Marriage is Murder - Page 68
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 68 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 68 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

"Move your bishop," Robert said, turning his page in his book. "You move your bishop, and it puts him in check."

"What if she didn't want help?" Kate asked.

"Can't help it," Robert said. "She can still win it if she doesn't muck it up at the last move."

"What if Jim didn't want you to help?"

"He's a big boy. He can deal with it," Robert shrugged. "Might up his game a bit."

"How can you read and keep an eye on the chessboard at the same time?" Angus asked.

"Multitasking," Robert said. "Besides, its been a pretty conventional game so far. I'm only suggesting she move him a bit out of his comfort zone."

"You enjoy strategy entirely too much," Kate laughed.

"I do," he said, "I do indeed."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Cassidy chuckled and so did Jim " its ok Angus we both don't mind " he told him as Cassidy moved her bishop and Jim groaned a little as he now sat looking at the board to figure out his next move. Jack walked in from out side and chuckled at the sight of Jim deep in thought.

" Oow, she's got you there mate."He said washing his hands in the kitchen sink ridding his hands of the dark soil from the flower beds. " everything looks ok some flowers were blown up but we got them replanted the gardeners say they should flower nest summer." He told Robert walking back into the main room.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:58 pm

"Good," Robert said. He saw Jim was now sufficiently stuck.

"I should go help him," Kate said.

"You stay out of it," Robert looked up at her. "Cassidy is new at it. He isn't. I'm only evening the odds a bit."

"You think?" she asked.

"Go bake some monster cookies."

"Monster cookies? I haven't baked them since the kids were little. And what about Angus's cobbler?"

"Then go make scone dough."

"You just want me to go away," she laughed.

"Did I say that?" he asked.

"Yes. You did," she said.

"Daddy," Khaat said from the doorway. "All the kids have fevers now. All five." Robert frowned.

"Not to worry," he said to her, putting his book aside and getting up. "Better they get it now and get it overwith. Can someone get the potions bottle out again? I'll go up and check the rest of the kids." He went with her upstairs.

"This could well be a very long night," Angus sighed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:31 pm

Jess chuckled softly as she took down the potion bottle from the cupboard once again along with several sippy cups then with several sippy cups in tow now floating behind her she headed up to the nursery. She knew if five had it, they would no dough all have it. Jess smiled warmly at Cassidy as she passed them heading up to the nursery. Walking in she sent each cup with a small amount of potion to each crying child before moving to the closest one touching Fallon's head she drew off some of the fever then moved to Michael and Abby but waited as she looked at Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 pm

It didnt take Robert more than a couple of moments to clarify it. Yes, they all had it. On top of the green itch. And that many miserably itchy kids were no fun whatsoever. It was not what he wanted any young mother to have to face. He knew Khaat would not sleep tonight. She would stay up with the kids and no doubt Brian would too. He knew he himself would not find sleep to be easy. Between his throbbing shoulder and concern for his family, he knew his own insomnia would act up and he wouldn't sleep.

He didn't talk much about his own insomnia. People were merely amazed that he could go forever without much sleep at all. Few knew that it was because he often just could not close his eyes. It was a trade off, he supposed, for always behaving so composed and controlled.

"Khaat and I will stay with the kids tonight," Robert said. "If you all would be so good as to relieve us in the morning. We'll try to reduce their fevers and itching tonight. If we do that, they'll have an overabundance of energy tomorrow. Not sure my shoulder will let me keep up with them tomorrow. I mgiht have to leave that to you all, if you don't mind. Jess, you could work with Brian to handle their medical needs during the day if you have time to recharge."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:18 pm

Jess moved one child to the next settling them down as best she could as one would settle another would wake and fuss. Jess looked over at Robert and smiled " of course we will " she said and looked at Jack stood in the door way.

"Jess and I will take the morning sift and Jim and Cassidy can do the afternoon shift." He said and Cassidy nodded behind him.

“Sure we will we'll all pull time” she said “ um can I swap with Jess I got to go see Steven again tomorrow afternoon” she said to Jack then looked at Jess who smiled and nodded.

“ of course Cassidy, its good to see you visiting him more” Jess told her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:31 pm

Brian didn't question going to bed when he knew Robert was staying with Khaat. He knew his place would be to replace, probably, Robert. He didn't see Khaat leaving her children. He went to bed when the rest of the house settled for the night.

It was a long night for Khaat and Robert. They were relentless at battling the fever of the illnesses with everything they knew. Towards morning, most of them were past the worst of it. Khaat and Robert had spent nearly all their healing energies to do it, though.

Angus brought up a tray of french roast, earlier than usual. Robert was getting a massive migraine. He had been too weak from bloodloss to do his usual job with the kids. Khaat had carried the weight of it. All the kids were significantly better. They still had the rashes but they weren't itching and the fevers were gone. They were all sleeping comfortably finally.

Robert was relleved to see some coffee arrive.

"You are a saint," Robert told him softly

"Would you prefer tea?" he asked.

"No," robert said, glad to see strong coffee. Angus handed a cup to him and one to Khaat.

"Thank you," she yawned.

"You both look like hell," Angus said.

"Thank you," Robert said. "We feel about as good."

"Do you want the dayshift to start sooner? Before breakfast?"

"No," Robert said. "We'll be okay. Just keep the coffee coming. Oh, and you brought the paper. Good. Thank you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:46 pm

Cassidy woke early and dressed walking into the nursery quietly. "Morning" she said softly as she saw the babies sleeping soundly. " long night I take it. "She said as she handed Robert a cup of coffee then one to Khaat. Jack entered not more than five minuets later looking like he was still half asleep but he soon perked up after a cup of coffee. He checked all the babies and was happy to let them sleep.

“ ok so how much sleep did you get if any?” he asked softly knowing by the look on their faces it was not enough.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:34 am

"We got some," Khaat said. Robert didn't reply. At best each of them had slipped of into a doze for perhaps a minute--maybe two. Not much more. In Robert's book, it had hardly been enough for all the work of closing their eyes.

"The kids are better," Robert said. He gave a short report to Cassidy and Jack. "Fevers are entirely gone. Rahes are no longer itchy. They may have redness for another day or so, but they're going to be fine. You'll need to push fluids a bit today. They've put up quite a fight overnight. I expect they may feel hungry when they wake. They're pretty tired. They were edgy when they went to sleep, so I would let them sleep if I were you. And count on a late lunch. Anything they'll eat. Brian is available to help keep an eye on them for their healing needs if they flair up and so is Jess. You should be alright."

"Go get some pain potion for your shoulder," Khaat said to her father, knowing that he might doze off now for awhile.

"I'll go after breakfast," he said to her . "I've been up all night. I'd rather eat first. And you should too.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:36 pm

Cassidy nodded and breathed a sigh of relief at the news " ok, so cool baths to make them fresh or leave them to sleep?" She asked not quite sure if she should wake them or leave them for the day along with seeing the tired look on Roberts face. "Jack and I have it now, why don't you go rest now." She said softly as she moved pull a blanket gently over the sleeping child within one of the cribs. Jack nodded, his arms now folded across his chest as he spoke.

"Yes, why don't both of you go and rest we have it now" He spoke softly so not to wake any of the children that and he knew both being overly tired would not tolerate the sound of raised voices.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 68 of 100 Previous  1 ... 35 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 84 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top