Marriage is Murder - Page 72
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 72 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 pm

"Why do you think you need to be able to spot every evil artifact?" Robert frowned. "Nobody can do that. Not even Merlin could spot every evil in his life. Unfortunately, you're going to have to settle for being human like the rest of us. And Khaat wouldn't be likely to put you in a bug jar. That's not her style."

"Definitely not. She'd more likely make you into a teacup or some tacky looking hat," Angus said.

"For now, if you think you're ready, all you need to do is your job," Robert said. "I'll deal with Khaat. Right now she has other things on her mind besides you and that may be a good thing. I don't think we need to make a big deal of it. Just go back to your duties and let her see you can be trusted. It may take some time, though, for her to put her life or her children's in your hands. That's just likely to be part of it for a bit. Patience."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:43 pm

Steven nodded and listened when he heard Robert speak again he nodded “ your right just have to be careful I guess” he turned to look at Angus and chuckled nodding he agreed.
“ He would look good as a tea cup “ Steven heard Cassidy's voice from behind him as she walked over to hug him “ welcome back Steven” she said softly he smiled and held her close to him as he looked at Robert .

“ Its good to be back and its good to see you again.” He told her he looked at Robert and nodded his agreement once more. “ Your right, I'll start with Archangel by letting him know to not bite Brian.“ He looked over at Brian. “ And find out how he came to be in that trap.”He said then smiled down at Cassidy who smiled up at him. “ I'll be right back. “ he told her and with a kiss he let her go heading to the barn and the downed eagle.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:51 pm

"I think he only bit me because he was hurting," Brian said.

"Well, he was that," Robert said. "We'd have hurt too if we'd had those injuries. Someone wanted that eagle killed. The problem with having a trained eagle is that he's so recognizable. Its not like your average owl that isn't noticed--much like the difference between a hot pink envelope and a white one. Its just not the norm."

"He's a good companion," Kate defended. "He's loyal and brave and never ever shirks his duties because of fear or any other reason. And he's a fierce defender...."

"You don't have to argue his assets as an eagle to Khaat. I know. I approved when you trained him," Robert said. "But..he is a bit more noticeable than a plain brown owl."

"Yes, but he more than makes up for it," Kate said.

"Agreed. Completely. But we need to know who is trying to off Khaat's pet," Robert said. "And if there is any other reason than to gain her attention."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Steven stopped and listened he agreed with Brian. “Well if it hadn't bit you he'd probably would have bit me instead.” He told him folding his arms as he listened to Kate talk about Archangel. “ well he likes it here and thinks of Khaat as not just the woman who raised him, but as kinda his mate, I guess that's what you'd call it, in his mind anyway, he's bonded to her, if that makes any sort of sense.” he spoke softly as he finished his sentence. He agreed with Robert and turned to head down to the barn. Cassidy smiled as Steven left feeling relaxed but not too relaxed at having Steven back and close by again.
“ I'd better get back to the kids some are waking up “ she told them and moved up to the nursery as Jess walked down to face Jack her face scowled as she stood facing him.

“ that was a rotten thing you did to Steven making him ride belly down on his own horse “ she scolded Jack who looked at her.

“ just because he's back doesn't mean I have to like it “ Jack said and Jess smacked his arm in her anger.

“ Its not like he had a choice Jack, get over your self and give the guy a chance” she said softly Jack now looking like a scolded little boy.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 pm

"Yes," Kate said. "It does. He had a mate. For awhile. They'd been a pair for maybe a year or so and then she got sick and died. He seemed to grieve a long while for her, but he hasn't really looked for another mate since he has a job to do in his life. He seems to be happy now. I'm glad for that, actually."

"We did try to find him another mate but he really wasnt' interested," Robert said.

"Robert, do you suppose its Escobar?" Brian asked.

"I don't have any idea," Robert said. "It may be more important that we found Archangel in time before his injuries got the best of him and we lost him. You do know we need to tell Khaat when she wakes. He's going to want to see her, and she's going to want to see him."

"I'll tell her," Brian said. "That's fine. I would expect no less.'
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Steven nodded and chuckled as he left hearing Jess chew out Jack but he said nothing. Jack looked at Brian at the mention of Escobar and he groaned. “Not him again, he's just...creepy” he said folding his arms across his chest as he listened “ ow I do hope it was him I have a few things I'd love to show him” he said his voice filled with sarcasm as Jess hit his arm again and shook her head.

“All you think about lately is fighting and who to hit, go down to the gym and work it out, don't take it out on us.” She told him Jack chuckled.

“ Sure, once Robert says its all right for me to do so and once the grounds are checked to make sure there secure. ” he told her pulling her gently against him as he smiled down at her. “ hay Steven isn't the only romantic here Jess.” he said and gently kissed her cheek Jess just shook her head.

“Ah, I sense male rivalry is rife here.” She said and looked at Kate “ Maybe we should get the garden hose out to cool both of them down I think.” She said and chuckled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm

"You both need to separate your personal lives from your work time," Robert said. "Get going, both of you. Before I change my mind."

It was about 30 minutes later when Khaat came downstairs, showered and dressed. Just plain jeans and a plain shirt.

"I didn't expect you up yet," Brian frowned.

"I don't think you expected either of us up yet," Khaat noticed her father had apparently not gone to bed or hadn't stayed there long. "What's up?"

"Archangel had some sort of a minor mishap. He was caught in a trap. I'm sure he'd appreciate a visit to him in the barn. He's a bit nippy," Brian said. "Oh, and Steven is back."

"Okay," Khaat said, heading to the kitchen. Brian simply glanced back at her, watching her go. He had expected more of a reaction than that.

"Let it go," Robert advised. "If that issue is asleep, dont wake it up."

"Its not normal for her," Brian said.

"No, its not. But fi she needs our help, we'll know. Leave it be," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:12 am

Jess moved away from Jack and pointed down to the gym. “ Roberts right, get your head back in the game Jack.” she said while she moved up to the nursery to look after the children. Inside the Barn Steven now knelt beside Archangel and sighed as he looked him over.

“So what happened mate?” he asked him softly as he sat close by.“who did this?” Steven sat and listened to him squawk and squeak telling him what had happened. Taking a treat he fed him it and sighed a little as he knew the man who had done this needed to be stopped. He stood up and checked on the horses and other animals finding all safe and happy.

Even the mice living at the back of the barn squeaked when they saw him and he smiled as he gave them some biscuit crumbs from his pocket. “ Hum I'm becoming a right doctor Doolittle these days.” He said and chuckled as one mouse looked at him funny “ ow don't worry nothing for you to worry about, not that you would” he told the mouse who gave a squeaked and ran off into the hay once again.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:32 am

Khaat got herself coffee and let Angus tell her about Archangel's ordeal. Khaat only knew who it wasn't. It wasn't Escobar. He hadn't known where to find her. He had had to stake out Sparks to find her. But who it was, she had no clue.

"You look almost too calm," Angus observed. "What is it you know?"

"Not much," she said. "Its not Escobar. Under the circumstances, that would be an easy mistake to make. But thats not his style. He views himself as a collector of people and things. He doesn't see himself as vindictive. And, remember, he spends part of his time as a creature of the air. I dont see him attacking a bird because its too close to his own form. And besides al that, he doesn't know where I live. He has no clue where this place is. I never gave him that information. No, this childish crap sounds more like Tom Gelding. It is rather stupid, if you think about it."

"Well, you do have a point there," Angus admitted, tossing her a fresh apple. "Try those. They're really sweet."

"Thanks," she said, catching it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:55 am

Steven finished up in the barn with Archangel and headed back to the main house to find Robert and report but instead he found himself in the kitchen with Khaat and Angus. “ Khaat...” he said standing in the door way. “Um...I spoke to Archangel, he said the man who attacked him had others with him, so its not Escobar.” He said his nervousness wavering the tone in his voice as he spoke. He could not help lick his dry lips as he waited for her to react to his presence in the room. He looked at Angus and moved to get himself a glass of water to ease the heat in his throat. He turned to face Khaat but said nothing he wanted too but thought it best not to bring it up.

He looked into his cup then at Khaat deciding he had to talk to her or risk being unable as Jeffrey had told him, he had to put things right. “ You look well, if still a little tired.“ He said softly and downed a mouth full of water.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 72 of 100 Previous  1 ... 37 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top