Marriage is Murder - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 15 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:54 pm

"Brian is quite a good diver, actually," Robert said. "He and Angus spent some summers salvage diving after they graduated, didn't you?"

"Oh, part time," Brian said. "Not steady. I just dive for sport now when I get the chance."

"Marriage has somewhat decreased his time for bachelor hobbies," Angus laughed.

"I haven't really missed it," Brian said, shrugging. "Khaat and I swim quite regularly. Almost daily. Its almost better." He wasn't exactly telling the truth. It was better. He hadn't really missed diving when he could swim with her. A moment later, he said softly, "I wish I just knew what was going through her head. Why she needs to be so alone. She hasn't done that in years."

"Well, I think I can answer part of that," Michael said. "I honestly think she just came so close to death that right now, today, she doesn't want anything going through her head. I think she honestly just doesn't want to think about anything."

"Well, that was my impression too," Kate said. "And I think its fine for right now. She'll come out of it if we're patient. If we force her she's going to withdraw and feel like she's more of a burden than she already feels like. I think the trip could be good for her, and I am grateful you all understand she just needs a bit of space. This was not good timing for Steven to come back. She doesn't have any idea what to do with that. None whatsoever."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:04 pm

Jim smiled and looked at Kate as he spoke " Kate, we all know how that feels and jack and I agree, maybe he should have staid away longer , but hes here and nothing we can do about it but keep them apart " he said still smiling at her " Were here to protect her but also we're also her friends as well " he moved to sit back down facing Kate and Robert " some of us know that part of our job is looking after her even if it means trading our life for hers, Brian's , Roberts and your own, ow and Abby as well, in fact, any one who is part of the organization, we both would, gladly" he folded his arms across his chest.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:35 pm

"Well, that is part of the reason I sent him on a mission," Robert said. "He has not truly gotten his head out of his arse. He wants to be independent but he wants to be part of us, and I have no idea how the hell that works. The job is what it is. I can't just invent something that fits what he does or does not want to do. I meant to keep this private, especially in front of Khaat..."

"Tell them," Brian said. "They're going to have to work with him and his rather disconnected thinking. He's acting like an idiot. Still." Brian's anger started to surface. He had tried to be diplomatic, but he could barely tolerate that Steven was back. He'd let it be Robert's choice because he knew he himself could not make an objective decision when it came to him anymore. He got up and went to the kitchen and poured himself a firewhiskey.

"Here, Lad," Michael handed him his own cigarette case and his lighter.

"Thank you," Brian said, going outside with the cigarettes, the lighter and his glass. Robert proceeded to tell them about Steven's ridiculousness in going offgrid to chase werewolves undercover because he didn't like Robert's choices about dealing with James. He had believed he knew better than Robert. He had developed werewolf contacts that he now wanted Robert to make use of. He had not wanted to return as a bodyguard. He wanted Robert to find some use for him so he could actually do whatever the hell he wanted to do and get paid for it. And--then, as if to add insult to injury, he'd complicated his own stupidity by having Cassidy and the kids tattoo'ed on his shoulder while he wanted to remain under cover--not thinking that by doing that, he might as well have sent all the damned werewolves to his own house to kill them all.

Then Robert said, "Steven isn't going to like it, but I sent an owl last night to Owens. I told him to take Cassidy and the kids to Brian's for her protection. I don't trust that Steven hasn't compromised the safety of his family already, and he has no access there. I did have to tell Owens the truth. I don't know how Cassidy feels but she surely can't stay at Steven's alone with the kids. Any damned werewolf could enter there due to his stupidity and slaughter them all and no one would ever know. I won't have her and her kids victimized because he's being so entirely selfish."

"Robert," Edward said, "Its not my place, so please take this as its intended. But..perhaps he needs to spend some time with Jeffrey and Sarah to get his brains sorted. This isn't like him. And I dont' know that you're going to truly be able to trust him until he starts to make some sort of sense, are you?"

"I don't know that he'd go unless I bloody paid him to do it."

"You're already supporting his wife and kids," Brian snipped from the balcony, angry. "Because nobody knew where the hell he was or if he even intended to stay with her. You didn't have to continue giving her the same pay as the both of them earned while they were together, but I know you never cut it. You just put it in an account under her name that he could not access. And you're meeting her expenses and you hired farm hands to work his farm and paid for them. "

"She's working," Robert shrugged. "We wouldn't be able to go if she and Jess weren't seeing to the kids and the estate."

"Not the point!" Brian exploded.

"Smoke your cigarette," Robert sighed, wanting Brian to chill just a bit.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Both Jack and Jim listened both agreeing Steven was an ass and this was so sudden even they could not understand why he'd done it the way he had. " I agree he should see Jeffery he might be able to get his head on straight again , but as for us trusting him I wouldn't again. " Jim said and sighed rubbing the bridge of his nose as Robert told them of Stevens stupidity in the tattoo. He shook his head.

" Hay, Cassidy is doing her best its like shes single all over again because he went on his glory hunt."Jack said now feeling some what angry. " her and my Jess are looking after the estate and from what she's told me its running fine, ow don't worry, I don't tell her things about the mission's, just that I'm fine, I do it after every mission once its quiet to reassure her, with a seer as a wife its difficult to hide anything from her." Jack said " but if need be Jess and I will look after Cassidy" he added he heard Brian and nodded " I agree with Brian" were his final words as he sat back in his chair.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:57 pm

"Jack," Robert said, "Would you mind taking a pop home to be sure that Cassidy and the kids got there alright? Double check the protections, and make sure there isn't anything she needs. I dont' know if she's had contact with him yet or not, but if she wants to take him back and is alright with all of these things that we believe are stupid, then maybe you and Jess can get her to leave her kids at Brian's if she decides to go follow whatever lunacy he's doing.

"Jim," he said, thinking about it harder now. "Since we are in northern Italy, Jeffrey's places is just a wee short hop. Would you mind going and talking with him and telling him what we know? If Jefrrey thinks he can help, I am quite sure he will come back with you. I pay him a hearty retainer to make sure everyone in the organization is functioning well."

He saw Brian tapping his glass lightly on the stone railing of the balcony. It was a subconscious tick Brian seemed to be developing out of frustration and anxiety and anger. Brian was used to working off those sorts of issues, and this time, his anger was bigger than what he could work off. He could almost hear Brian's thoughts. Brian was skeptical of Robert's real motives. Was Steven the only person he was bringing Jeffrey to see or not?

"Stop it, Brian," Robert said in a commanding tone. Brian stopped the tapping behavior. "Twit! That's not what I mean. You can grind the bottom clear out of that glass if you want. Stop thinking I"m bringing him here for her. I have no intention of that. She has a right to be hurt and afraid, and you have a right to be pissed off. I'm worried about the weirdness I can't explain. Jim--go now before Brian grinds all our glassware back into sand."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Jim listened as Robert asked Jack to return to the estate and check on cassidy. Jack nodded and stood up and paused listening to him again before he ported away, reappearing he smiled seeing Jess walking up to her he slipped his arms around her and kissed her gently. " Jack what you doing back " she asked as she turned and kissed him back " missed you" she said as two of their children ran in shouting for their father and he held each one.

" I'm here on command of Robert he wants me to speak to Cassidy to find out if shes back with Steven" he said Jess chuckled and shook her head gently.

" she hasn't and she won't , that mans got a lot to answer for" she said " he caught her out shopping and spoke to her she slapped him and told him to sort his priorities out then she would see about taking him back" she said smiling. Jim heard Robert and nodded as he stood up slowly. He looked out at Brian and chuckled.

" of course I'll go right now" he said and ported out, reappearing in the front area of Jeffery's safe haven , he took a moment to take a deep breath and relax for a moment then he went to find him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:24 pm

"Make your arrangements for the sea trip, Angus," Robert said. "Money is no object. Plan for a night or two for us, and then I will leave it up to Brian as to whether he and Khaat stay overnight or not. Please put Abbey's bed in my quarters with Kate. I think Mama and Daddy need some down time."

"Are you sure? I could keep her with me," Angus said. "The captains' quarters are right behind the wheel house and there is always someone on duty there. She'd be supervised around the clock."

"Either way," Robert said. "Oh, and I know Brian has been thinking of moving her to a toddler bed from her crib."

"She does appear to be old enough now. She is well behaved, even at night. Shall I look for a toddler bed for her?"

"Yes please. We can always adapt it to a crib if we need to," Robert said.

"Consider it done. Any special requests for food?"

"No, just so its 5 star," Robert said.

"It will be. So, two days, you think?"

"I need to check on Khaat first to be sure. Kate noticed some rather ugly bruises and werewolf claw marks on Khaat's back that I somehow missed. I need to check them first. Then I can give you a better idea. But..today is Sunday. So, if we give her two more days, that would mean we would tentatively consider sailing Weds. sometime."

"That helps. I'll get on it at once."

"I'll help you," Edward said, getting up to go help Angus make all the arrangments for one of the finest cruises theyd ever done.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Jack smiled and nodded as he then went to check with Cassidy. She was out in the garden's tending to some apple trees she saw Jack coming and smiled " hay whats up? " she asked Jack took her to one side and walked as he spoke to her about Steven. Cassidy made it clear to him she would not take Steven back until he sorted his mind out and decided what he wanted. satisfied Jack headed back to the main house passing the play area where he saw cassidy's children playing with his own and it made him swell with pride. Moving to Jess inside he kissed her and spoke again. "ok I got to get back to Robert " he held her and then stepped back porting back to the hotel letting out a deep sigh as he reappeared and walked over to Robert. " I spoke to Cassidy herself she isn't prepared to take him back until you say he has his head on right again " Jack said " Jess said the gardens are wonderful the apple trees are blossoming so should have a good crop" he smiled at that thought. Jim returned with Jeffery at his side.

" Robert were here " he said softly as ht lead Jeffery into the main living room.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:06 pm

"Thank you for coming, Jeffrey," Robert said. "Let's go talk, shall we?" He took Jeffrey into the other suite and talked with him at length. He briefed him on Steven's actions and behaviors and how it had drastically affected Khaat and Brian, not to mention the rest of them. He told Jeffrey honestly how there was no evidence that in all that time had Steven thought about his wife or children but had been simply acting on his own because he believed he knew better. In Robert's judgement, he could have understood it more if it had been Jack or Brian because they had a vested interest in catching James. James was actually non of Steven's business except for his bodyguarding duties. Robert had made it clear that the team was to stick together, not matter what,, and Jeffrey already knew Robert's expectations of loyalty and trust.

"Do you want me to talk to Khaat and Brian and Cassidy at some point?" Jeffrey asked. "It sounds like their stress levels are a bit escalated."

"Not yet," Robert said. "They wouldn't be escalated if Steven weren't being such a prick."

"And what about her near death business?"

"Not yet," Robert said. "She's not medically stable. Thats a big part of it. You worry about Steven." He wrote down the address and handed it to Jeffrey.

"He's staying with Daniella's aurors in the main Rome ministry headquarters, then?" Jeffrey asked.

"Yes," Robert said. "Go see him and then either report back, please, or send me word."

"Not a problem. And if he resists me or refuses?"

"Then he can be a whole lot more independent than he already is right now," Robert said. "If he can't remember that I need to know hes dutyfit, then he can continue to do his private investigations and hope that he makes enough money to support himself doing it."

"I understand," Jeffrey said. They were interrupted by the patter of little feet running. Abbey was wide awake and running into the room. Brian had chosen a white gauze summer dress for Abbey in a tunic style that was loose and comfortable. It had 3/4 sleeves and little shiny beads on the neckline and around the sleeves. She was barefooted and her long blond hair hung naturally down her back.

"Papa!" she called, running in and reaching for him. Abbey always made Robert smile. He reached down and picked her up and put her on his lap.

"Yours?" Jeffrey asked.

"Khaat's firstborn child," Robert said. "Abbey, this is Jeffrey. Jeffrey, this is Abbey."

"Hi!" Abbey said cheerfully.

"Nice to meet you, Abbey," Jeffrey couldn't help but smile at her contageous beaming smile. "Robert, she is adorable. She is just gorgeous."

"I think so too. Thank you," he said.

"Papa, no find teddy," she sounded frustrated.

"Teddy?" he frowned. "What teddy?"

"Daddy give me teddy. Teddy gone."

"Where'd he go?" Robert asked. Abbey just shrugged. He kissed her. "We'll find him. What did he look like?" Abbey looked around and saw an ocean blue vase on the table.

"He like that!" she said.

"Okay. We'll find him. Jeffrey, do you have what you need?"

"I do. You have a missing persons case, it seems," Jeffrey laughed.

"I do, and its very important," Robert said.

"I'll be going then," Jeffrey stood. "i'll let you know as soon as I know." He apparated out. Robert picked up Abbey and carried her back in.

"Alright, you lot. All hands on deck. We have a missing teddy, and the lady would like him back," Robert smiled at Abbey, who nodded enthusiastically.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Jack and Jim chuckled and began hunting for the teddy Jack searched the kitchen while Jim searched the laundry room but found nothing moving to the bedroom Jack looked under the bed and smiled as he saw a flash of blue , getting down he crawled under the bed just as Jim walked in " hum never thought I'd see you under abed Jack" he said and Jack jumped hitting his head.

" ouch !" he said and crawled back out teddy clutched in one hand and his other rubbing a bump he had " mission accomplished , one Teddy found" he said and Jim chuckled as Jack moved to the living room and Robert who still held Abby. " he was hiding under the bed " he said and pulled the teddy out from behind his back and gave it to her as he smiled he was happy to see her happy again.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top