Marriage is Murder - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 9 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:11 pm

"Display them. Like this." He started a circle with a slice of tomato, sprinkled very lightly with salt and pepper, a slice of mozzarella sprinkled lightly with salt and pepper, and then a large fresh, crisp basil leaf. "Like that and repeat it all the way round the plate. Then smaller circles until you reach the center of the plate. Go easy on the salt and pepper. Use a very light touch so it doesnt get over powering. Then when its all done, sprinkle just a light drizzle of the extra virgin olive oil and maybe add the very top of a stalk of basil in the cener as a garnish. It really isn't hard. Italian food is built all around very fresh ingredients prepared simply. Thats' the whole secret to it. French food is sometimes very difficult and complicated. This is just the opposite. Simple and delicious."

"Robert!" Kate's voice came from the other suite. She didn't sound entirely happy. He and Brian got up and headed quickly over to the hotel room. Kate came in carrying a little yellow labrador puppy. Robert frowned.

"Miss Abbey," he sighed. "How the devil did you get into Grandma's suitcase?" The puppy barked and began to wag its tail, seeing Robert and bounced in Kate's arms enough to lick his face. The puppy wagged its tail so hard, Kate almost dropped her. Robert took her in his arms, and the puppy began relentlessly licking his face nonstop. Brian sighed. He didn't like his daughter apparating all over the world without anyone's knowledge.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Jack nodded to Angus and started to arrange it as he'd told him the delicate task was a bit fiddly seeing he had big fingers but he managed it, his face was contorted with his tongue stuck out as he tried to make it perfect.He heard Kate call and with a sprinkling of pepper and several basil leaves he dove out of the kitchen he could not help but chuckle seeing Abby. " wow baby on board for sure" he said and Jim poked him watching Abby kissing her father.

" Might be good for Khaat to see her, and for her to see Khaat , but I'd say she's got her fathers tenacity. " He said quietly to Robert. " will you send her back or let her stay , I'm one for voting to let her stay at least for a day or two" he said stepping back.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:28 pm

"Brian?" Robert asked. "You're the dad. Its your call."

Brian had to admit he had missed her. He took Abbey from Robert, and Abbey began licking Brian's face jus as excitedly.

"Oh what am I going to do with you? And why are you all animagus?" he asked.

"She knows how to become a labrador--sort of. But she has no idea how to get back," Robert laughed. "I keep hoping she'll just change back but she never does."

"I have nothing here for her," Brian said, worried.

"Why don't you just send an owl to Irena and let her send you some things?" Robert asked. "I think there is a little toy shop next door. I bet if you ask, she'll pickk you up anything you need or want for her."

"Good idea," Brian said, putting the puppy on the floor. It went scampering over to Enzo's bowls and began eating some of his kibbles. "Oh, really?" Brian sighed. "Didn't you get fed at home?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Jim smiled and moved back to sit at his desk " I wonder how Enzo is going to react when hes back to having Abby in her puppy form around" he said softly Jack smiled and moved back to the kitchen to finish what Angus had asked him to do.

"there finished that Angus now what?" he asked and smiled at him. " I think it would be good having Abby here " he said washing his hands again. He lent on the counter watching as Angus continued to cook. " Looks good " He watched Abby trot over to the bowls and he chuckled " hum I wonder how long until she turns back, or if she can?" he chuckled at Brian's words
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:46 pm

"I know Khaat misses her," Brian said. "She misses them all. Alright. I'll send to Irena and Tobias. I hope Khaat doesn't worry that she stowed away in Kate's bag. I wonder what posessed her." Abbey saw Kate go back into the other suite and followed her. A moment later, she came back dragging a warm, rose colored knit shawl that belonged to Khaat. The shawl was bigger than Abbey was, and the little puppy had a hard time dragging in the shawl, stumbling over it as she dragged it back.

"Well, there's your answer," Robert laughed. "The shawl had Mama's scent. She missed her mama." About that time, Edward came back with Enzo. Enzo simply cocked his head to the side, curious. Abbey crouched, not knowing the bigger dog and not liking him. She was posessive of the shawl. She spun around in a circle, walking on the shawl and laid down on it, growling at Enzo.

"Oh, she does not want to share," Angus laughed. "That's a first. She usually does share."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:53 pm

Jim smiled at Abby then at Enzo as he walked in and cocked his head to one side. " she's protective of her mother , that's what she isn't sharing" he said softly and smiled at her. Jack staid busy in the kitchen with Angus " at least that's what I think it is " he looked at Michael and moved to sit in the comfortable chair beside the now cold fire. He picked up his cup and sipped the warm liquid as he watched Enzo and Abby " hum wonder what he will do now?" Jim asked watching them closely it was interesting and he wanted to know what Enzo would do.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Enzo gave Abbey some nonthreatening, play signals and calmly walked over and took an end of the shawl and tugged on it. Abbey immediately got up and grabbed a mouthful of the shawl and began to tug on it from the other end, growling. Enzo seemed to ignore the growling and kept tugging gently on it. Abbey began to get the idea that it could be a game. Her anger need to be posessive of the shawl began to change and she began to enjoy it as a game.

"Problem solved," Robert said.

"They're going to destroy one of her favorite shawls," Kate sighed.

"No they won't, "Robert said. "Nothing we can't fix with a simple reparo. And if it brings Khaat a smile, then it was worth the price of a stowaway and a shawl."

"Where the devil is she going to sleep?" Kate asked.

"With her parents, of course," Brian said. "She can sleep in between us in our bed. Not a problem." Angus returned to his cooking and put the lamb in the oven and finished preparing his potatoes and put them in the oven. He put the caprese in the refrigerator to chill and prepared the filling for the tiramisu. "If you want to impress Jess, you'll learn how to assemble this dessert, Jack," Angus said. "How about one of you finding a chair from the breakfast bar in the other suite and making it into a high chair for her?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Jim heard Angus and nodded he chuckled at Abby and Enzo's playing taking a chair he waved his hand and changed it into a pink high chair with a puppy on the back of it. Jack moved to watch Angus and smiled.

" teach away Angus " he said and made mental notes " she always asking me to do more cooking for her , might do a nice romantic dinner for the two of us one night " he said and smiled as he saw all the ingredients laid out on the counter " looks complicated " he said accioing some soda for him to drink while he watched.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:28 pm

"Nah," Angus said. "Look. I"ve already made espresso. And I've made the custard. Neither of those are hard. Take the espresso and mix in a bit of amaretto in it, simply for the taste, and then soak the cookies in it. Not too long. You don't want them to be mushy. Then you layer them. Like this. Cover the bottom of the dish with them. You do it. Then pour the custard over top and sprinkle with the the shavings of dark chocolate I made. Once you do all that, cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to chill. No baking required. It looks far harder than it really is, and its a sure way to warm up Khaat's heart. I have some fresh raspberries that we can add some sugar to and let them maserate in order to bring out their sweetness. They'll be great drizzled over the top.

When Abbey tired, Enzo decided enough was enough. He laid his big form down on top of the shawl, and when Abbey saw she couldn't get it out from under him, she curled up tight against Enzo and rested her little puppy head on his big paw. He licked her as she closed her eyes.

"Now where is a camera when you need one?" Angus laughed.

Michael had let Khaat have a good cry, and he had simply held her. He got her to finally talk about how deeply hurt she had been by Steven and how it had truly made her feel that she wasn't anything but a burden to any of them. She had tried repeatedly to get that thought out of her mind, but when she had known she was going to die at the fashion show, a part of her had truly welcomed it in order that the people she loved might be free of being bothered anymore with her and the problems that had followed her. She told Michael honestly that she had willed her spirit to separate from her body, willed herself to die, to end it for them all, and that she had not willingly come back. That Remus had shoved her back across the veil in order to save Robert's life. It had been the only reason she had come back at all. And now Steven was back. She was back. And she didn't know why. She was having a hard time finding a reason to still be here. She felt like a failure for not knowing how to cross quickly enough that her father could not bring her back.

"If I were a seer," Michael sighed, "if I had a way to talk to Remus, maybe I'd have a way to help you get the answers from him. It doesnt sound to me that this was your fault for not dying quick enough. I don't think that is the issue. I don't have the answers you need, but I don't believe for one minute that everyone else is so bloody miserable because you're still breathing. I don't think everyone feels the way Steven said he felt. I have no idea why he even thought it, much less said it. I have no clue. But I do know this. I know how very much you are loved. And I do know that I can't imagine a world without you in it." He kissed her forehead.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Jack watched and copied Angus making a second smaller tiramisu that he could put together himself , he watched and copied Angus every step even down to pouring the custard over top and sprinkle with the shavings of dark chocolate he stood back and smiled " there hows that?" he asked " it was easy " he said proud he'd actually made something not just Jess liked but something for Khaat too. " hope Khaat likes it " he said and looked at Angus. Hearing Angus he looked and smiled accioing quickly his wizards camera and he snapped off a shot. " I know just the thing for this " he said and placed the camera down to wash his hands again then he picked up the camera " be right back there's a small shop just around the corner that sells picture frames there's one that's perfect, I know she'll just love it" he said and headed out the door. Jim just chuckled and shook his head.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top