New Day, New Life - Page 13
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

New Day, New Life - Page 13 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

New Day, New Life

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Day, New Life - Page 13 Empty Re: New Day, New Life

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:14 pm

"Thank you," Robert said. Angus plated up the salads and delivered them to the table. He delivered one on a tray to Khaat, with some lovely crackers made with Hawaiian Sweet Bread dough. They had just a fine dusting of beautiful Hawaiian red salt on them. It was beautiful enough to be in any cookbook. Gourmet picture perfect.

"How do you do this so beautifully?" she asked.

"Its all in the presentation," he smiled. "Enjoy. You have fresh, grilled mahi mahi. You'll have to let me know what you think."

"I can tell already that its going to be beautiful," she said. "Thank you."

"Oh, and the tea is fresh fruit tea."

"Thanks"

"Come and eat, you all," Angus said. "Its ready."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Cassidy moved to the table choosing to sit on the end so she didn't have to squash in with her tummy. Jess sat with her and pored out some tea " drink it will do you some good " she said seeing Cassidy smile as she took it from her , " good you look like you could use it " she said and glanced at Robert .

" I'm fine , just a little tired " she said drinking the tea slowly and eating the food as she looked over at Steven who sat facing her and eating his own food with jack next to him grinning like a Cheshire cat. Jess shook her head.

" Grow up Jack" she said and sighed as she began to eat her own food " this is good Angus " she said smiling at him " love how you managed to mix the flavors yet keep it simple" she ate some more.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:48 pm

Khaat ate part of her lunch but was just too tired to finish. It was a beautiful salad, but she soon set it aside and laid back and shut her eyes, hearing no more.

"I'm glad you like it," Angus told the others. "The seafood here is some of the finest in the world. I fully intend on making use of it. I love cooking seafood anyway. Nothing better than getting what is fresh and in season right where you are. Thats what makes food the best and the healthiest. It should prove for us to have some incredible food here. That and the fact that we can get food delivered from almost anywhere--at least right now--if we have to."

"Aren't you well supplied already?" Robert asked.

"Exceptionally well," Angus said. "I'm going to fix some slow roasted tropical pork tomorrow for tomorrow. I'm going to put it on tonight so it can slow cook. Tonight, we dine like royalty on the finest seafood in the world."

"You're spoiling us," Kate smiled.

"Might as well do it while we have it," Angus smiled.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassidy Walker Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Cassidy felt full after only half the plate and stood up moving towards her room some what feeling a head ache hitting her hard. " I'm going to lay down" she said " I think I got to much sun" she said and moved to lay down on her bed in her room she waved her hand and made the curtains close to shut out the light .

Steven finished his food and took Cassidys plate into the kitchen seeing how little she ate he sighed but said nothing it was not up to him. Jess looked with a frown " she's been ok all day " she said and stood up moving to check on the babies who were sleeping still. Jack finished his plate and asked for a second smiling.

" hey its good , I always liked seafood" he said taking a drink of the tea.
Cassidy Walker
Cassidy Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 1311

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:08 am

"I'm leaving that to you, Jess," Brian said after Cassidy left. "Nothing seems to agree with her these days. Not sun, not shade, not food, not going without it, not sitting, not standing....I guess Khaat was blessed that she has never had any sort of difficulties with her pregnancies, didn't even have morning sickness with either of them. The only trouble she ever had was finding her feet over the triplets. The rest of it actually was a lot of fun for her and I both. You seem to be doing better with her than we are right now, Jess. And Robert has his hands full."

"Yes, but if you need me, I'll step in. Seems to me I'll let her sleep and I'll work on finishing that basement. Unless someone has an objection. I may have some space left. Any additional suggestions?"

"Family room?" Brian suggested. "Play room for the kids maybe? Extra guest rooms? Oh and that reminds nme. I think I'll make the master bath more of the luxury spa type. Maybe surprise Khaat with it."

"Good idea. Anyone else?" Robert asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:19 am

Jess nodded agreeing with him to let her sleep " I think shes just got it difficult" she said and sighing slightly " I'll check on her in an hour " she said and looked back at the babies " I agree with Brain playroom, family room and a spar maybe two one for the rest of us to use leaving you guys to your privet one " she said and looked at the pool " ow what about a jacuzzi on the pool?" she asked.

Jack chuckled " yeah some don't want to swim all the time but so like to to sit out " he said and chuckled he saw Steven looking worried " hey shes ok leave it be " he said and Steven nodded.

" I can't help it, she's in her last trimester and shes barely eating this is when she should be eating more not less " he saw the look on Jack's face " jack I can't help it " he stood up " I care about her...I know more than I should but I do" he moved to walk down the corridor to her room. leaving a stunned jack sitting with his fork sticking out his mouth.

" Humm... some ones love struck " he said " badly, wish he'd realize it and give us all some piece" he said taking another bite.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:33 am

"This is Steven we're talking about. He's always falling in love easily," Brian said calmly. "I've learned to look past it. If I didn't it would drive me buggy. Robert, this may be too much stress though for Steven and Cassidy. Is thre a safer place for them?"

"No," Robert frowned. "If there had been, would I not have sent my daughter and grandchildren there? Think, Brian. They're not as likely to be hunted like you and Khaat will be, so being apart from you would decrease the risk for them in itself. But you can't choose what you'd like for anyone else. That's always up to them. This isn't about safety, is it? This is about the fact that you and Khaat feel responsible for Cassidy's difficulties. You think it would be easier for her if she were elsewhere. I can't promise that it would change a stinking thing. If I could, I would be telling her that myself. But, she's never coped with stress or physical pain very well either one. And that sends up Stevens radar for her."

"So what are you telling me?" Brian asked.

"Mind your own business. You have a woman of your own and a family of your own--all who need your attention. Put your efforts there. And if you're bored, come help me finish that basement."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:58 am

Jess chuckled and smiled " hes got a soft heart " she said "its in the right place he has to learn to let it be some times , let him deal with it Jack and I don't worry about her as much as he does " she said " but she does have ahead ache because she didn't do what Steven asked and wear a hat while she swum, so she's now feeling it " Jess said moving to a second crib and smiling at Julia.

Jack moved to Jess and sighed " ok go talk to her " he said " make sure she's ok and reassure that big Texan she is before he does something irrational " he said moving her. Jess chuckled and moved down the corridor to the room seeing seven pace in his own.

" Steven, will you quite worrying her pregnancy fine, she just has to understand her body's changing , which is what I am going to talk to her about right now. " she said and knocked on the door . Hearing Cassidy from inside she moved in closing the door behind her.

Steven walked back out looking at Brian " sorry Brain " he said to Brian " I'm acting like a first time father and I shouldn't be" he looked at him
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:21 am

"And I'm being a supervisor," Brian sighed.

"Brian," Kate went to him, and put her arm around him. "I love you, Boy. You know that, but it just might be that you don't have to feel responsible for every choice one of your employees make. If you're going to make a remark like that, you need to explain it."

"No. He gets it," Brian said, hearing one of the babies cry. He went over and found Julia was fussy. He picked her up.and began to just walk the floor with her.

"Steven," Kate said, "He believed he had to let Cassidy go before because he knew her heart wasn't into the job then. And he feels completely responsible for her going to Stevens. But that was Cassidy's own fault She had other options. She had friends, and she never used them. Brian feels that he didnt do a good job training her. He believes if he had trained her better--mind, body and spirit, that she might have not been in this sort of boat now. You're a law man. You know its not that easy. We still have our own choices, and what haunts Brian is his memories of the suffering that he and Khaat have both endured and how much he doesn't want that for another living soul. He sees her struggling and it brings back his own pain for him that he tries to train past. Khaat helps him be happy, maybe for the first time in his life. The kids, Khaat--its all given him meaning, but he would gladly die to keep even one more teardrop off her face. And I think sometimes when he sees Cassidy not coping, it makes him believe its his fault."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven Walker Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:30 am

Steven listened to Kate and nodded " its not your fault Brian , she is trained to fight but some how I'm guessing shes not trained to be a mother, since as she told me she never had one to tell her what she needed " he said " but Jess is talking to her now, she'll get threw, I don't know and I don't think I want to know, but those two are like good friends where that goes. " he said chuckling to himself.

Cassidy and Jess walked out as he was talking. Cassidy looked at Steven " ow are we ?" she said and smiled " get him , he thinks he knows me already " she said " Brian I'm fine, I just got to much sun , Jess got rid of my head ache and I'm feeling, well, hungry" she said and looked at Khaat " just call me stubborn" she said smiling as she looked at Brian " I can still hold my own in a fight Brian" she looked at him.
Steven Walker
Steven Walker
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 3077
Special Abilities : Legllimancy, Speaking to Animals

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 42 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 27 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top