deal of her being late. She couldn’t help it that the librarian was being annoying and all getting worked up over nothing. She took her wand out and acted as if she had been there the whole time.

As the professor reached her table she had quickly decided which spell she would do. She expected that what she was supposed to do since that was what everyone else was doing “Duro, Duro, Duro, Duro,” muttered Candy before she waved her wand. “Duro,” she casted at a chair. The chair turned into stone
Candy Jones
Candy Jones
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top