Feminine Fire - Page 19
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Feminine Fire - Page 19 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Feminine Fire

Page 19 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feminine Fire - Page 19 Empty Re: Feminine Fire

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Brian scanned the garden, and, seeing nothing, he went over and very gently put his hands under Khaat's shoulders and lifted her to her feet, lovingly and affectionately. "Can you help Fi?" he asked her. Khaat nodded,
She took out her wand and went over to Fiona and examined her Sectumsempra. She used her wand to cast the Vulnera Sanentur and healed the evil looking wound. Dean looked up at her.

"Thank you," he said to her, gratefully. He stood up and picked up Fiona, who curled into Dean, laying her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you," Brian said to Jack, Steven, Angus, Kieran and Dean. "Let's go home." Khaat handed him her shawl and Kieran wrapped him tightly in his arms to keep her from falling.

"Hold tight," he told her. She held on tight to Kieran, and he grabbed ahold of the shawl. In a mere moment, they were portkeyed back to the estate.

"Dean," Brian said, "Bring Fiona into the manor house where Khaat can treat her until she regains her strength." Dean merely followed Angus inside, where Angus led them up to a guest room.

"You're welcome to stay in the manor house tonight," Brian told Jack and Steven. "There is plenty of room. I just want to say thank you. That was a narrow escape. Thank you so much. If all we end up having to contend with is a slash wound, then we did exceptionally well. I do expect Robert to be sent her to have to explain, for the record, why there was unauthorized use of magic in Dublin tonight. But at least we're on Robert's home turf. It wont' take a whole lot to justify it. But we will need to expect him tonight. I don't think they will have tracked us here, but I will keep watch out for Gelding's men. We must not underestimate Ethan Burke."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 23623
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:39 pm

steven nodded and held tigbht the face of the young boy playing on his mind as they aperated away back to the cottage and stables " I think I would like that " he said and looked at Brian the puzzelment siting on his face like worry lines on his forhead " Im gonna check the perimiter " he said and left for his patrol.

Jack looked at brian and shighed " he saw one and ever since hes been loking like he lost his marbles " he said " we'll have to find out what is bugging him when he comes back from patrol" he said and sat out side waiting.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:53 pm

"Burke brought kids with him. They were nothing much more than Newt students. Some of them may well have been either dropouts or Durmstrang students. I had to kill two of them. I know how he feels," Brian sighed. He drew out a silver cigarette case out of his suit jacket pocket, retrieved a slender Italian cigarette and lit it with his wand. "Sorry," he apologized. "I really don't smoke often. But I didn't expect an ambush tonight. And I didnt' expect to be killing children either. I"m glad Khaat went inside with Kieran to see to Fi. I'll feel better about Fi if Khaat tends her. And I'll feel better if Khaat's inside. If I know Angus, he is checking the inside of the house to be sure the protection spells are still in place inside. And then he'll be helping Khaat. I never wanted to bring this sort of danger to my sister, Jack. Maybe she was better when she didn't know I still was alive."

Truth be told, tonight he felt like Jess was better when she was away from him and Khaat too. The sad part was that Khaat blamed herself for Jess's relapse. She had confessed before bed last night that she didn't want anyone to get close to her ever again, and he knew how she felt. But Brian believed Khaat was far too beautiful--inside and out--to never have any more friends ever again.

Dean might not understand Brian, but he felt sure that Jack understood the pressure Brian was feeling tonight. And Jack would not condemn him for a single cigarette.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:13 pm

Jack looked at Brain and nodded " guess thats it " he said and watched as steven walked back and over to them. Jack looked at brian smoking and chuckled " smokings not good for you but hell one isn't too bad " he said and looked at steven " so thats your problem mate?" he asked.

Steven looked at Jack " its ok I thought I Recognised one of those men that we were firing on he got away thought, might just be my imagination though" he said and chuckled as he saw Brian smoking " when did you take it up and does Khaat know you do that on the sly?" he asked folding his arms across his chest
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:29 pm

"Yeah, she does," Brian said. "Butt as I said, it doesn't happen often. Its very rare, so she leaves it alone. And I wouldn't consider doing it around her while she's pregnant or around any of the children. Some men get drunk when they've had enough. I smoke just one cigarette. That's all. Just one. I take it the grounds are secure, then, Jack? I told Steven I would prefer you both sleep in the manor house tonight. And we need to expect Robert sooner or later...."

"Sooner," came Robert's voice from the shadows. He walked out of the darkness towards the house. "What the hell happened? And what were you doing in Dublin? Don't you know better than to go holding a massacre in a muggle park, for God's sake?"

"News travels fast," Brian sighed, deciding to light a second cigarrette. He lit it with the butt end of the previous one. Robert frowned. He'd seen Brian smoke one. But never ever two, and never lighting the second with the smoldering remain of the first.

"What happened, Son?" Robert asked more quietly, much more acting like Brian's father now.

"Gelding ambushed us," Brian said. "And Luther Burke's brother has joined Gelding."

"Ethan? I wondered how long that would take. Are you all alright?"

"Fi. She took a sectumsempra, but Khaat mended it. She's seeing to her now, I believe."

"Do me a favor. Stay out here in the country. We do not need more of this."

"I can do that," Brian said.

"Let's go inside. If Angus hasn't made any tea, I will." Robert motioned them to all follow him into the kitchen.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:41 pm

Jack looked at Brian and nodded " good move " he said and nodded " its ok with me " he said jumping a little as Robert apeared " can't you ring a bell or something" he said chuckaling to himself " any word on jess?" he asked hoping he'd heard something good by now.

Steven stood quiet scanning the area he knew the open grounds made it impossible for any one to sneak up on the house but he still wanted to be alert seeing Robert aperate in he nodded and turned back to the landscape.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:01 pm

"Not yet," Robert said. "Its only been one day, Jack. Be patient. This could well take a long time. I would expect that Jeffrey would forward any word that he might have to you as well as to me." He led them inside and made tea. He soon poured mugs and passed one mug to each of them. "One of Khaat's favorites. Chamomile and almond."

Khaat came downstairs, on Kieran's arm. Brian nearly bolted up from his chair when he saw her.

"My sister," he said urgently.

"She's fine, Brian," Khaat said calmly. She went to him and kissed him. She could taste the nicotine on his breath. She stroked his cheek lovingly. "She's fine. She's sleeping. I loaned her one of my nightgowns, resized it for her, and gave her a sleeping potion. She won't wake until morning. Dean said he'll stay with her. He's going to come down to go to the cottage for a few of their things, but he'll go right back to her. She's alright. There is no more bleeding. She doesn't even need a dressing now."

"From a sectumsempra? Well done, Khaat! Well done, indeed!" her father said. "Hello, my darling. Tea? Your favorite." He handed her the mug in his hand.

"Mmm. Almond. Thank you, Daddy. And the chamomile will be good for all of us," she smiled.

"Well, yes. I had thought about that," he smiled. He paused and laid his hand on her stomach. After a moment he smiled. "They're beautiful, Khaat. Truly beautiful."

"They're alright?"

"Yes. They're fine," Robert said. Brian leaned back in his chair, sighing deeply. Khaat went over to him and began massaging his shoulders gently. He groaned. Dean came downstairs and looked at the new man in the kitchen.

"Uh...M..Minister?" Dean asked.

"Robert Lupin," Robert introduced himself. "Khaat's father."

"What brings you....oh, wait. The magic...in the park..." Dean said.

"Stand down, Lad. All is well," Robert said. He looked at Jack and Steven. "I will send for men to guard the house tonight. Then I want you both on your toes first thing in the morning. I don't know what Gelding's game will be, so until I know, I want you on your toes. I will keep you covered so you both can rest. Is that workable for you?"

"I...will help," Dean said. "I could not sleep tonight."

"And I will stay awake. I will defend my family," Kieran said. Robert was pleased to see Kieran rising to the challenge. He looked at Brian, Jack, and Steven. "Your thoughts?"
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:13 pm

Jack looked at Robert and nodded " your right im just worrying over her too much " he said then looked at steven and nodded " we'll take shifts in patroling and sleeping, there should be enouph to cover the whole grounds, Rob....Minister " he said for amoment sliping but he caught himself to correct it knowing it would go better if he was formal in this situaltion.

Steven nodded "I agree jack then kiren then me and Dean takes last shift " he said trying to space out when people would sleep. he loked at Jack " Im sure she's thinking of you to mate, just hang in there " he said placing his hand on his shoulder. He moved to the minister and moved him to one side " Minister I thought I saw an old partner of mine officaly hes ment to be dead yet I saw him clear as day with ethan Burke , his name was scott durand, is there any chance you could check it out for me if he is alive I'd like to know why hes running with him , whay terrible thing made him chose that dark side." he paused " sorry sir I rambling " he watched him.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:45 pm

"No," Robert said. "Good idea, wrong order. Dean, you take the first watch, please. Kieran, you take the second. Steven, you take the third, and Jack. you take the last shift." Robert had was already thinking strategically for it.

"I'll stay up," Brian said, as Dean left to get some things at the cottage.

"No," Robert said. "I don't want you up. I want you to stay with my daughter. You know your place. If you believe you're that short handed, I'll stay."

"Its not necessary," Brian said.

"I could check on Durand, Steven, but you're an auror," Robert said. "You have the same access to the records of magical persons that I do. If you think he's not dead when he's supposed to be, and you' think he's gone to the dark side, then you ought to come to the ministry offices when you get back from here and check him out yourself. Besides, if you find him, you may have more of an ability to get through to him than I would, especially if he was your partner at one time." Robert looked at Brian, whose eyes had begun to get heavy.
He went over to Brian.

"Enough, Son," he laid his hand on Brian's shoulder.

"What did you put in my tea?" Brian asked, sighing heavily.

"What makes you think I put anything in it? Now off to bed with you. Kieran, take your baby brother upstairs, please. Now." Kieran got no resistance from Brian whatsoever and took Brian upstairs.

"Daddy," Khaat frowned. "What did you do?"

"He'll be right as rain in the morning," Robert kissed her cheek.

"You slipped him a sleeping potion," she said.

"I might have let my hand slip with a drop or so," Robert shrugged. "Khaat, when have you ever seen him smoke two cigarettes in rapid fire succession?"

"Never," She frowned quite deeply now.

"My point exactly. I'll talk to him in the morning. In the meantime, perhaps he just needs to sleep off some of his stress. Shall I go check Fiona for you?"

"I think she's alright, but you're always welcome to double check my work."

"That won't be necessary. Alright. You go get out of that lovely cocktail dress and get comfortable. I am going to sit here, with my tea, and read the newspaper. I'm not leaving just yet."

"Thank you, Daddy," Khaat smiled, going upstairs. She found Kieran had merely taken Brian's clothes down to his underwear and tucked him into bed. Brian was already sound asleep as Kieran covered him. "I'll pick up his clothes," Khaat told Kieran softly. "Thank you."

"Going to bed, then?" Kieran asked.

"No, I think not. Not yet. I think I'm just going to get comfortable and then perhaps come back down and bring a book and read a bit with my father. You want to join us?"

"Me? Read?" he frowned.

"You might try it. Its good for you," Khaat laughed.

"Khaat, Khaat, Khaat. What am I going to do with you? You're turning my life so upside down, I really am going to lose my reputation, you know."

"I certainly hope so," she laughed. He brushed her cheek.

"You're a good woman. I'll see you downstairs in a few minutes. Probably without the book. I don't think I even own one." He left for his own room to change to jeans and a simple sportshirt. In the meantime, Khaat changed into a lovely pink floor length chemise style gown with a matching robe that was trimmed in beautiful crocheted pink lace. It was soft and comfortable. She found a pair of matching ballet type slippers and found two books--one for herself, and one Brian had been meaning to read and she took them back downstairs after briefly looking in on Fiona and finding she was perfectly fine.

Kieran saw her coming downstairs and went to meet her on the stairs, and he clutched tightly at her just as her foot missed the step. He caught her easily. "I'd rather you let us help you with things now," Kieran said.

"Thank you," she said very softly, her heart beating wildly, thinking about how close she had come to perhaps falling down the stairs and how disastrous that could have been. She glanced at her father, who was seated in the living room and watching carefully over the top of his glasses, his wand in his hand, about ready to catch her with an Arresto Momentum spell himself. Robert watched Kieran bring her downstairs and make her comfortable in a soft, large overstuffed armchair in the living room. The chair had a red country print and a large soft overstuffed ottoman to go along with it. Kieran waved the ottoman over to her and had her put her feet up. She hadn't realized until she did put them up how puffy and swollen and achy they were tonight. "Thank you," she told Kieran. "That's much better. And I brought you a book."

"I found you one too," Robert said, levitating a book to him.

"Beetle the Bard?" Kieran frowned.

"Beggars can't be choosers," Robert said calmly.

"Try this one," Khaat laughed, handing Kieran the muggle murder mystery paperback.

"Much better," Kieran said. "I'll go refresh my tea and join you both."

"I'd like that," Khaat said. Kieran headed for the kitchen to refill his tea mug.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Steven nodded to Robert " I'll do the resurch once were home , last I heard frol linda , thats his wife , he dies in an exploshion on a mishion I'll look into it more " he said and moved to sit down to drink some hot coffee he accioed from the kitchen for himself. He stood up when he saw Khat coming down in Keirans arm smiling to show even he aproved he chuckled at the book Brian had " hey don't knock it , its agood book " he siad and slid it to him to read later. Jack chuckled and looked out side at the grounds " I agree with Robert on the order " he said seeing Steven had said nothing about it he knew he would not sleep so he'd be on look out ether way. " your right Robert, its not been that long" he looked at him " guess I'm just wishful thinking again " he said wishing something would come soon.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 73 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 46 ... 73  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum