Marriage is Murder - Page 36
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 36 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 36 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 36 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:09 pm

Steven listened and looked at Paul " forgive me if I'm weary of you now Paul " he said and crossed his arms " information or not he should have told us earlier or at least Lee, as for Jack I agree with what ever your decision hes not coping well at all seeing all those men upstairs " he said and looked form Brian back to Paul " yes it was his brother who killed them, but he's not nor has ever been ever like him " he said and stepped back his arms crossed across his chest.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:18 pm

"What on earth are you talking about?" Brian frowned. "Lee does know. Are you presuming he didn't? Why do you think Lee's guard was so heavy? Paul has been completely honest with his boss and even if he weren't its really not our business. We're supposed to be doing our best to protect ourselves. What the devil is the matter with you, Steven? Its not like you to question my authority or Robert's. Paul has valuable information for me, and I want it. Trying to isolate and intimidate an ally and a relative of one of our greatest potions masters isn't helping. And besides, as I recall, I left you and Jack to guard my family. When did you start disobeying my orders? Or dont you trust me anymore either?"

Brian left Steven standing in the passage way alone while Paul was in the kitchen. Khaat perked up when she felt Brian's anger. She didnt know what had happened, but he was truly ticked. His thoughts were running much too quickly for her powers to catch, but it surely was loud and chaotic in his brain at the moment. She decided to sip on the tea Paul had made.

Then her father came in. "What happened in here?" he frowned. "Your mother said there was trouble."

"I met Paul," Brian said.

"Yes," Robert said. "Lee told me he'd be here today. What's the problem?"

"None whatsoever," Brian said curtly. "You have this, Robert? I need some air."

"By all means," Robert said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:25 pm

Steven listened to him rant at him as he stood in the hall way. " Well forgive me for wanting to back you up and jack has it in head along with Cassidy. " he said and watched him leave. Steven walked back into the room and out into the main area but he stood beside the door his arms folded across his chest. Cassidy stood up and frowned looking from Khaat to Jess and back.

" what the hell happened down there?" she asked not going out to Steven but sitting down next to Jess who sighed hoping both men would cool it down.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Khaat pulled herself up to her feet to go find Brian.

"Oh no you don't," Robert said to her. "You're not able. I'll go."

"I'll be alright," she said. She left the office on her own and found Brian taking a walk down the tarmack, alng side the many parked cars. When he saw her he sighed. "I'm sorry. You shouldn't be out here. You're not up to it."

"I"m alright," she said. "What happened?"

"Steven didn't trust me," Brian said. "I thought we were all closer than that."

"What?" she frowned.

"Never mind. My staff, my problem."

"Brian, talk to me."

"No," he said. "Ive got it. Come on back and sit down." He apparated back the flask of firewhiskey and took and drank a shot of it for himself."

"Brian, this isnt' your fault," she said.

"Its not yours either," he said, a sharp edge to his words. She just looked at him. "I'm sorry," he softened. She took the flask and took a swig for herself.

"What does Paul know?" she asked.

"Not here. Later. Back at our quarters. But it was a secret Paul didnt have to even admit he had a clue about. Paul's paid enough for that so called 'greater good.' "

"Hey," she frowned. "Isn't that what you and I believe in too?"

"At the moment, it sort of looks like the greater good is just a death sentence."

"Brian," she said lovingly, kissing him softly. "You're hurting, and I dont know why, but dont make any decisions right now, huh? This is stuff you usually give to my father."

"And he's too busy for me today."

"He is never, never too busy for you," she frowned, her words firm now. He sighed heavily and said softly

"He is today. And its okay. I can deal with it." He opened the cigarette case and pulled one out and lit it.

"Firewhiskey and cigarettes? You are stressed," she said.

"I'll live," he brushed it off. "Go sit. Or I'll worry more. I'll be in, in a minute."

"Promise?"

"Yeah."

"I love you, Brian Quinn," she reminded him.

"I know," he sighed. "I love you too. I think you're crazy for even giving a damn, but I love you too." She went back inside.

"Well?" her father asked.

"I didn't get anywhere," she said.

"Well, thats no news flash," he said dryly. "I didn't expect you to. Come sit." He handed her a fresh cup of tea just as Lee came in.

"The memorial is about to begin. We need you all back in the hangar. Where the heck is Brian?"

"Cigarette break," Robert said.

"I'll get him. You bunch get organized."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:57 pm

Jess shook her head and jack did the same as they both looked at Khaat walking out to find Brian. Jack moved to Steven and pulled him into the room closing the door behind them both. |" ok what the hell is wrong with you and Brian?" He asked standing in front of the door.

" nothing...ok I went to back him up since we've been having all this trouble and he bite my head off because I told Paul he should have told Lee what information he had so lee could have told us, rather than Brian having to go threw him , risking bringing some one else to the safe house" he said jack rubbed his for head and paced.

" ok enough of this, I have known Brian longer than you and I know he would not bring some one in when Khaat is so low you of all people being an ex ranger should know this, get your head back on the ground and out of this wedding right her and now your at a memorial so get with the program " he said he took a deep breath looking at Jess she nodded at him " if any one should be jumpy its Brian and myself now lay off and do as he says" Jack looked at Robert " sorry sir I had to get that out " he said and moved to Jess she smiled at him and held him close. It was then Jess saw Brian come back.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:09 pm

"We're going to do this memorial service right now," Robert ordered fiercely. "Whatever happened we will work out later. Afterwards. Not one more word about it until we're back in our quarters. Now, paste an appropriate expression on your faces and then lets go. If any one of you can't do that, then go back to the quarters right now. Am I making myself VERY clear?" His tone was fierce. Commanding, completely unyielding.

Khaat stood back up when Brian came in, setting her tea aside. She walked to him and he met her halfway.

"Khaat, you and Brian follow Kate and me. When we go out of this room, I expect one of you to walk beside me on my right and one on Kate's left. The same with Khaat and Brian. We need to do this right. Formation is important. Divide yourselves and get ready to fall into position. They need to know from your formation who you are and what role you play in this. Angus, you follow behind Khaat and Brian. Cassidy, you walk beside Kate. Jess, you walk beside Brian. Steven, you walk beside Lee, who will be on my right and Jack, you walk beside Khaat. I want them to know exactly who you are. If you lot think you can manage that for one more hour. Wands in your holsters. No show of aggression here. Respect only. You all can draw quickly if you need to . Put them in your pockets. If you have any questions, ask them now."

"We're ready," Brian said.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:14 pm

Steven felt like he wanted to punch a bag but he just balled his fists and nodded " yes sir " he said falling in to his position his want in his leg holster and unhooked ready for trouble if it came . Jack rolled his eyes and moved beside Kate nodding to Jess who smiled as she walked to her position beside Brian cassidy looked at Lee then at Steven who she felt she would slap later for how he was acting " ok were ready " she said and moved with them all out into the main area.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:32 pm

Robert walked out the door and waited. Kate took her place beside him and the others fell instantly into formation as he had dictated.

"Forward," he ordered very quietly. "Respectful, whether you like it or not. One toe out of line and you're in one of my bug jars, I don't care who you are." He walked forward and led their little delegation forward and to the guest seats they had in the front row of the officials section in the hangar. "Sit," he ordered with an almost silent but severe barking. They obeyed him like a litter of puppies. Kate sait silently, dutifully holding Robert's hand as the memorial service progressed.

They opened with prayers and hymn, the reading of the list of the dead. A eulogy by a pastor. Lee introduced Robert who delivered a memorial speech of his own, and Lee delivered a eulogy from his role as their direct supervisor. It was Lee who announced that, contrary to Robert's desire to not make it public information, the Lupin family was giving a full wizarding school or college scholarship to every child of every fallen auror. The crowd was touched and moved by the Lupin family's generosity. Robert wasn't moved. A college scholarship would never replace the man who had fallen in the line of duty. He merely sat silently and appropriately as Lee delivered his words.

As was American custom, every fallen man was taken in a hearse to the cemetary. They all followed in a caravan of black limosines. There were two long rows of scattered gravesites. They honored each man with words specific to him, and a 21 gun salute and the returning of the flag that had covered the casket to the family, followed, at the end of the individual ceremonies, a playing of Taps by 12 buglars, one at each gravesite. By now, Lee and Brian were holding Khaat on her feet. It had been a long time standing on her feet, as weak as she was, and with her stilettos. Brian felt him bearing most of her body weight and knew that they were working against time. If she didn't get out of this soon, they would no doubt be calling a muggle ambulance for her when she inevitably passed out.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:39 pm

Jess touched Kate's back " maybe we should make an excuse and get Khaat out of here " she whispered softly " maybe we could say she is exhausted from the traveling " she said hoping Kate would agree to let her take hr back " I'll go with her you and Robert are needed here, she can't hold out much longer. " she then stood back in her place waiting to see if the would let her take her back with jack as body guard. Jack moved closer to Jess taking her hand in his own as he too agreed.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:53 pm

"They're almost done," Lee whispered very softly. "Maybe five more minutes." Lee bolstered Khaat more so that she was virtually not using any of her own strength anymore. Then the family members began going up and laying individual long stemmed roses on top of the caskets on their way out.

"I'll do this," Brian said to her softly. He looked at Jack and spoke almost inaudibly. "Jack. take my place. Just support her to stand. I'll be back." When Jack took his place, Brian did the duty of putting a rose on each casket for both Khaat and him. He looked back at Lee who nodded.

"Now, Jack," Lee said. "Get her to the car." He helped Jack take her to the car and put her inside. "Let's hope Robert comes soon--or Brian. She's lost so much strength that she's feeling very faint. We can take her to our base infirmary if you want."

"No we wont' either," Angus said, getting in the car. "Her staff can deal with it. Thats what we're trained to do." He took out a vial of the ruby potion and opened it. "Here, Khaat. Drink the whole thing. Daddy's orders." He fed her the massive dose, and she fell limp against him. "Don't panic. He said that might happen. She'll regain herself in a moment."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 100 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 68 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top