Marriage is Murder - Page 73
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 73 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 73 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 pm

"Its not Escobar's way," she said to Steven. "I know him too well. If he'll come, he'll come for me. Directly. I...used to know when he was coming. I don't have that now. This seems to me to be a lot more like Gelding's old crap." Then he mentioned she looked tired.

"I suppose I am a bit," she said. "It was a long couple of nights recently. It may take a day or so to catch up. Between Daddy's being shot with a muggle gun and the kids all getting sick, and my doing my responsibilities and Daddy's, its been busy. Hopefully its going to settle soon."

"The last I knew," Angus said, "You hired an assistant administrator at St. Mungos."

"I did. But there are still Ministry matters that need attended to that won't wait."

"That makes it sound like you're going in to work."

"I can't. Not today. But...I might go in long enough to get some paperwork to bring home."

"Send one of us to your secretary and Robert's. They can send a bag of things home," Angus suggested.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:35 pm

Steven stood listening to her he noted even her voice sounded tired to him. He nodded and sighed at the mention of Gelding. “Thought he would have got the message by now to stay the hell away from you.” He said softly as he sipped his water again. He listened to Angus as he asked Khaat if she was going into work He wanted to tell her not to but he kept quiet as Angus did that in his own subtle way. When Angus suggested sending some one to get her things he stepped forward placing the cup on the side “ I'll do it for you.” He said then paused as if thinking for a second.“ um.. that's if I'm still aloud in your offices and won't set off some sort of security risk alarm?” He sighed as he looked down at where she sat.

He brushed back some of his greying hair as he looked at them both. Taking a deep breath he spoke once more but softer. “ ok, I need to say this Khaat, I'm sorry for what happened between us, you too Angus, I was told I was a right bastard towards every one and I just need to apologize, especially to you Khaat, I only know what happened from what Jeffrey has told me.” He gave a long slow deep sigh as he continued. “ I know inside I don't deserve your trust yet, from you or anyone and I understand and accept that, ok I'll go and get those things now.” He told her feeling now that a weight had lifted from his mind. He knew it would take time for that trust he once had to re-establish but he was willing to wait.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:20 pm

"I understand spells," she said. "I'm doing my best to not prejudge anybody for anything. I accept your apology but the best way for us to move past it is for us to get back to business. And the quicker the better. My secretary can assemble what I need at the Ministry. I'll send a note with you so she knows to give it to you." Angus handed her paper and a pen, and she wrote a hasty note and handed the note to Steven. "That should do it. You won't set alarms off unless you try to go into those areas that are always restricted. My father needs to undo those when he gets back to the office, and I'm sure he will once he gets a chance. Just be sure you don't let any of that paperwork out of your hands because I have no idea what she'll send. I'm not sure how sensitive it might be. And rumors have it that the Death Eaters are starting to kick up again. So we need to be very careful. We don't need that trouble on top of Gelding and Escobar and any other nuts that are out there."

Brian came into the kitchen. "I was just upstairs. The kids are finally hungry. Any chance we can send up some food?"

"Yes," Angus said. "I'm working on a cheese soup. They like that. And they can drink it out of sippy mugs. That and I'll send them some toast points. I'm already working on the soup. Give me a few more minutes."

"That's fine," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Steven breathed out and smiled a little as she said they could just put it behind them and move on. That was what he wanted to do as well. He took the note from Angus and smiled “ sure, nobody will get it and I won't let it out of my sight until I'm back here.” he spoke truthful he knew he would not fail again. Porting to the hospital he paused for a moment then headed up to the offices after handing the secetary the note she dug out an old battered brown lockable bag placing papers and scrolls in she locked it and gave it to him.

“ Khaat knows the combination so don't try and look at anything” she told him and he nodded turning he was about to leave when she stopped him and handed him a box “ cheese cake sparks sent it over “ she told him he peeked inside and nodded seeing it was exactly that and he ported back, right into Cassidy who smiled at him.

“Hey Steven, busy?” she asked and he nodded she glance down and saw the bag “ ah better go and quick. “ she said stepping out of his way as he chuckled. Steven found Khaat and handed her the bag.

“ she said you'd know the combination,“He told her then handed Angus the cheese cake. “Sparks sent it over, new recipe I think”
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:19 pm

"Thank you," Khaat said, taking the bag.

"It is indeed," Angus said. "Lizzie has been working on a cinnamon swirl cheesecake for her fall menu. I can work that in with the dinner menu tonight. Unless you lot object to potroast, caesar salad, and cheesecake."

"Anything you make is fine," Khaat said, watching Angus finish filling the sippy cups with creamy cheddar cheese soup. He had more sippy cups with cold juice and a plate full of toast points with honey butter for the kids. He flicked his wand at the large tureen of soup, the large salad bowl, and the platter of fresh sourdough rolls and sent them to the table, along with bottles of soda.

"Help yourselves," he said. "the table is already set. I'll take lunch up to the kids and I'll be right back."

Khaat was about to speak when the bag accio'd out of her hand and went to her father.

"Hey," she frowned.

"I am not entirely incapacitated," he said. "It gives me something to do. I'll help. But I intend to eat first. I happen to know he added a liberal amount of stout to the soup for flavor. He makes the best cheese soup around."

"I dont' remember making it before" Khaat said.

"That was usually a 'snowed-in-in-Paris' thing," Brian said. "But he's right. Nobody missed cheese soup night. Come eat." They headed to the table for lunch.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:42 am

Steven smiled and shook his head at Angus menu, “Nope, no objections here.“ He told him with a smile, even thought Jeffreys food had been good nothing could compare to Angus's and he moved to help with the tureen, placing it in the centre of the table along with the bread. He watched the bag leave Khaat's hands and was ready to snatching it down when he saw Robert take it from out the air Steven instinctively he stood up right as he saw him. He smiled thinking of Paris and his time training there. He saw Cassidy walk down and over to him holding him close Steven stood with one arm around her holding her back but watching Robert as he spoke of work.

“ I walk the grounds once dinner is over, I kneed to get the lay of the land again , its changed since I was last here.“ he looked down at Cassidy and smiled “Go eat, I'll be there in a bit.” he told her and she moved to sit down. Jess walked down soon after with the kids some walking others being carried by her and Jack.

“We come bearing kids.” Jack said as he chuckled glancing over at Steven. His eyes saying he still hadn't forgiven Steven yet. Jess and Jack sat them at the table in their high chairs and handed each a cup with soup in. Steven looked at them and breathed out as he moved to the main doors and out to walk the grounds before he had dinner.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 pm

Dinner was quiet, and the soup was good. It was served with the rolls and the salad. The kids were eager to get the soup and the toast Angus had made for them. Khaat wasn't very hungry, but she did eat the soup. Angus knew she most likely wouldn't eat well when she was tired. It was just her pattern.

She was hoping the kids were going to be willing to take a nap after lunch, but the food seemed to fuel up their energies. Any other time she would have been glad to see the energy burst, but she felt tired and knew she had to do paperwork at home. Her father looked at her sympathetcally.

"There is enough staff to handle them," he said gently. "You did your share while they slept. We did that deliberately, remember? You want to go to the farm for some peace and quiet while they raise hell?"

"I might," she said.

"I'll go with you and help through the paperwork, if everyone else decides they can handle it."

"I think we do remember," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:39 am

((OOC: 422 Words, hope that's enough Smile ))

Jess and jack chuckled as Jess fed their three, Cassidy did the same and smiled nodding to Robert letting him know they would cover anything that came along while Khaat rested. “ Do you think Khaat going to the farm alone is a good idea?” Jess asked looking at Robert “ what with Escobar and Gelding about and showing there heads again” she said softly as Andrew took some bread dipping it in his cup of soup and sucked hungrily and happily on it. Steven sat with Cassidy one arm around her as they ate as if she was the most precious thing he had in his life along with Khaat and the others and his job.

”Good food Angus, very heart-warming.” He said smiling as he ate more of it and enjoying every bite he took.” Jeffrey was a good cook but nothing homely like this , this is stick to the ribs stuff, good food. ” He smiled and finished his dinner happily. Cassidy fed Fallon who was then soon yawning and rubbing her eyes. Steven stood up and lifted Fallon from the high chair walking with her around the living room floor as he hummed softly to her letting her fall asleep in his arms . To him that was the safest place she and her brother and sister could be, that and with Robert.

Once she was finished eating Cassidy took Fallon and walked her up to the nursery for her nap leaving Steven with Robert and the others. “ If you want, I could go ahead and make sure all is ready for Khaat.” He said thought meaning he'd make sure it was safe and that nether Escobar nor Gelding had found the farm and was laying in wait for her. He didn't want to say so, but he knew Robert or Brian would catch his meaning. Jack finished his food finding Alex some what nodding off where he sat. Standing he too took Andrew up to the nurseries pausing he spoke to Steven “ thought you and I could check out the grounds here a second pair of eyes comes in handy.” he said meaning he wanted to have a quiet talk alone with him.

“If I'm not needed by Robert or Brian, sure.”He told him and glanced at the two men sat still at the table not far from them. He hoped he was not about to get a beating from Jack he still had the scar from the last on he'd had.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:54 am

"Khaat's not going alone," Robert said. "I told her I would go with her. I might be one handed, but I can still wield a wand, and I daresay I can generally take care of her. We have a staff of workers there now to tend the farm, so I feel sure the property is beiing cared for since I've become so busy. I'm sure they will keep the grounds safe, and my house has never ever been breeched. I think it should well be safe enough. But if you lot feel better going and double checking the grounds, by all means, so long as you don't leave the estate here underprotected. The only reason that we're going is because they kids arre distracting us both a bit today. A dozen kids with a fresh burst of energy is a good thing, but its very noisy if one is tired and sleep deprived and trying to work. We just want a couple hours away to get some paperwork done for the good of the Ministry. We surely will be back by dinner time tonight. I was hoping you would stay with Brian and Angus andKate and the kids that long. You still uncomfortable even with her going with me?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:21 pm

Steven looked at Robert and nodded he understood, Jack just shook his head and grabbed Stevens arm, pulling him to the main doors. “Come on Steven, stop putting your foot in your mouth and lets go, Robert go take Khaat and rest.“ Jack said as he left with Steven. Jess chuckled and cleared the table wiping more than a few messy mouths as she did. Cassidy Looked at Khaat and sighed.

“ I'm sure he meant well.“ She said softly as she finished with the last child as Jess gave them the second course of the dinner which they ate again. Jess pored some tea and sipped it slowly as she too ate quietly soon she was finished and cleared her plate and cup. Jack took Steven around the grounds but stopped when he got to a clearing turning he faced him.

“Is it true?” he asked his arms folded across his chest. Steven looked at him puzzled.

“Is what true?” he asked “ Is it true that I don't remember what happened, yes its just a haze, I wasn't myself Jack.” He told him honestly. Jack moved to face him and looked in his eyes then stepped back with a sigh.

“Hum, ok I had to ask Steven you understand” he said Steven chuckled and nodded his head as he lent back on a tree.

“ I'd be insulted if you didn't Jack, so we ok now?” he asked looking at him as he hoped they were he had been friends with Jack since joining.

Jack nodded and spoke softer “ sure can't hold a grudge forever now can I” he said and Steven chuckled shaking his head.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 73 of 100 Previous  1 ... 38 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 86 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top