Marriage is Murder - Page 9
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 9 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 9 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by James Cummings Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:05 pm

James looked at Jack and saw him take the small vile from his pocket and down a dose he nodded his approval and moved forward with Robert he caught sight of the mutilated body and picked up a blanket placing it over her gently. As he looked he noticed large paw prints all around the destroyed camp. Jack coughed slightly at the strength of the small of blood but the wolfsbane held and he looked around.

" he did this as a warning, this is all anger " he said looking around the trashed camp " there's nothing she could have had he wanted, we didn't know her " Jack looked at Robert and nodded " he wished he didn't share the same DNA with James but fate had dictated he did even though everything else he was was nothing like James nor would it be ever. " this is too close to the house Robert" he said looking worried at him.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 750

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:54 pm

OOC: Where'd he get the blanket? just curious.

"I know," Robert said. "I see that. It makes sense that its why Khaat was so frantic, even with her fever and her magic all buggered that she felt so desperate to get out of the house and run. She probably either saw the murder or saw the result of it. One or the other. And here's the other thing. Look at her hair. It's Khaat' color. And she is almost Khaat's height. She's not as slender as Khaat is, but I think she was picked out deliberately because of how much like Khaat she looks. And he may be trying to tell us that if he can kill a woman who looks like her, only a bit larger, then he will have no trouble taking out my daughter.

"I have to alert the muggle prime minister. Its protocol. Move nothing, but don't leave her either. I will have to allow their liason to come here and be witness to our processing of the crime scene. I would guess that James is long gone and the danger, for the moment, is past. This is a tease. On purpose. I'll go send for the muggle liason and return in a few minutes. Touch nothing. But don't allow anyone else to touch it either if you don't have to."

He apparated back to the house and alerted those in the house of their findings. Then he ported to London, to the home of the prime minister to confer with him and start the process. If things went well, he would return to Jim and Jack within mere minutes.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:09 pm

OOC: on the ground she would have had at least one blanket on in her bag.

Jim stood looking around and nodded his wand at the ready " I had noted that Robert seems hes venting his anger on poor women who look like Khaat because he can't get to the real thing" he said Jack sniffed the air and huffed loudly as he turned to face both of them.

"No fresh scent, only old faint ones " he said as he too stood ready for action his eyes now scanning the woods around him he kept his back to Jim as did Jim " don't worry just do what you have to " he said Jim nodded he agreed Jack could tell Jim had hunted close by he smelt several says old deer blood in the wind and he stood waiting along with Jim " I hope James doesn't come back" Jack said Jim sighed and continued his duty of watching the forest around them.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:20 pm

OOC: *frowns* what? why would a muggle teen have had a blanket in her bag? most teenagers do not carry blankets in their purses. i'll let it go, but that makes no sense. it would ahve made more sense if he'd have conjured it. btw, i'm making up the name of the muggle PM for 2025.

Brian came outside to check on the crime scene himself. It was perfectly morbid and gruesome. And he understood why Khaat was so upset. It wasn't pretty. Robert came back with the muggle prime minister.

"David," Robert said. "My son in law Brian Quinn, and my two of my daughter's bodyguards, Jim Cummings and Jack Black Heart. Gentlemen, the muggle prime minister, David Elliot."

"Good evening, Gentlemen," David said, greeting them somberly. "Robert, I dont know how you get used to apparating. It turns my stomach."

"It turns a lot of our stomachs too until we get used to it," Robert laughed.

"So--where are we, exactly?"

"My daughter's estate," Robert said. "Unplottable ground even for wizards."

"If its unplottable, then how the devil do you find it? And how did James find it?" David began to look over the crim scene.

"I was the one who 'unplotted' it," Robert laughed. "But I think James has managed to penetrate my unplottable charm somehow."

"He has to die, Robert," David said after a moment. "No choice. He has to be taken out. Him and anyone with him."

"Agreed," Robert said. "It isn't a good thing when he strikes against our people, but when he strikes against muggles, he's gone too far. I'll issue adeath warrant for him within the hour."

"Do it now," David insisted. "I am quite sure your bodyguards would extend some courtesy to look out for me for that long."

"If they don't, they know what I'll turn them into," Robert said, looking at Jim and Jack sternly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Jack looked as Robert, Brian and one other returned Jim looked at the man and smiled " Minister " he said and continued to look around the area Jack stood looking at the man he was not quite what he expected smaller than he was.

" yes sir " Jack said to Robert and staid close to Jim not quiet sure how to act in front of the muggle minister with him being, a were and all. He moved closer to Jim and whispered softly to him " better not mention James was my brother then" he said and Jim turned to look at him.

" No jack not a good idea at all not unless you want him coming down on you like a ton of bricks " he said and glanced at Robert.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:02 pm

"He knows," David said, overhearing them and preferring they talk to him and not about him. "Don't follow in his footsteps and we wont have a problem. If Robert trusts you, then I have no reason not to--until you give me a reason."

He and Brian went through the girl's purse and her pockets and looked for anything that might give them a clue. When they got to her identification and David read it, he sighed heavily.

"This is the daughter of one of my cabinet members," he said. "She ran away from home just after Christmas. Her parents suspected she had gone to London to try to make it on her own. She was just 15 in November. Her father had said she often passed for being older than she really was."

"Shall I notify her parents for you, Minister?" Brian offered.

"No thank you," David said. "I'll take care of that. We'll have to tell them she was in a car accident. We need something that justifies them not seeing her but that does not add to their grief by letting them know how she died. They do not need to know how frightening and painful her last moments were. I'd like to spare them that."

"Agreed," Brian said. A moment later, Robert returned.

"Warrant issued. Jack and Jim will help you to move her for you. You know how this is done," he said, looking at them. "You cannot be seen doing magic. Feel free to use magic, but do not be seen. Any questions?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:17 pm

Jack turned to face David " um no never happen sir " he said and took out his vile" Robert made sure of that with this, and this" he tapped his ring finger to show he was married "I have too much to lose " he said and looked down at the covered girl as Robert spoke of her name and age and David spoke more about her. "she was still a child , an innocent" he said and looked at Robert. Jim looked at him and nudged him.

" work now " he said in a tone reserved for rookies and jack shook himself back to reality, knowing he only meant well.

" yes Jim and no sir" he said and found a black body bag he levitated her into it and zipped it up while Jim cleaned up the scene.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:23 pm

"Brian," Robert said, "Go send to Paris. Get a detail here now. I want the grounds searched--in pairs. We need to be sure we're safe. Make sure those who are with us are covering the house completely. We don't need any mistakes."

"Agreed," Brian said. He gave David a respectful nod and then apparated back to the house.

"Go take care of your family, Robert," David said.

"No," Robert said. "I have people doing that. I'll stay here until my other men from Paris arrive."

"I'll send these two back to you as soon as I can" David said. "I trust one of them can apparate in a way that doesn't turn my stomach completely upside down?"

"I dont' know," Robert laughed. "Depends on how strong your stomach is. But if you get sick, it won't last long."

"How do you work as a healer? Your bedside manner stinks," David laughed.

"Only with friends," Robert laughed. "Next time, we'll meet under better circumstances."

"Well, its your turn to buy the pints," David said.

"With pleasure," Robert agreed. "Take good care of him, Jim and Jack. You'd all best be going."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James Cummings Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Jim and jack aperated back to the main house and both sat down quiet.Cassidy walked over and held Jack since Jess couldn't " I'm guessing you found something really bad by the look on your faces" she said and stepped back all Jim did was move to his chair and reheat his tea and sit down.

" All in the job Cassidy " he said softly and drank it Jack nodded and breathed out.

" yeah not good, young girl about 15 " he said and she gasped he took her hand and chuckled " Roberts got it in hand " she nodded and headed to the nursery again smiling as she saw Steven talking out side with three other men he seem to be telling them where they needed to be.
James Cummings
James Cummings
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:11 pm

When Robert got back to the house and saw Jack and Jim already back, he frowned.

"How did the two of you get back so fast? I thought you two were going to take David and the body back to Whitehall so he could begin to process his part of this murder," Robert said. "How did you do that so fast?" His first concern was that perhaps David was still standing outside by himself on wizard ground with a murderous werewolf on the loose and a dead body at David's feet. He wasn't going to jump to conclusions, though. And if they hadn't finished the job correctly, he was going to send Brian out to finish it. The muggle prime minister deserved better attention than that.

And furthermore, he wanted to go up and check on Khaat. After all, it had been her dream that had helped them find it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 100 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 54 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top