Marriage is Murder - Page 14
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 14 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:48 am

"Not a problem," Angus said. He took out several cloves of garlic, the fresh olive oil, the fresh pasta, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper. He put on a large kettle of pasta water with plenty of sea salt in it. He chopped the parsley finely and he decided to mince the garlic. When the water came to a boil, he added the fresh pasta to it. He heated olive oil in a saute pan and when it was hot, he added the garlic and the salt and pepper and sauteed the garlic just until it was hot and had flavored the oil but not so much that it burned. He drained the pasta and added it to his saute pan and tossed it all together so that it all blended.

"Don't try that tossing business when you want to impress Jess until you've practiced it," Michael laughed. "It isn't hard, but you do have to get the wrist motion right or you'll toss the pasta all over the kitchen." He finished his vanilla hazelnut creme and poured it over individual bowls of berries and sprinkled some bits of chopped hazelnuts to garnish.

Angus plated up the fresh pasta dish and sent the plates to the table while Michael sent out the berries and set out a pitcher of fresh iced tea, with milk for Abbey

"Come and eat," Michael called them.

Abbey heard the call for lunch and she scowled at Brian and looked at the last half of her pink marshmallow bunny.

"You'll like it," he smiled, just loving having her around. "They made noodles."

"Noo noo's?" she asked, her eyes growing wide.

"Yeah," he said. "You can have the rest of the bunny later. I promise." Angus came over to them with a bowl that he'd cast a spell on so that it wouldn't stick to the plastic.

"You want to put your bunny in here so you can have it later?" he asked her. She eyed him suspiciously.
"I won't throw it out. I promise." She reluctantly put the bunny in the dish.

Robert went to the bedroom and called Khaat. "Come and eat something, Sweetheart." She didn't protest. She just went. She complied more because she wanted Abbey to eat and not see her mother resisting. Brian carried Abbey to the table and put her in the conjured high chair and Angus wiped her hands and face so she wouldn't be sticky. Khaat simply joined the others at the table, on one side of Abbey and Brian sat on the other side of her. the others filled in wherever they felt like sitting.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23620
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:07 am

Jack watched Angus and chuckled as Michael told him to practice the salad toss before doing it for Jess " wow yea don't need that " he said and chuckled as he watched Angus dish up the food. He moved to the table and sat down waiting for the others he saw the tired look on Khaats face and he sighed. Jim moved to the table and sat watching he chuckled at Abby and how she acted towards having to place the bunny down in the dish.

" Abby Angus won't do that if he says he won't then he won't " he said poring a glass of ice tea for himself, Brian and Khaat knowing they would need it.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:36 am

Lunch was delicious. Robert saw that, even though Khaat wasnt' eating much, she clearly was trying. He saw she was tiring. She was overdoing. Flat out.

"Honey," he said gently, looking at her. "I know Abbey has missed you. Why don't you let Brian do the running after Abbey, and you spend just some quiet time with her? She needs her nap after lunch, but she's not going to be comfortable here in a strange place. You know, she'd be far more comfortable if you were the one who took her for her nap, maybe just layed down with her and told her a story."

"Okay," Khaat said, not giving any thought to whether or not her father had any ulterior motives to it. Brian knew that for Khaat to miss it, she was just too tired to care. He decided not to bring it up to her. Abbey eagerly finished her pasta and her berries. She ate her berries with her fingers, dripping cream and not caring. Robert just smiled, glad to be around his granddaughter again. He didn't care if she got messy. She was eating and enjoying it. And it was all very washable. When Abbey was done eating, she looked at Brian.

"Down, Daddy," she said.

"All done?" he asked.

"All done," she showed him her clean plate.

"Good girl," he smiled. He enjoyed not having any food throwing. And another part of him missed it.

"I'll get her," Khaat said, getting up.

"No, its no problem," Brian said, not believing she was able to carry Abbey anymore. He got up and lifted her out of the high chair and put her on the floor. "Let's go clean you up and get you out of your swimsuit while Mama finds you a storybook, okay?" Abbey nodded and went with Brian into the bedroom. Khaat followed quietly.

"Robert," Kate said, when they'd gone, "you do need to check Khaat again. Grayback got her more than we thought. Her back is covered with serious bruises and what I think are most likely some awful looking clawmarks."

"How the devil did I miss that? And how did Brian?" Robert frowned deeply.

"I dont' know, but you need to check it as soon as possible."

"Were they bleeding?"

"Not now," she said. "But it has to be painful."

"I'll do that. Thank you, Kate. Let's not worry. Clawings are not as dangerous as bites. If there is some reason to worry, I'll let you know. But that could be part of her fatigue as well. The wounds and the additional pain. I'll see to it as soon as I can. I think right now she really needs to sleep."

About fifteen minutes later, Brian came out alone.

"Well?" Robert asked.

"Abbey and Khaat are sound asleep. Abbey is curled up tight to Khaat, in her arms. I just put a blanket over them and let them sleep. Khaat didn't even finish the story enough for Abbey to go to sleep. I had to pick up where she left off until Abbey went to sleep."

"Good," Robert said. "Its the best thing for them right now."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Jim helped clear the table as Brian and Khaat took Abby for her nap " the food was delicious Angus" he said as he placed the plates in the sink and returned for the last few that were left. " well anyone up for tea or coffee ?" he said as he sat back at the table. Jack finished his food and took his plate through returning with a tray of tea and coffee cups a tea pot and a coffee pot floated behind him and he set them down.

" for any one who wants one" he smiled and nodded and Brian told them both were sleeping " you knew she would sleep didn't you Robert " he said.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:09 pm

"No thank you," Brian said. "I'm full from lunch."

"I did know," Robert admitted. "She was really at the end of her energies. I had to give her more just for her to go with her mother this morning. She was running out quickly. She's done well, despite all that's happened to her. I am surprised she did this well. I didn't figure she'd be out of bed. If we'd been home, there is an excellent chance I might have had to keep her at St. Mungos, perhaps even in intensive care beause of how weak she is. At least for the first 24 hours or so."

"Did she lose much blood?" Kate asked.

"No. Not that I saw, "Robert said. "But her overall health has been declining for awhile to begin with. This just didn't help her. The best thing for her now is rest, a steady diet of sound nutrition, and a great deal of stress relief. It would be nice if she could actually have some fun."

"I really would like to do some of that," Brian said, wanting the lead in taking care of his wife.

"As well you should," Robert agreed. "Let us jump the biggest of the medical issues first and then I will have no problem letting you do that."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Jim smiled and nodded as he sat close by and listened " Fun, I think we all can use some fun after what has happened " he said and popped a sweetie in his mouth " Yuck, wallpaper paste. " He said and heard Jack chuckle at his misfortune to have the bad taste sweet he had. Jack pored a coffee for himself and sat down quietly.

" ok so how can we organize a fun day out for every one?" he asked as he blew over the top of his cup and looked at Robert,Brian and Kate.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:25 pm

"Well, if we do it any time soon, it needs to be very mindful of the fact that Khaat is exceptionally physically limited right now," Robert said. "And that makes her not feel very social. Its not against any of us. Its totally about her and the fact that she has a great deal on her mind that she hasn't put to rest."

"Might I suggest that you let our family host yours on the new luxury yacht that our family has for hire? We aren't booked every day, and it is so far and beyond what we used to own that perhaps a day trip on the mediterranean might just be the ticket? It truly is 5 star luxury now. And if you all want to extend it and stay overnight, there would be enough sleeping accomodations to do that," Angus said.

"She would truly like that," Brian smiled.

"It ought to be interesting with a two year old," Robert laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Jack and Jim smiled " that sounds perfect Angus " Jim said " is fishing permitted off the boat, oops yacht i mean" he said smiling , jack looked at Angus and nodded he too looked forward to the trip now.

" yes, I didn't catch one last time, hope I do this time" he said smiling at them his mind was on what fish he would catch and having fun now. " this sounds like fun , could we stop in a sheltered cove and swim too?" he asked " Abby might like that seeing she loves water"
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:52 pm

"We could, but the ship is considerably larger, and it can't go into water that is as shallow as we could go with the other ship," Angus said. "You could take the dinghy to more shallow water to swim, and we do that for clients when they want to swim, but most of them prefer to do deep sea diving or just swimming off the side of the ship. And yes, fishing is allowed, but certain spots are better than others."

"I have heard it is a beautiful ship,' Robert smiled.

"It is," Edward said. "We made a huge investment when we bought that, but, I am a bit of a gambling man. And if one is not prepared to take some risks, then the returns, often times, are not so great. So far, we're doing very well with it. It might take us awhile to get running in the black with it, but if we keep it steadily booked then we should do well within a couple of years, I would think."

"Brian?" Robert asked. "What do you think?" Brian and Robert were a bit concerned with the same thing. Khaat had an unusual need to be alone right now. They hadnt seen the ship and they didn't want her feeling any more closed in than necesssary.

"The ship is actually bigger than these two hotel suites," Angus said, sensing their tensions. "And the open sky and open water does give more of a feeling of solitude. It might be a welcome change. You can always call it off and come back to the hotel if she doesnt' handle it well but i think she'l be alright. Perhaps you just try it for one day and not neceesarily make it a guarantee that you'll stay overnight."

"That makes more sense," Kate said. "If everyone decides to stay overnight, fine. If Khaat and Brian decide to come back and enjoy this beautiful suite alone, then they're welcome to do it, That would be just as good for them."

"I would suggest we make sure she can at least regain some of her strength before we do this," Robert said.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:33 pm

Jim smiled and looked at Jack who also was smiling at them as well bot now loving the idea of fishing again. Jack looked surprised at the deep sea diving " you can do that?" he asked " that's something I want to do" Jack said and Jim shook his head in disbelief. Jim moved to the balcony and looked back at them.

" Kate's right, we should give Khaat at least today and tomorrow to rest up and regain some strength " he said softly. " Jack and I will keep ourselves scarce as we can on the yacht but still be close by so she won't feel as if were there on purpose" he hoped something he'd said made some sort of sense.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 100 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top