Marriage is Murder - Page 66
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 66 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 66 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu May 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Jess stepped back as she felt his anger rush at her but she stood her ground " its alright I already asked for the barrier to include Steven so he could not get back in, cassidy is well aware of his ...juvenile behavior and is staying " she said softly she heard Robert say he'd brought more men in and nodded " good and I agree, cassidy wanted you to put him in one of your bug jars." she said giving a soft chuckle. Cassidy moved to continue the scrambled eggs now needing something to do. she finished them off and placed them with the others just as Jim came in and moved her to hold her.

" you have my sympathies" he said softly cassidy nodded and gave a deep sigh" we are all here to take care of you and the kids till he comes around" he said and moved back from her looking at Angus. " breakfast smells good " he complimented him.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 31, 2012 10:28 pm

"Should be ready as soon as the eggs are done," Angus smiled. "Oh, dang. I havent even thought of setting the table yet. Perhaps we should just serve things buffet style off Kate's sideboard and let everyone help themselves. " He was about to ask about flavors of jellies and jams when he heard apparating--lots of it. He drew his wand and apparated out into the yard, ready to stand toe to toe with whoever was out there.

"Hey!" Owens frowned. "You forget who the hell we are, Mate? Would you care to lower your wand? We come in peace."

"Sorry," Angus said, lowering his wand.

"Did you think you'd take all of us?" Owens asked. "Really?"

"I was gonna try," Angus admitted.

"Idiot," Owens headslapped him. "So one of your first stringers went rogue, huh? Happens. Sorry to hear it. We're here to help. I've got 6 here. Robert thought 2 could handle his place, and he was hoping four could do the work at Brians, with the additional crops and orchards and new livestock."

"Yeah, but can they fire a wand?" Angus asked.

"Brian trained every one of them. We've just moved some of the faces around because of the new Colorado location. They're alright, Mate."

"Yeah, well, thats' what I thought about Steven. Have you all eaten?"

"Yes. And we're ready to work."

"I'll send Robert out."

"No offense, but I think we can find our way around a barn. You lot have your breakfast first."

"Thanks. Oh, and go easy on Robert when he does come out, huh?"

"Did you find Khaat?"

"Well, yeah. Sorta. Tremaine has her--somewhere or another."

"Ah. Okay. So Robert's a bit testy."

"No. He's livid. Keep your distance."

"Aye aye, Sir," Owens gave him a mock salute and went with the 6 men he'd brought off to see what work Robert's farm needed. Angus returned to the house.

"God, I didn't realize I was that edgy myself," Angus said. "Maybe we ought to put some firewhiskey in those eggs."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 pm

Cassidy looked at Owens an growled " HAY! he might be rouge but hes still my husband " she said walking over to him " so watch what you say " she stood toe to toe her anger at Steven now on Owens. Jess left Robert closing the door behind her as she headed back to the kitchen to hear the comment about fire whiskey.

"If I did that it would taint the eggs , and you'd be no good for the rest of the day " she said smiling at Jim , she took cassidy buy the hand and lead her back to the stove " stirr those and leave the man alone hes not your husband " she said then walked back to Owens " good to see you again Owens " she said smilig as Jack walked in and grinned.

" Owens , what brought you here , no don't let me guess , Brian and Khaat leaving and Steven being fired right?" he asked " saw some of the men you brought they work fast " he picked up a cup of coffee.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 pm

"Robert's orders," Owen said. " Hello, Jess. 'Morning, Jack. Robert asked us if we would help pick up the farm tasks because one of you lot was on his way out this morning."

He didn't say more. The fact was that the men he brought were unquestioningly loyal to Robert. And, Owens didn't like the tone that the little tart had just taken with him. Husband or not, it took a lot for Robert Lupin to fire anybody. Especially one he had taken into his inner circle. Owens knew that, to the Lupins, it was tantamount to betrayal. Owens said nothing, but he made a mental note. The wife of the rogue was not a woman he planned to trust. His loyalty was to Robert. Hers did appear to be divided. And anyone that hurt Robert or any of his family in any way was no longer any friend of his. Period.

"If you'll excuse me, Jack. I think I need to make a master list of daily tasks and some of the larger ones that we need to do that perhaps Robert hasnt had time to get to. Watch yourself, Mate. Looks like the war in the Lupin house isn't quite over yet. I'd learn how to duck if I were you." Owens turned and went to the barn with the rest of the crew.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu May 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Jess sighed and shook hr head gently as she flicked her hand making the table lay its self for the others if they wished to eat before starting their duties. Jack nodded to Owens as he watched him leave " ok mate " he said and Jack took some coffee and drank it while Jess took some tea and drank it sitting at the table.

" I didn't realize just how much this hand affected Robert he snapped at me before , he did say sorry " she said and sighed " we all need to tighten up " she said and Jim agreed , cassidy continued to make scrambled egg for those who asked for it til she had fed all the new guys and they had left for their respective jobs.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:31 am

Kate sat down at the table and tried to make everything look as normal as possible. She addressed the others. "Robert will come around," she said quietly. "He's just walked the road to hell and back again with her. Places that I would have gladly gone with him. But I'm not a healer." She got very quiet. "I could not follow where he had to go." She paused and then said "GIve him space until he hears from Michael."

But she was not the only one who knew the workings of Robert's mind and his heart. Michael and Brian did too. They knew they had to send word to him. Soon. They were debating on what to say when they both heard Khaat wake to darkness. She woke with a sharp little cry, disoriented, frightened, not knowing where she was. Both men got to their feet and headed for the bedroom. By the time Brian got there, Enzo had pushed his face tight to her, to get her attention, to orient her.

"Thank you, Enzo," Brian said. "Let me help." He went over to her. He gave her a hug and kissed her cheek. She was upset, frustrated, hurt, angry. And all his words to the contrary had been no assurance to her. She knew what she knew, and all he had were assumptions that felt like empty words and nothing more.

MIchael opened the floo to Robert's study. "Ozzy, I need you to get that portkey Brian gave you at Christmas. I need you to use it. I need you to come." Robert didn't need to know more. He opened the desk drawer, got out the key to the Venetian hotel. He put on his gray suitcoat and picked up his wand, took the portkey and ported out. He arrived beside the hotel, ran up the sidewalk, into the hotel, and up the stairs like a man posessed. He was ready to blow the door open with the palm of his hand, but Michael opened the door.

At the instant that Robert ported out, Kate felt suddenly startled and alone. She spun and knocked over her tea mug, spilling her tea. "He's...gone. He..he left," she said softly, noticing his energies were gone.

"She's safe," Michael immediately reassured him. Robert heard her little tiny frightened voice in the bedroom. He walked, without a word, straight from the doorway to the bedroom. rain saw Robert and allowed him to come between them.

"Khaat," he said softly.

"Daddy?" her voice sounded so small and lost. He wrapped her tight into his chest like he would never ever let her go. He felt her cave into sobs, and he sighed with deep relief. As much as he hated for her to hurt, he was far more glad that she was still alive for him to receive her sobs.

And at the table, Kate suddenly felt her own seers energies kick in without her permission, and she felt her own tears. She hid her face, not knowing why they were there.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Jess felt him leave too and stood up moving to Kate " its ok I felt Michael earlier he's gone to him" she said softly her voice never changing as she placed her hand on Kate's shoulder gently. Jess could feel her worry and smiled gently " he'll be fine." she said and sat back down " now let get back to breakfast and sorting out the debris from the storm" she said . Jack nodded and lent forward as he spoke.

"The west fence is down and the barn door took a battering, it knocked lose a hinge, I'll get on that " he said and looked at Jim who sat back in his chair.

"I'll look around for markers maybe, Blood might have used the storm to place more" he said and lit up his pipe " I hope no one minds me smoking its the only vice I have these days" he said and smiled.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm

"Do what you think is best, everyone," Kate said. She didn't have her mind on the farm, and she didn't care if Jim smoked cartons of cigarettes. She wiped the tears off her face, not sure what, in her seers' energies had caused them. Angus picked up a towel and picked up the cup and wiped up the spill.

"Your energies are working a little overtime today. Is that your energy or Khaats?" he asked.

"I'm not sure," she said softly.

"I'll get you more tea," he smiled, resting his hand on her shoulder supportively for a moment. He refilled her mug and put the towel aside and rejoined them at the table.

Within the hour, Brian had helped Khaat get a shower and helped her pick clothes from the new things Michael had bought. She'd chosen a simple little pair of denim shorts and a form fitting white v necked henley, plain gold hoop earrings, and some dressy white flipflops. Although Brian could see her thinning form, he had to admit, he did like the tiny little shorts that showed off her long legs and how the clothes fit her figure. He was never ashamed to have her on his arm. Ever. He had always felt she outshined him even when she wasn't trying. At her request, he helped her with a glamour spell to help her feel better.

Robert had drawn off the claw marks from Khaat's face. He did not insist that she rebandage her eyes. He found Michael's friends had included some very stylish sunglasses. He merely darkened the lenses to protect her eyes from sudden bright light and handed them to her. She didn't mind them nearly so much as the bandages. Robert hadn't talked with her. All he'd done was comfort her, stop the tears and get her up and moving again. He insisted that she eat, and he shared in the ample breakfast Michael had bought to make sure she did.

"You're going to need some wizard cash and muggle money, " Robert said to Brian.

"Hadn't thought about that yet," Brian confessed.

"Why don't you let me cover that for a few days?" Michael asked. "I at least have my ID's with me."

"Hadnt thought of those either," Brian sighed. Actually, they didn't exist anymore. They'd been either burned up or sunk in the sea.

"I can cover that too," Michael said, "But I need to go out."

"Looks like Enzo needs to go out too," Robert laughed gently. "Why dont' you go out on a walk with Michael and Enzo, Khaat? It would do you good. I'll wait til you get back before I go home."

"Good idea," Michael picked up on the look in Robert's face that he wanted a moment with Brian. Michael simply decided to not take no for an answer. He didn't have to work hard to talk her into going with him. Once she and Michael had gone, Robert looked at Brian.

"We need to update each other," Robert said to him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:52 pm

Jess signed and looked at Kate she had used a small napkin to stop the spillage dripping to the floor and was glad when Angus wiped it with a tea towel. she moved back and smiled at Jim she found his smoke rather soothing and relaxing. " yes it doesn't bother me at all" she smiled at him and he gave another slow puff the smoke forming a ring that floated up to the roof above him.

" ok then" he said and looked at Kate " just let me know if it does. " he said closing his eyes as he puffed away thinking on the pass days events. After a moment he stood up " be right back " he said and headed to the back door and out side his eyes focused on searching for any markers.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:41 pm

"I fired Steven. I had no choice. He left and didn't come back. He stormed off believing we were treating him like nothing more than a farmhand and he didn't return," Robert said.

"Then don't bring him back," Brian said. "So that's what she was talking about. She kept muttering something about Steven. And something about betrayal. About not wanting to be around any of us anymore. I haven't seen her like that for...a long time. She was almost out of her head."

"Where did you find her?" Robert asked.

"She just kept apparating for awhile. Running. I felt like I was two steps behind her. When I caught up with her, she was wet and muddy and sitting at Remus's gravestone, yanking out the weeds that she could feel with her hands. She was pulling them up with her bare hands and saying some rubbish about needing to find him."

"She was giving up," Robert sighed.

"Apparently. She surely didn't want me to find her. She wasn't happy about that. When she heard me, she got frightened, and started to try to claw off the bandages on her eyes."

"You should have just let her take them off. Not that it would do her much good."

"She got them off by herself before I could stop her. She won't let me put them back on."

"Its okay."

"She just wasn't listening. I wasnt' getting anywherre. Then Michael arrived. I don't know why she listened to him and not to me. I mean, what did I do wrong?"

"What did he do differently?" Robert asked, not believing Brian had done anything wrong.

"He just sort of commanded her to stop. He took her from me,wrapped himself around her and just...made her stop."

"I think that was because she was running from all of us that she lives with on a daily basis. It sounds like you didn't do anything wrong. Michael doesn't live with her. She sees him as more neutral. And it sounded like it just happened to work out. "

"I dont think she had any idea where she was when we brought her here, but when we got here, it all just sort of stopped and she got just silent."

"Because she got what she needed--she got out. She feels safe here with you two, clearly. "

"What do I do? I'm useless to her."

"No, you're not. I have some ideas."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 66 of 100 Previous  1 ... 34 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 83 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top