Marriage is Murder - Page 35
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 35 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 35 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 35 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Steven and Jack both stood up as a strange man walked over to them they moved in front of both Brian and Khaat but on hearing who they were jack and Steven backed away and stood listening to him Steven glanced over at the woman who they had been told was Lee's wife. " I don't blame you Brian she's not bad" he said and was smacked by Cassidy " erm..but not my type " he said and chuckled softly and gulped knowing she would get him back for it. Jack looked over and then back at Forester.

" Brian she does need rest and her potion " he whispered to him " it won't harm her to rest Jess and I can stay here and watch Robert.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Foster opened the door to a beautifully enchanted room. It looked a lot like home. Dark paneling, Beautiful deep burgundy leather furniture, stained glass lighting and much larger on the inside than it was on the outside. Enough seating for everyone and then some. Tapestry carpets. And standing in the corner, near a side board was a perfectly uniformed butler. It felt like home. It was the first relief Khaat had felt since she left England. As much as she hated England right now, she missed it too.

"Will this do?" Foster asked.

"Yes," Brian said. "Very thoughtful of you. Thank you." He lowed Khaat onto the sofa.

"Paul is your butler. He is actually a properly trained butler from England who works for us. Do not mistake him, though. He is one of the fastest men with a wand I have ever met. He'll be happy to serve you while you're here on the base. He's at your beck and call 24 hours a day. Paul, this is the Minister's family."

"I presumed so," Paul said. "There is a proper tea ready for you on the sideboard whenever you'd like. I'll be happy to serve you."

"Preparing it was enough. We can help ourselves to a sideboard," Brian said. "Thank you."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Steven chuckled and walked over to it pouring two cups he walked back to Khaat and Brian " here , smells wonderful " he said and walked back for two more one for him and one for Cassidy sitting he took a sip and sighed feeling himself relax on the leather couch with Cassidy.

" its good tea thank you Paul "Cassidy said sipping her own tea " Khaat how you feeling now?" she asked her leaning back against Steven a little she could hear the voices out side and sighed.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:38 pm

"Better," she said very quietly, staring into her tea.

"Drink that," Brian said, "Before it gets cold. It will taste far better if you drink it while its hot." She finished it quickly without any sort of pause. Brian took the cup away from her. He gave her the tea without the potion now. Just for her to enjoy. It wasnt her father's tea, but it was good. At least as good as she presumed American's had.

She was feeling exhausted. She leaned her head back and closed her eyes and fell asleep. Brian checked her. He couldn't help himself.

"If I might say," Paul said. "Perhaps I can help. My uncle was a powerful potionsmaster. Perhaps you've heard of him. He taught at Hogwarts. His name was Slughorn."

"What?" Brian frowned, hearing that legendary name again. It stopped him in his tracks.

"Allow me. Perhaps I can help a bit. First..." He drew a beautiful dark cherry wand and flicked it and a caramel colored throw flew out of one of the cabinets in the sideboard and covered Khaat very gracefully. He made a pot of a special tea and handed it to Brian. "The original recipe for Seer's tea. She is a Seer, isn't she?"

"How do you know?" Brian asked.

"She has the energy of a seer. Its very fragile at the moment, but she is a seer. I don't know how you lot got that lousy recipe the Leaky has, but its not the original recipe. Have her try this one instead. Your energy potion will help, but this will help her right at the heart of the matter."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Jess looked at the door and stood up. " I'll be back " she said and and saw jack nod as she walked over entering she smiled at Paul " you have to give Robert that recipe Paul, Jacks watching everything and every one, hes better than ten normal men" she said kneeling beside Khaat she touched her gently, then moved for some tea for herself. Turning to face him she smiled " you have grown Paul " she said smiling at him "you don't remember me but I do you " she smiled again " potions 101 behind my shop till it was close down" she said hoping to jog his memory.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:16 pm

"Of course I remember," Paul said. "I knew you when I saw you get out of the car. It wasn't my place to say, though. I'm just a butler here. I know my place." He finished making the tea. "there. It just needs to steep awhile now. It will be ready in a moment. I learned the tea from my uncle. I have learned a few potions since then. Your seer has depleted herself dangerously low. But then, you know that. Am I fair in saying that your...circumstances...are what's keeping her out of St. Mungos?"

"No," Brian said. "Not exactly." He picked up a piece of chocolate fudge off the sideboard and ate it. "She's not there because I choose for her not to be there. She needs her family. She needs rest. We're going to take care of her at home as best we can. Even if we were at home and not in exile, we'd certainly not be looking at that."

"My apologies," Paul said.

"It wasn't a reprimand," Brian said. "Just an answer to your question." At that moment, Khaat woke with a hard jolt. Brian turned and went back to her. He sat with her quickly and took her hand. "Focus," he said to her. "You're not there. You're with me. He's not here." He paused to let her look around and get her bearings "You're safe," he said. "Here. A different forumula for seer's tea." She sipped at it, putting a hand to her forhead quickly.

"The dizziness will pass," Paul said. "Its your system adjusting."

"Damn," she said very softly. "That packs a punch."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Jess nodded " you might be a butler now, but you were a really good student Paul " she said then saw Brian as Paul spoke she smiled watching Brian with Khaat Steven moved to get Cassidy another cup of tea. " that's an understatement some big idiot of a wear thought he could use her as leverage, he failed " she said and saw Jack stood in the doorway.

" yeah, he was my brother " he said and moved back to his set out side with a cup that Jess had given him to watch Robert and Kate walking. He looked around the room seeing only sad faces it hurt to know it was his brother that had brought so much pain to those people.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:32 pm

"Stop it, Jack," Khaat said softly. "Your brain is shouting. Its giving me a headache. You didn't do this. You aren't any part of this. Your real family stood against him," She wanted to remind him that blood wasn't as important as where his heart was. "James was after me."

"Oh," Paul said quietly. "So its him you're after." Brian picked up on the clear look of recognition in Paul's eyes.

"You know of him?"

"Of him?" Paul laughed bitterly. "You could say that. If you'll excuse me one moment. I do believe Lee asked that we provide you a plate of sandwiches. I'll go get them." He stepped out through a door made to look like part of the wall panelling.

"Jack, Steven," Brian said, catching the doorway. "Your wands. I'm going to see what the devil he knows."

"Or who the devil he knows," Khaat muttered as Brian disappeared through the closing passage.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Steven followed him as Jack drew there wands and stood with Khaat and the others. Steven followed behind Brain waiting for any sigh that something was not right. Jess looked at Jack who looked at Khaat. " Khaat your right, I keep slipping back I really should not do that. " he said softly but he stood with his wand out watching where Brian and Steven had gone Cassidy stood with her wand watching the main door but also out into the main building hoping Kate would pick up something was not right. Jess gave Khaat a fresh cup of tea and sat with her.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:56 pm

Brian slipped off for a private word with Paul. It didn't take more than a moment, but he wasn't surprised to see steven in the hallway.

"Paul is coming with the sandwiches in a moment. I just wanted to find out what he knows. He's coming over to the house later this evening to meet with Robert and me--at my request," Brian said. "I don't know if I want Jack involved in this or not. Not yet. I just don't know. I know I shouldn't try to protect him, but he's my friend. Just like the rest of you are. And I definitely dont' want Khaat involved. I'm hoping she'll be in bed and asleep first. She's tired enough that it won't take much to get her to go to sleep. But Paul does have information on James that might be important."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 67 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top