Marriage is Murder - Page 15
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 15 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 15 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 am

"Are we out for speed or endurance?" Brian asked Robert.

"Both," Robert said. "See how long you can go at your top speed."

"Alright. And I"m bettin you a cup of kate's cocoa that I"ll win."

"How is that a bet? You dont have to do anything."

"Well, then? Steaks?"

"No. Pay up with enough to pay for a romantic candlelight dinner for the winner with their wife and you've got a deal."

"Deal," Brian said. "I'm going to enjoy taking Khaat out."

"You wish," Robert said, deciding to leave Brian in the dust by turning on a better pace to increase his speed but not so much that he couldn't apply some decent endurance.

"Hey!" Brian shouted. "Not fair!" He sped up to catch him.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 am

Jack saw Brian and Robert head out and took off matching their pace. Steven rolled his eyes and ran after them all matching Robert in pace but he knew his endurance would fail after a mile not like jack's who seemed endless thanks to his wear side kicking in. Both ran side by side each not giving in one inch but they staid close to Robert and Brian in case they were needed at any moment . Both men felt the warmth of there muscles as they ran together they both fond their steps matching and both smiled turning to look at where they were going and Brian and Robert in front of them both.

" looks like were cooking those stakes " Steven said as he ran Jack nodded then shrugged.

" are you that worried?" he asked and saw Steven shake his head and laugh out loud.

" not really it will be good to get out the old recipe again" he said and continued to run.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:22 am

"Should we spot them a few paces?" Brian laughed, looking at Robert.

"Absolutely not," Robert said. "My age is all the spotting I'm giving them. They need to keep up or Lee will kick their asses." He called back to Steven and Jack. "Hey, Lee is a top notch runner. You need to practice keeping up tonight or he'll make you look ridiculous in the morning."

"Not a chance," Brian said. "I've seen him run. I've got his style figured out. We can take him."

"Are you going to share your secrets?"

"And how exactly will I win if I do that?" Brian frowned.

"By doing it honestly?"

"I'm not cheating," Brian insisted. "I just have him figured out, thats all."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Steven laughed and took a deep breath in pushing himself that little bit further he knew he was no where close to his limit but he also knew Brian was right and he drew level with Robert Jack running at his side as he chuckled " Lee won't know what hit him tomorrow " Steven said and smiled seeing Jack smile along with him . As he ran he could feel the crisp air on his face willing him to run faster , he felt now he knew how Jack felt when he was out side in the fresh air Steven focused on his running keeping level with Robert as he ran and smiling over at him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:20 pm

Brian was amazed at how long and hard Robert could run for his age. But Brian had a feeling that part of it was that he was driven. Robert needed this. He didn't easily even show he was stressed. But Brian could feel his stress tonight. And Robert was just going to work at burning it off. It passed through his mind that at the rate he was running, Robert might well run all night before he felt better.

Brain was surprised that he actually, after quite awhile, felt himself starting to tire a bit, and before Robert showed any signs of slowing down or wearing down. He was sensing that Robert was being driven by anger and frustration that Brian himself did not have tonight. Robert took notice of the fatigue that was mounting on the younger men, and he finally started to slow his stride and eventually brought it to a walk not far from the house.

"Alright," Robert said. "You boys have had enough. If I wear you out tonight, then none of you will run with me in the morning. Personally, I intend to go grab a couple of shortbread cookies and a glass of brandy and sit with a good book in front of the fire." Brian understood what he was staying. Robert didn't feel like sleeping. And there was a chance he might not sleep all night tonight. But that was just Robert's way. And Brian had learned to accept it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:15 am

Steven and Jack slowed to a crawl walking next to Brian , Steven felt his legs become wobbly as he slowed beside Jack. Though he noticed that Jack was barely breathing hard but put it down to his wear side and smiled as together they walked over to Brian. " ok so who gets to make the stakes ?" he said and chuckled " or shall we save that for tomorrow " he said looking at jack who shrugged and looked at Brian and Robert he smiled hearing Robert say he'd curl up in front of the fire with a shortbread cookie,a glass of brandy and a good book.

" sounds a good idea Robert " Jack said and smiled.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:31 am

"Tomorrow," Brian said. "We could hope that either Angus or Lee lose. We know Angus makes a good steak. And I hear that Lee has some sort of a cajun dry rub for steaks that he won't share but is absolutely awesome. If we work this right, we can get some cajun blackened steaks. I like blackened fish, but I don't knwo if Ive had cajun blackened steak. And, Angus would get the night off, along with the breakfast. Come to think about it, it would be nice if we gave him lunch off too."

"Order from Lizzie" Robert told him. "Its a good idea. Have her send you a chef's sampling from her winter menu. Tell Angus we need to check on the quality of the food in Sparks. He wont know you're working to give him the day off from the kitchen, and I"m sure he'd appreciate it."

"I think that sounds like a good idea." They got back to the house, An Robert found that Angus had dipped most of the shortbread cookies in either dark or milk chocolate and then added nuts or sprinkles or crushed up toffee bars, or any number of decorations, taking ordinary shortbread to gourmet levels.

"You always know how to spoil us, don't you?" Brian laughed, getting out the bottle of brandy and a number of glasses.

"If you think this is good, wait until you try my new shortbread recipes--whenever I get around to making them."

"What's wrong with now?" Brian asked, watching Angus fashion together a cookie platter.

"When you get done with these I'll make you more. When have I ever left you shy of cookies? Don't be taking that brandy without pouring me some, Brian,"

"You've got it," Brian said, pouring Angus a brandy. "Who else?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:47 am

Steven chuckled at Brian suggestion and nodded his head " yes that's a great Idea " he said and smiled " Angus does work hard and deserves an evening off , I wonder what happened to that girl he was seeing? "he asked " he never mentions her anymore" he looked at Jack who shrugged.

" I don't know I haven't heard about her since the islands " he said walking with them back to the house and inside where he made himself some hot chocolate to go with some cookies witch he grinned at Angus " um I love your cookies " he said and heard Steven chuckle behind him.

" ow when don't you so far there's nothing that you don't like, I'll make a batch of my special sauce for some time in case by any fluke I lose tomorrow " he said looking at Robert and Brian.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:28 pm

"Well," Brian said, taking a sip of brandy, "you know, we could run a cooking contest. We could let Angus and Khaat judge--since he's the chef and she's the restaurant owner. And the rest of us could each come up with something and then just take our chances.. If you're brave enough."

"You do that and we'll get a dozen ways to fix toast," Kate said, coming into the room and pouring herself a brandy.

"Now, wait a minute," Brian frowned. "Who do you think did most of the cooking when Khaat was working 3 jobs?"

"Lizzie?" Kate asked, giving him a phony innocent look.

"Very funny, Kate," Brian said. "Most of us cook rather well. Except Robert."

"What?" Robert looked up. "How'd I get into this? I'll have you know I make better fish and chips than Kate does."

"Well," Kate admited, "That is true. I can't make them like he can."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Steven laughed " well Jack would be good as judge as hes the cookie monster " he said and jack chuckled and shrugged as she smiled at the thought of all those cookies. "but it does sound a good idea though" he said and drank his coffee. Jack sat down and listened along with Steven they had to admit it sounded a good idea and sat waiting when they mentioned Robert both looked at him and smiled. " I like fish and chips , are you a traditional batter man or this new tempura batter stuff?" he asked then thought more about it " god that's made me hungry for fish and chips now" he said and heard Steven chuckle beside him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 100 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 57 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top